Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-12-19 at 6:08 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Oh… I’m sorry to hear that, and I hope you’ll get well soon. I don't think I should ask about details, huh?”

“Yes. That may be for the best.”

"Not much to tell really. I had an unfortunate impact with a statue, and Omen  seeing me hurt - took me to a place, where she remembered there being a place of healers. Yet her information were old, and it have long since become a place where the kitsune dwelled. They graciously healed me up, best they could, and we were sent away, unharmed. I owe them, Omen, Sen, and Lin, my life for this. Whereas the latter three are friends, and did so out of kindness, the kitsune will eventually find a way to have me repay them for their help. They're unpredictable, but they enjoy having some opportunities for things. My guess is that I will be a subject of one of their lectures, when they're teaching the kits eventually. They enjoy field trips, and playing along with their lessons, often yields better results than trying to resist them. Me owing them a favor, is something they can call upon as a reminder, that I owe them as much."

Once more, he skipped some details, but he honestly believed it better that he were saying something, rather than trying to hide. They'd get more suspicious with no story, rather than one that were a little more ambiguous. At least in his experience.

In the meantime, Kiba continued with his own work, having already finished up the power washing step. He’ll first apply some oil over all of the tools he received plus the telescoping rod Sen had on him. He didn’t quite catch on to what the others were saying, but it sounded serious and a bit impressive, though not for the same things. Having met kitsune was supposedly a rare thing, and yet these four talk about it like it’s nothing? They might be more going on with them, or they were probably just lucky. 

Rosa would examine this work for a time, before moving to Uddo. Omen would still look very closely, but for Rosa, it were not so much a genuine curiosity, as much as it were a matter of appreciating solid work done correctly. It would take a bit of focus to get the tools all perky and good gain, but he were going at this well, and already had made a good deal of progress. There were something admirable about that, in his opinion. As well as fascinating. Yet Uddo were another one he needed to keep some focus on, and thus, he would inevitably go and address the Longma patriarch. This leading to him responding to something of note.

“Oh, you don’t need to give me anything. Business may be a kind of tit-for-tat relationship, but the same isn’t true when it comes to my niece and nephew’s friends. Since you asked, I’m not really much of one who had interests outside of work for the longest time. Had to get things sorted for the business back then, you know? With a lot of pressure on me, I had to dedicate a lot of my attention to the business, even outside of work.”

“However, I’ve had this growing interest in music. There’s a music club in town that’s got acts every evening, but I usually go there for the jazz performances. Aside from that, my parter also got me interested in painting, if only because any skills I pick up could be transferable to the business. Maybe it could open new ways to grow and expand. What say you, Rosa? Interested in seeing musical performances one of these days? The offer is also extended to you, Sen, Lin, and Omen.”

"It is less business, and more being raised to believe that one should offer a gift, when given one too. It may take some time, but I will find something. Your fascination in music are giving me certain ideas, beyond the club you mention. That you're a fan of jazz narrows it too. I can also agree with jazz being delightful. I find it soothing, when my head begins to get rather busy. Helps to narrow my focus.

As for the performance, I would be intrigued to watch it. Might be some up and coming talents one would run into, before they get famous. So it certainly have my interest."

"I can go. Maybe Shrimp will like it."

So that were two votes for. That were a good start on things.

"As for the painting, are we talking decorative patterns, paintings on canvas, or potentially wall or statue painting? There's a fair few things one can paint upon, and varied ways at going at it. I'm curious what your approach might be. It sounds as if it is primarily painting that can be done to your work?"

He could think of a few ways to make a gift out of this, as well as the music. The latter depending on is Uddo had a music player of some sort, and the latter on what his canvas would be. He knew some fairly good wood painting one could use, and work towards acquiring. It would eb hard to beat Omen's gift though, but such a rarity were not easy to come by. Made him wonder what other things she had stashed here and there. Perhaps something to go through with her at some point. What shew considered mundane, might well be actual treasure.

"And if I may, might I ask if we will meet the lovely lady of the house at some point? You have said much off her, and I admit that it makes me curious as to how she might be in person. She sounds like a very encouraging, goal-focused individual."

===============================================================================

@Kujamih @Catpone Cerberus

The kitsune were confused, but the let out a gasp, as Shark grabbed hold of Light, and carried him up in the air, while he then carried them along.

"It's just like Elder Iri!"

The two would use some magic, and put wind under their paws and Light's hooves, making them able to stand in the air. And getting loose, the two of them would start to run in a little circle around the two ponies, chasing each other in a childish display of fun and giddiness. It would last for a dozen seconds or so, before the two of them would get out of it, and look over at the others, looking a bit embarrassed. Or well, Zhing looked a little flustered. Hachi simply seemed energized.

"Sorry, we were just remembering one of our elders She is good at weight magic too. Let's see if we notice something."

The two would look out, and almost immediately, Zhing would wrinkle her nose.

"Do you smell that too?"

Hachi would be confused, but smell a few times as well, then look at his sister.

"Yeah. Neighponese Lazura Poison. It's faint, but... Why is that here?"

"I dunno, but the trail goes... That way."

She'd point towards the inn, then trail her paw slowly towards the castle. Not all the way, but the direction seemed clear to her.

"I smell it faintly going that way, if you count for the wind. Whatever's happening here, it's maybe headed for the castle. It's just... Weird. Lazuri Poison in a thing to trick others, with suggestive undertones, and a slight hallucinogenic. Why would an assassin use that?"

"And how would they have stuff from back home like this? I'm getting a bad feeling about this sis..."

The two would begin to jump forward in the air, whereas Shark would just keep carrying Light the same direction. He could walk on air now, so he might ask her to let go of him, and she'd oblige, but instinctually, she'd carry him. She were not sure exactly what were happening, but she smelled worry on the kitsune. That were not good.

Getting closer to the castle, they'd eventually be able to see a couple of creatures there, with something just about to happen. Though they'd be too far away to interfere, no matter how quickly they moved.

=================================================================================

@Sekel @Props ValRoa

10 hours ago, Sekel said:

"Letters?" Twilight repeated dumbly, her mind still processing all the ghosts abound. "Spirits are ... what letters? The only letter I've ever gotten from this location is one Magnolia sent me with a map. I've never even heard of you before coming to this town so I don't exactly know how I'm supposed to feel or what to think," she said quickly before shaking her head a few times. "Spirits are real and I'm talking to a supposed ancestor. I need time to wrap my head around this."

"Hmph. I knew I should have employed the owls, rather than your postal works. Yet I tried to accommodate the changing times. A mistake I will not repeat another time."

So her letters had simply not shown then? Utterly preposterous. Not that she claimed Twilight lied, yet this being the truth, said many, very bad things about their postal system. Never had they put a single letter through... Disgraceful behavior. Had she no better to do, she would launch a formal complaint, but she were sure that too would be lost in the mail somewhere.

"And you're barely seeing any spirits, lest you have the sight. I imagine you do not. Otherwise, you would be shocked more of how many are here.

Sanctuary are build as a foci for spirits. Those who are lost, will feel the draw towards us. Not all will come, but enough does, that needs help to pass on. Others, like the one with you, are tethered, and cannot move on their own accord. No need hiding my child. I can see you."

The air flickered, and Cherish got into view.

"Uhm... H-Hello. Please uh... Don't force me on?"

"The Macabre Clan does not force spirits to the next world, lest they are maddened, or evil, and needs to be relieved of their misery. You are in control of yourself, and not twisted. So if you wish to remain on this plane, you are free to do so. Just take it from one, who do not have the choice: Don't linger forever. Whatever's on the other side, at least it is a place meant for the departed. This plane is not."

"Not a c-choice.... Y-You're uhm... Trapped here?"

"Yes. The reapers ignore me, and try as they might, the Macabre's cannot help me on. It is... A disheartening experience, which hits but a few spirits, for unknown reasons."

Cherish did not seem comfortable with this information. She did not want to be forced on, but not having the choice at all? That sounded miserable.

6 hours ago, Magnolia said:

"She's the real deal. It's why she noticed who I was so readily. That I was one of the Sparkle family." Magnolia spoke calmly.

"An incorrect telling of events. I were hopeful, yet I thoroughly examined you, before I felt certain about your claim. All the way down to the soul. I do not need to do this with Twilight. I know of her reputation, and it might interfere with the link between her, and this spirit. I see little reason to do so."

Magnolia would feel a slight pull on her leg, and if she looked down, she'd see a little scarecrow, of straw and bone, roughly put together in a humanoid form, and looking up at he with it's glassy, button eyes. It'd clutch a note in its other hand, which it would reach up to her. On the note, would be a short message from Zeehva, hastily scribbled down, saying that she would need some time to rejoin them, since something had come up, and not to worry, as she were okay. There'd also be a charcoal stick with the note, so that Magnolia could write a response on the backside. The little messenger, wouldn't go away, until it had gotten a response to return with, and would then hobble away. It seemed small messenger constructs like this, were a commonplace thing in Sanctuary.

========================================================================

@Sekel

"Several, but that will take weeks. As a general rule of hoof, try not to overcomplicate things. Pick simple ponies, and if you have issues with for instance hooves, make use of shoes. Though the far easier solution, is merely to remember to keep consistent. Your other hooves are made well, then why is the last not? If fur falls well all other place, what then stops you from keeping that at the end too?

In truth though, you do not need to hide as a pony. Gryphons are more readily accepted these days, and perhaps your insight into their culture, will make it easier for you to have a hive based in, or around, one of their settlements. Not many do that, so the competition will be lesser."

"Still not a bad showing, for a first time at ponies. And transformation takes proper time getting used to. First few times I tried, I looked like I'd been shot through. But enough time and beatings from Grimace, and I got there. You'll probably do well without the beatings."

"It should be mentioned that is not a regular training motivator either. Grimace just never liked you, Happy."

"Awh, and here I figured we were chumps. Heh."

Happy weren't dense. He got that he were treated harsher by Grimace. He weren't sure why exactly, but he'd been near cracked open a few times, when he had failed making a proper disguise, or done something that gave off his true nature. And most had been okay with that. He were pretty unpopular with the old members of the hive. Guess who were last changeling standing now though? That's right, him. The one they looked the lowest on, were the only true loyal one. Take that.

"Distractions aside, you will need to be faced with the concept of a hive environment too, and what is needed in an area, to make for a proper base for your eventual hive. When in time you are prepared, I think it best we go and visit mine. There is much left to do to dig it out, but there is a basic idea, that I can prese-"

She were interrupted, as the ground opened, and a diamond-ecrusted horn, drilled up with a clear aura swirling around it. The changeling in front of them, would be an unmistakable part of the crystal hive, and look them over, after shaking some loose dirt and pebble off of his exoskeleton.

"What mineral-rich soil this place holds.

Ah, you are here. Greetings, Queen Aurora."

The gemling with bow before Aurora.

"Queen Dia'thiz, asks that you could meet them in three days, upon the summit of mountains to our west, where grass covers the peaks."

He would then turn, and look at the others. Especially Onache, looking at him scrutinizing. He'd be unaware that she were in his head, yet she'd feel the presence of another in there soon after, who did bite notice in her. Hence why this drone now turned to look at her.

"My queen would extend the same invitation to you too. They say your mind is sharp, and skills notified."

"Tell her that I accept, and that her hivemind is intriguingly strong."

The gemling would nod. His queen knew already, listening in to their every words, and seeing what they willed. An invasion of privacy to many, but they were the queen, and thus, the drones trusted that they did, what were best.

===================================================================

@Sekel

12 hours ago, Sekel said:

"There's been no unfortunate visions as of late," Karmic shook her head. "Which is a relief but also concerning. Am I losing my ability? I don't think so, my cutie mark is still here ..." Karmic told him with a hint of nervousness to her voice. "They pop up randomly so much I tended to have my head in the clouds but since ... Atzy is as she is now, it's like they've stopped. Were the visions somehow leading me to her and her Gemling Princess status?"

"We have seers and oracles, in the capitol of my kind. Those without control, says it can vary wildly, how frequent the visions comes. You might not be losing your touch, but rather, there is something incoming. Something which are charging up, in a manner of speaking.

I can assure you, that I will stop you from wandering off of a cliff, and to your certain demise, if you wander in a haze of visions."

In his mind, that were a reassuring statement, but she might disagree with that. Not that he'd realize it. Saying he'd make sure she didn't end up accidentally falling to her death - a rare, yet not unheard of way for seers and oracles to perish - seemed like a kind gesture to him, and he'd be curious as to why some might find it a little jarring of a statement.

Though realistically, the odds that she might have a storm of visions soon, would likely be a more jarring prospect for her to focus on.

"Though it could also be as you think. That in some way, you and Atzy were connected long ago. With you leading to this fate, mayhap your days of visions are over? I am not qualified to tell."

12 hours ago, Sekel said:

Atzy crouched to get a better look at Felicia and her ears flicked a few times, trying to understand the bigger spider-bot. She heard the translation from Molotov and nodded slowly.

"If you like being free, Felicia, then go have some fun," Atzy chuckled and gently patted the top of Felicia's body. It felt metallic and cold but Atzy didn't mind that. "Maybe Molotov can think up of a better body for you instead of a metal skeleton of a spider." She then turned to look at the other smaller spider and smiled. "And you, Carmen, if you like the attention so much then you can climb over me."

Considering Felicia were taller than she were, the mare crouching would be an odd choice, but it might be to get a better look of her underside? She did not understand fleshlings, and their odd curiosities sometimes.

The patting she understood, and while she did not approve of it - she were a guard unit, not a pet - she would not move as the pony did her thing, and patted a section of Felicia's torso. A smooth metallic surface, with sensors beneath, so she could feel this touch, much as any fleshling would. She could just also internally adjust how much of the impact her receptors and programs would intercept of things, in case there were battle, and something pierced her, for instance.

She would say something back, that sounded like several metallic gear and a saw, buzzing at varying speeds.

"Hey, language young lady. I might not know what you said there, but I'm catching on to when you start inventing swear words in that there language.

Try not thinking too much on it there, miss. Thing with Felicia is, that while I've offered that when I'm able to make an equine body that functions proper, I could transfer her over, she is not interested. Carmen here? She's over the moon at the thought, but Felicia's perfectly comfortable in her own chassis. As her creator, I outta respect that.

And she's free now, and can wander out when she wants. Weren't that at first though, but that's all on me. I made the chassis to make for a proper guard robot, then added an AI, cause I were thinking it'd help her adapt to situations better. I didn't think proper on how it also made her an individual, with her own wants and desires. Might've changed my approach, if I went back in time here, but I couldn't go and wipe her from her chassis. It'd be no difference from cold-blooded murder to me. So instead, I've gotten her suited up with a proper power source, and now she's free to roam when she wanna look around. Had a nice trip to the scrap yard yesterday for instance. Seemed like they liked her there, so that's good. Kept being afraid she'd be chased with torches. You know how it is, yeah? What folks don't understand, they fear."

Molotov sounded like a concerned, dotting parent, which in many ways, he were. These might just seem like constructs, or toys to others, but these were his girls. His kids, as much as those born of flesh and blood. Of course he were worried when he saw them wander out into a world, that did not understand them, nor the technology that made them. He really had to get working on those voice boxes soon, so they could communicate better...

As for Carmen, she'd take the invitation, and skitter over on Atzy, then rummage around on her. Her small legs were metallic, but more rounded and soft than Felicia's bladed ones, so she'd not feel intrusive or painfult o have running around. She seemed the most fascinated with the gems though, reflecting her own face in their surface. A creature with gems in them... How strange. She'd poke at them to see if they were stuck. It shouldn't hurt in the slightest. She did not have the muscularity to even attempt to yoink out one of these.

=================================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

After the two of them, were done at the baker, she'd lead them back, bu then, as they entered, just put down the baked goods they had gotten for the others, and said that they'd be back later, as they were going to speak with Scarcity about her research directly. Stare figured it would give them some breathing room, and they could try this again later, when the chaos around Kaltrops weren't making things as peculiar as they were.

"That should be better, I think. A little too much at once there. Not enough focus... Anyway, we should go see Scarcity."

===================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-12-18 at 12:16 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Those who shout the loudest are often the ones with most to prove, the tiniest of dogs bark the most." Ruby stated as conclusion, it was surprisingly profound for her, surprising enough that she herself wasn't sure where it came from, but it was how she saw things, though of course she failed to look at herself with the same lens, but in her defense, at least she actually followed her own principles.

"That why you gotta throw the little ones further. Gods, they're so annoying to listen to. I don't much mind big dogs, as those barks are at least somewhat nice. But when I hear those little yapping things, and their high pitched, annoying sounds... By the ancestors, I am so close to just picking them up, and throwing them as far away as I can.

Did that once, but that lady were also just not getting the hint, that she should bugger off. Her yapping pest weren't welcome in that store, and when she didn't get a nice request, then yeah, just had to go and grab it out of her grip, and yeet that little pretend dog over a few bushes. I aimed for a bush y'know. Weren't like it got hurt. But she sure were. Had to make a run for it after that, but it were sooo satisfying, to make both her, and that yipping little thing just shut up for a bit."

She might be civilized, but some things just got to her. And that grindy, little sound, on top of a bad day, and an annoying owner... It had just gotten too much. She still didn't regret it though. Only thing she did regret a bit, were to not throw the owner the same way. She were run out of town anyway, y'know? What were there left to lose?

Anyway, she'd keep up her studies, try and learn things, according to how she were told it, and after a long, long session - it felt long to her anyway, as she had never been a classroom lover - she'd put down the paperwork, and clear her throat.

"Alright. Either I got the hang of this sentence, or you're both gonna have something to laugh at."

So she'd clear her throat, and say something in their language. It's probably be a little rusty sounding... Okay, a lot of rusty sounding, but she figured there were a good 30% chance that she were saying something to the effect of *This is my domain*. Or she were calling herself a weak potato maybe... Or said she should leave? Look, she were trying here, alright? Wasn't exactly easy, when she had so little practice time here.

Either way, she'd turn around, and with a big, goofy grin on her face, then look over the two of them. Though Ruby primarily.

"So, how was that? Are you impressed? Lemme hear it teach. How awesome was that?"

She were totally assuming she had failed this. Might as well have some fun with it in that case, yeah? Long as she didn't accidentally scare Charir. That were gonna make the smile wither on her face.

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Kujamih

"Sounds like a plan. You try and stay safe here, and we'll be back, soon as we can."

Harpoon would lead them on, towards the castle. She'd gaze around her, tense up, and clearly still a bit shook about what had just happened. Around them, they'd see plenty of ponies seemingly in a hurry to pack up, and get home. The poison had caused a stir, and it were slowly going to affect the town as a whole, the more the word spread.

That said, this town still had plenty of oddities to work with, as they could see in the distance, that seemed to not be affected. In this case, it appeared to be a pony, beyond carried by a mare with an odd tail, and two kitsune running around them, up in the free air? It made Harpoon pause slightly, yet she would move on, determined, as she approached the castle, along with Sheska.

There were a guard at the castle, but as they approached, he had wandered to the back of the castle, running a search of the area, rather than being in front. So they'd be there in private, as Harpoon went and knocked on the heavy door, then stepped back, trident in hoof, next to Sheska.

The door would open, and the small form of Spike would look up at them, surprised by the appearance of Sheska, and confused about the guard already being back.

"Oh hey, did you catch the bad guy?"

"Not yet."

Before she even answered, a quick motion would come from her side. The two daggers from Harpoon's bag, would rush out, free from their evidence bag, and stab instantly down into two weak, fleshy points on her back and side. Spots that one had to have been looking at closely for a time, to have bitten notice in.

What more, were that Harpoon's trident, would suddenly be swung towards Sheska by the mare. The attempt seemed clear: Make her parry the trident, and get hit by the daggers, or focus the daggers, and get speared. And all the while, Harpoon had an uncharacteristic, cruel smile on her face.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Catpone Cerberus

" hallucinations?... Hmm anyway to counter it?" He asked the kitsune.

" We cant go there and risk ourselves to be influenced by hallucinations."

" I dont want to accidentally stab someone..."

And it seems that something bad is about to happen as well.

" Kits we gotta hurry! Shark whatever you do DO NOT inhale the lazura poison."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The sire of the family didn't need much in way of being released from the circle of guards when the moment presented itself.  In the blink of an eye the charcoal gray unicorn was at his first stall, gazing upon the wares of what equated to an antique store.  His joyous ho ho hos booming in among the mix of melodies created by the festival.  "And there he goes," Grace commented, although she had good faith the guards weren't in need of her warnings.  By the time she really even got that much out Star was already on his fifth question to the vendor.  Mostly aimed at the origin of their wares and various techniques Harrowmark was still employing.  Then he was off to the next vendor.

"Fascinating fabrics indeed.  We have fine silks as soft as the clouds, of every color in the rainbow, and even more that aren't.  Of course, we have fabrics for the harder working pony in need of much more durable materials.  Fashion is of course a seasoning for flavor.  Raw materials themselves will be of greater value, to start.  In time, I'm sure fashions from Equestria will appeal to some in Harrowmark and visa versa.  Our experience with non-pony fashion has only become new in recent moons, but we are fast learning," Dawn admitted.

"That is but one avenue Equestria has to offer.  Raw materials across a huge spectrum is the true aim.  Spreading them across the whole country could be most ideal, of course.  Gaining early favor in a central position would be most beneficial," the mare smiled.  Although, tell of yet an even high up client wasn't outside her scope either.  Silver Royale, somepony else to file away in her memory, fancy products were also very lovely indeed.  Worrying that a display of weakness from Dawn to these Silver Royales, adorable.  Dawn wouldn't shy away from a challenge.  We'll see who is wrapped around whose hoof in the end.

"Oh, all kinds," she smirked.  "Fabrics, fashion, ore, timber, crops, bakeries, homes, land, books, carts, art, entertainment... information," the broker listed off and she'd barely even scratched the surface.  Dawn really had her hoof in everything.  If not directly, then indirectly though various means and other connections.  It was a large web when one sat back and looked at it from a distance, spun all together from behind the scenes.  Harrowmark was just more threads to be added with all the rest.

"I look forward to meeting all interested in trade with my land.  You, Mr. Agnostica, I greatly look forward to future trade with you and your husband," the mare concluded with a warm smile.  She wouldn't likely be the one dealing directly with Harrowmark.  Well, maybe are first to grease the wheels, as it were, before delegating it to those much more entrenched in such actual trade skills.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-12-21 at 8:23 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Not much to tell really. I had an unfortunate impact with a statue, and Omen  seeing me hurt - took me to a place, where she remembered there being a place of healers. Yet her information were old, and it have long since become a place where the kitsune dwelled. They graciously healed me up, best they could, and we were sent away, unharmed. I owe them, Omen, Sen, and Lin, my life for this. Whereas the latter three are friends, and did so out of kindness, the kitsune will eventually find a way to have me repay them for their help. They're unpredictable, but they enjoy having some opportunities for things. My guess is that I will be a subject of one of their lectures, when they're teaching the kits eventually. They enjoy field trips, and playing along with their lessons, often yields better results than trying to resist them. Me owing them a favor, is something they can call upon as a reminder, that I owe them as much."

Once more, he skipped some details, but he honestly believed it better that he were saying something, rather than trying to hide. They'd get more suspicious with no story, rather than one that were a little more ambiguous. At least in his experience.

“That is a rather unexpected turn of events, and while I am glad you were able to find the medical help you need, I am rather concerned about the events leading up to the incident involving the statue you just mentioned. If my niece and nephew were helping you with something dangerous, then for their sakes, as well as yours, you leave them out of it.”

“Uncle, please. It’s nothing like that, more like something we didn’t anticipate. We’re being careful to avoid anything like that from happening again.”

*sigh* “However it happened or whatever it was you were doing, I’m asking you all to be careful. I won’t deny that I got caught imagining things that may be different from how they happened, but my request remains the same. Don’t go off to some dangerous place or getting involved with the wrong folks, got it?”

The siblings nodded silently, understanding that were some things they wanted to keep hushed from their uncle. The thing that got them rather surprised and concerned about was the slight threat in Uddo’s voice. Even if he meant well, something about his response had a hint of a threat directed at Rosa. It didn’t help that he raised his voice, seemingly attempting to downplay his anger, though it was clear that was anger born of worry rather than directed fury. As for Uddo, he gave himself a moment to calm down and gather his thoughts. If this group went through that ordeal, then what else could they have gotten into before they met?

Kiba paused his work when he caught on to his father’s shift in tone. It wasn’t something he saw or expected before, but he’d rather not provoke that kind of ire now. He’d continue putting in another coating of oil on the tools to keep himself busy, and he was almost done with the tools anyway. He’ll get on with Sen’s telescoping rod after, which shouldn’t take too long before all of the work needed for their guests will be completed.

On 2022-12-21 at 8:23 AM, Blitz Boom said:

As for the performance, I would be intrigued to watch it. Might be some up and coming talents one would run into, before they get famous. So it certainly have my interest."

"I can go. Maybe Shrimp will like it."

So that were two votes for. That were a good start on things.

"As for the painting, are we talking decorative patterns, paintings on canvas, or potentially wall or statue painting? There's a fair few things one can paint upon, and varied ways at going at it. I'm curious what your approach might be. It sounds as if it is primarily painting that can be done to your work?"

He could think of a few ways to make a gift out of this, as well as the music. The latter depending on is Uddo had a music player of some sort, and the latter on what his canvas would be. He knew some fairly good wood painting one could use, and work towards acquiring. It would eb hard to beat Omen's gift though, but such a rarity were not easy to come by. Made him wonder what other things she had stashed here and there. Perhaps something to go through with her at some point. What shew considered mundane, might well be actual treasure.

"And if I may, might I ask if we will meet the lovely lady of the house at some point? You have said much off her, and I admit that it makes me curious as to how she might be in person. She sounds like a very encouraging, goal-focused individual."

“So, back to more pleasant topics. Are you interested in seeing a musical performance, Sen and Lin?”

“Yes. We’ve never heard of that kind of music before, so we’ll take you up on that.”

“All right. I’ve still got some work, so I’ll ask Kiba to show you where to find the music club when he’s done. As for your questions, Rosa, I’m starting with small canvas paintings and seeing where that’ll go. Decorative patterns sounds good, so I might try going that route when I get the hang of painting, and it may become a part of the things you’ll see on custom furniture. Now regarding my partner, I’m afraid you missed her by two days. She’s out of town attending a convention and won’t be back for another week. I do appreciate your impression of her, and if time permits, I could introduce you when she gets back.”

Uddo’s partner wasn’t always savvy with the business, but just like him, she had to learn quickly if they were going to survive. Back then, his brusque tone and personality of his younger days had a tendency to crop up, making negotiations rather unsavory. A lot of opportunities were wasted when deals fell apart, but he had his partner around to help talk things through. Eventually, Uddo’s more mellow approach stuck and became what everyone sees today, a great deal more personable. He had a good feeling everyone would like her when they’d meet some time. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa & @Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"To be honest, Miss Alluria, if you and Magnolia are truly family and, well, dead, then the post would have most likely marked those letters as a cruel trick to play on somepony who's living," Twilight said, choosing to sit down on her haunches with her tail curled around her forelegs. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about things just yet. Meeting with ancestors and dead sisters is a strange concept to her so her mind defaulted to trying to go about speaking analytically in an effort to cope. "I'm choosing to go with you two being dead, because it seems like everyone around here that is of this place is a spirit of some kind. Having said that, I'm not used to speaking with spirits on a general basis. I've only just started doing so with Cherish's help. I didn't even know they were around before I encountered her. But ... I'm here with my guards, Last Stand and Drone, to help separate me from Cherish so we can both be our own selves. Lady Macabre is meant to help with that but I get the feeling you and Magnolia might be of more help?"

@Blitz Boom

DAZZLE GLEAM & DAWN STREAK

"Who's Scarcity?" Dawn asked Long Stare in confusion, deciding to follow along now that she's had a chance to cool down.

"I hope Scarcity has good news about my parents," Dazzle sighed with a nod and followed Long Stare away from the shop.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora nodded along with each word Onache spoke, taking it all in. "Find a hive somewhere ... probably base it near a griffin settlement ... griffins are more readily accepted so I at least have that form down pat," she mumbled, trying to keep note of it all in her mind before taking a couple of steps back at the rumbling. She could only stare at the gemling, all thoughts flying out of her head. "Um ... hi," Aurora replied in a stunned and nervous tone and only managed to bow back before the gemling could focus on Onache. "Queen Dia'Thiz? Wh-Who is she?"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Carmen's cute," Atzy commented, watching the little spider robot tap at her gems. She sat down and lifted a leg up for the robot to have a better inspection. "These are stuck inside me so there's no way you can take them out. As for Felicia, I kinda understand what it's like to be different from everyone else and be chased off ... I ended up as artificial changeling slud-" Atzy continued to prattle on until Karmic suddenly shot over and clamped her hoof over Atzy's mouth but the damage might have already been done.

"Heh, my sister has no idea when to keep her mouth shut around ... robots, apparently," Karmic chuckled nervously.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Ruby didn't actually relate as much as one would have thought to Leviathan's little story, sure she found barking dogs annoying, not many things she didn't find annoying, but she was used to it due to every dog barking at her before getting the zebra amulet, she had to get used to it because taking down dogs that barked at her would have broken her cover very quick. Though she couldn't claim that the idea of throwing the dog, and the owner, far away, didn't sound tempting. 

"I mean, it was in right language, but I wouldn't go visit one of our kind with that yet, the message came through, but you somehow managed to sound less threatening than usual." she rubbed her chin thoughtfully "I never realized how much the pronunciation mattered until now." "In conclusion, you are in the right path, just in the very start, and walking on the grass." she wasn't a teacher, so she wasn't really good at judging things like a teacher, she tented to think in extremes, so she actually struggled a bit to find the right words for what she meant, thus the words she ultimately chose. "If nothing else, it is close enough that we now have a way to check, in case I suspect you have been replaced by a mouse again." she said it jokingly, but it was also true, one reason she thought it was good for Leviathan to learn something, was to make sure she wasn't as easy to replace with an illusion again. "I'm sure you'll catch something more when we translate the page I gave you, though that is for the next time we have down time, we should now probably start readying our travel to Canterlot." 

Charir didn't really even realize what was going on so there was no worry about scaring him, he had learned to ignore the two dragonesses when they weren't talking to him, and he was focused on his own thing, so besides something sounding bit odd to his ear, he didn't actually register that Leviathan was trying to speak their language. 

-----------------------------------------------
 @Kujamih

Sheska also looked twice when she noticed the oddity in the air, but that was as far as her reaction went, as it wasn't the oddest thing she had seen, even if it was certainly something she hadn't seen before specifically, she knew what Kitsune were, she just never had seen one before, they were in the same boat as Discord and other such magical beings in their world, where nobody really knew what really happened to them, so she assumed they were the ones causing the flying, and for the mare with a weird tail? in the world of cybernetics, that was actually not that weird, and her brain kinda just filtered it as normal, even though this world had no such technology. 

The attempted murderer clearly made assumptions, and those all were wrong, first mistake, assuming that a kobold like Sheska would even try to parry an attack from a weapon of her size being used by someone twice her size, kobolds weren't exactly known for physical strength, and even if she would have been the strongest kobold in existence, she would still lose in body weight. Second mistake, assuming she could only focus on one thing, third mistake, assuming she had no protection against basic, in her case, ancient weaponry.

Without a flinch, she dodged the trident, either bouncing or rolling right after depending on what the knifes did, and as she did, magic started to flow around her, as she created the same magical barrier/armor she had used to 'defend' from Pinkie's 'attack' earlier, if the knifes seemed to keep moving towards her, she'd block them by hitting them with the body of the crossbow hard enough to get them stuck into the wood, she also loaded the crossbow during all this. 

For Harpoon, while she didn't like guards, she also wasn't stupid enough to think harpoon had just snapped suddenly, and could guess it was some kind of mind control, she didn't necessarily connect it to the daggers, but the reason didn't really matter. But as said, she didn't like guards, so she had no problem blasting Harpoon with magic in attempt to either knock her out or at least disorient her enough so that she'd be out of the fight.

If this failed however, she'd dance around the pony using her as a sort of a living shield, and no, she had no problem using a guard, how ever nice she tried to be, as a shield, she never claimed to be a saint. 

She also kept her eyes open and scanned the area around her constantly, and if she spotted anyone who was potentially behind this, she'd shoot the crossbow towards them, not to hit them yet, but close enough to cause a reaction, then she'd judge the reaction to try to figure out who's the target and who's just a random observer.

This whole time her expression stayed focused but calm, after all, this really was not a big deal for her, she had been avoiding attacks from individuals with more advanced...well everything, than this killer, some of them trained to specifically hunt kobolds, so in the worst case scenario here she'd just end up dancing for a while until the attempting killer got tired of trying, because what kobolds lacked in physicality, they gained in being very, very annoying to try to hit.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Sekel

Magnolia would watch as Cherish came into view there, she'd look to Cherish curiously and quirk an eyebrow at this conversation here. Was Cherish somehow bound to Twilight? That was interesting. Her time here got more and more interesting as time goes on. However there was something that Twilight said that struck her as off. "I'm not...dead? I don't know what would give you the impression of me being dead. But yes, you will find the help that you need here." Magnolia said somewhat awkwardly as she looked back to Alluria.

"Ah, I understand now." Magnolia would say to Alluria's correction on what she said previously and then noticed the little scarecrow pulling on her leg. Looking at the message the it had, she would realize that she had been wondering what Zeehva was up to. Now she knew, and would have no issue with letting her do what she wanted. Magnolia was busy after all. Magnolia would write down that she was meeting with her sister, Twilight Sparkle, so everything was working out - and not to worry. Then with a small smile, she'd send the little scarecrow on it's way. It was cute, to be honest. It made her blush slightly.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom 

On 2022-08-25 at 5:00 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Plum was being nice, and showing me around. There's still lots of Ponyville I haven't seen yet, so it's been very nice. Maybe there's someplace in Ponyville you could show us next then? I only know home, here, and the school well. Most other places, I've only looked a bit at when I flew by them. And some of the market. It's funny seeing a market with only ponies, and no meat. In Canterlot, the griffons have a meat market, away from regular things. Mostly fish. Lots and lots of fish.

"Oh, yeah, right this way," Plum Blossom said, leading the group towards Ponyville. "Feel free to interrupt me at any time."

"Anyways, this is the castle of friendship, where Twilight Sparkle lives. You should be able to see either the town hall or the castle of friendship wherever your are in Ponyville, so it's quite hard to get lost knowing those two landmarks. Right now, we are in the uptown, or northside of Ponyville. This is the town's entertainment district. There it the ritz, the billiards bar, the theater, the bowling alley, And the town's hayburger. Over slightly closer to downtown is the bookstore. Now the interesting thing about Ponyville's hayburger is that on weekends, the restaurant hosts the comedy club. Whenever Pinkie Pie participates, everypony knows it's going to be a fun time. I'm pretty sure one of these buildings is the one for trivia trot too, which Twilight is very good at. Any questions before we head downtown?" Skylight asked.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Sekel @Props ValRoa

"Kkrtrxxr. Peculiar messengers you have."

"One of Strix Strider's pets. Though yes, small creations are not that unusual, here in Sanctuary. Not as unusual as you are, that is for certain."

"Ktrkkthxk. Us Manetid have been in the same area, for untold generations. The eternal queen, wanted something, then for us to swarm elsewhere. The old pony took her breath away for good, and the princess holds not her fire. She might not want to cover Equestria."

"Might not? How... Comforting."

"She's just a drone. She doesn't know what her new queen thinks, so we'll just wait and see, if she's better than their old one. Outta be smaller at least."

Drone nodded. That she were, though that wouldn't last forever. Give her enough time, and the nectar of the chosen, and she would tower above all too.

"Very well. Be that as it may however, I have words for you, youngest of my line.

You think us all dead? As your sister says, she is not. Nor is most that you are able to see here. Those you can see, of the departed, are those who have become strong and stable enough, to be visible, and chose to be so. There are many you can't see, who roams this town, who chose to remain unseen, or simply cannot interact properly yet.

I would truly worry, were you able to see all. That is mostly for those of this clan, rare individuals, or those who have lingered on the brink of death themselves.

And speaking of death, your postal service shouldn't judge so crudely. Though I suppose, at least it means my name are recorded somewhere, in relation to you. Why else would they question it? I chose to focus on this, as it at least seems a more positive angle on things.

Also, you are not correct. We cannot separate you. Magnolia lacks the knowledge, and I the ability. You need somepony higher up."

"That would be me."

Madamme Macabre's voice would come from above them, and if they looked up, they'd find that she were standing on a balcony further up. Her steely gaze, were locked upon them, and Cherish in particular. It honestly made the ghost shiver in her ectoplasma. The matriarch of this family, were rather intimidating to her.

"I can cut your ties, if you so want. We need another room though, and you need to prepare yourself for it. I assure you that - though brief - it will be unpleasant for you both."

==================================================================

@Sekel

"Scarcity is my older sister. She's helping to find out where Dazzle's parents are."

It were still weird for Stare, to say out loud, who Scarcity were to her. There had been so long, where her sister had told her explicitly, that she had to keep that to herself. That she might get in trouble from others, who'd try and go after her, just because they were related.

Scarcity kept saying it were nothing serious, like police, or something. Just business related beings, that sought some advantage over Scarcity herself, some business deal she were making, or just disgrunted customers, miffed she would not lower her prices for them.

Stare were not sure how much she believed this, but considering what she knew of her sister, and a few things that had popped up, in recent times... Well, she meant it best not to ask questions, and just let her steer the ship, so to speak.

Now times had changed though, and she needed to address some things with her, now that they didn't have to hide things anymore. But first, Dazzle's request. It would do well to focus on this, and try to explain things to Dawn as they went along too, so she wasn't too surprised.

As they got to the inn, Stare would halt, and take a deep breath.

"Are uhm, you both ready? I tbink I am. Hopefully there's more news..."

===============================================================

@Sekel

"Our majesties, Queen Dia'Thiz, is the unified rulers of the gemlings. Through their pact, we were reborn, and now is our time to rise.

Our majesties wants to meet those, of this age, we have come into now. You changelings are as we once were, but you have been out here. You know the world, and those in it, so they want to meet whom they can."

"A novel idea, though I would stay clear of some, if I were you. Hive Euphoria, and Hive Ghaster, are not to be triffled with, without preparation. And stay far away, from Hive Hellhound, at all costs."

the drone looked down and to the side, as the last one were mentioned.

"Our sister went there. She did not return..."

"If it is any consolation, it were likely quick."

"Urgh, I remember you talking about those. The hive of bloodlust... Nasty types.

Don't you worry 'bout ending like that, ya hear? Hives tend to build around their preferred emotion, and some... Well, some starts to embrace it too much. Dunno what your flavor's gonna be, Aurora, but it ain't that sort. You'd have stomped on my noggin earlier, if that was it.

Actually, you know what your taste are yet? Changelings can chomp all emotions, but each hive, have one that's their specialty in harvesting, encouraging, that sorta thing. You noticed something yet? Might be it'll just take some time before you notice, but ain't no shame in asking, eh?"

While Happy would speak to her, Onache would keep her gaze on the drone, and communicate with him telepathically. A few details she wanted to iron out with his queen, and this were simpler than using talk, and watching her words.

=====================================================================

@Sekel

"Were you gonna say changeling sludge? Hah! And here I thought Professor Gravelton had gone a bit senile, when he started talking about how changelings could be stored in bottles. But he never got anywhere with that, beyond some ramblings, and weird graphs, so that outta come from somewhere else, yeah? Does it have something to do with...

What? What's with the stink eye, big guy?"

He'd look at Enzo, who were giving him a narrowed glare, after the things said by his small, female companions. As if he were trying to warn the inventor with his eyes.

Ooooh, you're thinking I'm gonna be a rotten flank about this? Nah. I've known several changelings in my time. Few of 'em were in Center Zero too, and they were lovely sorts. Mostly. Okay, Spindler did stuff my cousin into a barrel, and rolled it down main street, but that's what you get for covering his lab coat in itching powder and adhesive.

The whole goo thing? Dunno anything 'bout that, but y'know, I've seen and heard a lot of crazy stuff. A changeling being a sort of goo at some point? Ain't the weirdest. Doesn't get close to one of my ol' lab pals, Magma Del Ray. She got caught in an experiment with some elemental essence, and ended up fused with it. We're talking hot magma, covered by a thin layer of pony, more or less. She melted through the containment chamber a few months after, and we haven't seen her since. Now That's proper weird.

Sides, I make robots with free will. Who am I to judge?"

While he were talking, Carmen would wander more around Atzy, getting a good look. She were very curious by nature, and generally rather nice about encountering others. Long as it wasn't a clown. Which were gonna be a trauma they'd have to address, before he could get her a larger, potentially equine body. Her jumping them now were a little weird for them. Her doing so at their size... Bad mojo.

"What it's like being goo? And why aren't you goo anymore? Did someone help you? Is all changelings born as goo?"

"While it is good they seem accepting, others might not. I wouldn't talk about that out here, if I were you."

"That's easy sorting. I'll just invite your friends here of a tour of the workshop.

Waddaya say girls? Wanna see where the magic happens? Well, science, but you get it."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Rising Dusk

On 2022-12-21 at 6:44 AM, Rising Dusk said:

The sire of the family didn't need much in way of being released from the circle of guards when the moment presented itself.  In the blink of an eye the charcoal gray unicorn was at his first stall, gazing upon the wares of what equated to an antique store.  His joyous ho ho hos booming in among the mix of melodies created by the festival.  "And there he goes," Grace commented, although she had good faith the guards weren't in need of her warnings.  By the time she really even got that much out Star was already on his fifth question to the vendor.  Mostly aimed at the origin of their wares and various techniques Harrowmark was still employing.  Then he was off to the next vendor.

Rhodan were not leaving his side as he wandered over, and around the various stalls. And the elderly stallion would find that he wasn't the only one who had questions, as the vendors did too, when they saw him. The cloth workers were the most interested in asking in about his clothes, and where he had gotten such good looking materials, with the metal workers mostly just keeping their curiosity to themselves, and instead answering the questions given, about their techniques and such. Except for one who'd be working with pots and pans, who'd face him. A younger pony, with a wilder looking, yet still bushy mustache, grinning to him, and laughing heartedly, that the stallion had a notable set of hair on his face, somewhat akin to his own. He'd ask what sorta thing he used to keep his mustache so much more orderly looking.

As for the techniques, Star would come to discover that whilst the wares looked old fashioned, they were at times, manufactured with some additional benefits, over the olden stuff they might see in Equestria's museums. For instance, the higher end pots and pans, did not require as much in the way of heat, as magic were weaved in during the forging, that kept some of the heat, and warmth. It would make them warmer to the touch at all times, and when cooked with, they'd keep the food warmer for days. Not something all would want, but for those who did for instance large meals, for larger gatherings, these sorts of thing were invaluable. That were also why it were often the biggest ones that were like this.

Some tools also had self cleaning properties, whisks that vibrated extra strongly, for tougher meals, etc. It were nothing major, like how fire opals found in Equestria and Troy, could be used to boil water by themselves, if put in a pot, yet it all helped. And the things with these enhancements, were not that much more expensive. A testament to how aware the Harrowish were, that resources were a limited thing, and that they had to accommodate that, to be able to sell things. Might change over time, but not for a while more than likely. Depended on Equestria in a sense, and if they had a wish for some of the things they could make like this, which would be a thing they could make use of, from their end of the bargaining table.

One that might stand out, could well be the bands or rings, that were guaranteed to fit anyone. It made use of regular magic, but with the right tool, it would cause the metal to become elastic, and moldable, until it were made to a shape more to the liking of the user. This were often used for jewelry like engagement rings, passed on from generation to generation, but had other usages too. Just not armor. The metal were not weaker by it, but it opened up the possibility for tampering, and thus, it were typically not risked.

On 2022-12-21 at 6:44 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"I look forward to meeting all interested in trade with my land.  You, Mr. Agnostica, I greatly look forward to future trade with you and your husband," the mare concluded with a warm smile.  She wouldn't likely be the one dealing directly with Harrowmark.  Well, maybe are first to grease the wheels, as it were, before delegating it to those much more entrenched in such actual trade skills.

"I am certain that in some fashion, we will meet again Miss Dawn. It sounds as if you are able to offer much, and we will ensure that when time comes, we will be ready to do the same, the other way around."

He'd give her a bow. She had said much interesting, and frankly, he were far more excited than he let on. Yet he were not going to let that on right now, or he'd seem desperate, and desperate buyers, were easier to take advantage of. He did not want that, as whilst he were aware they might not sit that well in things, compared to Equestria, he would not be at the mercy of what outsiders wanted to offer. Things should be at least somewhat fair, and he would make sure they showed up with raw materials of value, to trade with. They would not be the one making the most profit perhaps, but they would not be shafted either, and that would be the important part.

"Might I ask though, the materials there might be interest in. Are there an interest in things that are crafted and weaved with magic? There are various schools of magic and uses, we can weave into things in Harrowmark.

And on a personal note, what are Equestria's relations with undeath? I have always assumed our acceptance and usage of it, have to do with it being a faith based, Harrowish thing, but olden tomes about the outside are hard to come by. I'm mighty curious what it is like, when it comes to a society like yours."

He might not like the answer. Equestria did have their death practitioners, but the only one that were generally tolerated, were the Macabre Clan, and they were regulated to some extend, and scrutinized heavily at times, as well as keeping a fair bit to their own area, when it came to open practitioners of anything necromantic. Outside of their home, it were mostly minor things, like crafting small dolls and scarecrows, clearing out poltergeists, and such. An odd bunch, that not everyone even knew about, and beyond them, death magic were mostly taboo, as it tended to be only evil doers using that. Gave a rather harsh stigma to fight for the Macabre clan, but Equestrians liked their overall sunny, safe lives, it seemed. Risks to that, were frowned upon a fair bit.

=======================================================================

On 2022-12-21 at 1:49 AM, Kujamih said:

" Kits we gotta hurry! Shark whatever you do DO NOT inhale the lazura poison."

"You don't need to worry. The poison only works when it first gets into the air. We're only smelling the residue. It shouldn't affect us. It's kinda nothing normally. Kits use it to have fun with outsiders. Or grown ups, teaching a school group. It's just weird smelling it here. Might be a bad sign..."

They didn't think it were something that bad, as they rushed through the air, jumping agile on thin air, closer and closer to the target. But even if it were what they were thinking, that could still technically be bad, as that'd mean this town would end up being in the middle of one of those situations, and the way that could end were... Troubling. They'd need to intervene.

Shark thought so too, though her mind were more on how she wanted to go to where the kits said were trouble, to help the ponies. Friends needed help? Then she would help. Especially against nasty things. She had done so before, and could do so again. By gnashing them with her teeth! Or growl at them real loud. That scared lots too.

On 2022-12-25 at 10:42 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

If this failed however, she'd dance around the pony using her as a sort of a living shield, and no, she had no problem using a guard, how ever nice she tried to be, as a shield, she never claimed to be a saint. 

She also kept her eyes open and scanned the area around her constantly, and if she spotted anyone who was potentially behind this, she'd shoot the crossbow towards them, not to hit them yet, but close enough to cause a reaction, then she'd judge the reaction to try to figure out who's the target and who's just a random observer.

This whole time her expression stayed focused but calm, after all, this really was not a big deal for her, she had been avoiding attacks from individuals with more advanced...well everything, than this killer, some of them trained to specifically hunt kobolds, so in the worst case scenario here she'd just end up dancing for a while until the attempting killer got tired of trying, because what kobolds lacked in physicality, they gained in being very, very annoying to try to hit.

Harpoon jumped back after her attack were deflected, though the smile on her face only widened, as she saw her daggers had still hit. Maybe not killing blows, but the poison should end up affecting the kobold all the same.

"Let's see if you can get through this, other-worlder."

The poison were a paralytic. Not the biggest issue you might think, but the issue were that it would work on a full body paralysis, bit by bit. Starting with extremities, then working inwards until it would affect the organs. Especially the heart and lungs. A nasty little concoction, which did have antidotes, but were she able to get somewhere and get help fast enough?

Yet still, this were the effect on regular beings from this world. It were questionable how well it worked on kobolds, and specifically, the sort of augmented ones, such as Throx and Sheshka. Might be it worked the same. Could be it were significantly weaker.

Spike let out a scream as he saw this, and seemed like he were going to breathe fire towards Harpoon, but a suddenly, faintly red aura would engulf him, and toss him far back into the castle.

"Annoying rodent."

Sheshka would find that Harpoon wouldn't try and stab or slice her that much, and would mostly parry, moving about rather agile and seeming to wait for an opening to present itself. Though she were about ready to try something, evident by how the trident seemed to get the same red hue, and had strange, blood-red runes beginning to etch over the metal. The kits however, would be starting to get into range then, and Harpoon would look up - might get her hit doing so - and grind her teeth at the sight.

"Kitsune."

Her voice were annoyed at the sight, and she'd jump back far, as the aura lost some force.

"Get away from her, you li-"

They both gasped as they got close enough, and would jump to the sides instead, hairs on their tails standing tall, and eyes growing larger.

"Off all the things that could wash up around here, it just had to be a couple of meddlesome kits. Go figure.

So what's it gonna be? You wanna try something? Or do you, girlie? If you can't still speak, just choke once for yes, and twice for no."

There were something very wrong here with Harpoon for sure, though what, were hard to say. It seemed though, that she did not care much about getting a few minor injuries. And that she would not get hit or held down, as easily as some might want to. There also did not seem to be one controlling her standing around, that could be hit with a crossbow bolt, and if Sheshka tried shooting it at Harpoon, the pony would move to the side, only getting grazed by it, and not seem overly concerned, about the trickling of blood.

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I mean, it was in right language, but I wouldn't go visit one of our kind with that yet, the message came through, but you somehow managed to sound less threatening than usual." she rubbed her chin thoughtfully "I never realized how much the pronunciation mattered until now." "In conclusion, you are in the right path, just in the very start, and walking on the grass." she wasn't a teacher, so she wasn't really good at judging things like a teacher, she tented to think in extremes, so she actually struggled a bit to find the right words for what she meant, thus the words she ultimately chose. "If nothing else, it is close enough that we now have a way to check, in case I suspect you have been replaced by a mouse again."

Leviathan put a small pair of clouds on top of her head, roughly in the shape of a pair of mouse ears.

"A non-threatening little mouse, huh? Well squeak squeak, I suppose, heh. Though that's hardly fair. I were tricked by a kitsune. How was I to know I had been replaced?"

The clouds would dissipate, though the grin stayed on Leviathan's face.

"Fun to see you learning something too here, and it just not being the two of us. I mean, I didn't intend for me to seem threatening at all, but I didn't knew the tone meant so much to things, in your language. Gi figure that I could've toned down, and still seemed like I were a bad joke, instead of a real threat. Least I know it now though, so if I hear words like this coming at me, I outta listen for the tone too, and the way the other dragon's standing. Assuming posture's a thing to look out for too at least."

This were all good news. She had not seemed threatening at all - minus threatening even! - so she should not have scared Charir in any way, and she had learned something about the language. So she were grasping the base idea of it, just not how it were meant to be said. Or well, she got the idea, she just didn't do it, and frankly properly never would get the correct pronunciation tone done right. She'd have to get proper angry, and while she could imagine that happening, she also could imagining not really thinking about these sorta lessons when that time happened, as much as tossing a ball lightning through the face, of whoever had made her angry. That seemed a more likely outcome of things, if she had to be honest.

"I'm sure you'll catch something more when we translate the page I gave you, though that is for the next time we have down time, we should now probably start readying our travel to Canterlot." 

Charir didn't really even realize what was going on so there was no worry about scaring him, he had learned to ignore the two dragonesses when they weren't talking to him, and he was focused on his own thing, so besides something sounding bit odd to his ear, he didn't actually register that Leviathan was trying to speak their language. 

"Sounds like an idea. What sorta things should we prep? And do you have to go for a hunt, before we go off fully? We can roam into the forest, and get you a bear or something, before we go off fully. Charir would probably like getting his hunt on too, after sitting with the studies for a while now. Heh, though he is mighty precious. Just look at him, studying away so intensely, he might just stare a hole in the paper.

If he puts in the same kinda focus to his magic studies, he's gonna be tossing out thunder punches before you know it. I really think he'd like doing that. Punching and tearing someone, gets that little bit better, when you also leave them roasted. It also saves time if you like your food fried."

She'd rise up proper, and stretch her back as best she could, from snout to tail-tip. Not wings though, as that might push something down, or slap one of the other. She'd get to that when they inevitably got outside.

==========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-12-22 at 5:00 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“That is a rather unexpected turn of events, and while I am glad you were able to find the medical help you need, I am rather concerned about the events leading up to the incident involving the statue you just mentioned. If my niece and nephew were helping you with something dangerous, then for their sakes, as well as yours, you leave them out of it.”

“Uncle, please. It’s nothing like that, more like something we didn’t anticipate. We’re being careful to avoid anything like that from happening again.”

*sigh* “However it happened or whatever it was you were doing, I’m asking you all to be careful. I won’t deny that I got caught imagining things that may be different from how they happened, but my request remains the same. Don’t go off to some dangerous place or getting involved with the wrong folks, got it?”

"As said, I had an unfortunate impact with a statue, not them. I wouldn't bring them into harms way willingly. That would be unfitting behavior for a friend.

I can assure you, that if for whatever reason, I had to go on a dangerous trip, the only one I might bring with me, would be Omen. And before you say something, from what I have seen thus far, she is either invulnerable, or quick to regenerate. If she is even hit in the first place. Her reaction time is surprisingly high."

"Mother says we should trust our instincts. Master agreed with her on that."

"It's good to hear that they have some common ground then. And I do agree to some extend. One should think and analyze too, but in a stressed situation, there is often little more to rely upon, than instinct. Provided it is good, or have been honed well. But I digress. The main point is that I am not intending for my friends to be hurt, and quite frankly, painful as it were, I consider it fortunate that it were me alone who were unlucky. At the time, I had not reached out to my half brother, so I would not have left family behind. Only my father, but he's... Lost.

Yet things worked out fine in the end, and we got a fascinating look into a kitsune town. A small part perhaps, yet still, a fairly interesting sight. Rare too, seeing how they traditionally are about outsiders."

Perhaps someday, they could return, and have a proper look. Yet he'd have to provide some sort of gift then, that would perhaps get him in better favor with them... Perhaps something from Discord? As a fellow trickster, he might be able to conjure something they'd find hilarious. Or destructive... Actually, maybe he should just think of something else. Play it safe, as it were.

His mind were wandering, and barring some... Darker tones going over things, and a somber moment passing through, they overall went through this somewhat well. It were likely best however, to tell Sen and Lin later, to not mention the sort of thing they had done, and might be doing later, for Scarcity. It would worry their uncle, and he might go and make a fool of himself, to the mare. Which if the stories he heard were true, would not end well for the longma, provided that she were in a bad mood, or he got troublesome. Best to avoid such things, he would say.

While his mind ran around various topics, Omen would just go over, and watch the tools being cleaned. It looked interesting, and she were so far not being told to leave him alone, or stabbed out after, which sometimes happened with others. Nor did he scream. Allowed her to get up close, to see the work going on. It were much simpler like this.

On 2022-12-22 at 5:00 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“So, back to more pleasant topics. Are you interested in seeing a musical performance, Sen and Lin?”

“Yes. We’ve never heard of that kind of music before, so we’ll take you up on that.”

“All right. I’ve still got some work, so I’ll ask Kiba to show you where to find the music club when he’s done. As for your questions, Rosa, I’m starting with small canvas paintings and seeing where that’ll go. Decorative patterns sounds good, so I might try going that route when I get the hang of painting, and it may become a part of the things you’ll see on custom furniture. Now regarding my partner, I’m afraid you missed her by two days. She’s out of town attending a convention and won’t be back for another week. I do appreciate your impression of her, and if time permits, I could introduce you when she gets back.”

"Your wife seems a hard worker. I am certain that when she does return, and we have a chance to meet her, it will be a delightful meeting. Though please, Sen and Lin should have the first honor, potentially in peace, before Omen and myself join. There are family ties there, that I would hate to distract from. A good talk before us distracting elements enter the equation, might be for the best.

Now regarding the paintings, that is a good way to begin. Refine your skills, before trying on furniture. It would add some charm to it in the long run though, if you do decide to go for it. Your choice of course. I simply have a bad habit of eyeing opportunity, and thinking far ahead, and have gotten quite talkative in recent days. Perhaps it is a bad influence on me, to have others to speak with."

He'd smirk slightly. It weren't a lie really. Usually, he only had himself to speak with. his father were more or less gone, and prior to Sen, Lin, and Omen, he had essentially pushed away all of his previous friends, and those who cared to listen to him. A sad situation, but... These days, they'd only speak with him, to question him anyway. The *upsides* of being a traitor, weren't it? Least he had new, and frankly better friends, than he had before. They were never that grand honestly. Except for Tar, but that were a loss he'd have to live with the regrets of.

"Pray tell actually, Uddo, what are you working on yourself currently? Anything on order, that is keeping you occupied?"

He would question what conference his wife were at, but that were best asked from herself. They needed something to talk about in due time, yes?

===========================================================================

@Reindeer Skylight

Might not sound like a lot to some, but what she heard, made Jelly very giddy, and she'd end up sitting with a big grin on her face, clapping her hooves together when the talk was done on what were on offer in town. At first, she had sat in awe at the castle though, and listened. This were very impressive after all. Sure the castle in Canterlot might be more grandiose to a lot, but this was made of crystals! Plus, she had grown up with the one for Celestia and Luna. It were more common for her. This were new, and shiny. That helped giving it an edge.

"This is awesome! I love bowling, and comedy. And I heard so much about Pinkie Pie! I haven't met her yet, but she sounds like a really fun mare.

How is your bowling hall? Does it have light evenings? I love those. I have to wear my glasses for that sometimes, but daddy, mommy and I still go there. He's not too good, so mommy keeps beating him. I think he could beat her new coltfriend though. He's really bad.

And questions, I have some! Your hayburgers, do they have barbecue sauce here in Ponyville? They started doing that last year in Canterlot, and it's very yummy. Some even started to make bug sauce. But we have a lot more bat ponies in Canterlot during the night, so that's probably not happening here.

Oh! And what's the most fun for the foals here in Ponyville? Is it the bowling?"

She wanted to know where to go and meet others too, so she could figure out how to mingle well. Her time at school so far hadn't gone great in that regard, because she didn't just take bullying sitting down. She'd probably also get a notice about how the fillies she had spooked off's parents, had complained about her. Happened every now and again in her old school.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

@Catpone Cerberus

"Alright Shark, throw me as hard as you can to the enemy. I'll kick him real good."

He proceeds to make himself as light as possible for shark to properly throw him the best she could.

If so, he would be thrown at great strength,and flung quite far towards the target. If the first impact would miss he'd follow it up with a round house kick. Then shift the weight of the kick on impact to maximum weight creating more force and damage on impact. If not he'd end up breaking the ground on impact.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-01-06 at 7:56 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"As said, I had an unfortunate impact with a statue, not them. I wouldn't bring them into harms way willingly. That would be unfitting behavior for a friend.

I can assure you, that if for whatever reason, I had to go on a dangerous trip, the only one I might bring with me, would be Omen. And before you say something, from what I have seen thus far, she is either invulnerable, or quick to regenerate. If she is even hit in the first place. Her reaction time is surprisingly high."

"Mother says we should trust our instincts. Master agreed with her on that."

"It's good to hear that they have some common ground then. And I do agree to some extend. One should think and analyze too, but in a stressed situation, there is often little more to rely upon, than instinct. Provided it is good, or have been honed well. But I digress. The main point is that I am not intending for my friends to be hurt, and quite frankly, painful as it were, I consider it fortunate that it were me alone who were unlucky. At the time, I had not reached out to my half brother, so I would not have left family behind. Only my father, but he's... Lost.

“You and Omen make for some strange friends for Sen and Lin, but you all talk about each other like you’ve been through some tough situations. I won’t ask for specifics, but because you’ve all convinced me that what happened isn’t really what I thought it was, then all I ask is for you to stay safe and look out for each other.”

“We’ll be careful, uncle. Seeing something like what Rosa described was already enough for us to be worried.”

“I hope so because it’s already bad enough that an accident could do so much damage. Oh, and if you all need help, come to me. I may not know exactly what’s going on, but I’ll do what I can to help. Just make sure you aren’t running with the wrong crowd.”

The older longma wasn’t exactly happy with having more on his mind, but between his niece and nephew and their friends, it was apparent that he was beginning to treat this group as an extension of his family. Perhaps he was just getting worked up over hypotheticals, but everyone convincing him about them being careful was enough to put his mind at ease. They’re grown adults, and he wouldn’t belittle them by treating them otherwise. Perhaps one day, when things aren’t quite hectic or busy, they may just sit down and hang out. Uddo was certain that they’d have plenty of interesting stories to swap, maybe together with the rest of his family. Speaking of which…

On 2023-01-06 at 7:56 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Your wife seems a hard worker. I am certain that when she does return, and we have a chance to meet her, it will be a delightful meeting. Though please, Sen and Lin should have the first honor, potentially in peace, before Omen and myself join. There are family ties there, that I would hate to distract from. A good talk before us distracting elements enter the equation, might be for the best.

Now regarding the paintings, that is a good way to begin. Refine your skills, before trying on furniture. It would add some charm to it in the long run though, if you do decide to go for it. Your choice of course. I simply have a bad habit of eyeing opportunity, and thinking far ahead, and have gotten quite talkative in recent days. Perhaps it is a bad influence on me, to have others to speak with."

“Maybe you’re right, but knowing how uncertain the meeting might go or who ends up meeting who first, I figured going with whoever is available. However, it’ll be better if all of you are together when you meet. We’ll see how it goes.”

“You know, Mr. Rosa, some see having an eye for the future to be a good thing. Being certain or prepared for what comes next and planning accordingly is something others envy.”

“He speaks true, though you need not look down on yourself. I wouldn’t know where painting will take me or how it’ll help the business, but I’m certain it’s worth trying. Now for my current task, I have this furniture set for a client in the new town. A pair of nightstands and a living room table, all with floral patterns. It’s not common for clients to order such things, but it happens every now and again. You probably might want some for your home as well, so I've got a catalog over here if you'd like to look.”

Uddo walked over to the shop and came back with a book for Rosa to see. It had the usual pictures of furniture pieces, as expected for homes, but a section further near the end had the sets the older longma mentioned, including the intricate floral patterns for cabinets, nightstands, and coffee tables. Meanwhile, Kiba was steadily going at his pace, already making progress on all of the tools Lin brought, as well as the rod Sen wanted. Something about this caught his attention, as it didn’t look like he was doing something related to home decorating with it. Compared to the tools Lin had, this one seemed to be more personal, but he wouldn’t be one to judge based on looks. However, bringing it up right now after what his father talked about earlier was a recipe that would raise some red flags. 

For the moment, the young longma grabbed some small unused boxes from the back corner of the workshop and packed Lin’s tools into three of them, corresponding to the three sets she had. Not exactly something that would qualify as brand new, but they looked clean and well oiled as if they were newly bought from a store. The siblings were impressed with everything looking shiny, and they gladly accepted the tools, especially for Lin, who figured the folks back home will also like the gifts. 

“Here you go, Sen and Lin, three new sets of tools and your rod all washed and oiled. How about you, Ms. Omen? Need anything checked? Maybe that bell tower your little friend’s playing with could use a look just to make sure it’s safe.”

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih

The daggers may have seemingly hit, but thanks to the magical protection Sheska had given herself, they never broke skin, not that the small amount that a dagger could give would have been that effective anyway, the only reason why Trox had been affected by the gas was because he had gotten a large dose of it, and because it was gas, there was lot more area for the toxin to enter the blood than in a single wound. If she was to get hit badly enough for enough toxin to enter her, she'd probably be out of the game due to the wounds alone. 

"I eat plants toxic enough to kill animals ten times my size, your little toys barely tickle." she remarked as a response to....whoever it truly was comment, she was partly bluffing, as she didn't know what exactly the toxin would have been. One problem with their kind's small size was that when toxin they weren't resistant to got into them, it was over 90% lethal, because it often spread to the whole body faster than even the most skilled healers could figure out what it was, though, on the flip side, the anti-toxin would also be faster affecting for the same reason. So it was basically a coin flip for her, either she was right, or she was dead if they actually hit her.

There was no need for Harpoon to parry or dodge much, as Sheska was entirely on defensive, making sure she herself didn't get hit by any surprises, sure she felt nothing towards the guard who's body was now possessed or something along the lines, but she also wasn't stupid, it was one thing to use force to defend yourself, and totally another to actually kill a guard, be it true in this world or not, she had learned that the guards were always above you in the law, and she had no interest in making herself a wanted criminal here. She did however send out another blast of magic when Harpoon looked up, this time aiming at the trident, her goal being to disarm her. 

"You speak big words for someone who's too scared to use their own body to show up." Sheska half said half muttered regarding 'Harpoon's' remarks to the newcomers "You know, you'd get rid of us if you just left us alone, I'm here only because you got offended by me doing my job, not my fault you were so bad at stabbing." she was as calm as ever, but it wasn't necessarily out of being able to stay calm, rather, it was more that she was just...numb to this stuff, while she was the more emotional one from the two siblings, when she got into her 'combat mode' she was actually colder than her brother.

She wasn't actually trying to convince 'Harpoon' to leave them alone though, while it was true that she and Trox would stop the chase if they knew their group was left alone, she was actually purposely trying to annoy 'her', to pull 'her' attention back to her, better her than group with unknown level of combat experience.

She would also show just how well aware she was of her surroundings, as without as much as glancing in the direction of the group of newcomers, she calmly stepped back in a way that she wouldn't be in the way of the pony flying towards them.

----------------------------------------------------

"You were literally replaced by a mouse, I wasn't critiquing you." Ruby stated in a dry tone "Though you do look almost...what's the word? ...pathetic in a good way...cute? with mouse ears." as usually with her, it wasn't easy to tell how meaningfully Ruby actually meant that. "And yes, physical signals are also a thing to look for, that's partly why I've never realized how important it is how you say something too, usually when someone threatens me, everything about them makes it clear." 

"Food is mainly it, I'll get Charir something to carry stuff with and that's pretty much everything in here." as she spoke, she made her way to the area where they had pulled the wagon in with Marley earlier, and started going through any places that can store things "I also want to stretch my legs a bit before we are stuck hanging around with a pony for who knows how long." she found a harness and a saddlebag that went with said harness, it was made for ponies, but Charir was small enough that it would fit just fine. She then gave said stuff to Charir and explained they'd be leaving, she put the learning material into the bag, minus the one non-learning page she had given to Leviathan, that was her responsibility. "We shall see where his magic goes, depends on how much his beliefs have already been set." she hadn't asked him about his believes on magic,  partly because she believed he would answer what he thought she would want to hear, rather than his honest opinion.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus @Kujamih

The attacks from Harpoon would seem almost.. Restrained, regardless of the toxins not working. Either she were rather bad at what she did, or she were testing Sheshka, considering the poison did not work, and were trying to eye out other potential weaknesses. Which were not easy for her. Despite her face not letting off anything else, than the harsh looking grin on her face, the mare - or whatever she were facing - would likely not have a simple time with this, considering the otherworldly aspects and materials, that made up Sheshka. As well as her training, being unlike anything she had seen. It either made it harder for her to fight this, or she seemingly did not care, and were testing. It were hard to say right now, but the fight were short-lived still, so there were not much time for it, as there would soon come annoyances into the picture, causing it to be ended.

She did have a small situation before that, with a magical blast, hammering the trident out of her grasp. That were annoying, but a crimson pull of magic, and the trident would be pulled back to her, whilst the daggers would move in to try and stab at the longma some more. Nothing yet that seemed too effective, but it were hard to find proper placed to hit or slash as it were, without potentially breaking the blades. So seemingly random slashes and stabs, would be the thing, though they should be easy to parry, or perhaps even ground. She did not try to waste magic on those, if they were taken like that.

As for the incoming annoyances, Shark would have done as asked, and tossed Light as hard as she could, which made him soar past the kitsune. However, it did not mean that he were going to be a heat seeking missile, so Harpoon would just stare directly at him, then as he got somewhat nearer, swing the trident. A push of magic would hammer against him, faintly crimson red, which would smash him backwards like a baseball. Shark would manage to intercept him though.

Even if he focused on making himself heavier as he got near, the smash backwards, would still work. The only difference would be in how far he'd end up flying off after that, with Shark following him as her top speed.

The kits though, avoided getting hit, and would end up on the ground, ears perked up, and shaking ever so slightly.

Harpoon would look from side to side, at her various opponents now.

"Poison immune other-worlders, and annoying kits. This is hardly getting worth the effort."

On 2023-01-08 at 12:20 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You speak big words for someone who's too scared to use their own body to show up." Sheska half said half muttered regarding 'Harpoon's' remarks to the newcomers "You know, you'd get rid of us if you just left us alone, I'm here only because you got offended by me doing my job, not my fault you were so bad at stabbing."

"I were just sending a message, and you had to meddle. So I took away your protective details, one by one, and led you to a little place to have some fun. But of course, you just had to ruin it again now, didn't you?"

"Don't t-threaten her, or we'll-"

"You will do Nothing!"

Harpoon's eyes turned pure red as she glared at the kits, who'd take a step back, but still hold their ground here, and prepare magic of their own. Vines would start to rush from beneath their paws, and head towards the mare. And when they were there, she just tossed the trident aside, and let them grasp her. The kits could not believe this, and neared closer. That were, until the mare started to laugh at them.

"Lath-ika to nikoha, ezhre ni ta goho fheng."

After that string of nonsense, Harpoon's body would start to twitch and spasm, as the white in her eyes started to show, and then out of the blue, a red shape jumped out of her. It turned to look at them, as Harpoon slumped unconscious. The crimson red eyes landing on them each for a brief moment, before the long-tailed, kitsune-like shape would jump into the crystal castle's wall, and then rush away, across the surface. Try as they might, they wouldn't be able to get hold of it, and it would be gone within five seconds tops.

If they kept being annoying, it would have bashed them away, and left earlier, without the bravado. It appeared it thought this to now be a pretty uneven fight, and did not want to continue it further. As for the daggers? No magic more around, meant they'd fall harmless on the ground.

Staying back there now, the kits looked at each other, clearly frightened.

"This is so bad. What are we going to do?"

================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well then maybe I'll have to wear 'em some more times."

Leviathan would pull her tongue playfully at Ruby, though she couldn't play past all of her surprise, at being told a rather sweet comment by Ruby. She were really starting to open up, yeah? It were nice, yet... Well, it were odly making her fluster a bit at times. She must've really wanted some positive comments from Ruby, to get her feeling this tingly, huh? Made sense she supposed. Had been some time now, since she last had a proper group going, with other dragons, and Ruby were a stubborn one. Took all of Leviathan's natural charm to get past Ruby's defenses.

Charir had taken a bit of time too, but he were clearly warming up to her too, even if he could not say so yet. She really looked forward to hearing him eventually grasp their language, so she could begin to talk to him proper, instead of relying purely on visual aid. Though it were fun to try and get through via that honestly. It required some creativity at times, that were making her brain get some excercise. And she got to show off with her magic. All the things she loved.

"And don't you go worry about Charir. I'm sure that soon as he and I can chat proper, I'll win him over to the idea, of using magic. You've seen how my natural charms can work wonders so far, hehe.

Aah, but all in due time, yeah? And it gives me a bit to try and present to him some ideas as of why I'd suggest he learned it. I mean, even if he for some reason, didn't want to use it in a fight, it's still helpful. Weather ain't an enemy that can just be defeated out of nowhere, with brute force. It needs a gentler touch, and I can teach him some there, I hope. Unless he just have electricity, but that's fine too. I'll show him how to roast a hog to perfection, without ever breaking the skin. It's a great party trick around minotaurs and diamond dogs.

Ponies? Not so much, but you know how they are about animals. And messing with the weather sometimes. You have no idea, how much they hate me, in Cloudsdale. Feeling's somewhat mutual though. I don't agree with how much they restrain the weather all the time. Rain and storms, have to come sometimes. It can't all be sunshine and rainbows. That ain't natural. I don't mess with their little weather machine though. I like this country. I don't wanna be chased out of it, because I broke something that expensive. So I just do annoying things, that they can't arrest me for. Like making a tiny raincloud go over the head engineer, when he's trying to make a speech about sunny skies and mild weather. The death glares she can send, are magnificent. Or were. Few generations since I did it last I think. You know how it is. Sometimes, years just seem to melt together.

*yawn* Anyway, I'm ready soon as you are. Got my bags on, my tail a-wagging, and senses sharp as lightning."

That last one were a lie. She were feeling a bit drowsy. Tended to happen, when she spend too much time inside, without something fun to do. She needed some fresh air.

So she'd wander over to Charir, and give him a pat, on the top of his head, then wander towards the door, where she'd yawn again. Too much studying, made Leviathan a dull lizard.

============================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-01-07 at 2:22 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“You and Omen make for some strange friends for Sen and Lin, but you all talk about each other like you’ve been through some tough situations. I won’t ask for specifics, but because you’ve all convinced me that what happened isn’t really what I thought it was, then all I ask is for you to stay safe and look out for each other.”

“We’ll be careful, uncle. Seeing something like what Rosa described was already enough for us to be worried.”

“I hope so because it’s already bad enough that an accident could do so much damage. Oh, and if you all need help, come to me. I may not know exactly what’s going on, but I’ll do what I can to help. Just make sure you aren’t running with the wrong crowd.”

"I like to think of us more as extraordinary companions, of fascinating origins. Just as Sen and Lin are too, of course."

"And Shrimp."

"Yes, Shrimp too."

Honestly, they were a bunch of weird misfits. Two exiles - one of whom were essentially *reborn*, in a sense - a traitorous spy with a shady history, a small, dragon-like creature, that ate the color out of gems, and... Omen. It were hard to really put words on all of her peculiarities. One could say, that she were a category or two, all of her own. A fascinating friend though, whom he were pleased to have, even if at times, she tested his limits. Often it were his own mistake though, in all honesty. Omen did not know better, unless she were told, and a few times, he had not done so. He could hardly blame her then, for acting outside of what he'd consider suitable.

"And worry not, of the company, that we will keep. I assure you that I will keep an eye out, keep them informed of my observations, in regards to whom we interact with. So that they are well informed, and prepared for things in advance."

Rosa wished he could say, that he'd guarantee that they did not run with a bad crowd, but... Scarcity. It were hard to say how things would be for the others, but he at least, knew that he would end up doing unsavory work, as she essentially owned him, at this point in time. She did not when it came to Sen and Lin. Omen she'd probably just talk into things. Omen were rather gullible, but useful for her kind of work. She'd probably leverage items that she personally did not need, but Omen had an inkling would be interesting for her friends.

“Maybe you’re right, but knowing how uncertain the meeting might go or who ends up meeting who first, I figured going with whoever is available. However, it’ll be better if all of you are together when you meet. We’ll see how it goes.”

“You know, Mr. Rosa, some see having an eye for the future to be a good thing. Being certain or prepared for what comes next and planning accordingly is something others envy.”

“He speaks true, though you need not look down on yourself. I wouldn’t know where painting will take me or how it’ll help the business, but I’m certain it’s worth trying. Now for my current task, I have this furniture set for a client in the new town. A pair of nightstands and a living room table, all with floral patterns. It’s not common for clients to order such things, but it happens every now and again. You probably might want some for your home as well, so I've got a catalog over here if you'd like to look.”

"I'd argue I have plenty of reasons to chastise myself, but let it be what it is."

He were a failure as a countryman, a son, a friend, and a moral being in general. Rosa had much to look upon himself for, but he'd keep those demons inside for now, and let them be there, til he'd find rest. His worst thoughts seemed to always begin, whenever he tried to rest his eyes. That would be a long term punishment of his. Something that might give Luna some clues, into whatever his regrets over his actions, were genuine, were she to enter his dreams to try and find out. From what he heard, she may try to, to gain some insight, but he felt certain that she would not like what she saw. Nothing but well deserved, bad things in his dreams these days.

"It seems as if you have well established plans, when it comes to how to deal with your work, be it paintings, or the woodworking, such as the set you are working on currently. It shows a good deal of planning and dedication, that I genuinely respect. That goes for you both, Uddo and Kiba. And please, just call me Rosa. I do not think we need to go for more formal ways of talking to one another, as things are progressing. Not at this point in time at least.

As for the catalogue, I'd be delighted to see. It might give me some ideas for later one, once I have established a stable income stream, and can thus begin to focus on decorating properly."

While Kiba worked, and Omen watched the process closely, in complete silence, Rosa would accept the catalogue returned, and scour through it, his gaze wandering over the pages with the usual look in his eyes, of someone quickly scrutinizing every detail, that he could get set his sight upon. Page by page he'd go, though some clearly appeared to take more interest for him than others. Those being those with more natural designs, like night stands carved out with a tree pattern, or cabinets looking as if cut out of a single, large piece of oak. Those sorts of things. He adored these more natural things, whereas Omen... Well, she were sticking her tongue out over at the work station at the exact same time, and uses her long tongue to dip into some of the oil, and retract into her mouth.

"...Less oily than I thought. Less salty too."

Shrimp would ring the bell twice as she spoke, then stick his head in to sniff the bell more directly. Which would not have been an issue, if he had not gone in too far, then had the tower wobble. It stabilized, but... His face were stuck, and not he were frantically chirping in panic, whilst writhing around. like a trapped snake.

“Here you go, Sen and Lin, three new sets of tools and your rod all washed and oiled. How about you, Ms. Omen? Need anything checked? Maybe that bell tower your little friend’s playing with could use a look just to make sure it’s safe.”

"Oh dear. Just... Stand still Omen."

Rosa would go over, and grab hold of Shrimp, as gently as he could, to keep the creature from having his whole body wriggle around too much. He might end up hurting himself if he did.

He'd then carefully look, as the panicked little thing's eyes landed on him. He could almost see how he were begging him for help... And he would. He just needed to get Shrimp to calm down a little bit, so that he could do something here. He also needed a tool of some sort...

He'd grab the nearest screw, screwdriver, needle, or small stick near him, then use that to go in, up, and dislodge the bell, which made it possible for Shrimp to get his face free. He seemed fine, but he's lean his head down, so that he could hold his small hands on his snout. All the while, the bell would fall down, and rattle at the bottom of the little tower.

"There. I think he will have learned his lesson, but the bell will have to be reattached, and the windows likely need a small bar of sorts, to keep him from sticking his head in there again. I'd think a glued on stick should suffice, until he's grown up enough to try this more. A little toy from the scrapyard, that he got endeared too."

Uddo could have a look, though Shrimp would then climb up on top of him for a bit, to try and see things from this perspective.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Catpone Cerberus

When in contact light would decrease the weight of the spear and increase the  wielder's weight greatly causing nausea and heavy damage to the body.

blood wont work properly the heart and lungs would beat slowly and the muscles in great stress. Because of this transfer the smash would still affect him so hed block with his hooves. Luckily he is wearing a steeled hooves but still nicked it. He felt the force of the impact and was sent flying back a bit.

his legs would go limp a bit failing to give chase.

"Damn... Blessed by the writers..." He grunts.

" Apparently it is futile to give chase." He mumbles.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-01-10 at 6:32 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I like to think of us more as extraordinary companions, of fascinating origins. Just as Sen and Lin are too, of course."

"And Shrimp."

"Yes, Shrimp too."

“Fascinating origins, huh? I don’t know if I can say that about the longma as a whole. Don’t take that as an offense, Sen and Lin. I didn’t mean to lump you two there.”

“No problem. It’s not exactly a flattering thing to think about.”

Perhaps there wasn’t anything to worry about. Rosa sounded sincere, and everyone was in agreement on the matter. Thee trust that was present in the group was evident, so there’d be no more second-guessing from the older longma, and neither would there be a disservice to them by treating them any less than mature adults. He was reminded of a saying about finding commonalities among those who didn’t fit in with others and finding belonging with themselves instead. Maybe this was an example of that, with his own niece and nephew finding their way around with decent folk. At least, that’s what he hopes.

On 2023-01-10 at 6:32 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Oh dear. Just... Stand still Omen."

Rosa would go over, and grab hold of Shrimp, as gently as he could, to keep the creature from having his whole body wriggle around too much. He might end up hurting himself if he did.

He'd then carefully look, as the panicked little thing's eyes landed on him. He could almost see how he were begging him for help... And he would. He just needed to get Shrimp to calm down a little bit, so that he could do something here. He also needed a tool of some sort...

He'd grab the nearest screw, screwdriver, needle, or small stick near him, then use that to go in, up, and dislodge the bell, which made it possible for Shrimp to get his face free. He seemed fine, but he's lean his head down, so that he could hold his small hands on his snout. All the while, the bell would fall down, and rattle at the bottom of the little tower.

"There. I think he will have learned his lesson, but the bell will have to be reattached, and the windows likely need a small bar of sorts, to keep him from sticking his head in there again. I'd think a glued on stick should suffice, until he's grown up enough to try this more. A little toy from the scrapyard, that he got endeared too."

By then, things were getting a little weird and unexpected with Omen licking the oil and Shrimp getting his little head stuck in the miniature bell tower. All of the longma present would quickly jump in to assist Rosa and the little refraction, though it was apparent the thestral had the situation under control. There was a little screwdriver nearby that he could use to pry the creature’s head free. Once that ordeal was done, the older longma examined the toy with a brass pince-nez used like a magnifying glass. By the time he was done with his examination, there mix of horror and relief on his face, but not one that suggested the problem was too serious.

“Oh dear. Looks like this one’s going to need more than just sticks and some repairs. The inside of the tower appears to have some jagged pieces of plastic and other bits of metallic shrapnel. None of that would be safe for consumption, especially considering where you found it.”

“Good thing we avoided that, but how long would you need to have that cleared out?”

“Hopefully not too long. I’m just concerned about how much of this stuff is in there and if I could get all of it out. You probably might have to come back later if you are busy with other matters. Oh, and uh… Ms. Omen? Could you refrain from, well… licking the oil?”

Uddo didn’t look optimistic about the odds of him finishing the repairs to the miniature clock tower toy, but that was more on how fast he could get the other unwanted things out of it. After all, it was in his best interest to have it be safe for play, but he could try using some tweezers to start. He didn’t exactly have all of the tools that could make this work easy, but he did mention wanting to start a repair service on the side. This could be a start to that. 

As such, he pulled out a smaller tool box from the rear of the shop and got to work. As much as he wanted to have Kiba handle this, the delicate nature of the work meant there’d be a greater need for care to avoid breaking something important. If time permits, he could get this done and make some more progress on the table he’s working on. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Rising idly gazed down the venue of vendors his father had quickly taken to.  A haze of vibrant tapestries danced along the surface of his magic sense.  Minor, useful enchantments.  Magic weaved itself in various ways in Harrowmark.  These served as good reminders that the land was more than just dark magics.  Magic in its essence, was just part of everyday life.  A direction Equestria was slowly moving toward in recent moons.  The importance of the O.M.I. was already growing, likely even faster than The Captain could even imagine.  Once the land of light sees these fine examples of what their potentials could become, magic use is going to explode.

The shared curiosities his father and the few he encountered was promising.  A fair look into the months to come as the true cultural exchanges head their way in earnest.  Star Echo continues to share in the merriment of those that had gathered to talk with him.  Offering up the best replies he could to their own inquires with great enthusiasm.

Dawn returned the offered bow.  Although, this didn't appear to end their conversation.  "I can't say for certain what might be of most interest to me, specifically.  At this moment in time, everything in Harrowmark interests me.  Fabric, foods, household goods, wood, metal, knowledge.  Achieving so with magic is even more intriguing!  This trip, however, I am here in support of my dear brother.  I will need more time to investigate everything very... thoroughly," she emphasized with the almost pleasurable shiver of a predator on the hunt for just the right prey.

A feeling that quickly disappeared at the mention of the undeath.  Dawn, could hide it well by many practiced standards, but a close enough look could tell she'd become a bit uncomfortable.  She was feeling a different kind of shiver now that made it well and clean through their twin connection to the otherwise occupied stallion.  "Equestria has no true connection to undeath, Mr. Agnostica.  It exists in fiction as a concept of horror.  Undeath is going to be a difficult hurdle Equestria will have to overcome," Rising honestly admitted. 

"Do you have theater?" Grace took the moment to avoid the conversation about the undead to turn to the Prince and inquiry.

• Brohoof 1

*The other ponies gazed around as a brown pony with jet black hair and spots speckled on her legs and face trotted in, seemingly in a hurry*

"Oh my, oh, deary me! I don't mean to intrude! I got simply all turned around heading to the market for ingredients for my Cinnamon Buns!" she exclaimed. 

she gawked at the others before introducing herself, "Oh Fiddlesticks, please forgive me for not introducing myself, I'm Sienna Cinnamon!" Sienna explained. 

Rising gazed down at her, she shuffled one of her hooves, in a nervous gesture. Sienna spoke again, promptly, she said "We have a bit of a predicament back where I'm from, you see, we have a monster of a pony after us, his name is Sylvius, we need your help!" 

as she finished her sentence another pony burst in, an alicorn! "Oh, Stellar!" Sienna said, startled. "A Princess?" said Rising.

Stellar Heights let out a puff of air, "we are not from here, where we're from, alicorns are not Princesses!" she fumed. 

@Rising Dusk

While they were talking, it appeared that Star were quickly making friends down the  aisle. Harrowish citizens were not an overtly trusting society, yet this genuinely curious, lively pony were seemingly just melting a lot of the facades away. It certainly weren't bad to have the savior of their country nearby either, nor the fact that today were a day of celebration and joy. Still, he were doing much on his own, and managed to even get a few smiles and laughs going, between all the chatting and questioning.

Things went well... But Rhodan still wouldn't take his eyes off of the patriarch of the family, and just followed silently, to allow him to interact as he wished. The diamond dog kept wondering when something were going to happen, and prepared himself for it, but in fairness, there were a lot of pressure on him here, to not mess up. The captain had put her faith in him, being able to look after an important figure like this, and he did not want to fail that, nor see harm come to the pony. He were a bit... Strange, but Rhodan were warming up to his peculiar ways too, and would actually feel sad, to see him get harmed.

On 2023-01-11 at 5:18 AM, Rising Dusk said:

A feeling that quickly disappeared at the mention of the undeath.  Dawn, could hide it well by many practiced standards, but a close enough look could tell she'd become a bit uncomfortable.  She was feeling a different kind of shiver now that made it well and clean through their twin connection to the otherwise occupied stallion.  "Equestria has no true connection to undeath, Mr. Agnostica.  It exists in fiction as a concept of horror.  Undeath is going to be a difficult hurdle Equestria will have to overcome," Rising honestly admitted. 

AH... This may ah... Prove to be troubling then, for him. He were one of the less obvious ones, as evident by how it did not appear that Dawn had taken notice, but her disdain for the concept told miles, and he would assume from her words, that this were not an uncommon opinion.

"There are certainly vendors and materials that we'd need to be more selective with then, it sounds like. Though I can ah, understand the perspective of it being a thing to fear. Seeing how some can sadly end up, after their passing, are certainly things that would strike fear in even Harrowish hearts. I hope that in time, we will be able to show that there are more to it, then shambling, mindless creatures, and mad spirits, among other things. I'm certain that long as her majesty have made agreement about certain boundaries between cultures, we will be able to accept things well, from both sides.

But that's more for the royals to deal with, than a lowly vendor, such as myself. I am just pleased for now, to know that for instance, we should likely not present Geist Thread, or Hollow Ore, into the mix of things. Harmless things, but their origins sounds as if they'd cause... Problematic responses, and that'd be most disagreeable. I'll make sure to pass it along, to other vendors in the area, to ease into things, rather than try and frontload our more... Exotic wares."

On 2023-01-11 at 5:18 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Do you have theater?" Grace took the moment to avoid the conversation about the undead to turn to the Prince and inquiry.

"Oh yes, definitely. Even in his cruelty, Twisted did not dissolve our theater productions. In parts because he enjoyed it himself too, on some level, and to give us at least some semblance of joy. Though he wasn't quiet, if the production were disagreeable to his rule, and made sure that a fair few, were made in his *honor*. I can imagine quite a few of them, have already been burned, or used as washing cloth, to clean the halls with. barring a few going into record, for historical purposes.

As a matter of fact, mother have arranged a performance after dinner, in the royal theater. A little show in your honor, to help you ease up, after what she assumed would be a stressful day, out here on the streets. You will have a chance to experience a bit of what Harrowish culture have to offer."

Agnostica would excuse himself, as he were called over by one of the weavers. An issue with her setup it appeared, and she needed his assistance. He would ask that if there were anything they wished from his establishment, as a token of his gratitude, they were free to do so. He'd present them with a small acorn that would serve as a token, which seemed odd, but as Rising could likely tell, it had a magical signature. Considering their limited resources for generations, it should likely not be a surprise, that business cards, weren't something they could just waste trees on.

=====================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-01-10 at 11:43 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Fascinating origins, huh? I don’t know if I can say that about the longma as a whole. Don’t take that as an offense, Sen and Lin. I didn’t mean to lump you two there.”

“No problem. It’s not exactly a flattering thing to think about.”

"I find it simply catches a lot of beings in, who comes from less than regular backgrounds. Be it good or bad, it lumps things in, as you put it, rather well.

And I would disagree on the longma. From my perspective at least, there is quite a bit of fascinating things to learn about your kind. Some good, and yes, some bad. No culture is inherently perfect after all, even if some are better off than others. Objectively speaking, at least. Personal experience will color the impressions more, in one direction or another.

And the origins are fascinating. I am quite honest, when I say that I did mistakenly think your kind to first be the offspring of dragons and ponies, the first time I witnessed you. I consider myself more enlightened since then, and wiser, from the stories I have heard."

On 2023-01-10 at 11:43 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Oh dear. Looks like this one’s going to need more than just sticks and some repairs. The inside of the tower appears to have some jagged pieces of plastic and other bits of metallic shrapnel. None of that would be safe for consumption, especially considering where you found it.”

“Good thing we avoided that, but how long would you need to have that cleared out?”

“Hopefully not too long. I’m just concerned about how much of this stuff is in there and if I could get all of it out. You probably might have to come back later if you are busy with other matters. Oh, and uh… Ms. Omen? Could you refrain from, well… licking the oil?”

"I were just curious what it tasted like. Some oils taste interesting."

It weren't as if it hurt her, but they asked her nicely, so she would not do that again, here in the shop. If she saw oil outside though, that were still fair game.

"You'd need to dismantle it? Troubling, but if I might make a suggestion? Try and remove the bottom. It will give a better access to various things in there, and you can shake the worst of the loose parts out for a start."

It were troubling to hear there were these things in, but it could be cleaned, and least Shrimp hadn't swallowed anything, or gotten cut. So that were fortunately. Rosa definitely agreed though, that it were best to clean it proper, to avoid any issues, that might arise. Shrimp seemed smart enough, but he were still a small hatchling, and he saw Omen eat basically everything. He might try himself, and that could end up in disaster.

For the time being, Shrimp wouldn't be in the way either, and would stay on top of Uddo's head. The little one looking around, then raising his head to the sky, and let out his *mighty* roar. It were a good sign how comfortable he were getting around longma, to climb them so easily now. And to think that less than a week ago, he were biting out after strangers. How quick they evolved. Though hopefully, he wouldn't end up trying to trust someone that were bad. So far, he at least picked kind ones.

While Uddo were away, picking up his tools, Omen would go over to have a closer look at the lighthouse. Rosa weren't sure what for at first, but about the time that Uddo returned, he had caught on, and would go over to poke her on the shoulder. Uddo should be able to see why he were interfering, as Omen had gotten close, then pulled out her tongue, and were currently rummaging down into the thing with it. Likely to pick up some of the stray things in there.

"Omen, please don't do that. You'll end up cutting yourself."

She'd retract her tongue, showing several pieces of plastic and metal, stuck on, and in a few cases, in her tongue. She did not appear to bleed from that, and would retract it all fully into her mouth, at which point, she'd start to crunch down on the metal and plastic. It's give quite a crunchy sound as she did so, and all the while, she'd just stare at them, as she always did.

She had not gotten all of it, of course. A few of the looser pieces, but there were still more down there, including stuff too stuck for her to properly get lose. Her tongue were not sticky after all.

"*sigh*. Sometimes, I truly wonder if there are limits to the things, that I seemingly should worry about, that simply does not apply to you."

"I have tried eating diamonds. They are too hard."

If anyone tried to tell her to not eat he metal, she'd ignore them. Including as she swallowed it, after it being thoroughly chewed. She knew this were garbage, and they said it had to go away, so why could she not eat it? It were better than throwing it out, yes? And it might add a new, interesting flavor, to the variety of other things she had eaten, and drunk, in her time.

========================================================

The effect of Light's meddling were felt somewhat on Harpoon it appeared, with the muscles of the pony spasming a little from the change in expected output. Another reason why the one they were facing, were now eager to get away. Another unforeseen creature, causing trouble, that did something unexpected. This were not in the favor of the creature, and thus, it would escape. If they tried to hit it during the escape, they'd find that trying to physically hit the red shape, as it were embedded into the wall, like some kind of living painting, would just hit the wall itself. And considering what castle this were, it'd probably not do a whole lot.

If they hit before it managed to embed itself, into the wall, it'd flicker out, and reappear a bit from there, looking like it had staggered from the blow, but would continue to embed itself, and run off. And if they decided to hit Harpoon? well, that'd just add to the damages the pony had, after she were freed from whatever malevolent entity this were.

She seemed to be injured regardless, with blood starting to slowly trickle from her mouth, and her still remaining unconscious. Shark bit notice in that, and perked up. She were not going to eat the pony, but she smelled the blood, and knew this were injured. That were bad, but she didn't know how to fix that sort. She hoped maybe her mate did, but her first objective, were to make sue he got down there safe, and then... Well, she understood nothing, so she'd let the others decide what to do.

The kitsune had a plan. After the initial shock, their nostrils also flared, at the smell of blood, and they'd go quiet. Then they'd nod at one another.

Zhing (the female), would use her magic to retract the vines holding the pony in place, and placing them under her. It'd make for a small bed of sorts, where she'd slump down upon.

Hachi (the male), would then start to do something rather odd. For a start, his paws would start to glow slightly, in light green. The same would happen to his tail, and his ears. The last of where, a couple of small, emerald flames would start to hover above his ears.

He'd then begin to jump around the pony, tapping her with his paws and tail, as he did the seemingly playful game, of jumping, and brushing against the pony. All the while, a slight trail of the magic he were employing, would trail behind him.

Yet something more were with it. Harpoon would stop letting out blood, her wounds would begin to mend, and her breath would get calm, and stable. She were still not waking up, but she seemed to get better.

"She'll be fine... I think. I don't now what sort of injuries she have, after that... After she were taken over.

Oooh, if only Elder Nahamo-Ine were here. She'd know what to do now..."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-01-13 at 8:09 AM, Blitz Boom said:

And I would disagree on the longma. From my perspective at least, there is quite a bit of fascinating things to learn about your kind. Some good, and yes, some bad. No culture is inherently perfect after all, even if some are better off than others. Objectively speaking, at least. Personal experience will color the impressions more, in one direction or another.

And the origins are fascinating. I am quite honest, when I say that I did mistakenly think your kind to first be the offspring of dragons and ponies, the first time I witnessed you. I consider myself more enlightened since then, and wiser, from the stories I have heard."

“That’s a rather refreshing perspective. I admit, I don’t see things the way you do about the longma, but I guess that stems from my pent-up grievances with them. As for where we came from, we honestly don’t know enough. We all like to believe we just came to be at some point in time, but now I am wondering if that is simply the case or if there is an explanation as to why the longma share appearances with ponies and dragons.”

“It’s worth looking into, but this may be one of those times where we might not like the answers to that kind of question.”

“Still, if it can give everyone a better understanding of themselves, then it could be worth it.” 

Elder Ghilan may have broached this topic before, but hearing someone other than him share the same sentiment likely indicated some possible pursuit. Sen was content to remain focused on his, knowing that the longma are worth helping despite his past experience. Unlike him, Uddo and Lin were on the same boat, but the latter started considering that she has no goals or aspirations of her own, only following her brother out of obligation. After all, if she didn’t strive for some lofty goal, perhaps her own path lay within someone else’s. Now, this was something for her to consider, a path that was solely her own but one that could come into conflict with possibilities outside of the longma. 

Time would tell if her prospects would lead her away from her own kind, yet she was somewhat convinced that it may be true. Her disdain for the longma made her wish she could find a life elsewhere. Uncertainty held her where she is, and the uncertainty of whether it was her emotions making her lean toward that choice made her question if it was right… 

"I were just curious what it tasted like. Some oils taste interesting."

It weren't as if it hurt her, but they asked her nicely, so she would not do that again, here in the shop. If she saw oil outside though, that were still fair game.

"You'd need to dismantle it? Troubling, but if I might make a suggestion? Try and remove the bottom. It will give a better access to various things in there, and you can shake the worst of the loose parts out for a start."

“Looks like I’ll need to take it apart to make sure everything unsafe is cleared out. And regarding what you said, Ms. Omen, I think cooking oil might be a better alternative to lubricating oil. It’s also edible, even if it isn’t healthy.”

The older longma got to work removing the bottom of the bell tower toy per Rosa’s suggestion. It was a fairly simple process of prying the base off and pouring out the insides. There was a not-so-significant amount of metal and plastic bits accumulated from neglect, and the it left him wondering just how much of these kinds of shavings and debris were thrown away at the scrap yard. Still, it wasn’t in poor condition, and working on it was a nice change of pace from the furniture he was focusing on just earlier. Having Shrimp sit and oversee the whole process was also an unexpected but welcomed bonus.

The cleanup didn’t take long, and to ensure no more dirt or debris would end up inside, the longma took a clear plastic film and covered the window of the bell tower, along with adding some sticks on the interior to avoid creating a choking hazard. Now there’d be little chance for large teeth to cut through. Once done, the base would be returned, and the bell would be back on its original position. There’d be a bit of lubricant on the upper hinge and internals to make them move smoothly, so all that's left is a quick overall inspection for safety.

It was the part where Omen was picking some of the metal bits and eating them that got Uddo and Kiba to pause for a moment. Wanting something spicy was understandable, but this one was rather absurd. 

"*sigh*. Sometimes, I truly wonder if there are limits to the things, that I seemingly should worry about, that simply does not apply to you."

"I have tried eating diamonds. They are too hard."

“So, I take it you don’t really worry about what you eat, Ms. Omen? Or rather, should no one be worrying about that? I mean, I hear diamonds are used to build some cutting tools, and they could cut through paved roads.”

“It’s odd, but Omen is… unique. Her body could handle it, so I don’t think we should worry, though that won’t stop us from worrying about her. I suppose we’re still finding balance between when to worry and when to not.”

“O…kay? You probably already know this, Ms. Omen, but I don’t recommend eating diamonds because I’m fairly certain your teeth could break.”

• Brohoof 1

@Stellar Heights

Yet another beautiful morning were unfolding, near the outskirts of Manehattan. The forest were alive with the sound of critters and birds, the streams ran calmly, and closely by, were the edge to the large town itself. In there, there were little peace. But here in the forest? It were calm, soothing, and with little in the way of unusual sights.

Then again, it wasn't saying there were none, as were evident if you looked up, and saw the doctor flying above.

She were an odd sight, as she flew around. Due to her increased amount of energy, she had gone to teach herself another type of flying, that caused her to use more, as well as just entertaining her greatly. Using a mixture of her wings, and strong stomps, she wre zig-zagging through the air, looking like a confused, pink lightning bolt, as she zipped across the skies at great speed. Maybe if she were one to fly normally, rather than do this, she'd be able to catch up somewhat, to someone like Rainbow Dash - outside of RD's speeds when she put in effort, of course - but this were more her style, as confusing as it were to look at for others. As were it, that this didn't make her get nauseous, nor lose sight of, or control of herself.

She'd been asked about that, and her response were generally that she didn't know how she did it, and the less she thought about it, the better it worked.

She'd suddenly just change direction from the air, and downwards, quickly landing straight on the ground, at the bank of a river, in a surprisingly soft landing. Helped that her wings were pretty large, so spreading them at the right time, helped take a ton of the momentum out. Not so good if she could not move proper, but she wasn't one for small, confined spaces anyway. She liked the great open outdoors. And in this case, a sip of water.

She'd yank her face up again quickly after though. And look at the rodent that were clinging to her face, pulling her tongue at the mare.

"You're getting reeeally good at predicting where I'll land, aren't you?"

The small one grinned, and chittered a response. Ziggy did not understand that, but she got the facial expressions and actions of the little one a bit better at this point, and knew that she were being a little sassy one. But hey, least she weren't being bitten this time.

She were about to say more, when she heard some grass rustling, and her ears perked. She'd then turn, and with a big grin on her face, would rush towards the sound, taking off from the ground and zooming at great speed towards the sound. If she saw a pony, she'd rush in for a big, tight hug. And some emphasis on big. She were nearly the size of Princess Luna, and thus towered over most. Except for of course, the princesses themselves, though it had been amusing, the time she had been at a festival where the princesses had been to, and met them. Luna had been rather surprised, which seemed to amuse her sister to some extend, as the pink and white, candy-cane smelling doctor, had faced the princess, with a big, joyous grin on her face. Had been hard not to just tacklehug her there and then, but nnnngh.... Not good. Princesses. Must... Restrain herself...

Some day though, she were gonna do it. Like, at a point where it were seen as proper. She betted they were both very soft.

Anyway, back to the ones she were going for here: If what she heard were ponies, she'd go in for a hug, and they'd get to have a whiff of the mint-smell she carried. It wasn't natural though. She used a perfume that gave off the candy-cane smell. She were a big fan.

If the sound were an animal, like a bear, or critter or something, she'd zoom into a bush, and look at the critter from there, with wonder and excitement in her eyes. Might be she were a licensed doctor, but she were still a young mare, and one with a great deal of youthful energy, and wonder, left in her being.

=============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

33 minutes ago, EQ_Theta said:

“That’s a rather refreshing perspective. I admit, I don’t see things the way you do about the longma, but I guess that stems from my pent-up grievances with them. As for where we came from, we honestly don’t know enough. We all like to believe we just came to be at some point in time, but now I am wondering if that is simply the case or if there is an explanation as to why the longma share appearances with ponies and dragons.”

“It’s worth looking into, but this may be one of those times where we might not like the answers to that kind of question.”

“Still, if it can give everyone a better understanding of themselves, then it could be worth it.” 

"Personal bias colors ones perspective on things, as well as if one are more used to that, compared to other things. For instance, I am certain that you'd find some things about where I am from, to be enlightening, whereas I'd consider some of them more mundane. Some aspects I'd even be a harsher judge of, as I have been there, and witnessed it, just as you have your grievances with the longma. It is all a matter of who the onlooker is.

As for your specific, baseline origins, I doubt there will be much answers to find at this point. If there were a time, when dragons and ponies more frequently wandered closely, and mixed regularly, it lays in a long forgotten time, before the dragon and pony wars. It might even be the source of those in the first place, but as far as I am aware, there is currently not any shred of information about those times to find anywhere. And if they were, they'd likely be controversial enough to spread waves. Ponies might be more inclusive now, but both us and dragons, have a spotted history at the best of times, and as such, not all could accept that there might have been a time where things were notably different.

Though it could also turn out to be more like the capitol of the sphinx, where either all, or the vast majority of equines living within, are slaves. That wouldn't be grand either, but I suppose those are speculations, with no merit to them currently."

45 minutes ago, EQ_Theta said:

The cleanup didn’t take long, and to ensure no more dirt or debris would end up inside, the longma took a clear plastic film and covered the window of the bell tower, along with adding some sticks on the interior to avoid creating a choking hazard. Now there’d be little chance for large teeth to cut through. Once done, the base would be returned, and the bell would be back on its original position. There’d be a bit of lubricant on the upper hinge and internals to make them move smoothly, so all that's left is a quick overall inspection for safety.

It was the part where Omen was picking some of the metal bits and eating them that got Uddo and Kiba to pause for a moment. Wanting something spicy was understandable, but this one was rather absurd. 

Shrimp didn't notice the oddities in Omen eating the plastic and metal, because he were used to her doing things like this. Instead, he'd slither back down on the tower as it were complete, wrap himself around the top once more, and shake it as best he could, to get the sound out. And it were back now! The small ringing of the bell were a little dampened by the windows being blocked by the film, but he could still hear it, and chirped along with the melody, happy as could be.

Small minds and small pleasures, as the saying went. Though it hadn't been cleaned out, by the time they got to it, this debris essentially, still functioned well as a cheap toy for him, and provided them with some idea of what other things he'd like. Much as it might seem demeaning for instance, Rosa were already settled on getting the small thing some cat toys, when he had disposable income. The ones with a small bell in a harmless ball, to be exact. He got the feeling that Shrimp would enjoy such things immensely, as it'd fit both his interest in hearing bells, and would function well for his hunting instinct. It would also be things that were created to be safe, so he'd be unlikely to harm himself with those toys.

As for the eating of plastic and metal... Rosa prepared himself mentally to have to answer things there, in case Omen did not do so proper. A common thing at this point, he supposed, but Omen had a habit of being direct, to the point of underexplaining things

54 minutes ago, EQ_Theta said:

“So, I take it you don’t really worry about what you eat, Ms. Omen? Or rather, should no one be worrying about that? I mean, I hear diamonds are used to build some cutting tools, and they could cut through paved roads.”

“It’s odd, but Omen is… unique. Her body could handle it, so I don’t think we should worry, though that won’t stop us from worrying about her. I suppose we’re still finding balance between when to worry and when to not.”

“O…kay? You probably already know this, Ms. Omen, but I don’t recommend eating diamonds because I’m fairly certain your teeth could break.”

"I tried eating a diamond. My teeth did not break, but I could not chew it, and it were too big to swallow. I send it home instead, for my siblings to see. They found it interesting, until Mother told me to bring it back where I found it."

"So far, I find that mostly when it comes to worrying about Omen, it is in the way that she is so naive, that she is ripe for exploitation. That is what truly worries me sometimes, and sadly have proven to be an issue. Her inherent resilience though, appears to keep her safe from any actual, long term harm. I've seen her sit in fire, eat coal, walk around underwater- Thus far, nothing seems to really physically affect her We do keep an eye out of course, but her master appeared to want her to be able to make it through quite some things. It were a more dangerous back then, so that might well explain it to some extend.

I understand it is odd to witness though. You do not normally see things like this, after all. But personally, I find it simpler sometimes, to just go along with the oddities. Thinking of applying logic too much, seldom goes far, when it comes to Omen. It's refreshing, yet frustrating at times, for one as focused and calculating as I can be sometimes, but I am an oddity in that regard too, I suppose.

To go on more delightful topics, I do know a fair bit about diamond tools. They're fascinating to watch at work, and are instrumental, if you want to work with stone. As for instance like you say, proper road work. Or well, it certainly eases the process substantially at the very least.

They do always carry some risk though, in that dragons sometimes end up thinking they're snacks, and eat them. It's a more common issue than you might suspect, and causes some to cover theirs in substances that are considered inedible for dragons. You can usually see that, if they have a slight orange teint to them."

He had tried using diamond tools before. As well as diamond knives. He frankly preferred using it as tools only, and keeping his knives in metal. They felt off in balance, when he had tried to use knives like that. Though they were easy to dispose of at least, as he had just fed it to a dragon whelp, when he were done with them. Practical in that sense.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih

Sheska just watched the situation evolve, with the newcomers, the end result did not surprise her, she was not entirely inexperienced in being thrown, having used similar tactics before herself, with various bigger creatures, sometimes even her own brother, having thrown her at various things, so she had a feeling that the newcomers hadn't planned things thoroughly enough to get real results, partly why she had stepped away, she had expected 'Harpoon' to send the pony towards her.

She didn't say anything, but it amused her that 'Harpoon' called Harpoon and Onache her 'protective details', the individual had just made it clear that they had no real idea who Sheska actually was, which of course played directly into her hand, being underestimated was yet again helping her, one of the few things that was actually good about being looked down on. Her response to the statement was a simple head tilt, combined with an unimpressed expression which together told that she found what had been said to be pointless nonsense. 

This again was partly purposeful acting, as she knew the kind of personality she was dealing with, and knew not taking them seriously was one of their weaknesses, mentally. 

Sheska shot at the shape when it left Harpoon, but she didn't actually think it would do anything, and in yet another show of her calmness, she casually grabbed the bolt from the air after it hit the crystal fall, bounced off and fell back down. "Possession, figured." she stated, mainly to herself, as she moved to check Harpoon's physical condition. For the others, she looked into their general direction and stated "It will be back, they are always stubborn like that." before turning back towards Harpoon and focusing on the medical check. "It wants to fight, I will fight it." 

She didn't have much of a reaction to what the kitsune did, besides changing her position slightly when Harpoon's position changed , if this was because she was focusing, or because weird stuff like that didn't faze her anymore, that was anyone's guess. she also used her own magic on Harpoon as the kitsune did their own thing, though she wasn't doing it to heal her, but rather to try to figure out the extend of the damages.

She then got up, Interrupting any potential conversation going on "No need for any elders, I'm a healer and there's a hospital nearby, she's stable enough to be brought there." her tone was friendly but surprisingly commanding "Can you kitsune float her there or do we need to take the more physical route?"  she looked at the shark and the pony when she said 'physical', though ultimately she'd drag her there herself if she had to.

------------------------------------------------------

Leviathan didn't need to worry about her being flustered being noticed, because as good as Ruby was reading potential opponents, things like that were not something she understood, at most she'd notice a reaction and find it bit odd, it was in a way ironic, even though Ruby sometimes used seduction to get what she wanted, she was entirely blind to anything that would imply genuine positive feelings towards herself, she was the kind of dragon, that Leviathan could literally melt from something she said and she'd just ask if she needed some ice to cool down.

She did of course note her surprise, but she didn't think much of it because she was well aware how odd it was for her to say, as she in a way surprised herself too.

Charir of course was equally blind for such things, if not even more so, since he wasn't entirely aware of even the concept of such feelings. 

"Mark my words, the ponies' obsession to control nature for sake of 'harmony' will bite their flanks eventually, be it in 10 years or 10 000 years, those who try to control it instead of adapting to it, will perish." she simply stated regarding Leviathan's speech about weather magic, she had nodded when she had spoken about Charir, but didn't comment anything, partly due to the topic change by Leviathan, and partly because it would have been basically a repeat of what Ruby had just said before it.  

Charir made an another attempt at a smile when Leviathan patted his head, it again wasn't the most natural looking, but he was trying his best, it was his second try after all.

Ruby would make her way outside, waiting for the others to exit first, locking the door behind them, same with the fence of the yard, though when they would get out on the street, there was a.... unique situation happening on the neighbors yard, the one where the hybrid lived, the huge murder of crows that had inhabited the surrounding area of the house previously was still there, but some of them were now on the yard itself, jumping around, flying down from the air, to attack something, to attack...snakes, so many snakes, there was a battle between sea of snakes and sky-darkening amount of crows on the neighbor's yard.

Charir was absolutely baffled by what he was seeing, while Ruby's confusion was more 'what is it this time?' "Probably better to not get involved with that." 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz BoomPixel and Glory had gone on an adventure,  of what it seemed, they were in Manehattan! "Wow!" Pixel said as she oggled the streets and buildings from a distance, "I never thought I'd get here!" she chuckled, looking up at Glory, she strained her eyes a little, because of the bright glow of her halo resting just so above her head. Suddenly, Pixel thought she saw something, she became panicked that it was a bear and began to frantically move around, causing the bush to rustle. "Pixel! No!" Glory said quietly.  Pixel thought she smelled mint, like a candy cane. "Do you smell that?" Pixel said, "Smell what?" Glory said, just as she got a whiff of candy cane. "Candy canes? But how?" said Glory. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus @Blitz Boom

As the kobold looked at light and asked if they can carry the injured, he didn't answer her question. But replied differently.

"You have a gun?... And you are not from around here arent you?.... Your species is alien to this kind of.... World. I think? An oddity?..." He questioned himself.

" Anyway  i can easily carry harpoon."

he'd reduce harpoon's wait and easily make her float. Hed then stops her from floating away from him.

" See? Should we head there now?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-01-15 at 7:37 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Though it could also turn out to be more like the capitol of the sphinx, where either all, or the vast majority of equines living within, are slaves. That wouldn't be grand either, but I suppose those are speculations, with no merit to them currently."

“When you put it that way, the latter explanation make some sense… I don’t know if you were told this but the longma are wary of outsiders because of a history of slavery, or something like it anyway. The details aren’t clear as to who did the enslaving, but supposedly, my ancestors were asked to help build some kind of kingdom until they were tricked into becoming the source of the labor. They had no place within that kingdom’s future once they’ve made their ‘contributions.’”

“Was there more to the story? This is what’s usually repeated around the village fires when stories of our history are told to the young to teach them about why we isolate ourselves from the rest of the world.”

“Sadly, that’s the extent of it. A lot of the details go missing when the story is passed by word of mouth, unlike how events are recorded here in Equestria. It’s a long shot, but you could try the town library. They’ve got lots of history books there.”

Kiba was rather intrigued by this story, and it seems like Lin was capable of holding a conversation about the longma that didn’t devolve into derisive comments. The younger longma never heard of this story before, nor did he know much about what others of his kind were like. If there was more time, he might speak with his father or his new friends about what he missed out, though he might have to be careful with the topic. It still sounded like a sore spot for most of those who are knowledgeable about it. 

As for the older longma, Uddo was rather proud of his handiwork if Shrimp was playing with his new toy again. He seemed to have taken a liking to simple pleasures like this, and it gave some ideas for the kinds of things he’d like to have ready in case the present group were to come back. He once heard that uncles and aunts in Equestria have this knack for preparing little gifts for their younger relatives, but he wasn’t sure what that meant or why it was a thing. Maybe now he might understand a little more about the practice. 

On 2023-01-15 at 7:37 PM, Blitz Boom said:

I understand it is odd to witness though. You do not normally see things like this, after all. But personally, I find it simpler sometimes, to just go along with the oddities. Thinking of applying logic too much, seldom goes far, when it comes to Omen. It's refreshing, yet frustrating at times, for one as focused and calculating as I can be sometimes, but I am an oddity in that regard too, I suppose.

To go on more delightful topics, I do know a fair bit about diamond tools. They're fascinating to watch at work, and are instrumental, if you want to work with stone. As for instance like you say, proper road work. Or well, it certainly eases the process substantially at the very least.

They do always carry some risk though, in that dragons sometimes end up thinking they're snacks, and eat them. It's a more common issue than you might suspect, and causes some to cover theirs in substances that are considered inedible for dragons. You can usually see that, if they have a slight orange teint to them."

"I guess it’s a matter of getting used to the odd things, but you seem to be handling it, so maybe we can do it too."

“All the more reason why I asked you to look after each other. You’ve probably gone through a lot before meeting me, but there are plenty of folks out there who’d take advantage of a lack of knowledge and experience. Take this as a lesson, Sen and Lin; be attentive and perceptive. If you feel you are walking into danger, find a way out of that situation and head to safety.”

“Of course, and we’ll make sure to keep that in mind for our friends.”

“Good. Now back to that other thing we’re talking about… I personally don’t use them, so I wouldn’t know, but you do know something I didn’t expect. Maybe I’ll ask you about that substance in case I start getting requests from dragons. Anyway, it looks like we sorted out what you need from me here. Anything else you all need me to look over because I should really get back to work on this order.”

Uddo was still rather busy despite having taken some time off from his work to handle a different kind of task. He wouldn’t say it outright, but having everyone here and chatting them all up made for a nice distraction. His current order’s client was rather specific with wanting the furniture set ready as soon as possible. However, Kiba would still be able to accommodate them for the time being. The day was rather slow at the workshop, and without too many customers present at the moment, the younger longma could afford to step outside for a bit.

• Brohoof 1