Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia smiled fondly at Onyx's coo, and watched the impressive looking Owls fly off to deliver their letters. It was most excellent to see that Magnolia's letters were now to be sent off. It felt pleasing that her letters had been written. Seems as though Alluria didn't want to write anything. Magnolia didn't mind though but felt it was a bit of a shame Alluria didn't take the chance.

"What you say is very interesting - I will be moving in here, if all goes to plan. Perhaps we may see each other again. I know we will - when the Owls return, don't be afraid to give me a hoot." she smirked at her harmless joke there. "Be that as it may, I would be happy to feed the owls when they return. I am sure that when they return they would be well traveled. You know about my cutie mark..." she would cast a small spell and her cutie mark would begin to change.

The stars in her cutie mark would rotate rapidly and take their place within the hilt of a sword flanked by a laurel of Magnolia flowers on either side. A visually striking, almost fearsome cutie mark. The sword was perfect while the flowers flanking it would compliment the sword with great temperance. "This attracts a lot of attention which is why I would hide it normally. I'll hide it no longer - because it's my true cutie mark, representative of who I truly am. I am sure you will find this to be quite interesting, Alluria. Yet like all Sparkle family members - there is still the arrangement of stars." she spoke as she turned to Alluria.

Untitled.png?width=690&height=552

@Blitz Boom 

Plum Blossom quickly finished her cupcake. It was tasty as usual, and very sweet, but she liked it that way.

"Caramelized crickets? Ok then..." Plum Blossom said, not quite sure what to make of that. She thought it was weird, but she wasn't going to insult Jelly by telling her that.

"Well, they aren't apple ponies; They are the Apple family, and they are just regular earth ponies like me. Yes, it's true that they produce some of the best apples. I suppose that means we should go to Sweet Apple Acres next, but my family has a pretty cool farm too. Apples aren't the only thing Ponyville is known for," Plum Blossom said, winking as she led the way.

The way out to Sweet Apple Acres wasn't that crowded, and Plum Blossom was able to lead Jelly there.

"So here it is. This place is pretty big though. In the right place, the only thing you could see would be apple trees," Plum Blossom said. She noticed Applebloom her friend, and Applejack and waved to them.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-03-15 at 5:39 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Some things I prepare, take months, if not years to prepare. Yet I have not been called upon again yet, so I take now, my own path to ensure that what should not pass, does not. I could riddle you the answer to what part, your friends holds in this. Or you could take my paw, and see for yourself, what I have seen."

He'd hold an outstretched paw, beans up, towards them, inviting any to touch him. If they did, they'd share in a vision.

Sen paused for a moment, hesitant to take the serpanther’s offer to see into the unknown. He turned back to Lin and Omen, perhaps wondering they would try to get him to reconsider, but Lin wouldn’t answer. She still sat by Rosa’s side to see if he was looking better, but Zhu’s words appeared to weigh heavily upon him. The silence was its own answer, and the longma would take up the offer, placing his claw over Zhu’s paw to see what he saw. Lin wordlessly joined him, rushing over to make sure her brother isn’t going in alone.

What came next was a sight that could come from a fever dream. Fire, destruction, misery, and any other word that could describe thorough devastation. They’d silently follow along, taking in everything they saw to try and process it. All of this, caused by a lone figure becoming more evident as this vision went along. And when they saw his face peering from beyond flames and shadow, the siblings could only stare in horror before they’d return to their present. 

“I… no… no, that can’t be,” Sen quietly muttered, though still audible to Zhu given their proximity. “Please say it’s not so.” 

As for Lin, she could only let out a gasp before running away and locking herself in the closest room. An expression of sheer terror was plastered on her face, and she couldn’t bear to look at anyone else in the room. Once inside, she’d wait in silent contemplation to think about what she saw and heard, though one may hear the sound of faint sobbing from behind the door. There was no way this could be real, and it may have awakened something deep within her.

“Zhu… you said you stopped this from happening before. What did you mean? What happened?”

@EQ_Theta

3 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Zhu… you said you stopped this from happening before. What did you mean? What happened?”

"The future is made by choice. I can see what can happen, and what leads there, and as such, I can tell how to veer it away from that path.

But the future is as said, created by choices. Much as I try to steer things, everything can change, by choices others make, or my own fault.

What you saw, were one outcome. One of many, but almost all, spring from the same base of grief. If that path is not taken, this should not come to pass.

There have been other ways, it ended at this station before. In one, he never met you, and the changelings rejected him. Others, he went searching for his mother, and were infected with darkness, or she forced a crystal beasts heart upon him. Most unlikely, but one remained possible, I had to intervene. Though in what way, is not for your ears."

His methods were not always good, and often he found, that others did not like how he had taken control, over what they had assumed were their own, free will. So it were best in his mind, to simply keep this to himself, and not inform them, of what he had done. He had already been very open about things as it were, and couldn't keep giving all details away. It would influence things poorly, from what he had seen, as it so often did. Defiance of visions were almost second nature, to all higher sentient beings. Not that he blamed them. No one liked to think, that their futures were not in their own control.

Zhu would look towards the door, where Lin had run off to, that Rosa had then followed. He didn't know what they had seen, as Zhu would push him back, with gusts of wind if he tried getting near, but whatever it were, it had rattled Lin greatly. She'd need company. Shrimp thought so too, and were currently riding along, so he'd just remain seated, and look towards the door, as Rosa knocked, and asked if he could come in. If he couldn't, Shrimp would slither down on the floor, under the door frame, and go climb Lin himself. It seemed his caretaker needed company.

"You have seen a flicker now, of what I am made to see. But don't think that trying to correct it, is all for the sake of good. I do not walk the path of the righteous, nor the villanous. I am tasked with balance, and as some good will happen, so too must evil. Yet it can be many smaller things, over one earth shattering tragedy. It is all about making choices, and living with the consequences.

Your sister, have become rattled from seeing something, which elements be willing, will not come to pass. But that does not mean it wasn't real, or couldn't happen. No matter how much all think, that they could never break, there is always a way. Few takes it this far though. Most simply become self destructive. This being also an option, but I think it better, that he did not go down either path. He have a part to play in other futures. Other paths, which needs to be tended. As does his father, and you. Yet I cannot say, where your pivotal moment will lead you. There is equal chance of four important paths, all stemming from the same moment, and in time, your choice will decide which one comes to pass.

I wish I could tell you more, but I have shared as much about your moment as I could. Much more, and it would make things to erratic, from you trying to stop the moment from ever passing."

=================================================================

@Ocean Wavedream

10 hours ago, Plum Blossom said:

"Caramelized crickets? Ok then..."

"It's really good. Have a nice, yummy crunch to it."

She knew that Plum probably thought it was weird. Most in Canterlot had too, so she were used to it. But as a bat pony, she needed her proteins, and this were one way she'd get that into her diet, despite how weird others might think it were. And really, wasn't like eating crickets were even that bad for regular ponies. Some ate that as a snack, not just her. Reeeeeeeally few though, she'd been told. Some sort of culture thing, somewhere. Like how in Neighpon, ponies ate a little bit of fish. That one were weirder to Jelly, but she wouldn't judge them on that.

"Well, they aren't apple ponies; They are the Apple family, and they are just regular earth ponies like me. Yes, it's true that they produce some of the best apples. I suppose that means we should go to Sweet Apple Acres next, but my family has a pretty cool farm too. Apples aren't the only thing Ponyville is known for," Plum Blossom said, winking as she led the way.

"Hehe, I know they're not made of apples. But the ones I heard of, kept being called the Apple family. It sounds nice to have a family name like that.

I didn't think you were a farm pony though. I'd like to see yours too, later. There's not any farms in Canterlot, so I've just seen pictures. We were supposed to have a school trip to one next month, but now I'm here, and can get to see it all up close.

I like Ponyville over Canterlot, you know. It's not so noisy here all the time."

"So here it is. This place is pretty big though. In the right place, the only thing you could see would be apple trees," Plum Blossom said. She noticed Applebloom her friend, and Applejack and waved to them.

Jelly would follow along, chewing on the last remnants of her treat. As she were told she'd probably only be able to see apple trees, she were about to say she could fly up, and see it from a bit higher then, when a couple of ponies started to wave at them. The former of whom, Jelly would point towards first.

"Hey, I've seen her in school. She's Apple...Bloom? Who's the other one? Is that her mom?"

================================================

@Starforce

On 2022-03-15 at 3:01 AM, Magnolia said:

"What you say is very interesting - I will be moving in here, if all goes to plan. Perhaps we may see each other again. I know we will - when the Owls return, don't be afraid to give me a hoot." she smirked at her harmless joke there. "Be that as it may, I would be happy to feed the owls when they return. I am sure that when they return they would be well traveled. You know about my cutie mark..." she would cast a small spell and her cutie mark would begin to change.

Alluria would roll her eyes, when Magnolia made her joke, but Hoot himself, would just seem to lighten up.

"Is that so? Well normally, you'd have to be death aligned, family, or married into it for that, but I'm sure you being Alluria's descendant, is a feather in your hat. I'm sure you won't run a-fowl, of anypony, for expressing your want to join the town."

"Please don't encourage his bird puns. He can keep this going for hours. I've been stuck for centuries, and yet it feels as if my soul is aging, when I hear too many."

"I'm sorry about that, my lady. I don't wish to be a bird-en."

Alluria let out a notable groan, whilst Hoot chuckled to himself. She should really have seen that one coming.

On 2022-03-15 at 3:01 AM, Magnolia said:

The stars in her cutie mark would rotate rapidly and take their place within the hilt of a sword flanked by a laurel of Magnolia flowers on either side. A visually striking, almost fearsome cutie mark. The sword was perfect while the flowers flanking it would compliment the sword with great temperance. "This attracts a lot of attention which is why I would hide it normally. I'll hide it no longer - because it's my true cutie mark, representative of who I truly am. I am sure you will find this to be quite interesting, Alluria. Yet like all Sparkle family members - there is still the arrangement of stars." she spoke as she turned to Alluria.

"An interesting one. Yet I cannot say for sure, that I understand the meaning of it. Are you one to cut down weeds? Or do the laurels represent peace, and you fighting for, or against it? Some of these marks, are open for interpretation."

Her own - as she would show to Magnolia - were simpler. An open book, and a pen, writing a heart. One might not think it now, but Alluria used to be quite the matchmaker, back in her day. These days, some just figured she wrote romance novels. She'd usually thwack them with a dictionary for that notion.

Hoots were pretty simple. It was a trio of owls, surrounded by what seemed like the entry to a tree. Very simple, and had come once he started up on caring for these majestic creatures.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

"that might not be the best idea, she's not particularly comfortable around a lot of ponies, let alone a whole hive of changelings... Her past experiences with large amounts of  changelings left a bit of a distaste for that kind of thing. She freaked out about me at first when she found out about me.  She nearly fainted upon meeting my mother! It's hard to get over that kind of thing and she's still recovering. I wouldn't want to put her through any stress.Her family family was attacked by changelings before in the past. She knows not all changelings are bad and she doesn't hate us; she just had a traumatic experience. It's probably best if she met changelings one at a time, she'd handle that much better. " howl explained, as he looked around at the other changelings.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia looked to Alluria and felt a bit bad that Alluria didn't seem to like the joke. At least Hoot did from the sounds of it, though. What he did say about her moving in, was interesting. Hopefully she could convince Zeehva to live here as well. It would do them better to live here, rather than wander aimlessly about Detrot or any of the other areas.

"Well, we will have to see. My friend, Zeehva will likely require a bit of convincing but I am sure she will stay and be allowed to stay here. Honestly, I feel more at home here than anywhere else I have been." she remarks casually, and would look to Alluria.

"Depends on how you look at it. I suppose it could represent my outlook on things. I would much rather defend peace - than break it. However, I can also do the opposite as well. The sword is meaningless without the one who wields it. The laurels if you look at them - are Magnolia flowers, hence my nickname." she added.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-03-16 at 5:45 PM, Blitz Boom said:

What you saw, were one outcome. One of many, but almost all, spring from the same base of grief. If that path is not taken, this should not come to pass.

There have been other ways, it ended at this station before. In one, he never met you, and the changelings rejected him. Others, he went searching for his mother, and were infected with darkness, or she forced a crystal beasts heart upon him. Most unlikely, but one remained possible, I had to intervene. Though in what way, is not for your ears."

After everything he saw up to now, the longma wasn’t quite sure how to understand it. Futures that can and can’t happen were simple on paper, but truly understanding how events branch out was a lot more complicated that anyone could hope to fathom. If one action could lead to one path, it calls into question how a tiny deviation could create a divergent series of events. Perhaps within Zhu’s words lies the clue: grief. Even that may be an oversimplification, because the acting on that could have dire consequences, especially if the previously mentioned draconequus was anything to go by. All of this left Sen’s head spinning, and there were still more questions stirring within. 

“Just one more thing, but I don’t know if you will answer this question. This future you showed us… was it the most concerning one out of many you have seen? Is that why you are telling us this?”

He’d look once more to the door ran toward and found Rosa standing by it. Lin was distraught by what she saw, but Sen didn’t think that it was bad enough to get her to respond that way. She always kept her composure in the most pressing circumstances, but not this one. Rosa knocking on the door didn’t work at first, but she eventually opened the door and immediately hugged him.

“Rosa… we just wanted to help you, even if it means helping you find peace. P-please don’t push us away.” The longma begged, tightening her grip in a desperate bid for reassurance. “If you need help, come to us. We all believe you are good even with your past. Please don’t throw that away. I… you want to know what we saw, do you?”

“What I… saw… I thought they were just thoughts, things from some kind of fantasy that I put away. So much destruction…”

Lin felt Shrimp climbing over her, and being surrounded by familiar company calm her down. She wiped away her tears and looked to those present before resuming.

“I once harbored anger, only wanting revenge on the longma for taking away my family. I didn’t care that I’d be stepping on those who didn’t have anything to do with that just so I could get back at the ones who did. What I saw in that vision, it reminded me too much of myself and what I could've been had things not go the way they did now. All that destruction… I don’t like the idea that you could also fall into that, as I could have. I’m sorry I made you worry.”

@EQ_Theta

14 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Just one more thing, but I don’t know if you will answer this question. This future you showed us… was it the most concerning one out of many you have seen? Is that why you are telling us this?”

"What you saw, were not the worst. Nor were it the end. Yet you saw what little you needed, to understand. You do not need to see all the ways it branched, what lead up to it, nor what came after. I am tempered with time, from being forced to witness all which can happen, from the moment my eyes could open. If you tried to see all I did, for but a moment, it may well break you beyond repair."

Being a seer of his magnitude, were not a gift. Oracles, and truth tellers were gifted, as they saw likely outcomes, when the time were right, or infrequently at least. But not him. Zhu did not have the luxury of being ignorant of the whole picture, nor the ability to stop himself from seeing it. There were a reason, his eyes rarely gazed upon another, for more than mere moments at a time. Even tempered with experience as he were, some things could get overwhelming, if their futures were varied, and important enough, that he could not *filter* through most of it.

As for the full story here, it would have some variations, but the prerequisite in the one he had shown, were Rosa's father. The Consortium would send word around, that he would be tried for his sons crimes, if he did not show up to answer himself. Some he refused, and his father were left to rot in jail, til he died grimly. The one they had seen, Rosa had gone though, and though trying to get his father out, he would inevitably fail, and his father die. Long as the thestral were trapped in dementia, he were not effective enough to survive in any of these encounters, which were why it were so important to have him cleansed of that.

What came next, were the gradual breaking of Rosa. He would blame himself, and fall back into drinking. He'd at first rely on his friends, but would eventually push them away. When they did then not get the point, he'd start to set traps, intended on ensnaring them, and perhaps hurt them just a little. Nothing major.

Yet he had made them faulty, in his grief and booze-filled haze, and when his friends then came, they were followed with Stargazer, and his niece, Jelly. The filly would stumble into one of his traps by accident, and... She wouldn't make it, and Stargazer would lose his eyes.

Things spiraled rapidly after that. Caught in grief and guilt, the pain would overwhelm Rosa, and break him for good. He'd hide from Omen, gather resources, and some mercenaries with no scruples, and begin an assault on his old home. He would blame them, for starting everything, which brought him here. So he would have the town sacked, and everyone killed mercilessly. From youngest, to oldest, no one would be spared, lest they had escaped early on. And his crusade after that, would seek them, whilst destroying everyone in his path.

In time, Sen and Lin, would be forced to confront him, and either they'd die, and Omen would send him into a volcano, breaking the one rule of her kind. Or the siblings would kill Rosa, breaking them in turn. In either situation, death would be Rosa's only outcome, and Omen would eventually reside for a long, long time, at the bottom of the sea, unable to cope with everything that had happened. Either after her friends had all died, or later, after what would happen to Sen and Lin, after they killed Rosa.

Tens of thousands of deaths, and more to come, all starting from a grief-struck son, failing his father once more.

This were not a path, that should be, so he needed to avert that. Even if it meant him, needing to get directly involved.

"Do not misunderstand. I am not a force for good. Nor evil. I have long been a servant to balance, and his actions would cause trouble, as the scale would go uneven towards chaos, then dive hard, upon the scale of order. Neither must reign, or you will see far greater devastation, than anything you might imagine. Millions, if not billion of lives, lost needlessly.

What you saw, could be rebalanced, yet there is need of him elsewhere, as there is of you. Best it then is, to correct the path, before it darkens with blood."

14 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Rosa… we just wanted to help you, even if it means helping you find peace. P-please don’t push us away.” The longma begged, tightening her grip in a desperate bid for reassurance. “If you need help, come to us. We all believe you are good even with your past. Please don’t throw that away. I… you want to know what we saw, do you?”

“What I… saw… I thought they were just thoughts, things from some kind of fantasy that I put away. So much destruction…”

Rosa meanwhile, would hug Lin back, as clearly she needed it. Whatever she had seen, had shaken her to her core. Considering the reaction, her words... It had something to do with him, and it was bad. Really, really bad. A part of him wanted to know what it were she saw, and yet...

"I won't push you away, Lin. You're my friends, who have been there for me, far more than I feel I deserve. I would not toss that aside from anything."

"Strongest bonds, breaks not in silence."

"Shut up, Zhu."

He were going to say more, but Omen would - despite going over and joining in on the hug - extend her tongue, and wrap it around his mouth, to keep it closed. So he'd be quiet, and keep his eyes from landing on Omen, as best he could. He did not like looking at her futures. It were... Disturbing, to say the least. Not only far reaching, but varied, and often important. He did not believe in destiny, but some creatures were destined to be important, which were what little part he did believe in. No matter how things were done, she would in time, do something of great importance. Yet how it would go... That would take much work, to steer, and flesh out.

"Thank you, Omen."

15 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I once harbored anger, only wanting revenge on the longma for taking away my family. I didn’t care that I’d be stepping on those who didn’t have anything to do with that just so I could get back at the ones who did. What I saw in that vision, it reminded me too much of myself and what I could've been had things not go the way they did now. All that destruction… I don’t like the idea that you could also fall into that, as I could have. I’m sorry I made you worry.”

"I don't know what you saw, and frankly, I don't want to either. I have more faith in all of you, than I have in some vague notion of the future. Please, don't worry yourself. We will be fine. Except Zhu, if he were lying about my father. I shall personally flay him then."

Omen assumed this meant she could let go, so Zhu could answer, and so, the serpanther would, as his mouth got usable again.

"I have no reason to lie. Further, if it eases your mind, I see very low odds of you going down such paths, Lin. Your paths to utter darkness, takes so many hoops, that I should need not steer anything, to have it avoided. All futures are in essence, possible. Yet some have greater odds than others."

@Starforce

"Biology were never my forte, I must regrettably admit. It were even the reason for my untimely demise, as I gathered what I believed to be a medicinal herb, for a minor wound. Little were I aware, that it were poison. Thus, I were brought brought low. And before you wonder, the plant had nothing to do with me being stuck. others have perished from the same, and suffered not my consequences.

Regardless, your mark is intriguing. One which can mean many things, yet holds importance regardless. I shall watch your life with interest, Magnolia. One way or another, your name shall be recorded in history. I pray only it will be amongst visionaries, and not inscribed amongst the tales of enemies. I will do my outmost, to ensure it goes the better path at least, if you will let me."

Alluria were not one that smiled often, yet this marked yet another time, that Magnolia would get a small, warm one from her. The mare had not had much to smile about for centuries though, in her defense, so who could really blame her?

"Mares of potential, I see. Sounds like it could be hard to lift the expectations. But then, I prefer living simple. I just like owls."

The stallion smirked, then heard perked his ear, as he heard a bunch of weak chirps, and the flapping of several sets of wings, further up.

"It sounds like the last eggs have hatched. I were wondering if they would. Carol have been stubborn about this batch, and I were fearing the worst.

Today is a good day indeed. Before I get whole distracted though, who is this Zeehva, you talk about? Is she a zebra? They always have peculiar names like that."

================================================================

@GingerLightning

A widespread, disappointing *Aaaawh...* sound spread, in the auditorium. They had just gotten their hopes up, that they'd get to see a romantic couple, that included a changeling.

"Now now everypony, I know you're disappointed, but we have to respect her wishes. Especially if she had bad experiences before, which sadly, isn't too unheard of."

"Lots of hives, that is only out to hurt others, or just don't think hurting ponies is bad."

"Mhm. Gives us all a bad name, and that's hard to live over. We know. We're trying our hardest, and it's a real fight."

Bling and Upbeat would speak up there, nodding along, and agreeing with things. Looking over the facts, and how sadly, this tended to be the story, rather than nice ones, they all had to give in there, and one by one, nod along. A shame still, yet they understood, and would respect it.

"I hope you will still give her our best though. And if ever she wants to try and face her fears, our hive is always welcome. We're strictly pacifists, and we only feed, by using harvesters. Which sounds a lot worse than they are. It's more like... Pollen vats, collecting excess emotions. Nothing hidden, I promise. We have it in our pamphlets for the theater, so everypony know, that excess joy just flows into those, completely safe, and unnoticeably.

Say, you two ever saw a collector vat before? You aren't proper hive changelings, so I' guessing there's tons and tons of regular stuff like this, you aren't aware of? Even then, the vats are fairly uncommon. A lot just takes straight from the source, since the vats takes effort, and cultivation of emotions."

"They're all lazy."

Blings comment, made a snicker and a giggle, go through the room. Nothing wrong with a bit of jest. Long as the hives they talked about, didn't hear them, that were. Some got a little... Testy.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia smiles to Alluria. Her smile was one of warmth. She took a step forward and pointed to Alluria's cutie mark. "I like your cutie mark. Especially the little heart there." she remarked, enjoying the look of the little heart on Alluria's cutie mark. "But who knows what the future will hold for the both of us. We can only hope that will be the case, but hoping is not something we should rely on - we must act on that hope to create what we wish to see in the world." Magnolia spoke calmly before turning to Hoot.

"A friend of mine who prevented me from going down a very dark path. She has her own pains as well. Greater than that of my own. She is not a zebra no, but she does know a lot of their customs." Magnilia spoke calmly. "Her presence here will serve her well, for her to find closure in what she seeks." 

@Blitz Boom

Light would try to correct Shark, as he doesn't want her to think he has someone else in mind as his mate. Especially her.

" No no... Cali is a good.... Um...good friend? Good crazy friend. Yes. Not all good friend equals mate. You shark are a very good friend though, doesn't mean you and I are mate right..ahmmm that is if that's what you feel ahm." Light stutters.

" Smooth move," Cali goaded.

" Ahmm anyway! What do we do from here on out?" Light asked.

" I would like a place of solitude to master and control this ability, would you help me flying magical toaster... Mom?" Cali requested.

( I guess this is Cali's chapter for now)

(And Light's daily slice of life now, as a normal kick ass earth pony.)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-03-19 at 6:35 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"What you saw, were not the worst. Nor were it the end. Yet you saw what little you needed, to understand. You do not need to see all the ways it branched, what lead up to it, nor what came after. I am tempered with time, from being forced to witness all which can happen, from the moment my eyes could open. If you tried to see all I did, for but a moment, it may well break you beyond repair."

“I don’t envy you, Zhu, but everything that you showed and told us, hinging on Rosa’s father… I don’t know how he’d take it when a choice like that could change many things. It’s a lot to take in, and even my head could only take so much confusion. All this… because we are needed elsewhere, at a different point in time? I guess that part makes some sense.”

Indeed it did, but only if it pertained to something that will happen in the near future. Ghilan would still require the siblings if they were to speak before the council. Sen knew that much, but beyond that is a mystery. They could go in any number of paths forward, and each one is an unknown future with its own challenges. If what Sen and Lin saw earlier suggested a drastic change from the Rosa they know now, the longma could only imagine what might happen if he were to fall into despair. No doubt he’d be much different than the longma he is now.

Meanwhile, Lin tightly embraced Rosa, and his words provided a measure of comfort. There were still doubts lingering in her mind, but the thestral’s reassurance had a greater effect on her in the present. This was a moment that she didn’t think she find herself in, a moment of weakness with no clear answers moving forward. She didn’t know who to believe, but she was certain that the most important choice wasn’t hers to make. She knows she has friends, and the closest ones she has ever had are with her now. If Zhu’s vision ever came to pass, then the thought of losing them scared her, especially if one were to succumb to great sorrow.  

“But… what will you do with what Zhu said? Knowing what he said about your father, our actions could lead to any number of outcomes. Something we might do could make things worse later.”

“Rosa, whatever you decide, we’ll stand by you. We only ask that we be careful.” 

Sen and Lin didn’t feel anything quite like this before. Being this concerned and willing to do what they can for friends like Omen and Rosa… it was strange at first, but it was slowly becoming second-nature to them. It was especially true for Lin, as she didn’t form strong friendships with others. Familial love was one thing, but having strong bonds with others outside of her family was new, and she didn’t want to lose them to things like grief. Now, she’s determined to keep her friends from falling to despair because it is only right that she looks after them.

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM & DAWN STREAK

It wasn't like Dazzle wanted a fight. Far from it. But she was used to it. If she had to fight she would. Although in this case, it seemed like everyone was against her fighting the dragon so she sighed heavily and took a deep breath to calm herself and get out of the battle lust she was in. The electricity that had been gathering within her scales slowed to a stop and their outlines no longer showed beneath her skin. She looked at Benny and Stare and smiled a bit.

"Alright, I won't fight him. He seems more like a puff of air than an actual threat anyway," Dazzle told them.

Dawn though, she stayed behind Kaltrops to keep watch on what was happening. She didn't exactly think Dazzle could take on the dragon but the taunting was still going on. Maybe it won't get to Kaltrops' head and hopefully he'll just calm down like Dazzle just did.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"It appears we've got everything," Aurora said lightly as she examined what each of the party member was taking. For herself, she swallowed and looked at Anomaly before they left entirely. She cleared her throat to make sure she could speak properly and gained a nervous expression. "Just one thing, Miss Anomaly. I ... really did like the pumpkin drink you made and I ... well, I also wanted to thank you for something. Uh ... giving me a confidence boost. Taking in all of this weird, fun stuff in has kinda made me realise to not really be scared at every little thing that jumps out so ... thank you for that, I guess."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Wow," Atzy breathed, her eyes really wide at the ordered chaos in the workshop. She had no idea a place like this could even be around, considering she thought that everypony was exceptionally neat, orderly, and tidy at their homes. "What can we play with here?" she asked Blitz excitedly.

"Let's hope these two don't blow themselves up," Karmic muttered to Enzo before she slid down his leg and onto the ground properly. She shook herself to get rid of the dust and made her way over to the pair with a cautious gait.

@Blitz Boom & @Starforce

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Wouldn't it look strange for a flying bug, a ghost, a Princess, and her guard, all go on the train at once?" Twilight asked Last in response to her earlier question about train usage before watching the owl fly in. It had beautiful plumage and she took a minute to compose herself. Blinking rapidly to keep the memories at bay she breathed and out slowly.

"I don't think I'm expecting anything but ..." she tried to take it and watched the owl hop back a step. She recognised this from certain mail owls being skittish around delivering letters to new ponies. So she started talking to it. It's not like it could talk back or anything but it might help a bit.

"Oh ... uh ... is that letter for somepony here? The only one that really lives here is me, Twilight Sparkle, my assistant Spike, my apprentic Starlight Glimmer, and well, now, a ghost named Cherish, a bug named Drone, and my guard named Last Stand," Twilight told the owl slowly before turning to the others. "I wonder if it understood all that," she chuckled lightly.

@Blitz Boom
"That is why one's mind is part of their strength, what you lack in muscle you can replace with intellect, if you can't beat them, outsmart them." Ruby concluded before cleaning up herself, mainly her face, since the blood would persist even after transformation, and cleaning fur was notably more annoying than cleaning liquid-repellent scales. The combination of brain and brawn were exactly what made her kind, and more specifically her, so dangerous, she had the durability to take hits while also having the mind to adapt to almost any kind of tactics, so if you didn't hit hard enough to finish her quick, you'd most likely not take her down at all, since every trick would only work once.

"And sure, I doubt I will remember what we forgot, and since business is really the only reason for me to be anywhere, we could as well return to my house where the books are, I could also see if there's anything that could help with the whole magic thing." 

------------------------------------------------------------

Scarecrow didn't really feel anything when his disguise dropped, mainly because he barely had the sense of touch, but he did notice slight difference. biggest being in his vision, as part of it was no longer blocked by the parts that made the eyes of living beings, he was also slightly less stiff now that he wasn't limited by the usual physical limits of muscles and such. Weirdly enough, as hideous as he was, he actually preferred this form slightly over the fake one, as it made him feel less restricted.

"Yes, it was odd, not only because it's odd to be able to just exist like that among others, but also due to the unfamiliar familiarity of everything." "It was also slightly uncomfortable, all the noise everywhere, my ears can't hurt, but after spending most of my time in the forest, the noise was distracting." 

-------------------------------------------

"It's hard to tell who he may have met, I don't recognize the name, but the area sounds like it could be the are we are from, yet, it doesn't necessarily mean it was us, since there's plenty of travelers from several communities, and it could have been someone from further away that just happened to be there." "It did sound like the description matched us, so it is most likely someone from similar environment if not from your community specifically." Chega didn't comment on the mermaids because she didn't know about the topic, the ones she met didn't really talk about their positive relationships with other creatures, and the little they did, they had their own words for different creatures, so even if they would have talked about mermaids or sirens, Chega wouldn't know since they didn't use those words.

"While I can see your logic, you shouldn't worry about being blamed if you stay here, there's quite a lot of witnesses, it would be more likely for you to get blamed if you are around when something happens." Sear pointed out, she didn't object going after the individual, but she just wanted to point it out "That guard is also probably constantly watching us, and I'm sure he's a trustworthy witness to the locals." both sear and Chega gave a questioning look towards the siblings, which Trox addressed "a guard from where we are from, it's complicated." "I still agree we should go and see what that's about though." The twins were all about helping others, that's why they became rebels in the first place, so obviously if they could stop death, they would do so.

"We'll come with if you go, it could make a good story, and I still want to hear your story." Chega was talking mainly to Sheska and Trox

(edited)

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-03-20 at 1:43 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“I don’t envy you, Zhu, but everything that you showed and told us, hinging on Rosa’s father… I don’t know how he’d take it when a choice like that could change many things. It’s a lot to take in, and even my head could only take so much confusion. All this… because we are needed elsewhere, at a different point in time? I guess that part makes some sense.”

"If things goes as I see they might, you may come to understand someday. Or perhaps, you will not, and it simply won't ever come to pass. The future is ever uncertain, and even when one can see all the possibilities, nothing is assured to go as planned. One can only increase the odds. You may well end up living the rest of your life, being part of nothing remarkable."

Yet again, he couldn't divulge too much. Which also included that the odds of Sen not being part of something big, were smaller, than that of Lin's chance to go on a murderous rampage. Which were already small, as mentioned. Alas, the future were fickle, and he could not always have the luxury of sharing it. Only with his mother would he be honest, which she deserved after he had wandered behind her back, for near a millennia now. How she had forgiven him, he knew not...

On 2022-03-20 at 1:43 AM, EQ_Theta said:

Meanwhile, Lin tightly embraced Rosa, and his words provided a measure of comfort. There were still doubts lingering in her mind, but the thestral’s reassurance had a greater effect on her in the present. This was a moment that she didn’t think she find herself in, a moment of weakness with no clear answers moving forward. She didn’t know who to believe, but she was certain that the most important choice wasn’t hers to make. She knows she has friends, and the closest ones she has ever had are with her now. If Zhu’s vision ever came to pass, then the thought of losing them scared her, especially if one were to succumb to great sorrow.  

“But… what will you do with what Zhu said? Knowing what he said about your father, our actions could lead to any number of outcomes. Something we might do could make things worse later.”

“Rosa, whatever you decide, we’ll stand by you. We only ask that we be careful.” 

Rosa would remain in Lin's grasp, until it seemed she were ready to let go. As would they all, seemingly. Zhu excluded. He were not a friend, and knew that him attempting to partake in a hug, would likely not go over well. One day though, he hoped to try it again. His lifestyle did not allow for friends, as it might leave him unable to do what he must. He were sadly required to remain impartial.

"I'll do what is sensible. And if it is a lie, I shall keep to my word."

"Many have threatened to flay me. I have outlived them all.

As for what I said, it is simple. Wander to the Everfree. To the castle in which harmony once ruled, and let Anomaly know, that I send you. She will help, though remember my words."

"There will be a price."

"She is the only creature left, whom might think of me as a true friend. Yet their kind are fickle, and may require convincing."

Zhu would turn around, and begin to leave. His task here were done, and it seemed none of them wished to know of their own futures, of less importance. Wise creatures, he would say. Most would be better of, never knowing.

"Think of me what you will, child of deception, yet know that I wish you the best. Same goes for you all. I pray that the day shall never come, when I need to intervene against you."

If there were nothing else, he would then leave. And if there were, he might answer. Though it would be brief. He needed to be elsewhere. He had one he needed to meet, whom interested him personally. The things he had seen with her were... Confusing, and he needed reaffirmation.

"*sigh* Of all the things, to happen today... Well, if it were urgent, I would think he would tell us, if he were already so open with details. It will not be long before we are meeting with Uddo and his family, and meeting my father, it will... I'll need time to process it, when it happens. As well as the slim chance that there is perhaps hope for him. If true, I will seize the opportunity, but it seems wrong to do now. I would be distracted."

"But would you not think about it, when we did meet Uddo then?"

"Well, yes, but I am used to pushing things aside. I can wait a few hours longer to go to the forest. Perhaps it might be dark, but it is not as if I do not traverse well in the darkness. One of the perks, and disadvantages, of being a thestral.

Still, this is a lot to take in, all of a sudden. I think I need to sit down."

Omen would use her tongue, to move the figurine away from the toilet.

"No, not there."

"Then why do ponies sit on it?"

"I'm still not doing this. I... *snrk* Of all the things to say...

Could we please go to the living room instead?"

"Is there a toilet there too?"

"I- You- Are you sure you don't grasp the concept of humor?"

"Yes. Why?"

Omen truly didn't get, how she were essentially teasing him, in a playful manner, without knowing it. This were just curiosity for her. That he were thinking otherwise, were frankly a little perplexing to her. A great distraction for the thestral though. Helped him center himself a bit again.

@Starforce

On 2022-03-19 at 1:03 AM, Magnolia said:

Magnolia smiles to Alluria. Her smile was one of warmth. She took a step forward and pointed to Alluria's cutie mark. "I like your cutie mark. Especially the little heart there." she remarked, enjoying the look of the little heart on Alluria's cutie mark. "But who knows what the future will hold for the both of us. We can only hope that will be the case, but hoping is not something we should rely on - we must act on that hope to create what we wish to see in the world." Magnolia spoke calmly before turning to Hoot.

"In my time, I were a skilled matchmaker, I would have you know. Many a couple would thank me for my keen eye on this matter.

Some I still assist, but few that are not of the family, deign to go here. So it is an underutilized skill. A waste, yet such as life, and unlife."

On 2022-03-19 at 1:03 AM, Magnolia said:

"A friend of mine who prevented me from going down a very dark path. She has her own pains as well. Greater than that of my own. She is not a zebra no, but she does know a lot of their customs." Magnilia spoke calmly. "Her presence here will serve her well, for her to find closure in what she seeks." 

"If it is closure one seeks, this is a good place for it. Though staying... Well, I will not be the one to dash your hope, Miss Sparkle. You may prove able to find space here, but in the end, you will need approval. Not only from Madamme Macabre either. Three of her highest ranking family members, will have to vouch for you too, as you are not family. But I've seen stranger things happen. I wish you the best in your effort.

Would you like for me to find you, when the owls return? You'll know they have gotten the messages through then.

I assure you, they will get through though. So if you have other things to think about, you can simply wait. I wouldn't know how long after getting the message, your family would decide to respond to it, after all.

Whatever you'd think best, Miss Sparkle."

Might be a town of death, and undeath, but it sure were a welcoming place. Hadn't been a rude one here yet. Beyond Soul, and he had behaved well enough. The rest had been either neutral, or friendly. Might be she were right, in this being a nice place to live. If she could get accepted, that were.

@Sekel @Starforce

On 2022-03-20 at 4:55 AM, Sekel said:

"Wouldn't it look strange for a flying bug, a ghost, a Princess, and her guard, all go on the train at once?"

"The manetid can follow the train, and Cherish can turn invisible, your majesty. There is little reason to worry, lest there are some aerial guards that follows this train, that I've not been made aware of. And I asked thoroughly, when came to Ponyville."

TO say she were unimpressed with the town's defenses, were an understatement. She found them all woefully lacking, and utter baffling, how a town with a princess, were so open and easy to target. She could make up at least five ways to sack the whole town, and kill everypony within, just in the first hour. Since then, she had thought of around twelve more.

Not that she'd ever do something like that. But to mount a proper defense, one had to think of what could happen. Complacency and ignorance, meant death.

On 2022-03-20 at 4:55 AM, Sekel said:

"Oh ... uh ... is that letter for somepony here? The only one that really lives here is me, Twilight Sparkle, my assistant Spike, my apprentic Starlight Glimmer, and well, now, a ghost named Cherish, a bug named Drone, and my guard named Last Stand," Twilight told the owl slowly before turning to the others. "I wonder if it understood all that," she chuckled lightly.

All the owl cared to hear, were who Twilight Sparkle were. Soon as that name came up, Trench would jump forward, and relinquish control of the scroll to her. Twilight would have free access to then read the letter from her elder sister, though if she believed it or not, were hard to say. It would regardless, have directions to the town they were headed, so truthful or not, there'd be usable information here to find.

As for the owl, she'd look at the princess expectantly for a few seconds, then shrug, seemingly disappointed. That is, until Last pulled something from her saddleback, that made the owl perk up, and gaze in the mare's direction. The thing in question? A small slab of dried meat, that she'd reach out to the owl with, who'd happily snatch it, and gobble it up.

"Krrthxkt. Didn't think you would carry meat, maiden."

"Phoenix problem. Easier to bribe them with rabbit meat, than to try and chase them off."

That is, long as nopony told Fluttershy. She'd probably get in trouble for that, even though she only used wild rabbits, and not that aggressive bunny she hung out with. Nor the pink one. The dragon had made it quite clear what would happen, if she tried, and Last would rather not be buried under a mountain.

=============================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"That's good. I'd really prefer not to have to separate you two. Or have to detain you. Which wouldn't be personal, y'know? Just... The law's the law, and this place gets enough weird attacks as it is. The stories one hear, yeah?

Now then, what say you to join us all in the shop, and we'll have a nice chat. Might be we'll be able to learn a fair bit from one another."

"Actually, speaking about learning things, maybe I should go get Scarcity, and bring her here, if she have time? Or ask if she's heard something yet? I guess it could save a bit of time."

Stare would offer this, but it were up to Dazzle, if she wanted to accept it. Either or, the ones there, would be invited into the candy store, ands past the rows of inviting, delicious candy, set up in boxes, gift baskets, and so on, and so forth. The whole place had a surprisingly elegant and shimmering look over it, considering this were Ponyville. Even had some class, with the register being one of the olden kinds, with noisy buttons, and the classic *Ding* sound, after every transaction. Troublesome and clunky to some, as well as expensive, but Pop had wanted one of those, for longer than she had the shop. Finding one in good condition, hadn't been easy, but it were well worth the effort, and expense, in her opinion.

The back room wouldn't be far after that, past the kitchen itself - spotless, and almost shining on every surface, to avoid issues with health inspectors - and there they'd have it. A nice room with some chairs, and a fridge, where one could sit and chat. Not a lot she used this, as she often had to be in the shop itself, but Pop did enjoy a few moments here, on occasion.

This however, wouldn't happen if Kaltrops felt threatened on his pride and masculinity, and decided to attack. In which case, Benny would instead have to wrestle him to the ground, to stop him from doing something dumb.

==========================================================

@Sekel

"Hehe, no problemo. And if you're thirsty too, then here, have a barrel for the road."

She'd snap, and a small barrel, like the one that Happy had gotten, would go on top of Aurora's back. This one held in place, by some string wrapped from the side, and down under head belly, to not impede her wings too badly. Despite not asking, the others would get one too, now that she were at it, and afterwards, she'd grin widely to them all.

"Been fun. If you want more fun though, remember where we are. I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind some more visitors. Hehe, but here, lemme help ya outside."

"You don't have to."

"Too late. Bye!"

Before they could react, they'd all get a strong vine wrapped around their torsos, and yoinked backwards. And then, in an instant, they'd be stumbling backwards in the forest, with the castle looming in front of them.

There were little logic to how they had gotten this far out, with a simple pull, but... It was a draconequui. Logic were a luxury with them, not an assurance.

===============================================================

@Sekel

"Best you keep an eye on them."

Enzo would watch too, of course, but inside the hut itself, he had little agency, considering he were far too large for it. As such, when Karmic had gotten down, he'd move to the side, of out the explosion zone, and would lay down on his stomach. Head held high though, and watching them, like a mother cat, watching her kittens.

As for Blitz, she'd start to rummage around gleefully, trying to find something useful, that she hadn't already taken with her. And in her search, she'd eventually find a weird looking fireworks display. It looked chaotic, with small towers, twists and turns, and seemingly no theme to it. It looked like the way that Discord imagined a miniature town should look. Just minus the horrified villagers.

"Ooooh. I thought I had run out of this! Come on, this'll be fun!"

She'd bounce outside, happy as a clam, and put the display on the ground. Then she'd use her magic, to light the tip of her horn up, with a small ember, and set the fuse.

After that, it were a mere matter of falling back, and letting it fire off. Several blasts would happen at once, with some others delayed. Related likely to how it looked, with different things in a chain reaction of sorts. And as for what it would look like, it would fire off a glittering rainbow in the first blast, then stars, a moon, and a sun, would explode around it, as it slowly glittered away, and faded into nothing. The whole display would be around a minute in length, from the first blast til the last, and showcase a few other things. Like crude figured of ponies, or feathers. Looked like it were a sort of experimental unit, rather than something utterly coherent. Something to test if she could paint a picture in fireworks, so to speak.

=========================================================

@Kujamih

"Toasty and Cali, on adventure. There will be peril. There will be sunset. And there shall be bread!"

Toasty would let out a giggle, and fly around Cali. Though a little further away, once she noticed the crystals, and didn't want to get too close. It sounded like bad times if one tried. Certainly felt like bad times too, in the other dimension. Much yuck, wouldn't recommend. 0/10.

"We'll have so much fun, Cali. Don't you worry one bit."

Meanwhile, Shark would look confused to Kujamih, as she were pondering his answer. It had sounded like he were trying to say something, but she wasn't sure what. His way of speaking were still a little complicated for her, seeing how she were still new to this whole *higher sapience* thing.

"So... Not mate, but friend, yes? What other things mean? Strange words."

"He's asking if you'd like to be his mate."

Shark's eyes lit up, now finally understanding. As to her answer? Well, she perked up, and gave a huge smile, properly showing off her razor-sharp teeth, and seemed rather giddy.

However, she didn't answer, as much as swoop around Light, singing her teeth in a big chunk of tail hair, and then start to drag him off. She looked mighty happy about it. Humming away, with his tail in her mouth, and good luck for him to stand his ground. She were rather strong, and if she wanted to drag him off to who knew where, he'd probably be better off using words.

"I think that means yes. Hope you wanna have lots of pups."

He might want to talk to Shark about taking things one step at a time. She were a shark previously, after all. She didn't grasp that dating, and such, were a thing. When she talked about getting a mate, she meant it rather literally.

============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

21 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"And sure, I doubt I will remember what we forgot, and since business is really the only reason for me to be anywhere, we could as well return to my house where the books are, I could also see if there's anything that could help with the whole magic thing." 

"Sounds like we have plans then. But first, let's see if we can't get in contact with the birds former owner."

They would actually not have that much issue, getting into Las Pegasus again. There would be a halt, as they had to pick up the cart though, and there'd be asked questions about where the train cart they had been in had gone, and what happened. So Leviathan told them, that they had been derailed by an outside force, who fled the scene. Marley - the one who were signed to take the cart - had taken chase, but asked them to deliver it to his boss. Had the one they spoke to, not known of Spicy, it may not have worked, but he did. One of those who liked watching poker tournaments, so he had seen both of them. As such, he'd let them sign off on this, and after giving a description of events to a guard, taking notes, they'd be on their way again. Nice and easy, nothing bad going back to them.

As for the cart... Well, sadly, Leviathan had to strap in and drag that. Which she did not like, as this sort of thing felt beneath her, and uncomfortable. But at least it were magically made lighter, so it wasn't as bad as it could be. Even if the little bundle of scales would take a ride on it again. Which okay, would suck some, but she'd live.

She wouldn't ask Ruby to pull it. Unless she volunteered first, Leviathan would do it, and let Ruby at least, keep her dignity. Charir were best not to ask. He had his own things to do, and shouldn't be treated like a pack mule.

In any case, they'd be able to get to the casino without issue, and from there, it were just trying to figure out how to find the room where Spicy were sleeping it off.  Though to begin with, they may need to figure out what were going on, as the casino were draped in black cloth, from top to bottom. The only thing visible beyond that, the pictures of a harsh looking, elderly mare, glaring down on others from her portraits. Even in this simple depiction, she were clearly looking down on others, in more ways than one. Seemed like no light had shone in her life for at least twenty years, and she had made it her life's mission, to make sure that if she were not happy, neither should those annoying peasant around her.

The portraits had the texts *In memoriam* beneath, which seemed to indicate that whomever this were, were dead. And seeing how some of the staff would - when they thought no one were looking - would look up towards the pictures, and roll their eyes, she had not been well liked either.

"Hmm. Might be we've shown up at a bad time. It appears someone's dead."

====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I can understand that. It is quite different from what you are used to, and it makes only sense, that you need to readjust.

Though not as severe as your situation, I know some, of what it mans to getting used to suddenly have noise, and life, all around you.

In the Silver Valley, where I grew, there were once plenty of life. Nor just nature, but animals, my own kin, and frequent visits by the atazi. Sorry, I mean dragons.

That changed some years back, when the shards of the adatzne bow, seeped further into the river. Soon, all the animals that drank of it, began turning to wood. From the smallest to the mightiest, all who did not flee, would in time, become fully of nature, and the valley went silent. Even the noble dragons, would keep distance then, and only come, when they needed to harvest.

We still had eachother, as we drank of the morning dew, but then... They began to drink of the river too, and madness gripped them. For years, before the ponies came and found me, I were alone. Any sound I heard, were of my brethren, and that I had to run from. And as they were attacking the dragons, I dared not show myself to them, out of fear that they would think me afflicted too.

I admit to have been quite nervous, the first time I were to go into town. It took me weeks to try, and even when I first met all the animals, it were rather overwhelming. It were days before I felt confident enough, to leave my grove, and speak with them. Then in time, wander into town, and then meet you. This is the longest time I have remained in their settlement as well. It is a beautiful place though, in it's own way."

A sound were heard, and she'd turn around, to be greeted up high, by the odd, squirrel like creature, with the webbed paws and bow, that they had run into, during the draconequus' trial. She'd look down on her, curious, before jumping off the branch, and landing on Lyriel's back. It seemed she could feel something were different than the last time.

"Ah, hello little friend. Are you still looking for your companion?"

The mimic would nod, and chitter away, whilst making all sorts of gestures.

"Easy friend, easy. I can hear you clearly now. You needn't wave your arms so. You say you have yet to find her?"

From above them,. the mimic caught the eye of another creature, and it would dive down, aiming for it. Crow wouldn't try and harm the mimic though. Just scare it, to show a bit of dominance.

It got rather surprised as it got near though, and the mimic didn't run, but instead opened her mouth impossible wide, showing off the hundreds of teeth, in several rows, lining the little creatures impossibly large jaw. It would cause Crow to halt, then repent, by opening it's torso up. The vines and such making for it's shell, cracking open, to show a dark maw, with several grabber claws extending to both sides. The in the middle, several sharp, thin tubes would wriggle around, looking for something to jab into. All the while, playing a haunting melody, like a harmonika, getting tossed down a staircase.

This were too much, and the mimic would close up, and crawl under Lyriel's torso, to seek shelter. Crow would close up again after that, feeling rather satisfied with itself, and land on a nearby branch.

"Both of you, stop this. I will not have this type of behavior. From either of you.

*sigh* I am not the only one, noting a concerning behavior with Crow, am I?"

=========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"How convenient it would be, were it your colony he would run into. I suppose we shall wait and see. I for one, will be anticipating an answer from him, with greater curiosity now, than before. Which were no small amount, considering I find knowledge intriguing, and I knew nothing of your kind, before today. Either your kind does not wish to adapt to deserts, or mine just simply didn't have any of you."

It were not just for intrigue. Knowledge were quite literally power, and she for one, enjoyed feeling powerful, as well as being rather annoyed, when faced with something she knew little of how to deal with. Now these kobolds, she knew how to, in case she got into an altercation, to some degree. However, their adaptive nature, meant she could never be certain of them all, and due to that, and her general interest in Sheshka and Trox's well-being - Purely out of pragmatic reasons, she kept telling herself - she'd await further details with interest.

Now, on to the other subject at hoof... The potentially unfortunate event, of the murderous individual that had passed by.

"In case of trouble, the blame will always go towards outsiders first. We may not be the only ones here, but we are notable. Referring to Trox and Sheska, of course. I can imagine you two having more leeway, as your presence here seems more accepted.

It could well be handled, and I doubt we'd see lasting consequences, but it is just a lot of trouble to go through, regardless of the end result. And it will leave the local populace in an increasingly paranoid state. Not ideal. Neither is someone dying, I suppose."

It's not that she didn't care about a potential murder. It were simply that she were a bit in the camp of *How might this affect me?* first and foremost. So the fact that someone might end up dead, would be a distant third, or fourth concern. And at that point, she had simply used up most of her caring potential. Rather cold, one might say, but she were used to thinking of her and hers, before anyone else. That sort of thing would take time to correct.

"As for the guard, I could imagine him becoming a nuisance in this, if he truly wants to play against us. I do not trust he does not have ulterior motives, and may try to pin something on us. Which in his position, they'd trust. He's working for their guard too, and I cannot enter his mind. For all intents and purposes, there is little I can do against him, if he levies charges, annoying as it is.

Perhaps we should move with a small bit of haste. We may find we can solve this, before it begins. Who knows? Perhaps this shall be a feather in our hats."

There would be two directions to go outside. Towards the west, or towards the east. West would lead towards the bakery, boutiques, and eventually, the Apple Farm. East would take them towards the town square, marketplace, and train station. Their target had gone one of those ways, yet which one? Onache could scan minds, but she had little to go on, so they'd need a direction to start.

Maybe if they searched for clues, they'd notice that among the marks on the ground, from the creatures wandering here, there'd be two sets, that seemed deeper. As if someone had stomped through here. One would go east, and appear to be made of the classic claw marks of the griffons, albeit one of the hands were wider. A prosthetic perhaps. The one going to the west, were made by an average sized pony. The hoof marks were rather distinct.

They'd perhaps be able to find more clues if they'd instead chose to scan the immediate area, looking for something, though there were no guarantee, on the bustling street.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia smiles to Alluria at that. It was not something that she imagined - Alluria being a matchmaker and getting ponies engaged in romance. She felt far too similar to Magnolia, for her to imagine such a thing as that. But hey, everyone has their surprises. Magnolia is no surprise to that. "Well, I am sure you made many matches in the day. But for now, the true match to be made is one of family and not of romance, but still love all the same - a different love. One of blood. Of family love." she spoke calmly.

Magnolia would then turn to Hoot. "I have no doubt I will be able to find a place here. But, I would have to convince Zeehva to stay as well. That will happen in the future, no doubt. I know Alluria and Macabre would vouch for me, and my case is no ordinary case, so I probably have more of a chance. And yes, it would be quite appreciated for you to come find me when it is confirmed that the letters are delivered." she nodded thankfully. 

@Blitz Boom

Light was taken by surprise, that he could only jumble up his words and get quite flustered.

" I! Um! Now! What? There!? Okay? Wait?"

Light couldn't even resist Sharks pull since she was stronger than him, and he was torn between his decision. So he would be dragged by her like a caveman would... But the role was reversed.

Cali would just watch along and enjoy the view, giving a grimm smile towards Light.

"Smooth move indeed..." Cali heckled.

Cali would morph one of her hand and picture shark dragging Light into the bushes.

As they went into the bushes, if nothing would happen, they'd end up doing their business. A few minutes would pass by, an awkward cry would come out of Light.

" Iyaaaa~!"

Cali, who is analyzing from afar, still giving them their private time, would notice that, that was to quick.

" Wait... That's  kinda short right?" Cali asked the others.

" Hey shark, keep going! There's more stored up in that century old vergin!"

" h-HEY!?" Light screamed!

" Congratulations Anomaly. You are now a grandma." Cali greeted.

"And I guess I'll be an Aunt now..." She added.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-03-21 at 3:21 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"If things goes as I see they might, you may come to understand someday. Or perhaps, you will not, and it simply won't ever come to pass. The future is ever uncertain, and even when one can see all the possibilities, nothing is assured to go as planned. One can only increase the odds. You may well end up living the rest of your life, being part of nothing remarkable."

“I don’t know. It always feels like something big is going to happen, and not being able to settle down and go back to living a normal life leaves many possibilities. But I guess something has to happen no matter what direction it takes, and now, that big something involves Rosa. The best thing I could do is be there for him.”

Sen would nod toward Zhu, not quite a full bow, but he’d still acknowledge the seer’s presence and words before they parted ways. If the longma had a chance to ask about his future, it didn’t cross his mind despite how tempting the idea was if he ever thought about it. There were other pressing matters now, and one reading of the future was more than enough. He didn’t need to see one that directly involved him despite concerns about what went on back home.

For now, the longma would gently get his sister’s attention and lead everyone to the living room. Lin knew there’d be time to mull this over, letting go of the thestral and finding herself a seat. Unlike earlier, she’d opt to sit on a couch instead of the floor. Things were happening a lot faster now, and all of that only stirred more confusion, especially with the siblings. What they saw was difficult to watch, but if Zhu’s words meant anything, it’s that what they saw could happen, and they could likely do something to stop it from happening. Thankfully, Omen’s curiosity provided some measure of levity in this situation, even if it was only temporary.

“Everything that just happened flew by so fast, I’m not even sure what to make of it. All of it… it’s not easy to grasp and even harder to forget.”

“It’s one possible future, but if there was a chance of it happening, we should take it seriously. I don’t like the thought that it could happen to you, Rosa, or to anyone else here, even if we could do something.”

“I don’t think it’s the right call to decide now, but there's something more. You don’t trust Zhu. Did something happen before that made you think ill of him? Is that why you sounded so hostile?”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@EQ_Theta

7 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Everything that just happened flew by so fast, I’m not even sure what to make of it. All of it… it’s not easy to grasp and even harder to forget.”

“It’s one possible future, but if there was a chance of it happening, we should take it seriously. I don’t like the thought that it could happen to you, Rosa, or to anyone else here, even if we could do something.”

“I don’t think it’s the right call to decide now, but there's something more. You don’t trust Zhu. Did something happen before that made you think ill of him? Is that why you sounded so hostile?”

"I not that I don't trust him, that is my main reason for concern. Though yes, I do not trust him, because the reports I have seen, all paints a picture, of someone with an agenda, that is beyond what others could ever be aware of. It is why even the more skeptical elements of the consortium, had to acknowledge that he were a seer. Otherwise, how would he be able to predict, and prepare for something, which others would think mundane?

The bigger issue, is that his presence, always marks that something of importance is bound to happen. Less direct things, like reports of him being spotted in an area, or some tracks being found, are negligible. It only shows he have been observing. But direct contact is different. At that point, something will happen, and usually rather shortly after. 

Sadly I don't have any of those reports with me, but I can give some examples, that I do remember.

One hundred and twelve years ago, there used to be a dam, and not far from it, in a valley, a place called Harmony Grove.  Scripts showed he had appeared, and told a village colt, that *Nature cries, to clear her eyes, yet filth is all that rises.* A month later, the dam broke, and flooded the whole valley. The colt were one of few survivors. Over six hundred other ponies from that village alone, and more from the surrounding ones, died that day. Either from drowning, or by being smashed to bits by the roaring waters. And the colt? We know him these days, as Eldenbloom. The great poisoner of Manehattan. Seventeen confirmed victims, with several dozens more assumed. One of the victims own colts, would however, in time, become a prolific pioner in anti-toxin research. Likely his actual goal.

The remnants of the dam have been thoroughly checked many times, and most agrees, that it was age and neglect, that caused it to break. There were no obvious signs of sabotage.

Fifty-three years ago, a message were found scrawled on a rock, near the home of a weakened filly. *Harken thee not to light, for in shadows, lies truth.* A few weeks later, the town were performing a ritual, using a magic gem, that were radiating it's light over everyone. All were enthralled to see it, except for the filly, and a few of her friends. They averted their eyes. Those who did not, were bathed in an unnatural light, and petrified on the spot. The foals were left blind, and now live in the town, experimenting to find a way, to return everything to normal. Not that any can reach them. The whole place, is bathed in a bauble of light, and it seems as if no time passes in there, nor can anyone interact with it. They are like ghosts, though recent reports claims something feels off about the area these days."

He'd mention a few more. Not all of them bad, as some did give better outcomes, with many saved. Others, had death tolls even larger, and/or included horrific actions. All things he could have stopped, yet had done nothing to prevent. In some cases, seemingly ensuring they would take place.

"There were more, and some with more, or less, impact on things. The majority were not all that significant, in the grand scale, but I can imagine those, were the ones leading to situations that were avoided. For better or for worse, we cannot know, yet I find that his direct involvement, leaves me worried. Now more than normally, as it involves us. He claimed it to be for the better, and that it was to avoid things. Normally, I wouldn't take that as face value, but it sounded like you saw quite the thing."

Rosa would let out a long, drawn out sigh, and fall back into the nearest chair. Just closing his eyes, and trying to get his head straight about everything, and some idea of what to do now exactly. Everything had suddenly gone very... He didn't even know what to say about it.

It would be a minute or two, where the others could talk, before he opened up, and straightened his posture again. Having some minor semblance of a plan.

"Okay, here are my thoughts: We will proceed to the dinner with Uddo, and his family. Afterwards, I, and any who wishes to follow, goes to the Everfree. We have several gate options to get there, so it should be easy. Then track down this *Anomaly*, and then I'll see what sort of bargain she wants. What are your thoughts?"

@Kujamih

Things wouldn't be as exciting as they might think. Soon after the various sounds had happened, the bush would extend a pair of handlike branches, pull up its sides like a dress, and scurry off. Every time the branches rustled around, it'd give off a moaning sound, accounting for why things had sounded as... Suggestive, as it had.

Why Anomaly had made this? Who kn-

"Duh. It's cool, writer thing. Don't be such a stick in the mud."

Had happily forgotten she could do that...

*sigh* Anyway, Shark and Light were not far behind where the bush had been. Shark had halted, curious about what she had heard, as she brushed past the bush, and it started to make strange sounds. Now it were gone though, she'd shrug her shoulders, and then move along with Light. Her target? The nearby river.

If no one stopped her, she

"Hey! Shark! If you drag him through the water, he'll drown. That's not a way to use your mate. Not before you're done anyway."

"Done what? Mate? nono, not mating time. Is gonna take him home. Much... Waaaa-teeer. Water. Much water. Good for eggs.

Hmm... Not feel eggs... Friends not in egg seeeea-soooon. Season. Not egg season?"

Shark would suddenly find pause, and let go of Light's tail, then wander closer to him. Specifically, right into his face, nose against nose, and forehead against forehead. Their eyeballs could nearly touch, and it should be all he could see. Just her big, blue, curious eyes.

"When do friends lay eggs?"

Someone should probably tell her to use the word Pony more, rather than Friend for both actual friends, and ponies as a species. Either way, Light had a fun conversation to start here. Or Cali could take over. Better one of those than the alternative.

@Starforce

"You have my word, Miss Sparkle. Soon as they come back, I will let you know. It will take some time though. Maybe you should look around town, and try to get familiar with the family? If you're wanting to move in, it wouldn't be bad to get familiar with everypony. Maybe try some of her more trusted? As I said, she have a few more who'd have to approve you."

"I know whom we could go and speak with first. Geist Reaver."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? You know how she can be."

"Her son have been welcomed back into the town. She will want to know, and the news may warm a little of her frozen exterior. Especially when she learns, that my descendant here, assisted in the matter."

It were not by much, granted, but Alluria would still do her part in speaking well for Magnolia, and her contributions. As well as levy her own part, in Magnolia's favor. It might still not be enough, but it would be a chance at things. What came from there on out, would be up to her to make happen.

"Magnolia. Know that this is the path I think would help you, yet I am not to take decisions for you. Not in the matter of love, family, nor your place to reside. As we all do, you must make choices. Yet I will support them, best that I can. Long as they remain sensible choices, and not things of a horrifying nature.

Speaking of family and love, however... You spoke well, of what it meant for our family. I agree with you in that, but what of family of your own? Are there a stallion, whom I should be aware of too?"

Her eyes seemed to indicate, that she would be happy to help do a little matchmaking herself, and might have some possibilities in mind. Magnolia may have to clarify for the ghost, before things got a little awkward on that front, and then hope that she wouldn't be judged unfairly. Things had gone well thus far though, so... How bad could it go?

A question, that few actually wanted to get an answer to.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia didn't have anything to object to, with Hoot. What was said at Alluria's final sentence made Magnolia stop and look down at the ground a bit. She twisted her hoof awkwardly in the soil as she processed her thoughts. She was never one for stallions, as it were. Magnolia looked to Alluria a little awkwardly.

"I don't have a family. I never saw it worth the effort in my time when I wanted to focus on bettering myself the most I could. I...I have different interests than stallions. In the past, stallions seemed to act like they could control me or swoon me to be theirs - I don't want any part in that. My true love interest...is the one that I am trying to help out by her coming here to come to terms with the death of her husband long ago. She was the one who helped me out of my dark path...and I think she is the one for me." she blushed, turning away slightly in almost embarrassment. 

"I can't have a family, either - not until my own problems are worked out. But she's the one I wish to spend my time with. I would only hope she would feel the same about me, because I would have no-one else by my side who I would desire in that manner. I hope you understand." Magnolia sighed, not seeming like she wanted to talk about that currently. 

@Blitz Boom

"I suspect the purpose of our pets might equally be as different between Equestria and Harrowmark.  As a nation at want for the most efficient use of resources, pets likely serve many purposes in Harrowmark, hm?" the mare inquired.  "Our pets serve the primary purpose of companionship.  Affectionate little darlings to bring us smiles and a sense of responsibility, and gush with our love.  Hardly used as beasts of burden or any such thing," Dawn exchanged.  "So, you may find many a pet you encounter here in Equestria to fill the category of 'cute' and 'adorable'," as likely a case in their continual evolution to become even more cute and adorable to increase their odds of adoption into the world of being pampered.  "As for me, you're inside my pet," she motioned to the cottage all around them.  Then she thought about it honestly, "Well, more pet project, but to me it counts."  Rather confident in her words.  Not being a part of a family that owned a pet, her connection and need for such a creature never really developed.

A compliment, never a mare to let a compliment go unnoticed, even if to feed her own ego.  Dawn flicked her lush elegant silky mane with her hoof.  The pampered criniere bounced full and free, never breaking from it's stylized presence, "You're too kind," the mare gushed, radiant in her praise.  The cottage lights shifted to make the mare all but aglow.  

An out of left field inquiry.  Although she should have expected it, the beings of Harrowmark appeared all the obsessed with the love life of others.  "Suitors?  Constantly," Dawn rolled her hoof about before her dismissively.  "Stallions.  Mares.  Brief distractions.  Fleeting moments of puppy love, lust and curiosities.  No.  Nopony as of yet to deserve the right to claim to have tied The Mistress of the Underworld down.  Not even the right for an extended attempt to do so.  Nopony to yet make my blood boil or swoon in elated passion.  Difficult to experience such things even on the most passionate of evenings when one has an annoying itch in the back of their mind.  The knowing that every powerful, overwhelming emotion you feel... can be felt by your twin," the mare dragged her hoofs down her cheeks in frustration.  "He's never said anything before, but I can feel those judging eyes looking upon me even if I can't see them."

After a moment, the mare patted her cheeks, perfect and proper again.  A smile returned to her face.  "But worry not dearest Lily.  For while I am berated by undeserving suitors at every turn, I am always on the look out and most entertained by the thought of claiming one some day," the mare affirmed.  Fixing Rising up came first as her own options were near unlimited.  The lights in the cottage returned to normal.  She turned about and headed for the front wooden oak door.  Dawn swiped her hoof across it and the doors rolled through like a rolodex.  Different colors, woods, patterns and decorates flashed along at a quick speed.  Soon a lime green door with gold trim and matching winged horn knockers stopped suddenly before her.  "Shall we move on?" she inquired, but didn't wait for an answer or leave much choice as she pushed open the door.

@Blitz Boom

Shark's gaze would snap Light out of his panic and shock, and be replaced with calm and peace.

Light would be captivated by her curious look and fall in love with her deeper.

He'd give a gentle smile towards Shark, and calmly answer her questions.

" Well I guess you need to learn proper pony culture then? And I need to learn proper shark culture if we are to be together? Let's learn more about each other then shall we?" Light lovingly asked Shark.

Meanwhile At Cali's side...

" Dang! false alarm...no action..." She says as she holds a binoculars in her hoof and a tapping device.

"I guess you won't have grandchildren yet Anomaly... And I was already planning to take one as my student."

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-03-23 at 4:08 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I not that I don't trust him, that is my main reason for concern. Though yes, I do not trust him, because the reports I have seen, all paints a picture, of someone with an agenda, that is beyond what others could ever be aware of. It is why even the more skeptical elements of the consortium, had to acknowledge that he were a seer. Otherwise, how would he be able to predict, and prepare for something, which others would think mundane?

The bigger issue, is that his presence, always marks that something of importance is bound to happen. Less direct things, like reports of him being spotted in an area, or some tracks being found, are negligible. It only shows he have been observing. But direct contact is different. At that point, something will happen, and usually rather shortly after. 

“Well… those stories certainly left me feeling scared, especially with what you said about direct contact. Zhu speaking with us about you, combined with what he showed us… All the more reason why we should take this seriously.”

“And we should, Sen. It’s bad enough knowing what happened to our mother when she fell to despair. There’s no way I’m letting that happen to Rosa. We have to help.”

“I know we will, but all I’m saying is that we’re treading an unknown path. We make one mistake, and we could make a big mess that we can’t fix, one that all of us would be paying for one way or another.”

Frankly, the thought that Zhu would directly approach them at this time was something to be very concerned about. After learning a little bit more about the seer from Rosa’s stories, the siblings wouldn’t doubt any more. They’d definitely would try to avoid that dark future. Their absence from that vision was likely because they aren’t important at that point in time, but it raised some unfortunate implications. Whether it was a falling out between good friends or something worse, they’d rather not think about it. What mattered was that the future didn’t come to that exact scenario. 

Equally surprising is Lin’s conviction in the moment. She may appear to still be recovering from what she saw in Zhu’s vision, but it may have also roused something more. It seemed like she found a call to action, and in it was determination to see a good friend kept safe from a terrible future. The siblings would sit and ponder on the gravity of the situation before them and their uncertainties. 

On 2022-03-23 at 4:08 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Okay, here are my thoughts: We will proceed to the dinner with Uddo, and his family. Afterwards, I, and any who wishes to follow, goes to the Everfree. We have several gate options to get there, so it should be easy. Then track down this *Anomaly*, and then I'll see what sort of bargain she wants. What are your thoughts?"

“We’re with you, Rosa. No way are we going to let you do this alone. Since we’re still meeting with Uddo and Kiba later, let’s keep this between ourselves, yes? I don’t want them to catch on to something and start getting concerned.”

“I take it you know what, or who, we’re looking for, right?”

@Rising Dusk

On 2022-03-23 at 4:44 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"I suspect the purpose of our pets might equally be as different between Equestria and Harrowmark.  As a nation at want for the most efficient use of resources, pets likely serve many purposes in Harrowmark, hm?" the mare inquired.  "Our pets serve the primary purpose of companionship.  Affectionate little darlings to bring us smiles and a sense of responsibility, and gush with our love.  Hardly used as beasts of burden or any such thing," Dawn exchanged.  "So, you may find many a pet you encounter here in Equestria to fill the category of 'cute' and 'adorable',"

"I suppose, that it makes sense, that pets can be around for that here, with how much more you have to give of. Be it resources, or affection.

Pardon me if I don't trust all that I see though. Cats and moths, I can see being adorable, but most things I see, that is looking simply fluffy and adorable, are predators, where I come from. Clever little disguises, to lure in lesser predators. Maybe I can show you an example of such, when we are on Harrowish ground. From a safe distance, mind you.

It sounds nice though. Having pets, that does not need to earn their keep, to argue their presence. Maybe someday, I could get to try that too. I do like the idea of a Wicker Snake..."

She contemplate this a little. Rarely did anyone have snakes as pets, due to them being unpredictable, and not as frequently in need of eating, like cats were. Hence, they were not the best for keeping mice out. And wicker versions? Even more unpredictable, and would require a lot of training. But perhaps there might be an option there... A business idea for the wickermancers, perhaps? She'd need to seek them out, and find so herself.

An out of left field inquiry.  Although she should have expected it, the beings of Harrowmark appeared all the obsessed with the love life of others.  "Suitors?  Constantly," Dawn rolled her hoof about before her dismissively.  "Stallions.  Mares.  Brief distractions.  Fleeting moments of puppy love, lust and curiosities.  No.  Nopony as of yet to deserve the right to claim to have tied The Mistress of the Underworld down.  Not even the right for an extended attempt to do so.  Nopony to yet make my blood boil or swoon in elated passion.  Difficult to experience such things even on the most passionate of evenings when one has an annoying itch in the back of their mind.  The knowing that every powerful, overwhelming emotion you feel... can be felt by your twin," the mare dragged her hoofs down her cheeks in frustration.  "He's never said anything before, but I can feel those judging eyes looking upon me even if I can't see them."

"I thought that you would know ways around such links. Perhaps there is some study I should bring back then, beyond what I had originally intended, that may be of some use for you. To a certain extend. And he'd definitely be aware, but depending on the circumstances, I would think him understanding of the fact.

I do find it funny, that you react much like he did. Hmm... Understandable though, to some extend, I suppose. Mayhap I am pushing a little, but to me, it just seems a pity, that neither of you, would have someone to returnhome to, after your endeavors. Him more than you, as you at least seem to have your parties to go with. He appears mostly to simply have his work, and then otherwise, remain alone. He should have a family that awaited him at home, and made him remember what he were fighting for.

As for my reasons to push you... A mixture of tradition, and me being about fifty years into the age, where I ask for grandfoals. My daughter have done hers, but old habits die hard. Besides, you're not gonna stay young forever. And yes, I am well aware of the irony, in what I am saying here.

...Now if per se, I were to introduce you to some eligible young stallions, what might your response to that be? I might not be around others, but I scry things, know a few faces here and there. Crown Prince Necrotic is still unwed, to mention but a readily available example."

A bit of a hint with a wagon-arm, but hey, never knew, if she didn't try, right? And it were well worth trying in her opinion. Dawn deserved a worthy suitor, and while it did not have to be a prince, per se, well... There were no harm in airing the possibility, right? The crown prince were young, eligible, and not too bad looking, if she might add that. An heir to the throne, and a powerful magic user in his own right, albeit not as much as Dawn, of course. Considering Dawn's blood, Lily felt certain that Queen Magenta, and Prince Hayworth wouldn't mind entertaining the thought.

After a moment, the mare patted her cheeks, perfect and proper again.  A smile returned to her face.  "But worry not dearest Lily.  For while I am berated by undeserving suitors at every turn, I am always on the look out and most entertained by the thought of claiming one some day," the mare affirmed.  Fixing Rising up came first as her own options were near unlimited.  The lights in the cottage returned to normal.  She turned about and headed for the front wooden oak door.  Dawn swiped her hoof across it and the doors rolled through like a rolodex.  Different colors, woods, patterns and decorates flashed along at a quick speed.  Soon a lime green door with gold trim and matching winged horn knockers stopped suddenly before her.  "Shall we move on?" she inquired, but didn't wait for an answer or leave much choice as she pushed open the door.

"It's good to hear. And if it gets too pushy, do please bear with an old mare, and just tell me to ease it up.

But yes, for the time being, let us move on, and see to it that your family is prepared. There will not be much longer, before we are called upon, and I hope all shall be prepared by then. Have they even half your sensibility in what to wear, and preparations, I shall think this a trivial matter for them.

A blessed day, dawns upon Harrowmark. I shall look with awe as you partake in that, and see before you, a fresh market, of beings to trade with. I still think you will find it a most... Intriguing, clientele."

She could talk for hours on end, but Dawn were right of it. It were time they moved on. They still had things to do, and it were best to see them done, before they'd suddenly find themselves interrupted Best to have all loose ends dealt with by then.

And whilst her countryman were still unknowingly a prisoner, of Rising and his compatriots, they might want to prepare too. Sooner or later, he'd have to return home too. Lest they planned on burying him here, in Equestria. Wasn't like he were alive, technically. Mostly a well preserved, unliving body, with the soul tied up in what cage, Twisted had trapped it in, and embedded into the stallions chest.

Still, burying the undeath were generally speaking, rather rude. At least while they were still technically somewhat alive.

=========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-03-24 at 1:22 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Well… those stories certainly left me feeling scared, especially with what you said about direct contact. Zhu speaking with us about you, combined with what he showed us… All the more reason why we should take this seriously.”

“And we should, Sen. It’s bad enough knowing what happened to our mother when she fell to despair. There’s no way I’m letting that happen to Rosa. We have to help.”

“I know we will, but all I’m saying is that we’re treading an unknown path. We make one mistake, and we could make a big mess that we can’t fix, one that all of us would be paying for one way or another.”

"If there is a price to pay, it shall be by me, and me alone. I will hear none of ideals of sacrifice from your part, for this cause. If there is a price to be made, I shall pay so myself, in full. You are my friends, and I treasure you. More than you may realize. And I will toss you from the forest myself, rather than allow any of you to fall prey, to whatever antics that creature may have. Fruitless as I know it is, since I cannot physically hide from her."

He'd wave a hoof towards Omen, who'd tilt her head curiously, at the gesture. She had seen that before, yet still weren't sure exactly what it meant. Only that it was meant to indicate others. Mostly her, when she had seen it, and usually with a lot of stuff happening afterwards. Though she didn't see any nets or the likes now...

"*sigh* Grand words aside, I doubt there is much to worry about. Draconequus are tricksters, doing things for their own amusement. I will likely have to offer up naught but my dignity, rather than flesh and blood. That I can live with, though I pray you it will not color me unfavorably, in your eyes. Or that she will do so, away from your sight, but knowing my luck, what respect I have gotten, will end up being hard pressed."

The things he had heard... His dignity would suffer for this, but if it might save his father twice over, he would do so in a heartbeat. He had already failed the old stallion too much, and with this act, he hoped to not do so again. Whatever the cost.

On 2022-03-24 at 1:22 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“We’re with you, Rosa. No way are we going to let you do this alone. Since we’re still meeting with Uddo and Kiba later, let’s keep this between ourselves, yes? I don’t want them to catch on to something and start getting concerned.”

“I take it you know what, or who, we’re looking for, right?”

"I intend fully to keep this from them, worry not. And Omen? I know promises means much to you, and as such, I would appreciate it, if you promised not to bring this up with them, or any others than us. At least until it is done. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes."

He were about to say a few more words, then brought his hoof to his chin, as a thought occurred to him.

"Let me rephrase that: Will you promise that"

"Yes."

"Good enough for me. Thank you, Omen. All of you, in fact. I cannot believe it have come to this, but knowing I have you all at my back, fills me with vigor, and determination.

As for what we are looking for, it is a draconequus. And from the description, situated in the old castle. Think of whomever it will be, as akin wo Discord. A mess of various parts, stuck together, around a core of mischief and chaos. We will likely not be in doubt, once we actually see her.

Yet that is for later. If we try and focus on Uddo, then pray tell, is there something you think we should bring? I am not aware, if it is customary for longma, to bring something to the meal, or the hosts in general."

===================================================================

@Starforce

Alluria would find pause, and simple look upon Magnolia, with neutral eyes, as the seconds ticked by. Hoot considered saying something, yet this were a tense, family moment. It was not his place, so he'd remain quiet.

"...Look at me, descendant of of my blood."

Magnolia would be made to look straight into Alluria's eyes, if she wished to or not. Potentially by having Alluria float down, and face her closely. She wished to gaze into her eyes, and naught would stop her from that.

"...Yes, 'tis plain to see that your heart flutters, by the mere memory of her. I cannot say that it is love that I grew up with, nor were told as ideal. Procreation should be strived for, as my own mother once so keenly said.

Yet these are words from another time. Simple and traditional. All I care for, is if you truly, deeply love her, and I see naught but confirmation of this, in your eyes.

Blood of my blood, you have my blessing, and if so needed, assistance, to steel your heart, to bring forth the question to her. I pray your endeavors in that matter will bear fruit."

Hoot yet remained silent, as he looked at Alluria embrace her descendant, though a small tear ran down his eye, that he'd dry off. Wasn't often he saw times like this anymore, but it never got old when he did. Such a lovely sight to witness.

"I shall look forward to meet this mare of your heart, though from what else you have said, it seems she have a large burden to bear, meant to be heard by the Macabre Clan. I would think it best to wait to unload your heart, til this have been addressed first."

It were not what Alluria had in mind, nor what she personally would think proper, but her own preference, should not dictate Magnolia's life. She wished for love, and her heart had found one, for whom it fluttered. That were precious, and should be treasured, not shunned by old ideals, from a spirit like her.

=====================================================================

@Kujamih

"*gasp* L-eeearn. Learn. Learn of mate, yes! Want to learn much."

She'd start to give her own details, about shark culture first. Which would be covered really fast. Sharks didn't have a culture per se. They swam mostly alone, ate fish, and only really grouped up in large numbers, during mating season. The way of shark offspring were also mentioned, yet that were for him to listen to, and give some back on. She were more pony than shark now, so she would have to hear of the equine way instead.

She would likely welcome hearing anything really. She were so happy to be part of this dry world, and wanted to see and hear everything there were to learn about it. Pony culture were her new future, and she wished to embrace it as best she could, to be like them.

While they went over the finer details, Anomaly would shrug her shoulders towards Cali, and deal with her questions. Seemed like a good distraction.

"I wouldn't have had grandkids anyway. Shark isn't one of my kids, she's a creation.

See, creations? Eeeeeverywhere. To be a kid of mine, you have to be like Rose and Henry. Grown randomly, when I accidentally leave a body part, or organ somewhere, and then grow up to have their own shape, form, and powers. Toasty isn't like it either. She's a part I split up, to send elsewhere. When she wanted to change, I took back most of my magic, then morphed into her ideal shape.

That being said, she's definitely gonna end up with a lot of pups, I'd wager. SHe seems to have the motherly instinct."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

In Magnolia's eyes, Alluria could see through any exterior realities that Magnolia would project by a mere look. Most wouldn't see beyond such barriers, but Alluria can. The naked, whole truth was that Magnolia was deeply made nervous by such a question of what lay ahead but she knew what she had to do when the time was right. Magnolia's eyes were ever so slightly blurred with tears - but she did not cry, because she were strong.

"...It means a great deal to me that you would not only respect - but support my decision. I am not against stallions, mind you...perhaps in another world if I had never met Zeehva, I would have wanted one by my side eventually - but what matters is the here and now. What we can do with our actions, and to connect each other with stronger bonds - that include true love, as well." Magnolia said, having willingly looked into Alluria's eyes.

"Thing is that most have to understand is that Zeehva saved me from a very dark path. If I had not encountered her, I would have harmed many ponies in my quest for my voice to be heard in a crude, and vengeful way. She is the one who showed me a different path. Not one forged by battle, theft, and servitude..." Magnolia paused, breaking Alluria's gaze and looking off into the clouds above.

"But by talking. Simple. Talking, yes. How simple such a thing is - yet so many forget the meaning of words." she said smiling up at the clouds and then looking back into Alluria's eyes. Oh, how she could never tire of looking into those ghostly eyes.

@Blitz Boom

Cali would reply to Anomaly disappointingly.

"You need to grow up... Learn to love your creation, call them your own. Maybe then you might learn the true beauty of you powers and not be careless.... Just as Discord has... You don't want to be out done by him if I recall..."

It seems Cali knew stuff that she shouldn't have been able to, which was quite weird.

Meanwhile

Light would diligently learn Sharks way and Blush and try not to be awkward when it came to pups making.

" I guess it's my turn to teach you some pony culture then... We, that includes you too, use hugs and kisses to show affection to the ones we love."

Light would slowly show Shark how a hug would be done. Usually sharks are cold blooded creatures, but to Light, she is his warmth.

The kissing part was a bit hard for light as he would be shy about it. But if he would turn down this, he might and up showing to shark that he doesn't truly love Shark. So he mustered up his courage and gave her a gentle kiss.

" Ahmm that's how we show love..." Then Light remembered that shark is not really the brightest creature out there so he would try to correct himself.

" You only do this to your mate and your pups okay shark? I would be extremely be jealous if you do it with somepony else. Ahmm."

" But I think we need to go to a school to learn even more and properly. I'll go ask Anomaly for assistance."

(If no further intrusion or major event would occur)

Light would heed aid towards Anomaly to help them get into a school.

• Brohoof 1