Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom
"You get used to it." Ruby said to Leviathan, she had learned in this short time to filter out nonsense from Marley's speech....or well, she had always been good at ignoring others, it didn't exactly take lot of practice to do that to Marley. She didn't comment on Marley's words as while there was a lot, he didn't actually say anything meaningful that would require a response. 

After the tussling, Ruby and Charir both sharpened their senses, and while Charir was curious and bit concerned after there was nothing to sense, Ruby seemed to be mainly annoyed "If it's one of those foxes again I swear..." she then said something to Charir, that based on him responding with a nod, was an order or something similar, though after it he just continued looking around like he had been doing the whole time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarecrow's thoughts left the situation at hoof for a moment after the conductor mentioned jesters, that was a word that gave him a mental image of what it was, but again he couldn't pinpoint if it was from before or after his unknown fate, he would stay quiet for a moment even after they started heading towards their next destination before speaking "I wonder how long time has to pass for something to not be around 'these days', I vaguely remember seeing jesters at some point of my existence, but I'm not sure from when that memory is, so I wonder if it's from the time they weren't a rare sigh."  he was more thinking out loud than expecting an answer, since he was aware that Lyriel was relatively new and thus wouldn't necessarily know much about the history of ponies. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ex-princesses to be exact, they don't use that title." Trox corrected "In fact, nobody uses titles, Dragon lord for example, doesn't exist anymore there, last Dragon lord was overthrown by the sisters hundreds of years ago." "Which one exactly did that, that we aren't sure about, the official history wasn't exactly the most truthful explanation of events." "From what we have heard of this place already, you probably recognize the name of our lovely ruler...." 'lovely' was said with so much sarcasm it could almost be physically felt "....Nightmare Moon." 

"You are actually the first local member of The Royal Guard who we have met, so, which one you'd say is better representation of the average guard here, you, or the uncaring half-machine from our Equestria?" it was a genuine question, they wouldn't necessarily blindly believe the answer, but they were curious to know Benny's opinion on it, because while they didn't like guards, Benny seemed genuinely good creature, and some things were so hard to fake that it was most likely not an act, though they had healthy amount of distrust still.

@Blitz Boom

“Flowers that record voices are a thing, I assure you. Tell you what, when we’re done with the next game, I’ll quickly head back home and grab the one I last saw. Elder Ghilan keeps the one we know of with him. Surely he won’t mind if I borrow it for a while…” 

“It’s odd, but perhaps you’ll believe if you see and hear it for yourself. Thing is, it only works for one recorded message, and it can’t record something long.”

“I suppose there is truth to what you say. Sometimes, life just won’t be fair, and something untoward might happen to anyone. Preserving knowledge through other means has its merits. I don’t think you’d have trouble convincing the longma back home about putting knowledge into writing. It’s just not widely used.”

Though writing wouldn’t be out of the question for the longma moving forward, the question lies in where the materials for preparing things like paper or ink would be gathered, and if it was possible to create those in large amounts. Respecting nature is always at the forefront of the longma’s thinking when using natural resources. The only plausible thing that could work is if the source of raw materials came from something as abundant as grass or tall plants with wooden stalks. Based on what scrolls and were already made, the fibers used yield strong paper. 

The siblings would continue waiting and further discussing the merits of preserving knowledge, but this was interrupted by a gate forming nearby, but nothing would come off it. It was only around this time that another one would open behind Rosa, giving him quite a surprise. Even Lin found herself hopping back at Omen’s sudden arrival before smiling and catching her breath.

“It was amusing and pretty funny, Omen. Nicely done.” Sen replied as he attempted to stifle his chuckling. Admittedly, he’d call that a good attempt even if he saw what was happening before the Ki’Nathar made her appearance. “You mentioned a pony with many chains. Was he or she someone you met when you returned the doll earlier?”

@Windy Breeze

Sorrow would hold up the large rodent skull around her neck, with the pale wisps floating in the empty sockets as if they were eyes, seemingly focusing on Cimex.

"This is Legion. Silly thing sometimes likes it when I put butter and stuff on their teeth, so they can get a taste of stuff. Hehe, isn't it funny? They don't even have a lower jaw."

There had been one once, she were told, but the movement of it had been deemed too unnerving for grandmother, so she had hid it somewhere. She said that Sorrow might get it one day though, if she and Legion grew strong enough that its voice could be heard by the regular living, since then the lack of a jaw would make it weirder. But that were probably some time off. They both still had a lot of maturing to do, and their bond needed to solidify more. A fair bit of her family could usually get this done - with training - in relatively early years, but Sorrow were one of the weaker of their family. She needed patience.

As for Windy... She wasn't sure who Blitz were. Maybe it were some sort of Wonderbolt terminology? Either way, she were still acting funny, which really helped to lift the mood.

===========================================================================

@Starforce Glimmer

On 2021-06-01 at 11:39 PM, Magnolia said:

"I see you still have my magic there. I wonder what you think of my magic, and what possible uses it has." she spoke somewhat cautiously as if afraid to tread on Zeehva's doings here but she was pretty curious about it, for sure.

"I don't know really. I just try and gather up what little is around us, so I can use it later. I'm kinda used to just grabbing whatever's near when that is. Sorry."

Zeehva would pull up the vial that had the singular, tiny droplet of raw magic from Magnolia, and poured it out of the vial. It would hit the ground, or perhaps be absorbed by the mare again, she didn't know. Though either way, it'd then be out of her possession, and Zeehva would continue to get a few droplets here and there at times. Though now more aware to not scrape any of Magnolia's magic off any surface it might still linger on. She didn't want to cause offense here after all.

"I'll try not to do that again. I just tend to kinda... Gather what I can get hold of. Most everything can be useful one way or another. Maybe I can show you that later, when I'm mixing potions?"

On 2021-06-01 at 11:39 PM, Magnolia said:

"Let's just get something simple. Perhaps a salad, and some sort of snack. How about that?" she'd ask and sip the rest of her cinnamon coffee cup and smiled, enjoying the taste in clear satisfaction.

Zeehva would study the sign, looking over the various things they had on offer.

"A couple of salads and brownies isn't too expensive. We already got something to drink, so is that okay? They seem to have hazelnut, chocolate, and caramel brownies."

Once magnolia had made a decision, they could get in line, and wouldn't long after have their food with them. Ranch were a free optional, so if she liked that, magnolia only had to ask at the counter.

=====================================================================

@Starforce Glimmer @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

On 2021-06-02 at 2:01 AM, Windy Breeze said:

Meanwhile, Blue was panicking when she wasn't able to stop Blitz from doing her experiments, not registering the pain she felt from her back when she was forced into a wall of debris by the explosion. Blue quickly approached Blitz, “Are you okay!?” she asked.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, hehe. Are you? I didn't know it'd go kaboom. I just wanted to see if it'd be a power thingie. And there were power, but not good for the machine. Nuhuh. Way too big."

Blue would have gotten there a little before the guard, but as she arrived, she'd grab the filly, and carry the wriggling thing down from the pile. She still wouldn't say a word, but as the filly started to bounce around her, giggling like a regular, innocent filly, she couldn't help but get rather nervous. She had been trained in dealing with the ability to harm, and the sort of cruel mind that would want it, but this filly were clearly dangerous. As well as having the mind of an innocent, regular foal. She wasn't really sure how to deal with that, as threatening, or drawing her weapon seemed wrong, and she likely wouldn't get a lengthy tale about laws and regulations. Best to just... Keep silent, and do as she were told. Which for now were just stopping anything that looked explosive, and keep an eye out in general.

On 2021-06-01 at 11:44 PM, Cali said:

"Molotov is safe and sound at the hospital. Just some minor injuries. The doctor said he will be taking at least 3 hours to wake up and heal under the doctor's watch. I feel like we should take a look around this town more. We won't be building anything, not without Molotov and the time is not right to do so at this moment." she spoke, retracting her wings as she glanced over to the actions of Luna and the Guards. She had missed something, apparently. 

On 2021-06-02 at 2:01 AM, Windy Breeze said:

Meanwhile, Luna had to fight the urge to facehoof. She was concerned for her friend in the scrap yard. She tried to run after Heart Feather, wanting to check up on Blue and Blitz.

The lead of the guards sighed a little, and shook her head at this spectacle.

"Thank you for the update on his condition, ma'am. Though if you want your friends along with you, you should probably go in there. The filly apparently caused an explosion, and sent them scattering a little. They seem fine, but they're all gathered up in there.

I know it's not my place to get involved in this, but I'd keep an eye on the little one if I were you. She seems... Driven. She may get hurt if she's not kept under observation."

On 2021-06-02 at 2:46 AM, Kujamih said:

" Hey Luna, if you want I can go check on blue and blitz for you... I'm pretty much sure I'm not help here."

"You should go with them too then. I think they're all headed in there, as it stands currently. It's good to see that you all appear to be caring for one another."

==================================================================

@EQ_Theta

20 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Flowers that record voices are a thing, I assure you. Tell you what, when we’re done with the next game, I’ll quickly head back home and grab the one I last saw. Elder Ghilan keeps the one we know of with him. Surely he won’t mind if I borrow it for a while…” 

“It’s odd, but perhaps you’ll believe if you see and hear it for yourself. Thing is, it only works for one recorded message, and it can’t record something long.”

“I suppose there is truth to what you say. Sometimes, life just won’t be fair, and something untoward might happen to anyone. Preserving knowledge through other means has its merits. I don’t think you’d have trouble convincing the longma back home about putting knowledge into writing. It’s just not widely used.”

"While I appreciate the offer, might I suggest that instead you get that, and we observe it elsewhere? There are a lot going on here at the carnival, and I am certain he would not appreciate that flower being broken by for example, a stray can accidentally going through the air, or someone bumping into you."

He'd work under the assumption that what they said were true, though he still remained somewhat sceptic. It just seemed a little outlandish and odd for him, that there were flowers with messages in it, though he'd try and be openminded. As well as cautious. They shouldn't be taking chances, when it came to important things from one of their elders. He got the impression that if it got broken, it would not reflect well on Sen and Lin.

"As for writing, therein lies another reason to befriend a creature using nature magic too. Better acces to trees, or other plants, would make it feasible to make the paper needed for an occasional tome, without it affecting the local flora too much. There are other options too of course. Parchment is rather sturdy, so if you could handle raw materials for that, it wouldn't be bad. There's just less that can be written per page there."

20 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“It was amusing and pretty funny, Omen. Nicely done.” Sen replied as he attempted to stifle his chuckling. Admittedly, he’d call that a good attempt even if he saw what was happening before the Ki’Nathar made her appearance. “You mentioned a pony with many chains. Was he or she someone you met when you returned the doll earlier?”

"It was one of them who stood around her. Many chains floating. Glowing. Minotaur took the doll. Said it were good I found it, then chain pony said I should leave. Tomb said I could open gates, so she said I should try this. Tomb gave her a strange look. Then no more smiles."

"It sounds as if Tomb did not appreciate the attempt at humor she were having. I will admit it were quite... Surprising to experience too.

Regardless... It is almost out turn, so you just have the time to see how this is done before we come up."

There would be one more group in front of them, with one of the members being the clear winner. A very nimble gryphon, stepping around and following the beat like he had done nothing but dance for years on end. At the end of the game, he even finished the last push down with a quick swirl, and stomped down the button perfectly with one talon, whilst raising his other hand up to do a pose. Got himself a good deal of applause too, along with a cheeky to his group.

"What you saw him do? Don't try that. Take value in mediocrity, until you some day show the sort of potential needed for this kind of advanced skill.

So, are all ready to try?"

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Foxes?"

"Kitsune class."

"Delightful..."

The way he looked and said that, it seemed that Marley were not a big fan either. Seems like those who knew of the creatures, weren't high on meeting them, though the sampling size here were granted, rather small.

There didn't seem to happen anything kitsune related though. No weird illusions, the forest didn't seem to shift and turn, or the sounds went quiet... Had just been a rustling bush. Maybe they were just getting paranoid from a lot of bad/weird things happening recently. Since nothing jumped out on them, that is what Marley would assume, though Leviathan remained unconvinced. A lot of weird things roaming the forests of Equestria for some reason.

Their trip would seem to go stable after that though. An hour of nothing going on, beyond Marley eventually whistling, and they'd find themselves in a large, open plain. The stretch before the Everfree Forest.

"Seems as if we are making good time then. Nothing but fresh, clear grass and a beautiful area with hardly a house in it, before we reach the Everfree Forest now. Not a place many wishes to live, as it is rather remote, but the view is rather stunning. Can't blame those who do like it."

He'd wave out towards the plains in front of them. Truly lovely, with the various few houses - three in sight - and far off, the forest itself. There were also the train track, where there were a single little shed, holding up as the marker for the stop. Not a lot going on here, but at times, those living here did need to go buy groceries and other things.

There did seem to be something else. Coming from the forest it appeared. A small dot making its way slowly towards them... Might just be a stone moved out of the forest though. Mating season meant some beings wanted to show off their strength.

================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2021-06-02 at 2:50 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I wonder how long time has to pass for something to not be around 'these days', I vaguely remember seeing jesters at some point of my existence, but I'm not sure from when that memory is, so I wonder if it's from the time they weren't a rare sigh."

"A latent memory? Curious, yet perhaps there are something to be found from it. Though sadly, I am not aware what a jester is myself. It's not something I've heard of before."

The dog would bark a little in response, to which Lyriel would shake her head, saddened that this did not help her much.

"I am sadly unaware what a clown is either. Perhaps it is best if we move along, and ask some as we arrive near the office. Though as you know the word, perhaps the outfit will resonate with you as well, when we see him? Perhaps it will unlock something within your mind."

It were unlikely, but perhaps there would be some hope to regain some of what time had taken from Scarecrow. Though if it would be a good thing for him to remember what once were... That were hard for her to say yet. For now, all she could do were follow the directions she had been given, and wander towards the mayor's office.

They would be near the door, when the dog would start sniffing around, and wag his tail. It appeared his owner were here, or at the very least had been at some point. That were a positive.

Lyriel would knock the door, but find no response. She'd attempt so a few more times, before a voice from behind them would inform them that they could just walk in. The secretary would be sitting ready inside.

Behind a desk near the front were indeed what looked like an overworked mare with glasses, going over a stack of papers, and barely noticing them before Lyriel approached, and knocked on the desk. Though she didn't raise her head.

"Greetings. We're looking for someone, whom we were told went here to speak with a guard of sorts?"

"There have been some. Sit in the chairs over there, and wait please. The mayor and Officer Stargazer are in a meeting."

He'd point towards some chairs, yet still not raise his head. Too much paperwork to finish for that. He didn't even notice there were pets in the group.

==========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ex-princesses to be exact, they don't use that title." Trox corrected "In fact, nobody uses titles, Dragon lord for example, doesn't exist anymore there, last Dragon lord was overthrown by the sisters hundreds of years ago." "Which one exactly did that, that we aren't sure about, the official history wasn't exactly the most truthful explanation of events." "From what we have heard of this place already, you probably recognize the name of our lovely ruler...." 'lovely' was said with so much sarcasm it could almost be physically felt "....Nightmare Moon." 

"Awh man, that's rough. Without a front figure of some sort, some of us dragons can get a bit rowdy. If they were outright killed by a pony that'd be a call to war. I can't imagine that went well, if the ponies are still in charge.

And I know Of Nightmare Moon, and that is all that I have to. I thankfully missed out on running into her. She sounded like a real nasty piece of work. Thank the elders that we have Princess Luna instead. I wouldn't have come to Canterlot for work if Nightmare Moon had been there. I like working for a good cause, you know? And whichever one of your evil sounding rulers were in charge, would have been a complete no go. Heh, maybe I could've made weapons for rebels in your world, though I'm guessing rebels are sorta... Destroyed. N-Nevermind."

Stumbling right into a dumb thing to say. Smart moves there Benny. How about cramming that foot further down the throat, so that he couldn't yap off again like this? That might be a smart move.

"You are actually the first local member of The Royal Guard who we have met, so, which one you'd say is better representation of the average guard here, you, or the uncaring half-machine from our Equestria?" it was a genuine question, they wouldn't necessarily blindly believe the answer, but they were curious to know Benny's opinion on it, because while they didn't like guards, Benny seemed genuinely good creature, and some things were so hard to fake that it was most likely not an act, though they had healthy amount of distrust still.

Hey, that was a good distraction. Bring up something he had no idea how to respond to. He'd take that.

"Uuuh... I... Don't know who or what you're talking about. I guess me, since I'm not a machine and all the guards I know are just regular flesh and blood ponies? And I'm a nice one, like most of the regular guards too. Always happy to help, though I'm of course gonna end up way bigger someday. Way, way ahead. I'm gonna need a bigger forge when that happens, heh.

I don't know if dragons work for the guard in your reality, but here, I'm pretty much it. I came around looking for work, once Pop and I got together, and the old forge master needed some help. I'm a fire attuned dragons, so scorching temperatures are nothing I can't handle, and blacksmithing is nice, honest work. I had to go through the ropes to get in, but it's been pretty good, and I get to meet loads of guards. So yeah, I guess I know enough to say I'm sort of a good representation, even if I'm a lil' bit scaly."

"Just the way I like you too."

Pop would wander in by then, carrying a bag of various things, which made Benny almost drool from the mere look of it. Though she kept it just out of his reach, before he grabbed hold of it.

"Ah ah. Not before you leave. Go put your armor on. I'm not having you risk anything, and you need the saddlebags."

Benny would have his time to leave then, and start rummaging behind. Lest there were something the others wished to say, of course. He'd linger behind to answer for sure.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia looked to Zeehva in the eyes there as if she made an offense against her, as in Zeehva doing something she shouldn't have been doing. Her eyes soften as she looked to her friend earnestly and her more neutral gaze turned to a small smile. "Perhaps we could experiment with my magic later on. It would be very interesting to look into the possibilities of your craft, combined with my innate talent." she stated calmly. Her eyelids blinked a few times, slowly. 

Upon the topic of brownies, Magnolia couldn't help but giggle slightly. A fairly innocent word, and she hadn't had brownies in a long time. Perhaps never. Her thoughts of the past were fairly eclipsed by her present thoughts, occupied by the idea of enjoying a nice warm chocolate brownie with her loving friend. "Chocolate sounds good. I want chocolate." she smiled innocently at the statement.

Once they were in line, Magnolia tapped one of her front hooves in anticipation of her order. 

@Windy Breeze @Kujamih @Blitz Boom

Cali looked to the guards and would acknowledge the guard's statements on Blitz. She knew very well what Blitz was capable of. It was time to leave this scrapyard, and she would keep watch over Blitz. She felt some sort of obligation within her to keep the filly safe and out of trouble, as a way to honor Molotov of course.

With that in mind, she turned to the group and took upon a bit of a harsh glare and almost stern stance. "Alright! Time to leave, how about we head off to say, some sort of historical place? Perhaps some sort of visitor center so I, and errr....Light over there can learn more about where we ended up." she said, looking to Light with a slight glare. She was rather firm and well assured in her decisions. 

She felt like a leader. 

Light would glare back at Cali and just give a shrug to her suggestions.

f06.gif.ce1edb90f59b1f37ff57386c9936d723.gif

" Let's go complaining will get us no where I guess.... And I think blue needs our help..." 

Light then would follow along where the group is headed.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“I’d expect myself to be poor at this game at first. It’s like what happened back in my story earlier… Not a good dancer, even if if was taught to be quick on my feet. Here’s hoping I get through this without tripping over myself."

“You know, you could always go slow, right? Get yourself used to how the game works, then pick up the speed?”

“That’s exactly what I plan to do. And who knows? Maybe I won’t make myself look bad up there.”

Sen wasn’t too thrilled with the idea that he’d likely be tripping himself over a game such as this. Looking bad wasn’t in his plans for tonight, though he was a little less off-put by it happening despite worrying about it. Between getting some advice from Lin, Rosa’s encouragements, and simply being in the company of good friends, he was feeling a little more comfortable, even if he was lacking energy. As for the flower, it can wait. They’d have to go back to the cave outside Canterlot to rest, which gives Lin some time to sneak the flower away from home for a while. 

Lin, on the other hoof, was just happy to be doing this. She’d even follow her own advice and take things slow, though she’s got some tricks she’d hope to pull if she got the hang of the game. If footwork was the key, then keeping herself agile would be the best thing to try. After all, there was that griffon from earlier pulling all those crazy moves. The longma knew she couldn’t do anything like that, but keeping to the rhythm was about as good as she could try to get. There'd be an opportunity to surprise if she could get used to the motions.

“No point backing out now,” the siblings looked to each other and nodded before turning to the thestral. “We’re ready.”

“How about you, Omen? Have you tried this kind of game before? Or dancing, in general?”

@Blitz Boom

"That makes an older sister happy to hear," at least that was one thing to check off her list of worries.  Advanced enough to move away from such arcanic traditions was good to keep note of.  Dawn had to keep in check her own pride for Equestria could easily be matched for Lily's own for a country now saved.  So fierce and fiery, full of a long history seen behind those eyes.  "So you have a daughter and adoptive granddaughter?  I look forward to meeting them," she expressed.  Still not quite sure how to handle the passing of her husband.  Normally one would give condolences, but Harrowmarks different take on death still threw the mare for a loop.  His passing might not have landed him where he desired from what little Rising shared about his experiences there.  Dawn would need to learn more before possibly opening up that old wound.

"I think that's more than fair.  A few hours of his year is well worth it for both Harrowmark and Equestria," Dawn accepted and was more than certain her brother would as well.  "Our father is wise for what he does.  He teaches the three Ps at the University.  Ponish, Poetry and Philosophy.  As you can imagine, he's quite the talker," a wonder how as the other stallion in the family, Rising was so quiet.  Of course though the older mare had to bring up foals.  Too much Dawn needed to accomplish to put Equestria in the right place before she had time for such things.  "That's just part of the mystery isn't it?  You never know what they'll become.  Our ancestry has no particular talent in magic and yet here we two stand.  Believe it or not, our mother is a Pegasus.  She was a famous Aerial Dancer in the Ballet.  No longer in her prime though, she teaches Aerial Ballet at the Manehattan Theater instead.  We have no other siblings. Just Rising Dusk and his evil twin Setting Dawn," she couldn't help but chuckle.

"No bricks," she confirmed.  She knew Lily was in jest, but now it was time to get her game face on.

Dawn's knock was answered by the dull thud of hoofs connecting with the old wooden floor from behind the door.  The soft clomp came closer to the door.  Good to know he was home, but Dawn already knew that.  The twins often enough knew where each other were.  The door cracked open and Rising head appeared in the opening.  It was clear he wasn't wearing his hoodie, a rare sight even for down.  The stallion still looked tired or at least well worn.  He lazily looked at his sister, then at Lily, then back to his sister.  A tired smirked appeared on his lips, "Learn your lesson?" Dawn rolled her eyes, "Ha ha, very funny.  So paranoid to ward your own home?  Not everypony grew up with you.  Hardly the point.  Debatable."  The twins chuckled together.  "Resting well on your little vacation?" she inquired.  Rising shrugged, "A moth goddess decided to visit my dreams."  "Harrowmark is coming, with or without your approval," she echoed Lily, even giving her a wink.  Rising simply gave her a tired look, "I'm aware.  I talked to Thistle a short time ago," his gaze drifted to Lily, or more precisely, the bauble she pocketed.  More than capable of seeing the magic tapestry of the scry spell lightly pulsating, even if muted somewhat by her cloths.

"We're taking you to the spa for some TLC.  Then we're going cloths shopping for you and Lily," Dawn's tone was firm and her attitude very matter of fact as if she was setting down a new law.  Rising sighed and leveled with his older sister, "Is that necessary?"  The elegant mare of course nodded curtly.  "For Equestria and your well being," Dawn said softly.  Rising clenched his jaw, holding in a comeback.  The twins stared at each other for a few moments before Rising finally spoke, "Very well."

On 2021-05-18 at 10:06 PM, Blitz Boom said:

@abrony-mouse

The path os withering were not grand, so the goats might not be as concerned as she may have hoped for, as only the vegetation that the creature touched would wither, and it rarely touched a tree long enough for it to show. Yet as Fuchsia were pointing towards the forest, it had been wandering slowly around a large tree, touching it for long enough to show the actual tree, once standing majestic, grow darker, as if the very life were being drained from it. Leaves fell, branches grew gnarly and scarce of bark, and in the end, a mere ten seconds after it started, the tree would look as if it were halfway towards death. It might still recover with age, but the rapid deterioration presented, should be worrisome, and likely draw eyes to the other trees that the creature had lingered on for longer than a passing touch, as well as dark trails where no trees covered the ground, and the dark lines of dead grass and flowers were somewhat more evident. Depended again on the route, and time of touch.

Regardless of that, Billowing would be concerned as he heard some less than pleased sounds coming from the goats. He didn't understand it of course, but the tone did not sound overly positive, and if her plan had been to rally them behind her, she may have overestimated things. Though he had wanted for her to take the reigns fully on this, he may have to actually get involved here after all, and raise his voice some, even if his head remained lowered.

"We came to warn you of this thing, which the temple spat out. But there are hope to fight it, and protect your young. Yet we need to divert this creature, to somewhere else that may trap it. A cave, to cave in, or a ravine to let it be crushed by stone. Something to slow it down, whilst you secure your home, and we work on solving this permanently."

He wasn't sure if they got this, but hopefully the gist of it were enough, or Fuchsia could translate. Because it seemed she had plans involving their aid, but they needed to actually get that too.

Fuchsia translated, gesticulating at the temple and making a throwing up motion and even falling to the ground with a strange bleat and flailing her hooves in the air to indicate danger. The goats bleat back. Many of the nannies bleat sympathetically but the rams roar angrily at them and at Fuchsia.

Eventually the leading rams lower their guard and indicate to a cave.

Fuchsia sighs sadly, large eyes taking in the many goat young with the nannies. "They say there's a cave.... but the rams are not moving. C'mon we better go set up the trap.... unless you can think of something to get the rams on board?"

@abrony-mouse

It were rather hit and miss for a time there. On one level, it seemed the females were understanding the issue, as Fuchsia translated, yet their race wasn't one where the nannies were often in a position of having the final say in things. Especially not regarding security, which were more of the larger, stronger rams job. And they did not look happy about this. Roaring, and what he assumed for a time, were either preparing to bash the two of them off the mountain forcefully, and/or accusing them of bringing this darkness near them. Which sadly, were something with some truth to it.

In the end though, she seemed to have talked their case enough to give them a small degree of leeway. Not enough to gain help, but enough to gain what it were they actually needed: A holding area.

"I can't, and I believe it best if we do not attempt to make them go either. We have stretched the limits of their hospitality as it is. We will set the trap ourselves, and then work on a way to deal with it afterwards. I may have to reach out to some contacts for help to make it go faster, as I can't imagine we will have much time, but we will have to take that as it is."

He would back away from the goats, and ensuring he still kept his gaze low, as he didn't want to rile them up further, and wouldn't turn around until they were some distance away. After that, it were moving towards the cave for them. Fuchsia would likely know the direction, and take them there, and as they arrived, they would find themselves with only minutes to go, before the creature would arrive. The sight of boars fleeing the area were a good indicator, though it didn't seem as if a mass of critters and birds were running. Perhaps they simply hid instead, or this unnatural thing were not as abhorrent to all of them?

"It won't be long, and there isn't time to really construct anything. My plan: We stand at the entrance, lure the creature near us, then jump aside, tosses it in there via a magical blast, and I will cave the ceiling in to trap it. Not elegant, but it is what I can see us having the time for, even if it means letting the thing get rather close to us. If you agree, it is a matter of urgency that we do not take unneeded risks. It gets to us, and we react promptly. Though this will stretch my already meager reserves to their max. I will not be able to cast more magic afterwards, and in all honesty, may well prove to be inefficient in anything requiring higher mental awareness for a time. If this succeeds, and it ends so, lead us towards Canterlot. I am know there, so if I am not wholly aware again by then, you find some who will help us to my domicile.

Unless you have a better plan? If so, we will need to act upon it soon. I sense it nearing us."

=====================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 2021-06-06 at 7:45 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"That makes an older sister happy to hear," at least that was one thing to check off her list of worries.  Advanced enough to move away from such arcanic traditions was good to keep note of.  Dawn had to keep in check her own pride for Equestria could easily be matched for Lily's own for a country now saved.  So fierce and fiery, full of a long history seen behind those eyes.  "So you have a daughter and adoptive granddaughter?  I look forward to meeting them,"

"If you travel through the portal when they make contact with Equestria, you will meet my daughter there. She carries the magic they need to establish the contact within her. She will still be near the portal when it have been made. And if Blighteye have not failed his responsibilities, she will be safe then. Weakened and uncomfortable, but alive and well at least. The extraction is thankfully non-fatal. I cannot say y meeting with Blighteye will be the same, if he failed her."

She'd tear him limb from limb, figuratively speaking. It'd likely be a whole lot more messy what she'd actually end up doing, if he caused her daughter's death, but she would give him some modicum of trust. Grumpy and annoying as he had always been, he were reliable. He knew personally the pain of losing your own family to the horrors that lurked around, which in times gone by, were what first made him end up as a town guardian, and he took this role very serious. If Sickle were dead when she arrived there, Lily felt certain that so would he be, in an attempt to save her.

Still, she were a worried mother. She'd be a little... Peeved and angsty, until everything were done, and she supposed, somewhat grumpy and stern in her own rights.

"I feel you will see much of Will-O Wisp though. The queen is just, and will not judge her for the sins of her grandfather, but the country will remain afraid, long as his line remains in the country. Barbaric as I'm sure you will find it, she is likely to be exiled for her own safety, as well as ours. Considering Equestria will be the first link with Harrowmark in centuries, and you seem accepting here, I will advice her to go here. It's far away from home, but I would think it best that she did not get anywhere near others who would know her, nor Twisted's pixie. Tough as it will be, it is the best for her, even if she will be in a bad state, once she learns the truth. *sigh* I hope only that I can help her understand it, and why it were hidden from her."

Lily assumed that what Rising had been told of Harrowmark, Will-O's heritage, and so on, were something that he had shared with his sister. It only made sense to her at least, as this seemed pertinent information, that there weren't much reason to be hush hush about. Though she did speak this only to Dawn, and not any other. Random ponies had no right or reason to hear this.

"I think that's more than fair.  A few hours of his year is well worth it for both Harrowmark and Equestria," Dawn accepted and was more than certain her brother would as well.  "Our father is wise for what he does.  He teaches the three Ps at the University.  Ponish, Poetry and Philosophy.  As you can imagine, he's quite the talker,"

"Huh. Haven't seen a poet for a long time, but it's good that you seem to have room for them. Literature of any kind, can be uplifting. Or if not that, at least a brief distraction from reality. At least what I've heard have been. I can imagine your poems are unlike those. Perhaps someday, I will meet your father, and hear what he preaches of that, language, and philosophy. That last one may well be amusing. I've only heard rumors of that kind of thing before, so it would be educational, I'm sure. I'm certain a little rambling wouldn't be overly hard to sit through either."

"That's just part of the mystery isn't it?  You never know what they'll become.  Our ancestry has no particular talent in magic and yet here we two stand.  Believe it or not, our mother is a Pegasus.  She was a famous Aerial Dancer in the Ballet.  No longer in her prime though, she teaches Aerial Ballet at the Manehattan Theater instead.  We have no other siblings. Just Rising Dusk and his evil twin Setting Dawn,"

"An oddity certainly, but if it happened to you both, then there might be something hidden within your parents. Something which brought together, unlocked potential. Though perhaps I am just seeing what is not there. It may well just be a fluke of nature."

She'd give a minor smirk at the notion that Dawn were an evil twin. She had spent enough time around the mare to know that while she were certainly devious and dangerous towards those not on her good side, she were far from evil. More of a trouble solver, who at times found it necessary to make a statement out of those who became a problem to herself, or those she cared about. That was less evil, and more of a matter of preemptively striking at dangerous elements. Lest she deal with it by slaughtering all who opposed her, but Dawn didn't seem the type.

"Learn your lesson?" Dawn rolled her eyes, "Ha ha, very funny.  So paranoid to ward your own home?  Not everypony grew up with you.  Hardly the point.  Debatable."  The twins chuckled together.  "Resting well on your little vacation?" she inquired.  Rising shrugged, "A moth goddess decided to visit my dreams."  "Harrowmark is coming, with or without your approval," she echoed Lily, even giving her a wink.  Rising simply gave her a tired look, "I'm aware.  I talked to Thistle a short time ago," his gaze drifted to Lily, or more precisely, the bauble she pocketed.  More than capable of seeing the magic tapestry of the scry spell lightly pulsating, even if muted somewhat by her cloths.

"We're taking you to the spa for some TLC.  Then we're going cloths shopping for you and Lily," Dawn's tone was firm and her attitude very matter of fact as if she was setting down a new law.  Rising sighed and leveled with his older sister, "Is that necessary?"  The elegant mare of course nodded curtly.  "For Equestria and your well being," Dawn said softly.  Rising clenched his jaw, holding in a comeback.  The twins stared at each other for a few moments before Rising finally spoke, "Very well."

"Awh, it was this easy? And here I were hoping to just knock you out and drag you with us."

Hopefully her tone would assure him that she were merely speaking in jest, though Lily tended to have a rather serious demeanor about her, so it wasn't always that easy to say if she really were just pulling someone's leg or not. In this case she were though. She weren't even carrying a brick, and the bauble she had to work with were far too fragile to be useful to knock him out with.

"Before we move on though, you say she visited your dreams, yes? It would fit with what we have seen. Thistle have been busy, gorging on souls sent straight to Viz'nay. Her appearance are reflecting this rapidly, and this visit of yours, just confirms that this is going fast. And speaking of which, they have taken a far more direct route than I anticipated. I thought they would avoid the haunted town, but they passed through it, and she collected the souls. They will be in Copperhagen within the next... 5-10 hours, I would assume. How long it takes from there until they want to make contact though, I could not say. There is much they should discuss, even if I can imagine her majesty would wish to meet you at the earliest convenience.

As for your attire, I am not forcing you to wear much. That's her job. Though I would like to know how you have spoken with Thistle. Did Viz'nay connect you? I would think even strong enough to speak with you, that this would be too much for her currently."

=============================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-06-04 at 4:21 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I’d expect myself to be poor at this game at first. It’s like what happened back in my story earlier… Not a good dancer, even if if was taught to be quick on my feet. Here’s hoping I get through this without tripping over myself."

“You know, you could always go slow, right? Get yourself used to how the game works, then pick up the speed?”

“That’s exactly what I plan to do. And who knows? Maybe I won’t make myself look bad up there.”

"Dude, after Fleetfoot, nopony's gonna look good."

The one in charge of the machines - a scrappy looking bat pony that looked like he were born mellow, and just stayed that way ever since, looked them over with a calm smile, whilst leaning up against the machine.

"Just do what your mate here says man. Chill out, go at it slowly, and just have fun. This ain't life and dead. Just a game. And games are meant to be fun, am I right? Try going for the simple steps, then try the whole combo when your feet are in it."

"I agree on the sentiment, though I am an overachiever. I am likely to try and hit all, and hit miss easy ones because of it. Regardless, I believe it is time to try. If nothing else, this will prove amusing to think back on at a later time."

"See? That's the spirit. Cruise through it, and have a blast."

On 2021-06-04 at 4:21 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Lin, on the other hoof, was just happy to be doing this. She’d even follow her own advice and take things slow, though she’s got some tricks she’d hope to pull if she got the hang of the game. If footwork was the key, then keeping herself agile would be the best thing to try. After all, there was that griffon from earlier pulling all those crazy moves. The longma knew she couldn’t do anything like that, but keeping to the rhythm was about as good as she could try to get. There'd be an opportunity to surprise if she could get used to the motions.

“No point backing out now,” the siblings looked to each other and nodded before turning to the thestral. “We’re ready.”

“How about you, Omen? Have you tried this kind of game before? Or dancing, in general?”

"Maybe. Master Discord used to call something dancing."

Omen would stand on one leg, pull the entirety of her tongue out, wrap it around herself, and then have the tip hit the edge of the machine. After that, she'd rapidly pull her tongue in, which would cause her to start spinning like a top in place, until she would inevitably slow down, and then put her hoof down. Didn't seem to have been much of a balance issue, and it did have a certain degree of impressiveness about it.

"Woah. Wicked." Ain't gonna help on the machine, but that's pretty cool."

Rosa would place ready on the machine after watching this, and yet again feel as if he had found the bottom of what Omen might do, just to have her retrieve a shovel. This time though, he found it best not to address it, and just stand ready, while beckoning the others over. When they were all ready, he'd instruct Omen to put a few bits in, and the game could begin. Starting with a simple front to back pushing needed, to the melody of... Yes, that was a DJ PON3 hit it seemed. So this were gonna be an energetic one. Though with a slow start.

There were a total of 35 points that could be gotten. (I will use a D20 to see how my chars will do) Omen would be slow and methodical, and intentionally miss ones close to one another, as she instead tried to for those spaced out. Rosa on the other hoof, would try and hit all, especially in the combos. He did have the reaction time for it, but this were still not a game he were used to, and the music threw him off some, so he wouldn't be able to do perfectly, and at times, would simply hit things too quickly, so it wouldn't count.

The whole song would be one minute and twenty-three seconds long. May the best creature win.

===============================================================

@Starforce Glimmer

"I can't say how well the two will mix, but there is probably some sort of application. Maybe to siphon off excess energy in a volatile mixture? We'll check it out later perhaps, yeah?"

It were true that sometimes, things got a little too far, even if the application of magic she added were rather tiny mostly. The volatile nature of new mixtures were like that, and usually, she just tossed it away before it caused harm, and tried to deal with the aftermath if something nasty grew out of it. She couldn't exactly claim to have never spawned a slime or five before, even if she didn't go around and talk about that. Those things could be nasty, though at least one of them had been a nice, helpful little blob. Had been with her for a few weeks, before she found a wild group of them, and it were drawn to its gelatinous brethren. She hoped it were doing okay.

The line wouldn't be long, and the transaction wouldn't take much either. They were among the last customers, and the pony running the shop seemed to be yawning, and excusing that, as her just really needing some sleep after a rather long day. Apparently, a good deal of tourists had come through earlier in the day, and now that it were slowing down, she could feel how drained she actually were. Usually how it tended to happen, once you were finally able to take a breather, and listen to your body. As someone who had several experience with the service industry, Zeehva could sympathize, and it would probably be good for Magnolia too. The mare were way too tired to pay much attention on her, and instead used it all to make sure they'd get what they ordered, while a bat pony entered, and got ready to take over for her. A welcome sight for her, certainly.

When they were done, and all were said and done, Zeehva would have a bite of her brownie - she had went with double oaths and vanilla, instead of chocolate like Magnolia - and count her remaining bits with a small nod of the head, before putting her almost empty pouch back in her saddlebag. There were enough, but she needed to get to work either tonight, or tomorrow. There wouldn't be much left in the way of bits to use soon, if they didn't. At least her potions could usually go for a fairly good price, considering the effects of some of them, though she had to keep gathering droplets of magic for that. And she were, even if no more of Magnolia's would be added. She had promised, and would keep her word.

"It looks good. Now we just need to find a thrift shop, or something like that, where I can find some containers. Though if you see anything sticking out of a trash can somewhere, please say so. It's not eh most hygienic, but most things can be handled with a good wash.

While we're looking around though, can I uhm... Ask you something? It's just... If you don't like that so many look at you for being pretty, then why do you make sure to not look flawed before going out? N-Nothing against thinking of your looks. I'm guilty of it too, I'm just wondering. It's okay if you don't want to say it though. I'd never force you to answer anything."

=================================================================

@Starforce Glimmer @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

On 2021-06-04 at 12:27 AM, Cali said:

With that in mind, she turned to the group and took upon a bit of a harsh glare and almost stern stance. "Alright! Time to leave, how about we head off to say, some sort of historical place? Perhaps some sort of visitor center so I, and errr....Light over there can learn more about where we ended up." she said, looking to Light with a slight glare. She was rather firm and well assured in her decisions. 

She felt like a leader. 

On 2021-06-04 at 12:48 AM, Kujamih said:

" Let's go complaining will get us no where I guess.... And I think blue needs our help..." 

Light then would follow along where the group is headed.

"Pardon? If you want a historical place, there is the Museum of Equestrian History. It's the largest building on Goldenmane Street, northwest from here. If it's an information center of the area,you could go for the information booth on the intersection of Hoofington and Gemcraft. It's in the center of Manehattan, and they can help you there finding out something. If you're more about current events, the Courier's Guild have a branch here in the south. Big building on Emberlane. Hard to miss, and they deal with a lot of news, gossip, and the adventurers board."

The so far silent mare would finally say something, as this seemed to be a part where she'd have something of value to say, though she wouldn't fight authority. If she were given a stern look, she'd bow her head, or just flat out look away, which showed a certain lack of confidence. She were trying her best though. She just needed to be given the time to grow into things, and not be near some really weird creatures, that she feared were very dangerous too.

Blitz would stop up as she heard all of these options, and poke her head repeatedly, while trying to think what sounded like the best place to go.

"Hmm.... Many fun places maybe? Okay, we can make engine stuff later, when big bro is awake again, yes? Now we go for a fun trip! Where are we going?"

She'd bounce in place and look between Light and Cali. They seemed to be taking the reigns on things, right? So, obviously they would know where to go. And Cali had just taken a stance on stuff before! That must make her the leadery sort of creature. Though Light might start taking a stance on things. He were shiny after all. Shiny had authority too, and he were pretty direct earlier one, before he started to cave to Cali. Maybe the two were a couple? Blitz had seen couples be like that before, with the stallion being sorta in the background, and the mare making decisions. Hehe, she could see that actually. They were a couple, and would go make smoochy faces when they thought nopony were looking.

The guards wouldn't follow them if they left the area, for any of those places, and the guard who had brought them up, wouldn't do much more than direct them in the direction they'd need to go. As for the current project spread around on the ground... Eh. They could find parts another time again, and this wouldn't be the first time stuff had been strewn about. The ones working this place would probably clean it up soon.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia couldn't help but take a good sized bite of her brownie. It was so irresistible and she chewed on it slowly as the succulent and warm chocolate taste filled her mouth. She could smell the glaze, as well as feel it on the roof of her mouth. It was pure bliss. Her eyes would roll back slightly as she chewed slowly. Zeehva could see how much she enjoyed this brownie. It might be cute to see how much she enjoyed something this simple. Magnolia didn't have that many bits to go around and was used to stealing apples from farms or digging up potatoes from farms. It had been a long while since she had tasted something so marvelous. With the remaining bit of her cinnamon drink, she dipped it in and combined the tastes. Then, she ate another bite. Then she sort of held it in the air as they walked. She would savour it. 

Magnolia would lick the chocolate bits off with her tongue and blow a little O in the air upon doing so as if trying to be cute. She sighed and closed her eyes, she was very satisfied. "Perhaps once we find the glassware you need we could test out my magic with your skill, however I'd advise against doing things you aren't comfortable with." she spoke, and then raised an eyebrow at her comment about Magnolia's appearance. It was an interesting question. One that she had no trouble answering, she didn't mind.

"I like a degree of fear around me. I like it when ponies fear me, so that they know not to mess with me. Beauty is skin deep, so they say. Plus, whenever I'd shift my form I have no choice but to be clean. Would you believe I have not actually bathed in years?" she'd laugh at that. "It's a consequence of my magic, but it is a welcome one to say the least. As for styling of my mane and coat, I like to look perfect. What is life, without looking good? And what is life, without having an exterior that ponies can marvel at? Perhaps I might find one who'd fancy me eventually..." she'd look into Zeehva's eyes in an almost longing fashion. But what Zeehva didn't know, was that Magnolia were longing for the one right infront her.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali would glance to the guard mare and raise an eyebrow slightly at what she said and then glanced to Blitz. "I have no idea where that is, as I said I am not from your world. But if the others here don't mind going than I would like to go there as well. Normally I'd go at it alone." her eyes would narrow slightly. "But this time it's different and I have a filly here to watch over, so to speak so I will stay with you for a good while. Tell you what, Blitz? I'll let you be a grown up for a little bit here. Make a choice." she'd say with a leering grin.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

I'm really glad Sorrow did not recognize the 'breaking the fourth wall' stunt made by Windy as she continue to childishly whine unintelligible phrases.

Cimex seem to be weirded out by Sorrow, then her eyes widened, “You're not just only a believer of a supernatural but also one who does that kind of stop” she frowned, going back to checking her tarts, “No offense, but I don't believe in that kind of stuff but I don't hate or like them either”

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Starforce Glimmer

“We'll make engines after Molotov got out of the hospital” Blue felt discomfort and embarrassment in their situation. Luna said nothing as she had seen her friend unharmed by the explosion yet still concerned.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

@Windy Breeze @Starforce Glimmer

Light can see through what blitz was thinking....it was written all over her face and her excitement.

" I don't like that look you're giving Blitz...your too excited..." Light said with a serious face.

Cali gave the reins to blitz on where the group is headed, and Light sees no problem as Blitz can't probably mess this up.

" Sure why not. let Blitz decide where we're going." 

@Blitz Boom

“Well, there’s a first time for everything. Let’s see…” Sen stepped up to the game’s floor and examined the layout. This one isn’t quite the game he imagined, though the arrows on the floor meant those were the things he had to step on if were to score points. Lin’s suggestion was still the most sound for this game.

In the meantime, Lin watched as Omen pulled her tongue out and used it to spin herself around. It’s not what she’d call dancing, but Discord being involved somehow didn’t surprise her. What was surprising was how Omen kept herself balanced; an impressive display that she stopped for a moment to clap for the Ki’Nathar. Though that was a pretty sight to look at, there was still some concern for the spinning, especially because Shrimp was still sitting on Omen.

“I’m pretty sure I heard something about a dance that involved spinning. Not sure if that was what ponies had in mind, but you pulled it off. We still got a game here, so maybe you might want to take it easy for Shrimp’s sake?”

Once the siblings got into position, they’d start with looking at the screen, then back at the ground. The song was catchy, though the tune wasn’t something they’re familiar with. Traditional music like vocal chanting and a bit of throat singing were more up their alley, but those weren’t exactly the kinds of tunes folk would dance to. Still, the energy were rather high for the song, and eventually, the siblings had to start getting into the rhythm.

Sen started off slow, scoring points on easy steps. He wasn’t reaching the point where combos would come naturally, but he’d sneak in a step here and there to keep up with Rosa. A slow start, but he was slowly understanding how the game worked, even if his hit to miss ratio was closer to 50/50. In contrast, Lin was setting a faster pace than her brother, using the rhythm as her guide. There were still some misses, but that boiled down to timing her steps. Still not faring as well as Rosa, but she was finding enjoyment out of this game. At least getting more than half of her steps right was good enough for a start.

“I think I’m getting used to this! Better pick up the pace, Sen!”

“I’m trying! Compared to you and Rosa, I’m already falling behind.”

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-06-08 at 4:31 PM, EQ_Theta said:

In the meantime, Lin watched as Omen pulled her tongue out and used it to spin herself around. It’s not what she’d call dancing, but Discord being involved somehow didn’t surprise her. What was surprising was how Omen kept herself balanced; an impressive display that she stopped for a moment to clap for the Ki’Nathar. Though that was a pretty sight to look at, there was still some concern for the spinning, especially because Shrimp was still sitting on Omen.

“I’m pretty sure I heard something about a dance that involved spinning. Not sure if that was what ponies had in mind, but you pulled it off. We still got a game here, so maybe you might want to take it easy for Shrimp’s sake?”

Shrimp had kept on, so that was a positive, but as Omen had stopped spinning, he'd be sitting on her shoulder, still clinging on with claws and his mouth, and wobbling slightly with his eyes. He seemed to have become rather dizzy and desperate to stay on, though at least he didn't vomit or anything. He just needed a few seconds to realign himself, and as he did, he'd finally let go with his teeth. Mostly to let out a few weak chirps, before lowering his head close to Omen's neck again. His grip did not loosen, so it were clear that he were still somewhat afraid of falling off.

"I agree. It doesn't appear that he liked that all that much. Perhaps it would be best to avoid doing that another time, while he is on you?"

"Okay."

Omen would raise a hoof and run it down Shrimp's side, before placing herself fully on the board, and then. the game would commence. With a lot less swirling this time around mind you, as she did not want to cause Shrimp any sort of discomfort. It didn't seem like something she should be doing to him.

Omen score: 9. Despite doing her best, the game were running a little fast for her, and as such, she missed quite a few of the steps. The best one she had going for her were a three pointer, before missing one going right, and then the next four points after that, as she tried to catch up. Given a dozen games more or so, she might understand it well enough to properly engage with it, but she were just at several disadvantages for a first time. One being her speed, but the major one really, were likely that she just wasn't very musical. She couldn't move with the beat, as for her, this were simply just noise, with the main focus being the arrows and the buttons. Shrimp seemed to not be a huge fan either, as he at one point raised his head to hiss at the machine, at a particular extra noisy bit. He liked music, but this were not it for him.

Rosa score: 16. Being more adaptable, Rosa would get quite a few more points in, though he too would have his mistakes. One causing him to lose his flow fully, and then when trying to catch up, would miss the next six. He had to stand still, and take a deep breath - which lost him another three - before he could get on track again. Least he did overall rather well, in his opinion. Especially considering he weren't dancing along with this, as he weren't exactly good at that. This were mostly just adjusting to where the buttons were, and then using his front hooves to push them down at the right time. Mostly, anyway. As said, he did cause some misses, with the long one causing a small giggle from a nearby foal who were looking on. Nothing badly intended with it though. He just found the frantic attempt at catching up funny, and he overall just liked to watch others use this machine. Sometimes there were those like the griffon, that really made a light shine in his eyes.

Once it were all done, the ones looking over the machines would look over Omen and Rosa. The former pushing a button to see if something would happen, even if the screen were now blank again, if you ignored the score, and the other shaking his head slightly at the score on the screen. He had beat Omen, but what about Sen and Lin? Lin had seemed to really get into the rhythm, so Rosa were expecting her to have beat him, and Sen to likely be around his level. They seemed to have an odd case of being rather close most of the time. Why not on this as well, yes? Though of course, he may have fully on beat the thestral this time. Fair game really, if it were. This were just fun and games after all, and despite his teasing, Rosa had no issue applauding one of the others for being tonight's overall winner. Including if it were Sen.

"That was quite something. I must admit, this got the adrenaline running more than I had anticipated. How did you fare?"

======================================================================================

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Starforce Glimmer

Blitz would bounce around giggling and muttering gibberish for a half minute or so after the others had talked. To think it was her who were allowed to make a decision now. Eeee! So exciting! But where to go, where to go? Lots of good things about all the places. Sure she couldn't touch things in the museum, but seeing things from the past might be fun, and give her lots of fun ideas for other projects. Seeing old stuff something did that, and they must have lots and lots of old stuff there that were really special and interesting, right?

But the info board could be fun too! She knew so little of this town, since she barely got around without supervision - something about her being a health and safety hazard - and knowing more of it could be fun. Would give her placed to look towards when she'd eventually figure out how to sneak out unseen, so she could go exploring.

And then of course, there were the Courier's Guild. She heard they had lots of strange members, and were lead by a real old dragon. And they also had an adventurer's board? She'd love to meet an adventurer, and see what they were like. She bet they were all gruff and *Grr, serious talk*, hehe. Creatures who needed a hug, and some bombs.

"Ooooh, so many fun options! But but but, if we wanna learn lots of important stuff that's new, the guild sounds lots of fun, and maybe there'd be some adventurers there who'd need fun kaboomies! Ehehehehe!"

She were bouncing in place, giddy as a foal being told they had a free ticket to grab as much candy as possible for a full hour.

"But new friends needs lots of knowledge on this place, and Equestria have tons of history. Maybe new friends would do real nice with the museum? Uuuuhm... Light and Cali decides! Anything that helps them is the bestest thing we can do!"

It were up to the two of them, while Blitz would get further hyped up, and get almost giddy with excitement of all the fun they were gonna have today. It would be up to them, what sort of fun that would end up being.

She wouldn't ignore Blue and Luna though, and would bounce around them too. If Blue would suddenly seem like she wasn't doing well, as she had just been in an explosion, Blitz would move in to hug her, and try to make it better. She might be highly dangerous, as she were an untamed intellect, mixed with the general excitement of a young filly, but she did care for others, and wanted what was best for them.

===================================================================

@Windy Breeze

"It's okay, I don't take offence to that. Not everypony wants to believe in spirits, or having to think about the afterlife in any way, and I respect the views of those who doesn't. Though if ever you think spirits might be an issue to you, there's always help to reach out for."

Sorrow wasn't intolerable about those with different views to herself. If they did not wish to believe in ghosts, that were up to them. The afterlife would wait for them regardless of their beliefs in it, but if they did not want to know of it, or thought it preposterous, that was their choice. It wasn't her place to try and convert them after all. Just to help, in case they ended up in a nasty situation, such as getting stuck after death, or poltergeists.

"Anyway, could I ask something? Is there anything going on out there? Anyone come looking for us, or asked odd questions, that sort of thing?"

She'd make sure to give the good doggie - that being Windy - some pats on her head as she spoke, and nuzzling behind the ear if the mare allowed it. Might as well keep going with this odd behavior, and just try to have fun with it, right? No harm in that, and it were kind of adorable. Though hopefully the tarts would be done soon. Seemed like Windy would be in a bit of a mode here until she could get something to eat.

====================================================================

@Starforce Glimmer

On 2021-06-08 at 1:01 AM, Magnolia said:

"I like a degree of fear around me. I like it when ponies fear me, so that they know not to mess with me. Beauty is skin deep, so they say. Plus, whenever I'd shift my form I have no choice but to be clean. Would you believe I have not actually bathed in years?" she'd laugh at that. "It's a consequence of my magic, but it is a welcome one to say the least. As for styling of my mane and coat, I like to look perfect. What is life, without looking good? And what is life, without having an exterior that ponies can marvel at? Perhaps I might find one who'd fancy me eventually..." she'd look into Zeehva's eyes in an almost longing fashion. But what Zeehva didn't know, was that Magnolia were longing for the one right infront her.

Zeehva had caught on on things earlier, yet here in the moment, when Magnolia were more or less yearning for her, as she looked at the Weeping Widow, she were oblivious. She would just think that perhaps the mare had meant it more generally, and that in due time, she would want to attract the attention of someone who'd turn out to have a special place in her heart. It just wasn't the time yet for that.

"I think I understand your reasons a little better now. I honestly hadn't expected you hadn't showered in years, but if your powers just do these sorts of things, I suppose there's not really a reason for it either. It's surprising how versatile they seem to be.

And well... I guess, I can't judge on a little vanity. I still do mine to look presentable at least, even if I can't hold a candle to you. Someday, you're going to make some stallion, or mare, a very blessed pony. You deserve no less than someone who will appreciate and love you every day, as if it were your first. There is nothing quite like it."

She'd raise a hoof, and take a bite out of her salad this time around, as she'd wait with the rest of her desert until after her actual meal. Though with the varied food stuff they were carrying, she'd have to actually stop up, and wait with walking so that they could eat. She might have magic, but she were using it for various things right now, and didn't wish to be spending too much on things that wasn't warranted.

"But the day will come when it does. And when it does, I'll help as best I can. Unless your dating method is to literally catch one you fancy with a lassoe. Actually... Depending on the situation, I may still help you there. It could be fun to watch. No love potion requests though, please. They aren't real. Any who claims they have made one, plays on desire instead, and that always turns bad. Like, full on stalker, trying to kidnap you, sort of bad. Nothing good comes from that, but it's hard to explain others sometimes.

I'm sorry, I think I were rambling a little bit. Can we sit down and eat before we go on maybe, please? I'd like to save my magic a little for gathering instead, if that's okay?"

Hopefully Magnolia wouldn't have an adverse reaction on her want for Zeehva going straight over the mare's head, though it would eventually have to be something they needed to discuss. And when that time came, it were likely going to get emotional. Hopefully not in a sort of *reverting to the wrong path* sort of way though.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Cali observed Blitz's movements and she sincerely couldn't care less about where they would be going. She had all the time in the world to do what she wanted so she decided to go with the museum, why not learn what you see? Seemed like a good idea, well enough. "No kaboomies Blitz, at least not in the city. Maybe we'd do some out in the fields where nobody is around, just an idea but the museum sounds good enough for me. If there are no objects, I would like to go there. Problem is, I have literally no idea where anything is in this world so someone will have to lead us there." she shrugged slightly. 

@Blitz Boom

"Heh, my powers have a lot of uses. It is natural to me by this point, I don't think anything of it. As I'm sure that's a natural reaction to one's magic." she'd cast a somewhat coy grin to her friend as she walked, but her expression would change upon the mention of stallions.

"I've always preferred mares to stallions. I don't really like stallions that much, a lot of them seem to want to charm mares and not really care for them in truth. I've had a few instances with that, but those who tried to get me in that manner quickly found out that I was not someone to be easily charmed, nor swayed. I can see the way they look at me here, they seem to want me for my looks, and not for truth. Hence why I said beauty is only skin deep." she'd say with a rather serious wording, as if she was correct in what she said and she would never change her mind on that. It seemed she was harsh in what she believed in thought, and would never change it for the world.

"I've never had anyone who loved me before, nor have I loved anyone else in truth. I never had that in my mind, perhaps given my situations, or maybe it's just who I am. I don't know." Magnolia shrugged somewhat absently.

@Blitz Boom

Sen decided to pick up the pace as the music and the arrows got him more nervous. He didn’t quite trip over his legs this time, though moving slow early on meant he missed out on a good number of opportunities to earn some easy points. Whenever he’d feel himself about to slip, he’d slow down to recompose. Unfortunately, the energetic music meant the tempo would pick up speed or stay fast, giving him no breathing room. Best bet was for him to grab what points he could as compensation. It wasn’t going to win him anything, but it was better than nothing. At some point, being a little too self-conscious cost him.

As for Lin, this began to feel like a game meant for her. No doubt she’d be far away from hitting the high score, but getting into the groove and being a little lighter on her feet meant she was starting to improve on the spot. She may have started slow like Sen, but there was an inkling of a eureka moment the more she played. Being relaxed meant she could move faster, almost like she could match the song’s beats. Once she started to see that, it was a matter of just playing catch-up, because she was still lagging a fair bit behind Rosa based on her slow start. 

Once the siblings had their fun, they would look to the screen to see their scores. Sen didn’t do so well with about 13 points. Lin would fare better with 19 points and a surprised look on her face before she started doing a little jig on the spot to celebrate. 

“The scoreboard tells us that I did not do too well, I’m afraid. I guess this game isn’t for me,” Sen sighed as he replied to the thestral's query but somewhat content that he didn’t topple over during the whole session. “As for dear sister, she’s very happy with the results. I think she figured out how to play this game right.”

“It’s all about the rhythm. The arrows correspond to a beat in the song, and you have to match it. The game started making a lot more sense when it clicked! You didn’t do too bad yourself, Rosa. Is this your first time playing the game?”

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-06-10 at 4:01 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“The scoreboard tells us that I did not do too well, I’m afraid. I guess this game isn’t for me,” Sen sighed as he replied to the thestral's query but somewhat content that he didn’t topple over during the whole session. “As for dear sister, she’s very happy with the results. I think she figured out how to play this game right.”

“It’s all about the rhythm. The arrows correspond to a beat in the song, and you have to match it. The game started making a lot more sense when it clicked! You didn’t do too bad yourself, Rosa. Is this your first time playing the game?”

"It were, yes. And considering I am not musically inclined, this went better than I expected, yet worse than I had hoped. In theory it should be a simple matter of just following the pattern and then acting accordingly. It seems I have been made to eat my words on this, and other situations where I considered this game to be frivolous and simplistic to get through."

"Yeah man, it ain't as easy as it looks if you don't got the rhythm. This one got a groove going though, and points show it."

The attendant would point towards Lin, who had proved to be remarkably good at this. Considering it were her first time, and this type of music weren't something she were typically familiar with, she had done fantastically, with scoring over half of the points, and trouncing her competition. Had she another round at the game now, she would likely score at least 5 more points, as she had gotten into the beat with how this went, whereas Rosa and Sen would likely both have to simply surrender. Neither of them seemed like they'd be making for a good dancer anytime soon. Neither would Omen, whom had gotten the last place, but there hadn't been much of an expectation of her beating this, seeing as she wasn't exactly one to move with great speed at the best of times. She were more akin to an old mule. Calmly and methodically moving along, though she were less likely to bite.

"I congratulate you on the well deserved victory, Lin. I admit this is not how I foresaw it, yet it's undeniable that you won. As well as it being hard to disagree on you being the only one of us with any semblance of rhythm. You seem to have a knack for dancing."

While they were talking, Omen would wander to the side, then open a small gate, about the size of her head, facing the machine. Wouldn't be long before a myriad of eyes started to show up, and glance over it, as well as a few other things, as she opened more small gates for her siblings to look through. No words would be spoken by her - in a language any of them could understand - but it seemed harmless. Likely just her wanting to show her siblings something, while the others were conversing after the game. A game that she would assume she had lost. She couldn't count, so she didn't know who won by the screens, but it sounded like it were Lin.

As there were others who'd like their turn on the machine, the stallion keeping track of the machines here, would ask them kindly to move away a bit, so the next ones could get in and have a go at this. This time that seemed to be three foals, around the same age, lining up and wiggling in excitement. Considering how they looked at one another, and the mare looking over them, this were likely a family, and this here were a sibling fight. Sen and Lin would likely understand that some friendly sibling rivalry were an important part of a closely knit family.

"You know, I've really enjoyed this evening. Barely been thinking about tomorrow, with all the fun we've had. Quite frankly, I can't remember a night where I've felt better in my whole life. Thank all of you, for letting me be part of it. I couldn't wish for better friends than you."

Rosa would have suddenly started tot alk as they wandered away fromt he machine, and would then, at the end, drag them all in for a hug. His three good friends, Omen, Lin and Sen, in close embrace.

Gnnngh... And his fourth, less than enthusiastic friend, currently biting his nose. Seemed like Shrimp were a little riled up, and feeling defensive.

"Shrimp too, despite his penance for biting."

===========================================================================

@SuriPolomare (Settle on a name. xD)

"Mare, stallion, pony, dragon, griffon- It's not my place to judge the preferences of others. If you like mares, then I'll hope that someday soon, you'll meet the right one, who shares that want for another mare in their heart. It might be it will take some time, but I believe that you will one day feel love, and be loved by another. You're a good mare who deserves no less, r-right? I mean... Obviously. S-Sorry, my mind went a little haywire.

Anyway, what I mean is just to have faith. It will happen, and when it does, you should seize the opportunity. And if you wonder how you know if it's love-"

Zeehva gave a warm smile and a little knowing chuckle towards Magnolia. Which did help somewhat cover over the stubborn inner voice that were starting to nag her, and tell her that the mare Magnolia had her eyes on, were indeed her. Which were not helping on things, when she were trying to be encouraging, rather than having her brain churn through various ways of letting Magnolia down in a kind way.

"-Trust me, you will know when the time comes. It's a special feeling like no other, even if it shows many different ways. For some, it is like they can't imagine themselves whole without the other being. For others, it's more of a turbulent thing, where it's build on pure passion. Fighting, arguing, dancing, hunting together- There's a lot of ways those can work. I've seen some who had a love like that. It burns brightly on a knife's edge, but it's beautiful.

*sigh* But there's much time to think on something like that. We should finish eating, then look around. Maybe we can find some vials, but I'm thinking that a nice trip around town wouldn't be bad either. Though if the looks starts to get to you, we can always go back to the inn at any times, or the forest to look around. Or go and visit Gretha, if nothing else. Sadly a lot will jusge by looks, or at least get drawn in like that, but... Well, I have some family, back up north, and my cousin used to say to me, that some beings were like moths. They'd follow the brightest, shiniest thing they could see. She wasn't all that friendly towards leering stallions either. I really should remember to send her a letter one of these days...

B-But I digress, yes? How's your salad?"

It was a good meal, with some good drinks to boot. At least for her it were. She hoped it were the same for Magnolia, and that she'd have some plan on what she'd like to do next. If that included them having to wait with the vials, that'd be perfectly fine. She could always go into town in the morning, and take it from there. Better than Magnolia getting irritated and lashing out, at those watching her.

=========================================================================

@SuriPolomare @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

"Heeeey. I'd never light a bomb in a museum. Those places are important, with lots of stuff to see. Explodey fun happens at the lab, or in the wild. It's not nice to break others things, or make them hurt. That's the sorta thing crazy ponies do, and I'm Not crazy!"

Blitz very briefly pouted as she said this. Bit of a sore spot for her, to have others call her crazy, when clearly she wasn't. She were just enthusiastic. Wasn't like she hurt anypony on purpose. That would be evil. And she wasn't that either. Nopony would ever like her if she were, and she wanted to make friends. That's one more reason she focused lots of time on fireworks. Everypony liked that.

Yet as the laughing, lit bomb cutie mark she wore attested, she were an explosives expert of many variations, and had to make her dangerous stuff too. That didn't mean however, that she'd just break others stuff. And especially not historical stuff. That's be a really bad thing, since that couldn't be replaced. It was history, and that was important to preserve. She couldn't remember who had taught her that, but it felt like there had been another teaching her this sometime, back in the days she had no memory of. Though Molotov also said stuff about them not being supposed to break things that didn't belong to her, if it could be avoided.

"So we're gonna go to the museum, huh? Huh? Huh? Fun! Let's go see all the old, important stuff, and learn lots of history."

She'd bounce around, waiting for them to get a move on, though as she hadn't been many places in town thus far, she didn't know where it were either. The guard did however, and after eyeing the foal nervously once more, she'd clear her voice, and start talking.

"...Well, she did ask me to keep an eye on things, so I could show you there myself, if you'd like?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

(I can't help it! :please:)

Magnolia would look on into Zeehva's eyes with a small blush at her words. She would have to resist speaking her true thoughts for now, or she would risk messing up things at least in her mind. She stayed quiet and stammered slightly with her fork as she bit into the salad and smiled innocently. But that smile was more of a forced one to show that she was enjoying the salad. She soon would swallow. "I-it's um, good! I really like the way it tastes, the texture is remarkable." she exclaimed, seeming a bit more upbeat than she probably should be in all honesty.

"Your words are so encouraging and adoring, really. You know exactly what to say to get me in a better mood. Your words are certainly encouraging, and comforting. I may not have the words for all that you have to say but I most certainly understand." she'd sort of lean on her hoof there, looking to her with a happy grin. Magnolia's mare was right in front of her, in her opinion. But Magnolia wanted to tread carefully and take this one step at a time, she shouldn't rush it or else it wouldn't work out the way it intended. 

"Truly, where would I be without you? Thank you, sincerely, for showing me a better path..." she'd do something weird next, and levitated both of their salads and clinked them together as if they were wine glasses. Apparently it was a toast of some kind.

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Cali smiled calmly at Blitz, usually Cali wasn't a calm type of pony but in these moments she had to be, for she was basically responsible for watching over Blitz, but also Light from doing bad things. Not that Cali wouldn't. "We can definitely explode some stuff later but we need to get out and see the world sometimes, you know. Especially for something to do while your brother is healing up nicely. Perhaps you can use the history we learn, as inspiration for your inventions or explosives." Cali suggested with a playful friendly nudge.

She turned to the female guard who spoke. "Sure, lets go!" Cali exclaimed, without much consideration for how the others felt on the matter.

Light would look at blue and Luna and back at Cali.

" I'm fine with it, as long as you'll be holding the keys Cali. That means you'll be the responsible one."

Light then would hold back and wait for the others and follow at the back.