Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"Well I grew up going to a lot of musicals and orchestra concerts as my older brother always adored them and he played the violin. I'm a bit different, I always liked making art like drawing and making things, although I did play cello. When I discovered how much I loved to make costumes and props I got my cutiemark. I figure that the best place for some pony with my talents is in theater! " Ginger said 

"I mean, I guess I could've gone into fashion, but I don't know if I'd like that... from what I've seen, fashion ponies are very...." she added before she cleared her throat and did her best mocking impression of a snooty posh tone.

"Prim and Propper and above all the common rabble. As we are artists and you are not. Hmph!"She couldn't help but laugh about it.

"I don't make fancy outfits like fashion ponies, I make Characters.The costume fits the character, be it a pirate or a charming prince. And on top of that, Theater ponies are just my crowd, I feel it in my bones, this is where I belong." she smiled.

@EQ_Theta

"You don't have to be nervous there, Sen. We're not gonna bite. You're simply here as character witnesses. Nothing's gonna happen to you."

"Correct. He is on trial, you aren't. When he have been fairly judged, you are free to leave."

Tidal Wave and Screecher did not see eye to eye on a good deal of things, yet neither wanted to give off the impression here, that they got any reason to be afraid here. Whatever happened, they'd be allowed to wander off, safe and without a scratch on 'em.

"Much like with Officer Stargazer, your relation to the defendant, won't be held against you, unless there are tangible proof of you taking part in any illegal dealings. Neither of you have done so from what we hear. You upholding your agreement to come here willingly, will also mean there will come no disciplinary actions towards Officer Stargazer. I hope you understand the length, and risk to his career he went through, putting this degree of trust in you."

Screecher's eyes bore into Rosa, who'd bow his neck to this. He understood well what it might have meant, which were just one more reason why he had to show. He had to prove to his older half brother, that the faith put in him, were not misguided, and that he wouldn't throw Stargazer to the side, once he got away. He would have probably been dishonorably discharged from the Night Guards if that had happened, due to inability in remaining unbiased enough, to do his job.

"I any case, what your judgement will be, will depend on several factors. We have received news from King Thorax regarding your involvement in leaking information from the consortium, Sub Rosa. It have gotten into debate before the trial, along with other prudent information. What we want to know before giving final judgement, is to judge your character, and assert how that might factor in. Judging from how you willingly showed up, we take it you are accepting that, as well as our final decision in full?"

Dew would look down at Rosa, who'd step up further on the podium, and look up towards the generals. A position above him, to show the position he were in, and for some, to intimidate them. Rosa felt this, even if it wasn't like it would affect him all that much. Wasn't like there were any resistance, or rebellious behavior to try and push him away from, when he didn't come here with the intention of avoiding punishment.

"I am, yes. Whatever judgement that comes, I am prepared to see it through."

"Good good. Now, let's get on with it, eh? We've been told how the situation went with your mother, and your subsequent agreement to this trial. Where have you been since?"

"A festival at the Moonlit Thicket. If need be, you can likely verify this with Shade Stealer."

Dew and Tidal wrinkled their noses some, and looked towards Screecher for answers regarding this. Tidal especially didn't like that shady lad one bit, but he were Screecher's worker, and would have reported this sort of meeting to her.

"He sent a messenger. Between himself, the towns mayor, and several of their security team, their presence can be mostly accounted for. It seems they were just playing games there."

"I see. This doesn't seem to have been something you do with someone you have just met. I would ask you, Sen, how long you have known Sub Rosa for, and what you have been doing in that time?"

"And after that, I would want to hear from you, Lin, your honest thoughts on him. From you met him, until now. Surely there can't have been full trust, knowing what he does?"

This were rather baseline things, but they were easing into things. Getting a more personal feel from these two, before moving in to the more nitty gritty questions. They already knew some of what were about to be said, through interrogating Rosa earlier, but they needed more perspectives on this than just his word. And there would be some to tell here, though it were likely best to leave a few things out. Not lying about them, just not speak of them, such as the orb of souls, as the generals might not look favorably upon them trying to bring back these creatures, and any sort of interactions they had with Scarcity. Some things were best to just keep to yourself.

====================================================================

@Starforce

Before they reacted to the screaming, Zeehva would actually encourage Magnolia to try and harvest some herbs herself, and showing her how to gently pull the plants to get them off the tree as intact as possible. If she were to learn how to make potions, she had to learn how to deal with plants as well, and there were no better place to start, than right here, in the silent, quiet woods.

Then the silence had been abruptly ended, and Magnolia had dashed off towards it, getting a fair bit ahead of Zeehva, as she tried to catch up to her friend. Hopefully Magnolia would get to whatever went on before it went badly, and could stop it, without going too far. The difference between being the hero of a story, and just a bigger threat, were rather thing at times, sadly.

As Magnolia approached, both the beast and the griffin lost focus of one another, and instead turned to face her directly. At which point the griffin would start to scream out louder and back away in the direct opposite direction of Magnolia. The beast would let out a yelp and do the same. She had apparently done well in ensuring the two of them weren't going to get into a violent spat. Primarily by being more terrifying and uniting them in being afraid of her. So... Kind of a win?

Oddly enough, they seemed to both suddenly just calm down. As if the air went out of their balloon, and the two would just end up looking at Magnolia. They weren't getting closer to her, but it seemed as if they did not fear her anymore, for whatever reason. Considering what they had encountered earlier in the day, perhaps it wouldn't be as surprising, when the large form of Fright would wander out from the darkened trees, walking on lily pads, floating calmly in the air in front of her.

Eight spindly, long legs would gently wander on them, and as she stepped off one, it would suddenly appear in front of her, to step on that next, rather than hit the ground. Each of the legs were a different color, and leading into a dark-multicolored torso. Behind it, an abdomen dangled, following the same pattern of darker rainbow colors that the torso did, with a marking on top. One that looked like a cackling, malnourished equine face, which if you looked on it, would move to look at you with its empty eyes. Sockets carrying a sense of malice, yet there were a circle of mint-green clouds dancing around and through it, which radiated a sense of calm. It would mean that the more you looked, the more there would be both a duality of fear and peace that would go through you, though which one were noticed the most, would wary by how the viewer felt. If they were balanced, it would be neutrality, and the face would be smiling in their eyes.

As for the rest of the being, the torso would change from the thin, almost bone-like spider beneath, to a risen body of a mare, belly upwards. She'd be thin and much like the face, seeming malnourished, with visible ribs showing. Instead of front legs, she would have no arms or legs, but just free floating dark hands, with clawed, elongated fingers, which were currently gathered together, palm to palm.

Further up the dark-grey equine body, you'd find it ending in an equine head. Malnourished as the one on the back, with the skin seemingly just covering the skull. From her head sprang minty-green, long hair, which despite being clearly rather thin, still somehow managed to spring lusciously and long, and gathering in three formations to the back, and sides of her head. The formations being simple circles, looping perfectly. And within each of those circles, were a small, golden figure. One looking like an open maw, within a maw. Another like the head pictured on her abdomen. And the third of a hand, clutching a coin.

Her teeth were looking like they had been cleaned in mossy water, and as she opened her eyes, you'd find that there were little more than pure darkness, with a small, flickering yellow light deep within each of them.

The whole look of the essentially malnourished, gangly drov-like creature, should be inducing fear to those around her, and yet she radiated only peace and calm. Even in her eyes, one would find only kindness and warmth, though it didn't seem fitting of the creature, which had the height of an alicorn, and floated on the lily pads, a quarter meter above ground

Some other things seemed to be worn by her. Each leg had a golden ring near the *knee*, with three of them inscribed with a name each. *Avarice* *Consumption* and *Fright*. The rest seemed blank for now.

She also had small bowls floating near her, each filled with seeds, or water, whereupon birds would randomly land upon, to take joy in either.

There were also floating a somewhat large assortment of ornaments around her body, in varied patterns. They were all no bigger than half a bottlecap, yet several of them seemed to be too complex to have always been said size, and there were seemingly hundreds of them too.

Her eyes would seek towards first the beast, then the griffon, and finally Magnolia, before she'd begin to speak. Which seemed to radiate from her, rather than being spoken with her lipless mouth.

"Primal fear, born of shadow. Long have it been since I saw this. But not the cause of the first scream. No. That fear were small. This is greater. Growing. Did you come to rescue her, dear child? If so, you have my thanks. I believe this one may have come to seek me out."

She did not recognize Magnolia as she now presented herself, so to her, this were a new being. Familiar fears though, but the visuals did not currently match, and it made her uncertain of whom this were exactly.

======================================================================

@Starforce @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

On 2021-06-27 at 9:29 PM, Cali said:

"There is a country in my world known as Saudi Arabia, they are ruled by an autocratic monarchy and have rather strict rules with how people can act, or look. Their economy is mainly based on oil extraction and exports to the rest of the world, and they have some of the largest oil reserves in the entire world." Cali clarified as she read further. "The pyramids in this book are in the nation known as Egypt and are on the Nile river." she added.

"The name is close, but Saddle Arabia isn't like that exactly. I mean, they have some restrictions on things, and Princess Arabian Night are very traditional, from what I hear, but it doesn't usually take away from freedoms. They're pretty strict on trade with some things though. Not the spices and magical gems. Those they trade freely with, along with some really great silk and glass wares, but it's more like, Saddle Arabian Butter Milk, and stuff. Stuff they can't get a lot of, and won't just trade with anypony asking. From what I hear, you have to really do a lot for them to consider trading with you. Like, personal favors and such. Apparently, you can't just buy everything.

They have pyramids too though. Some historical, and then uhm... W-Well, there's the sphinx ones. Smart beings stay away from the sphinx areas."

Especially their capitol. Nopony came back from going there, and it wasn't likely they were getting off as easily as it would be, to simply be killed. More than likely, they'd be enslaved. There were stories about that abundant, and you didn't mess with the sphinx capitol. The elders lived therein, and no sane being would challenge those.

She'd continue to read the book, rather than focus on that, though she wasn't getting anywhere close to the other ages it might contain. She were still reading on Atlantis and the bronze age. She couldn't just flip and have it all down to memory. She read nice and calmly, to make sure she got the details along with her. She'd do her best to follow the group still though, and it were slowed somewhat down, by her also having to chat with the others. Which were still good, of course. Social interaction was an important thing. Far as she knew. She didn't really have a ton of experience with it.

On 2021-06-28 at 1:53 AM, Windy Breeze said:

“It occurs just 10 days after summer though sometimes preparation tend to happen too early, we locals are enthusiastic to celebrate the festivity. The event lasts for three days”

Luna raised an eyebrow when Cloudwatcher started to mention 'Atlantis' and its tragic history. Luna decided to stay out of the conversation.

“Luna, this place is amazing! They have pony skeletons and everything!”

Luna chuckled, “I see you like this place, Blue”

"Sounds like a nice time frame, ma'am. Maybe I can see if I can put aside a day off or something during the festival next time it's around then. Haven't heard anything about it that sounds bad in the least so far, and it'd be nice seeing a few more places. I guess I can't stay here in Manehattan forever... Heh.

A-Anyway, this place does have a lot of history. This here's just the first section, going over an ancient race, but there is sections of every area. Like for example, skeletons of some of the oldest ponies ever found by our archeologists. There's a strange remnant somewhere clonger in too, of a weird kind of equine. I don't really understand it, but the head researcher got very enthusiastic when he got it in last month. But he's keeping his hooves close at heart. Guess he wants to make sure everything's verified and all that.

And yeah, theere's weaponry too, from all time periods. Liket he next room, that's filled with stuff like bows, and various kind of blades. Do you have an interest in th-"

On 2021-06-28 at 12:49 AM, Kujamih said:

" AaAa..... Cali! Luna! The Kid!" Light stuttered.

"Uhoh."

She'd turn to rush towards the other room, to catch Blitz, but thankfully, one of the others already did so in time. Luna, to be exact, who had some really good reflexes. She must be an even better guard than she originally thought. Maybe a sergeant of some kind? Or at least in the running to. Those with skills deserved higher ranks. She should probably hiss less at foals though, but Blitz didn't seem to mind one bit, and just reached out a hoof to poke Luna on the nose.

"Boop."

Cloudwatcher had to raise up the book in front of her face to not show off how she were nearly choking on her tongue, to stop herself from laughing. The shaking book and how her shoulders jiggled though, were probably not helping her to hide this.

Blitz meanwhile, giggled openly herself, as she were caught up like this, and for once, didn't try to wriggle out of it. She wasn't afraid of Luna even the tiniest bit, even with the hissing. She was a nice pony, and that meant there were no need to be afraid of her, right? Complete logic!

"*giggle* Old sharpies are fun to look at. No touchy. The signs says that. No sign on Luna, hehe."

Cloudwatcher started to shake more. It were getting really hard for her to not openly laugh at a superior officer.

==================================================================

@Windy Breeze

It took quite a few more yoinks than she had wanted to, but finally, Sorrow were able to pull Windy away from the oven. They'd end up stumbling back and pile up, but she got the Wonderbolt away. That was a victory. Even though Tepe seemed to be having a field day, and so were Legion. A spectral, multi-voiced giggle escaped from it, as even the dead were not beyond a good ol' bit of slapstick.

"Urgh. This is worse than watching my baby cousin... You have to be patient, Windy. It's not going to be that long, and if you scorch your face, you definitely won't be able to eat anything. And this time, you're not going anywhere."

She'd try and lock both pairs of her legs around Windy, as best she could, to try and keep the Wonderbolt in place, before she'd go over and assault the oven again. It were like dealing with a sugar-addled pegasus foal, who had learned how to fly. Pure trouble, and a never-ending fight to keep them in check. Hopefully they would be done soon, so this insatiable monster could be sated.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia had arrived on the scene, and would spot what seemed to be a strange amalgamation of various creatures. The creature itself was un-nerving, yet Magnolia didn't sense any sense of hostility within it. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of it. Whatever this creature was it didn't seem violent yet Magnolia's shadow form faded away and formed a large canine form out of shadows. It was a very vague form but one that radiated an aura of dominance and unknown intent. 

"Mind explaining this situation to me? I find myself a lack of understanding on it." Magnolia spoke in a wispy voice yet one that was definitely feminine in nature. Magnolia wasn't going to fight whatever this was if it didn't pose a threat to her yet she made sure that whoever it was knew that Magnolia were more than capable of doing so. 

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

Cali laughs at Blitz's antics before she would take a more serious look in her eyes, yet one that was not overly so. "Blitz, don't run off like that again? Err...I should be more responsible for your safety." she looked to Light and the others. "Its hard to watch a kid all on your own so any help that I receive is most graciously appreciated. " she shrugged somewhat before looking to Cloudwatcher.

"How interesting that this world does not seem to have places that restrict freedoms on the level of mine. There is a Sphinx statue by the pyramids in Egypt but as far as I am aware there is just one, not multiple. It sounds like you are...afraid of that for some reason. Is that for some historical reason?" as Cloudwatcher  continues, she can see more details being filled in. She was going to reach the end of the bronze age soon enough.

@Blitz Boom

“I… If I may be honest? I do not recall how long it has been since I — we — first met Rosa. We first crossed paths when we looking to warn other ponies who could’ve been targeted by a mare named Fancy Filigree. Actually, we met as we were going going to warn a jewelry shop owner by the name of Amethyst. Omen and I went with him to the Sparkling Array Mine as Filigree was going to use that place to take over Equestria with changeling emeralds. We put a stop to her with some help; afterwards, Rosa spent some time teaching us, mostly about Equestria, as we were outsiders who were unsure about how things worked here. As of last night, we were at the Moonlit Thicket; we wanted to spend one night simply having fun.”

Past events flew by like a blur, but Sen could still remember important moments leading to him meeting Rosa, the showdown against Filigree, even that night they set up camp past the swamp. It was humbling to remember just how different things were back then, how the first meeting went to now. However, the longma didn’t quite remember the number of days that passed by, only that it wasn’t long ago. Even being questioned on specifics wouldn’t yield much. 

Once Sen said his piece, Lin would speak, though the question would be more appropriate for Sen. He was the one who could give a better representation of their thoughts on Rosa. Still, she had an idea on what her brother would say if he were asked. This was one of those things the two agreed on. 

“I wouldn’t know if what we had for Rosa was complete trust when we first met. We had a common interest in stopping Filigree, and that’s what we did. Our trust in him grew when we had to put a stop to Filigree, and it hasn’t wavered since then, even when we learned more about him and his past. Whoever he was then isn’t him today. He has a good heart, one that you could see if you give him a chance. We’re here to support Rosa because we know he’d do the same for us.”

Lin would suspect the possibility of getting grilled on this matter as the trial went on. No doubt the presiding generals could already be thinking that the longma are fools for believing a spy. Being outsiders to the ways of Equestria and its seedy underbelly made them naive, but Sen and Lin would stand by what they know of Rosa: a mentor, a fighter, and a good friend. 

@EQ_Theta

"Hmm. So far, it fits with what we have learned through the interview with him as well. Less detailed, but we will get into things more directly, as the trial proceeds. There are a rather large amount of details that we need to examine the validity of. Spies with his association, prior or not, are known to manipulate certain details in their favor."

"As do they their behavior. From what I hear you say, he had a goal of getting to Filigree, and might have subsequently used you to further that goal. Somepony who is now missing. How can there be certainty that you are actually a friend, and not just a tool? Using others is a common trait for them."

Screecher were more suspicious than Dew were, as Rosa had expected. She examined things from the perspective of *spies lies*, and it wasn't really an unfair position to have either. Rosa had lied, and used others to get to what he needed before. Several times, and at the start, he did go into working with Sen and the others, mostly because they had a common goal, and he figured they could be useful in tracking down his target. He didn't expect things to actually evolve, to him thinking of them as friends, but he did. It were all about convincing the generals about that now though.

"Let's not be hasty. He did still turn himself in, and deliver all sorts of stuff to us so far, eh? Doesn't seem like there's anything to gain from that.

I wanna hear from Omen now. You've known him just as long as the others, right? What's your opinion on him?"

Omen would in simple, short words, tell that she thought of him as a friend, and that he seemed okay. Not much more, as she'd need a more detailed question for it to give answers.

"Hello? Are ya gonna answer?"

Unfortunately, with the generals being so far away as they were, there were a slight issue with her answer, which Stargazer had to raise a hoof to remark upon. Once general Tidal Wave gave him the nod to proceed, that is.

"Honored general, she is answering, but I can say from personal experience, that she appears to speak entirely telepathically. It seems you are out of her reach."

"Huh... Well alright then. Translate for her please. Word for word."

"As you command. She said *Rosa is my friend, just like they are. Strange creature, with many big words, but he helps. I think he is good.*"

The general raised an eyebrow some, and sent some odd glances at Omen. She weren't used to dealing with folks like this.

"Aight. Well anyway, let's get a move on. Dew, I think you wanted to get into more details around the whole thing about Filigree first, right?"

"That won't be necessary."

The voice came just as the doors opened, and a stallion garbed in odd clothing would wander into the courtroom.

PStWDM8.png

He were waddling a little unevenly, and judging by the medical attendant that walked with him, he wasn't at perfect health. The other one following him though, seemed to be instead carrying a couple of rather heavy saddlebags. Had to be, or he wouldn't need such a beefy looking pegasus guard.

"Ambassador Golden? It's good to see you are improving, but what are you doing here?"

"I have come to interfere, I'm afraid."

"In what matter?"

Golden would direct the beefy pegasus following him, to take flight, and go up to the generals. Once there, he would take out several thick folders from the bags, which the generals would start to flip through, confused at what exactly were going on here.

"While you prepared for this trial, I took contact to King Thorax. As Sub Rosa have been granted shelter there, and we have accepted his majesty's territory as it's own thing, outside of Equestrian influence, the thestral is legally a citizen of his. As such, he were required to be informed of this."

"No offense ambassador, but if the word *extradited* is gonna come up next, I'm gonna call into question if this ain't just one big hoax. And what's with the folders? This looks like case files, not legal documents."

"Astute observation, general. That is because they are. King Thorax did not ask to get Sub Rosa taken away from our grasp, as the thestral informed him that if he were taken in, to let him face whatever came. However, during our chats, he did present me with further of the files that Sub Rosa had prepared to leak out to us, as part of his attempt to set things right.

The files you are now looking at, were hastily compiled, after we used that information to stop over a half dozen plot against our own country, as well as that of Neighpon, The Crystal Empire, and Saddle Arabia. One of which involved detailed surveillance of the royal family, of The Crystal Empire. They are being interrogated as of the reason for this, as well as the other plots, in their respective areas.

The rest of the files, details a few high level officials that have been directly planted by them. You will find their names in the blue binders, and understand the severity of the security leak they have been able to cause."

The generals did indeed look that up, and especially Screecher seemed to sour from this. Apparently, she knew at least one of them, and were none too pleased, to put it mildly.

"King Thorax himself vouched for Rosa as he delivered these, and gave me detailed information of how he have been since arriving at his hive, looking for sanctuary. Which included how open and informative he were of his own failing, and the reason for his defection. After having these verified throughout the night, and ensuring our allied nations have gotten the information they needed to interfere with the cases happening in their own homelands, I came to the conclusion that this trial wouldn't be able to properly dole out a fitting punishment for him. I have just returned from my meeting with King Thorax, and he agrees on the proposal I have set forth.

Sub Rosa? The information you have provided have been instrumental in halting several channels of information leaks, as well as helping us strengthening the bond we have with our allies. However, you have also partaken in these actions for several years, if not decades. It have been weighed up, and I have come to the conclusion, that you all are best served, with a ten year sentence."

Rosa had been very confused and uncertain of what were about to happen, as Golden Sun got in. The transfer from Saddle Arabia, gifted by Princess Arabian Nights, to Celestia, as a sign of friendship, suddenly here? He were involved in high government, and had been so for even longer than he had been here. His presence meant that something above the grade of the generals may well be happening, and it indeed had been. And the sentence... Ten years? That wasn't so bad. He 'd be out again while still at a healthy age, and then try and spend his time after that to cause penance for his acts.

"That sentence however, will not be served in an Equestrian prison. If you would please go to the golden folder, generals, you will see what I have deemed the best for all parties involved. If you would please?"

Dew took said folder, and opened it up to look through. This gave him quite a raised eyebrow, and yet, he'd clear his throat, and speak up. As he were asked by his superior.

"The defendant, Sub Rosa, are hereby sentenced to serve ten years minimum, as a parolee, working in conjunction with the Equestrian Guards Anti-Spy Division. There will be strict requirements to show up, and the defendant will be required by law, to wear a tracker at all times, during this period. Failure to show up to any of the scheduled meetings, with this group, or others as requested of him, or a rehabilitation worker (assigned at a later date) without good cause, will result in an immediate revoking of his parolee status, with a subsequent mandatory prison sentence, of a minimum of twelve years, and a maximum of thirty."

"W-Wait, I'm not being locked up? But I-"

"Thorax were clear that you showed remorse, and wished to show penance? Then do so, by using your insight to ensure that our kingdom remains safer than before, and work on dismantling what you were once part of. That is the only way you will make amends for your acts. Do you accept the sentence and what it asks of you?"

"I... Yes, Ambassador Golden Sun."

"Then the trial is concluded. Generals? Please ensure he's fitted properly, with the prepared tracker. I will arrange the first meeting within the next three days, and then iron out the details. Now if you will excuse me, it have been a long night, and my attendant are insistent that I get some rest. If there is nothing else?"

He'd ask that question and look around. The generals didn't seem to have any to say right now, though Screecher appeared to have bitten into a rather sour apple. Though perhaps Sen and Lin had something to say, before he'd wander out? They should be rather happy, considering Rosa would be able to leave with them, rather than go into a prison cell.

====================================================================

@Starforce

The drow-like creature didn't seem to be intimidated by what she were seeing, coming from Magnolia. More so when Zeehva arrived, and the striped mare halted. She had big eyes as she gazed upon this creature, and opened her muzzle to say something, yet suddenly, she just calmed down, and closed her muzzle once more. As for the situation, Fright would float a hand towards the griffin, as to indicate that it were up to her to speak of this, as she were the one where it all started.

"I was just looking for the temple, and accidentally hit a tree. Then fell into this one. It was an accident, but I think I startled him. I'm sorry."

The beast seemed to accept this, and gave a small nod, before wandering off. He wanted to sleep again, though the griffin should stay away from him in the future. At least for the time being.

"Worry not little one, I will direct you the rest of the way."

The left, floating hand clenched, then opened to reveal a small door, rapidly growing in size. Once it here big enough for a griffon, she would let it float to the ground, and open it. Though the forest were darkened, on the other side of that doorway, were a beautiful, sunny realm. What little they could see, seemed vast and full of shallow water, wherein varies pond plants floated. There were also creatures of various races there, calmly looking towards the ones on the other side, and welcoming them. The griffin would wander in as it opened, and joint he others, though Fright would remain out here, and address Magnolia.

"You are the ones that Gretha found, I see. Worry not, dear children, I will not bring you harm. Nor will I be intimidated, despite your best efforts now, or later. I am Fright, the spirit of fear. You do not possess the ability to make me afraid, nor bring me harm. Though is there really a need for us to fight? I bring no harm to anyone. I merely help those who are burdened with fear. Perhaps you too would like help someday, dear child?"

=======================================================================

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

"Awh, but this place is full of fun. Hehe, but okay. I'll wait for you next time. Promise."

Blitz would try and see if she could boop Cali's snout too, but if she couldn't, she'd still have some fun with the thought of how it would've been. Life were full of simple pleasures sometimes.

As for Cloudwatcher, she'd gulp down some, and prepare to elaborate slightly on the sphinx issue. Though she didn't intent to give directions. She couldn't imagine a confrontation between Cali and them, would end up going all that well.

"Our sphinxes have statues too, but they're all too real. Living and breathing, large creatures, who can grant you many a thing, if you are willing to strike a deal with them. A very powerful kind of magic, that you shouldn't try to wriggle out from, if you know what is good for you. Even for them. If a deal is made, they will uphold their end to the letter. But they're also trickery, and keeps asking riddles, if you want something for them, or challenge you to trials of wits, if you stand up to them. Much fortune can come to those who wins, but it can get really bad to whoever loses. Taht's what the stories says at least. They don't come here to Equestria. Though uhm... I heard a rumor one had showed up in Canterlot recently. I dunno how substantial that is though.

A-Anyway, it's best to just stay away from them, unless you have some sort of seemingly impossible wish you want made reality. And even then, I'd rather ask Discord. At least his antics are tame. Ish."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom @Starforce

Light chuckled at the thought of sphinxes. 

" Hehe.... Don't give Cali any wrong ideas about the sphinx Cloudwatcher.

" I'm sure that you are much stronger than a sphinx, Cali. and any wish you would want them to do would be impossible for them.. the wishes they can only pull off are mundane, simple, taken for granted wishes.

"And  besides...you don't need to answer their Riddle's just to make them give you what you want... Just beet them up.

" So Cali... If you see any sphinxes....please don't harrase them." 

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom

“Awwwwwww~!....” Windy moaned out, resigning to her fate of agonizing waiting, “Fine, you win”

Tepe would approach the oven, examining its features, “What a strange type. I have never seen this kind of furnace outside my tribe” he stares at the knob slowly turning on its self” he then looks at the blueberry tarts resting inside the microwave, taking note of the blue fruit sitting on top of each pastry. Indeed, they look promising

“Hey, what's going on here?" If 'individual' one ghost isn't enough, Razor peeks out from the entrance, “What's all the commotion?”

Luna sighed, ignoring the giggles coming from Cloudwatcher as she put Blitz down, “Please don't let this be a running gag”

A violent eruption of laughter can be heard from Blue, who did not made any effort to stop herself from expressing how amusing the situation Luna found herself in. Flustered, Luna shut her eyes and bit on her lip.

She did not say anything when Blitz teases her one last time before moving on to Cali.

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Our sphinxes have statues too, but they're all too real. Living and breathing, large creatures, who can grant you many a thing, if you are willing to strike a deal with them. A very powerful kind of magic, that you shouldn't try to wriggle out from, if you know what is good for you. Even for them. If a deal is made, they will uphold their end to the letter. But they're also trickery, and keeps asking riddles, if you want something for them, or challenge you to trials of wits, if you stand up to them. Much fortune can come to those who wins, but it can get really bad to whoever loses. Taht's what the stories says at least. They don't come here to Equestria. Though uhm... I heard a rumor one had showed up in Canterlot recently. I dunno how substantial that is though.

A-Anyway, it's best to just stay away from them, unless you have some sort of seemingly impossible wish you want made reality. And even then, I'd rather ask Discord. At least his antics are tame. Ish."

Curious anout the topic, Blue chimes in “What are these Sphinxes you guys are talking about? I heard from all you that they are really huge creators but this is the first time I ever heard of them”

@Blitz Boom

The generals’ retorts were a mixed bag, but Sen was a lot more worried about the possibility of their involvement with Scarcity. If they knew much more than they let on, and chances are they do, then being grilled about those details would likely hurt Rosa’s chances for a more forgiving verdict. Even the siblings could find themselves on the other side of the bars , which would complicate things further with Elder Ghilan and the others back home. Sen was just about ready to jump in with his own response to set the record straight. After all, he had nothing to hide. They met Rosa because their paths crossed, and the siblings had their own reasons for going after Filigree before meeting the thestral. 

Lin was just as determined, and she would play up her friend’s more positive traits to hopefully sway the generals presiding over the trial. She’d be tactful about the specifics, like how being given items to pass on to Elder Ghilan. Those were more for convincing the elders back home. All in all, this seemed like a good time to practice because chances are, the siblings would be summoned by their elders and defend themselves. 

Of course, things didn’t quite pan out as the siblings were expecting more questions. With the arrival of Ambassador Golden Sun and a large stack of documents, things got a lot more confusing. There was a lot of jargon that the siblings didn’t understand, but among the things they picked up from the conversation, it sounded like Rosa wouldn’t be locked up after all. It didn’t quite settle in until Rosa replied to what was asked of him, but the longma were overjoyed to hear that it was true, and they’d take a moment to hug each other and Omen when they got a moment. Perhaps their sentiment was going to come true… that Rosa can find atonement outside of a cell. 

“Wait, uh… ambassador? Does this mean that we could visit Rosa when he has time?”

“And if he’s not being imprisoned, where would he stay? Where would we find him?”

There would be more questions from the longma siblings, but they would reserve those for another time. If the details would be ironed out later, they’d be fine with that, especially with what the ambassador revealed about King Thorax and how those papers factored in. Given how fast things developed, maybe they could ask about those, though Rosa would know about them. Right now, they’d go with establishing whereabouts and maybe finding a routine that would work with Rosa. After that, they felt like celebrating, though what would come immediately after the trial was something to wait and see. They may be feeling ecstatic, but they'd keep their composure until they were sure of the future. 

@GingerLightning

On 2021-06-29 at 10:27 AM, GingerLightning said:

"Well I grew up going to a lot of musicals and orchestra concerts as my older brother always adored them and he played the violin. I'm a bit different, I always liked making art like drawing and making things, although I did play cello. When I discovered how much I loved to make costumes and props I got my cutiemark. I figure that the best place for some pony with my talents is in theater! " Ginger said 

"I mean, I guess I could've gone into fashion, but I don't know if I'd like that... from what I've seen, fashion ponies are very...." she added before she cleared her throat and did her best mocking impression of a snooty posh tone.

"Prim and Propper and above all the common rabble. As we are artists and you are not. Hmph!"She couldn't help but laugh about it.

"I don't make fancy outfits like fashion ponies, I make Characters.The costume fits the character, be it a pirate or a charming prince. And on top of that, Theater ponies are just my crowd, I feel it in my bones, this is where I belong." she smiled.

Upon hearing what Ginger thought of fashion ponies, and seeing her impression, the cook would have a little giggle, before getting engulfed in the magical flames of their kind. Standing there then in her place, stood a copy of one of the most snobbish fashion ponies in Las Pegasus. A stallion called Perfect Outfit. That's at least what he went by, though rumor have it that his real name were Marble Thrower, but that just hadn't sounded good enough for the snooty pony. From his attire, to the way this copy looked at Ginger, as if she were a speck of dirt on his perfectly clean carpet, that needed to be removed before others saw the unseemly thing, he just radiated ego. Even the stance took after that, as the cook, mimicking his voice, would speak with barely contained disgust in his voice, from having to chatter with a commoner, like Ginger.

"I'm sorry, but the thrift store is down main street. You should hurry along now, before they close."

She'd turn back into herself after that, and let out a little giggle.

"You wouldn't believe how often we've gone to his store, just to mess with him. Especially Cheshire. See, she doesn't like folks who starts to exclude others before even knowing them, or judge harshly, so she tends to mess with them. A few illusions here, a few change of looks there, and voila: A bit of bitter tasting medicine. Nothing harsh of course, and never something that hurts. We're a pacifist hive, and proud of it.

I get you completely too, about your reasons, you know? Theater have their snobs too, but a good team have a sort of connection that the lonely fashion folks just can't get. And when you're done with your work, and you feel the joy flowing out from the crowd, appreciating and celebrating the sheer hard work you've done... There's just nothing quite like it. It's extremely satisfying. Plus, our outfits looks less silly. And you don't have to worry about us trying to get you on stage. It's not for everypony. Few of us is horrified of the stage actually. Fiddle-Dee would end up curling into a ball if she got that much direct attention, but you won't find a changeling here, that's better at providing the music we need than her.

Me? I'm usually gathering making sure the vats are ready, so we can gather up the excess joy up during the performances, right and proper. Oooh, you ever seen a collection vat actually? I mean, not even all hives use it, since some of them goes and... Urgh, eats directly from the source. Utterly disgusting."

She almost gagged by the mere thought. To think that some of her kin would actually do that to another being, when there were nice ways to do it passively, were revolting.

"Anyway, what I mean is that not all use the collection vats. It's harder work of course, but it's totally safe, and with a bit of hard work, it can really help keep a stockpile. We always make sure to keep extra with us for example, if some of our less fortunate kind comes into town. Poor things have a hard time acclimate sometimes, so we do our best to help. Hiveless especially can really use this sort of camaraderie. We're social creatures after all. being lone sorta gets under our skin eventually. Dunno if that's the same with you?"

@Blitz Boom
Ruby noticed that one bird that acted differently, though she didn't make it obvious, she didn't notice the little, one could say, unnatural actions it did due to not looking at it, besides the disappearance that is, as someone like her did notice when something she sensed just stopped existing. Charir in other hand did notice, as he was lot less subtle in his observing, he moved back in the front of the wagon and said something to Ruby, but she didn't say anything before the bird had disappeared "We are being watched, one of the birds wasn't like the others." "I have a feeling this will be particularly annoying trip." these forests, every time Ruby went through them she wanted to burn them down more and more, good luck trying to hide in a forest if there is no forest.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Scarecrow had nothing more to ask, so he was ready to leave after the answer.

"While the answer did not narrow down my age much, it wasn't totally useless." "To know in where there has been a potential to see one does narrow things down, and since I believe I would remember something more than just the concept of jester if it was in context of bigger show of some kind, so how I see it, that leaves two most likely options, either I just happened to meet one somewhere, or I had interaction with a noble, or the princesses." "While I can only speculate, the last option would at least confirm what I expressed at some point about whatever may have happened to me, if whoever I used to be had any advance warning of what was to come, I believe I would have sought help, and from what I know of the princesses, they would be the ones to seek help from." while there was of course many other options, when considering the other tiny remnants of his once physical mind, this was the conclusion he came to, but he did acknowledge that he may have been wrong. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"While distinction probably is good to have, to us it doesn't really give anything, we have no experience of any kind of parties, don't think we have even really celebrated anything ever." "We got to be the first to choose things on our birthday but that's about it, nobody could afford any gifts or such." they didn't sound too sad about it, they were more thoughtful than anything, and why would they have been sad? It was what they grew up with, in fact, as they saw it, they were quite well off back then, they had seen many who had been lot worse off. "But that aside, to answer your question on what to look for..." Trox thought for a moment "Firstly, for now we just want to know where to find them if they indeed are kobolds...for how to tell if they are, assuming they are like in our Equestria, they should be around our size. some small differences exists of course, but we are around the average, bit over actually." "Our kind used to live deep underground before the sisters found us, and what we have been told, we were quite isolated, doing everything to keep surface out of our home and keeping ourselves off the surface. Apparently any time we found a new way up, we collapsed it." "But we are not hostile species, when some of us did end up on the surface, or vice versa, we did do our best to help anyone who needed help, though in the latter case we also sent them back up as quickly as possible." 

@Blitz Boom

Tirek were still unconscious. The magic cast upon him, as well as these chains, maintained him in that state, for the time being. He would be of no help to them, before they removed those. And even then, there were no guarantee that in his weakened state, he'd be able to drain much magic, before getting blasted into his base components.

Skall looked over to Tirek, and the guard, grinning as he stood up, then ducking to avoid the weapon thrown at him

Meanwhile, Astral would have recently gotten Opal back, but in what state, remained to be seen. Emerald had at least sent her back, which left Astral, potentially Opal, Chariot, and Iron, against Skall, and the element itself. Though, there were one more player in this game, and the element would warn him suddenly to duck, as she got into play: That being the general, whom had been above and behind him, where she had thrown a silver chakram towards his neck. If he did not bow down, it were going to cause issues, as the blade were sharp, and thrown with strength. If it did not though, it would return to the general, where she'd catch it expertly with her right, front hoof.

"Skall: In the name of the Night Guard, and the kingdom of Equestria, I place you under arrest. Yield, or it will be worst for yourself."

He started to chuckle "This didn't go as planned, but I can improvise..."

He simply snaps his fingers, chains erupting out of the ground to wrap around the guard, holding her hooves to the dirt.

"I have the element, do you really want to chance this?"

Chariot floated up, his legs sparking with energy
"I think we do"
He bolted to Skall, who bats him away, with more chains as Chariot crashes into a tree, knocking it over. 

"Please, Your wasting your own time, I win in the end of this fight, I rule over you."

Chariot stands up, looking back as he levitates the tree, swinging it at Skall, who extends his arms, conjuring a sword and slicing it in half. The remains crashing behind him

Astral starts rushing away as Iron starts slashing at Skall with his wings, who simply conjures a shield spell in retaliation 
"I thought you banished magic, yet you use magic to fight me?" Skall says with a grin, before stabbing at Iron
Skall is quickly pulled away, dragged across the ground with force, looking up as he sees two red glowing eyes from Chariot, channeling the evil he'd be trying to abandon briefly.

@Blitz Boom

"I don't know anything about mind readers in Equestria.  But my daughter tends to have these secret plans in order to prevent me from telling her No.  Better to ask forgiveness than permission I suppose," the mother sighed.  Dawn did turn out more like her than expected considering her line of work.  Perhaps both too pampered by the limelight, but they were who they were.  She would have to count Dawn to be on the more mischievous side however.  Rising didn't take much after his mother, nor his father for that matter.  Maybe little bits and pieces here and there.  Much more down to earth than the rest of his family.  Taking less interesting in the arts like his mother and sister or in knowledge like father.  If a bit aloof at times when he stumbles across a particularly beautiful or interesting bit of magic.  Art in of itself Grace supposed, even if from what she understood, the caster had little knowledge in the tapestries they sow.

"You needn't worry too much about Rising.  He'll play his part.  He was never the most enthusiastic foal growing up.  Always grateful and knew his manners of course, but it was so rare to get him jumping with joy.  I think it has to do with his memory.  Sort of dulls the experience when you are forever exposed to it.  It probably doesn't help either that he appears so weary and if a bit ill.  The poor dear," Grace tsked.  That was why they were here though.  "Oh I think it'd be an honor to travel to your country and witness my son's celebration.  I'm sure we'll manage to drag his father along as well.  Not everyday one's son saves a whole country," the mare beamed with pride.

The double doors swung open and Dawn came trotting out.  She had ditched her jacket and pulled her mane from its ponytail to let it hang feely.  Now wrapped in a lavender cotton plush robe.  "Ladies, let's get this treatment started," the mare proclaimed with a flick of her mane.  "We'll leave the darling Savior of Harrowmark in the capable hoofs of the Lotus Spa Ponies for now," she added, adding the smallest bit of explanation as to why Rising had not emerged from the same doors.  "Lily was going to show us where the celebration is going to be held on her... bauble," the pegasus knew little of magic, regardless of how many years her children and husband tried to explain it. 

Dawn seemed less interested however as he head turned about the spa and all the services they offered.  "Where should we start first?  A mud bath?  Herbal soak?  Massage?  Hooficure?" Dawn was a foal in a candy store.  Crashing back to reality was always a rough landing, "Lily dear, you're not change yet?  Chop chop!"

@Rising Dusk

1 hour ago, Rising Dusk said:

"I don't know anything about mind readers in Equestria.  But my daughter tends to have these secret plans in order to prevent me from telling her No.  Better to ask forgiveness than permission I suppose,"

"Kids sometimes. They worry about us, and think what they do is always for our own best. They mean well, but there should be some boundaries."

It were of course up to these two to work that out if it were, but it wasn't exactly an easy thing to just tackle. On one hoof, getting yoinked out of nowhere like that, and dragged around without warning of any kind, seemed disrespectful to your parents. She certainly wouldn't be happy if Sickle had tried that with her, that much she could say for certain.

Yet again, it was done with the best of intentions. At least in this case. A hostile force had attacked the city, and Dawn worried about her parents. It were understandable that she'd use her considerable power to then do hers to keep them safe. Though perhaps she could make use of some sort of warning sign. At least a small tingle or something, a minute prior, that they may then mentally prepare to be taken away, and perhaps grab something of importance to bring with them.

*sigh* But that were between Dawn and Grace. She may be a mother, and could relate to both sides of this, but this were not her family. It was a matter for them to decide on, and she should at best give a small opinion about it, and then move on. It wasn't her place to try and convince them about something here.

3 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"You needn't worry too much about Rising.  He'll play his part.  He was never the most enthusiastic foal growing up.  Always grateful and knew his manners of course, but it was so rare to get him jumping with joy.  I think it has to do with his memory.  Sort of dulls the experience when you are forever exposed to it.  It probably doesn't help either that he appears so weary and if a bit ill.  The poor dear," Grace tsked.  That was why they were here though.  "Oh I think it'd be an honor to travel to your country and witness my son's celebration.  I'm sure we'll manage to drag his father along as well.  Not everyday one's son saves a whole country," the mare beamed with pride.

"Very well, just keep a few things in mind: Stay in town, ignore any sort of ethereal whispers that seems to try and lure you somewhere, and never go alone. I can imagine as honored guests, you will be granted guards, for your own safety. Don't try and ditch them. I know your country is one of light and little to fear, but Harrowmark is build upon a deep foundation of death. It needs to be respected, both for cultural reasons, and for your own safety.

And I'd be concerned if your son did not appear weary. He have dealt with a disciple of substantial power, and then come home, where he have had to deal with more of the aftermath, as well as the prospect of what is it to come. If that did not drain him, I would question his mortality. You shouldn't worry though. He seemed perfectly healthy, all things considered. Though I am not sure what you mean about his memory. Does he carry a trauma with him, that dulls joy?"

3 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

The double doors swung open and Dawn came trotting out.  She had ditched her jacket and pulled her mane from its ponytail to let it hang feely.  Now wrapped in a lavender cotton plush robe.  "Ladies, let's get this treatment started," the mare proclaimed with a flick of her mane.  "We'll leave the darling Savior of Harrowmark in the capable hoofs of the Lotus Spa Ponies for now," she added, adding the smallest bit of explanation as to why Rising had not emerged from the same doors.  "Lily was going to show us where the celebration is going to be held on her... bauble," the pegasus knew little of magic, regardless of how many years her children and husband tried to explain it. 

Dawn seemed less interested however as he head turned about the spa and all the services they offered.  "Where should we start first?  A mud bath?  Herbal soak?  Massage?  Hooficure?" Dawn was a foal in a candy store.  Crashing back to reality was always a rough landing, "Lily dear, you're not change yet?  Chop chop!"

She did not get much further, even in thinking, before Dawn made her entrance, and yet again took the spotlight. This time, in some rather weird garments, and with her mane flowing about. Seemed awfully casual for the mare, but she supposed, this was meant as a place of relaxation.

"Your mother's request came first, Dawn. You will have to wait your turn."

Lily would lift the bauble, and with glowing eyes, would start to change her focus from where it had been - the wagon riding down the road, towards the capitol - and to the capitol itself. Copperhagen. A large, medieval looking place, complete with a massive castle, from which hung several of Harrowmark's flag. A crimson red, with a white moth wing going horizontally, and a black tendril crossing it a little to the left of the middle, going vertically. A flag that hadn't been hanging for a while, as another had been set in its place, and as the vision went around the castle, and towards the bustling street, they would briefly be able to see the still-burning remains of several other flags, though the symbol were impossible to make out.

The main street were filled with vendors, wagons, carts, and so forth on most days, yet now, among the large, olden houses, were just a myriad of beings. Primarily ponies, yet it seemed to be about 20% or so diamond dogs there, and all were seemingly cheering. Jumping up and down with joy, and hugging one another. An unusual way of things, but she supposed, after all these years, it were only fitting that they'd get this riled up over hearing what had transpired.

"It seems that they have already been told of what happened, and recently too. Though I don't see Queen Magnolia. I can imagine she have retreated, and are starting to prepare for what comes next. Including moving the statues of old out of their secure lockers, and back to where they belong. And please don't judge our town for its olden look. We've been under tyranny for six centuries, with limited resources, and one in charge who did not like change. Though I don't hope it will get much different anytime soon. It has a certain charm in my eyes."

The view would change towards an area between the large crowd and the castle balcony, where the queen had recently been to deliver the good news. There, they'd find about a dozen dusty stone slabs on the ground. The place where their heroes had once been prominently shown off, and where soon enough, a new addition would make its way there.

"I imagine this will get even more crowded once he actually shows, and looking more festive too, as the locals will prepare for his arrival. But you see here a taste of what is to come, and a fraction of the beings whose lives he have improved. I can assure you, his name will live on in our history, long after he have returned to the soil. There is much to be proud of, and he deserves every grain of praise he receives. Normally he'd also receive his own, highlighted grave, in the royal graveyard, but I can imagine he'd prefer his remains stays here, in Equestria, when the day inevitably comes. Maybe there will be a memorial still of some sort. It's not normal that we have outsiders become one of our heroes, so things will change."

She'd give them a bit of time to gaze upon the town square, and the castle outsides again, before the vision would be returned to the group, riding along on the road. Seems like things were calm for them, currently.

"There, now you see. As for what you said, Dawn, I have no point of reference as to what most of what you're talking about even is, though I can't see the mud bath being relaxing. I have grown used to avoid falling into swamps, not wander pleased into the muck."

Still, she'd  disrobe as asked, and would wait to see what she'd be dragged along to. Simpler to just accept whatever were tossed at her here, yes?

=============================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-07-01 at 4:19 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Wait, uh… ambassador? Does this mean that we could visit Rosa when he has time?”

“And if he’s not being imprisoned, where would he stay? Where would we find him?”

"As long as he keeps his appointments, and keeps himself tracked, he can stay where he wishes to. Though any tip outside of Equestria, we will have to be notified about. Preferably with a written letter, stating the amount of time he suspects he will be away, and the reasons for this. Restrictions will be there in many ways, and it is expected that he keeps all of them in mind, going forward. If he does though, he can wander freely. I expect your full cooperation in whatever matter comes from your superiors, Rosa."

"You'll have it. I swear upon this."

"I trust that to be true. Now then, regarding lodging, I may have an idea regarding that. If you would please, follow me, we can discuss that further. Your friends are welcome to join, of course."

Golden would slowly start to turn, but halted briefly, with a pained expression on his face. His breathing became troubled, showing off that he were in pain for a few seconds, before he got himself under control once more. At which point, Stargazer had already made his way over there.

"Ambassador?"

"I'm... I'm alright. Just a minor pain spike. It have passed. I assure you Officer Stargazer, that you have nothing to worry about."

The thestral didn't really believe that, but he wasn't the medical personel here, so he'd back off, as asked, and instead turn to Rosa. The latter of whom would feel his vague smile over things having turned out the way it were, crumble some under his larger, elder brother's unblinking gaze. Something seemed to go through Stargazers head now, as he just watched Rosa. He didn't seem angry though. More as if he were making a judgement of his own, and weighing it against things.

The two would meet each others gazes one last time, before first Stargazer, then Rosa nodded. Then, the older of them would wander away in silence.

If there were no further objections, Golden would begin to lead them away out of here. Away from the generals, the guards lining the hallway, and the courtroom in general. Soon, they'd be able to bask briefly in the sun and fresh air once more. They'd have to move on from there though, but it were still a nice interlude of freedom to be given. Especially considering how things had been expected to go.

"To think, less than a day prior, and I came here to urge acceptance of a sphinx,, and now I wander from here, with a spy in tow. Equestria truly does have some odd, wondrous times, these blessed days."

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, something's not right about this. I'm just not sure what the end plan is with it all."

If draconequui were involved, the answer to that would be annoyance for them, and amusement for them. Discord and his ilk had a rather bad reputation, which were why she did hers to usually stay clear of places were they might be. Nothing good came of potentially getting on their bad side. You might suddenly find yourself turned into a chicken, and about to be served as lunch, or a flagpost. Or be trapped in one of their maddening games, and feel your sanity drain away a little by little. The possibilities were sadly greater than her imagination, because that still required logic, and draconequui were far and away from that concept.

So Leviathan and Marley's senses would stay high as they wandered through the woods, and kept an eye on anything suspicious. Odd looking squirrels? A glance. Plants suddenly appearing to move? Definitely. Any sound or smell, would be kept in mind, and all the while, nothing really seemed to happen. Sure there were a few odd things to look at, but nothing unusual for the Everfree Forest. It were just docile, and full of critter noises.

After about fifteen minutes, and her almost torching a squirrel that had fall out of a branch, Leviathan started to growl a little, to vent out some frustrations.

"The wait is worse. Cant whoever's there not just show up already and get it over with?"

"Hey! Be careful what you wish for."

"Coo."

The bird from before, would suddenly be on a nearby branch, appearing as the air itself seemed to catch fire, prior to its arrival. And from that fire - which somehow did not scorch the tree - had the young phoenix arrived. And the look it sent them were one of great amusement, and a bit of malice.

"I don't care for it, or your games, Discord."

It would sit and chuckle a little, then let out a flame that burned a message into the bark beneath it, before burning out of existence again.

"Guess again." That would be all that were written on the bark, and then nothing yet again.

"I hate draconequui... As trickery as any kitsune, but there's no telling what's an illusion, and what's just something they snapped into existence."

"It is not ideal... Perhaps we are best suited to just try and make it to town? I believe we may soon find one of the indicators that we are getting closer, if I remember right from last time."

And he were, as they'd reach somewhere special indeed. A hut made of metal and stone, where it seemed the metal parts had fused into the stone. The whole thing looked a little weird honestly, with a smaller shack next to it, that had likely housed some tools. Or did at least. As both doors were closed, it were really not easy to tell. Though the smell of gunpowder and soot were saying that someone liked to set fire to things here normally. In case the various holes in the ground after the stone hut, marred with scorch marks and various odd looking, long dried up substances and glitter, , didn't already give that up.

"The mad filly's hut. That's good. Means we are almost in town. Ten minutes more at worst."

==============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Perhaps so. Maybe if one day we meet them, we could ask if they had met one with your ailments before."

As they were still in the open streets, she couldn't exactly just go and say *Golly gee, wonder if the princesses ever met someone with flesh peeling off, and dark rot setting in its place?". She wouldn't either, as it sounded a little weird, but in public, there were even less of a chance for this. it may well break her friends cover if she did, and she would not do such a thing to him. How could she even call herself his friend, if such a thing came to pass?

It would be something to speak of in more grizzly details later on perhaps. Yet for the time being, she'd remain focused on their task ahead, as they started to wander into areas were the stalls stood ready, and many a vendor were peddling their wares. Most of it seemingly food, and the sales were going well. From the apple stall of the Apple family, to others selling wheat, hay, potatoes, and so on, and so forth, it all seemed like a merry area to be within.

"I have heard only passing things about their princesses, yet all I hear, seems to be spoken in reverence. It talks nicely of them, though I will admit to finding it curious that not a bad word have yet been spoken. I thought there were no creature well known, that wouldn't have at least some whom were not great fans of theirs. Though perhaps I have simply not met many. And it is best if we try and think the best of others. There would be several fascinating creatures I would not have know, without thinking the best of them at first."

She'd send a smile towards Scarecrow and Crow. The former of whom may still be thinking of how he might have encountered the princesses once, and the latter of whom were staring down an owl, that had puffed up once Crow got within view. It had clearly felt better, but Crow's constant glare, were making it grow nervous. In the end, it wouldn't stop until the owl showed submission, by bowing it's body in its direction. Only then, would Crow look away again, and begin to look around. It seemed to not like being looked down upon. Especially not by other birds.

They wouldn't get much further than this, before the sound of bells would be heard, and Muffin would finally just bolt off in the direction of that. The sound of somepony falling down on the ground were heard, along with barking shortly thereafter. And if they followed that, they'd finally see the jester. On the ground, surrounded by various things he had been juggling, and dressed in garments befitting of his title. Old school stuff, all the way down to the colors of his silly little hat, and the wooden staff with bells.

"Y-Yeah, I missed you too Muffin."

His voice were rather light, as he tried to get the dog away, that were currently licking his face in sheer joy. Still, he sounded happy regardless, and had a great big smile still planted on his pale face, as Lyriel pulled the dog off, to give him room to get on his hooves.

"Jingle-Dee Bells, yes?"

"The one and only. Are you the ones who found my dog? I were starting to worry that he had run into the forest. I really can't thank you enough for bringing him back to me."

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2021-07-03 at 11:30 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"While distinction probably is good to have, to us it doesn't really give anything, we have no experience of any kind of parties, don't think we have even really celebrated anything ever." "We got to be the first to choose things on our birthday but that's about it, nobody could afford any gifts or such."

"Wait, you never had a party before, nor any gifts? Well if you want a day you'll never forget, just let that slip to Pinkie. She'd crank it up to twenty if she heard that. Even if it's not your birthday, you'd think it had been, once she's done with you."

Personally, she'd be a little frightened to let Pinkie know if she hadn't had any of these sorts of things before, because she just knew that it was going to go utterly crazy. Not just regular crazy, but over the top, utterly chaotically crazy. There were already enough that joked that Pinkie Pie were secretly a draconequus in disguise, and what she might do if she heard this, would just press that away from joke, and into straight up conspiracy theory territory.

Benny also felt rather sad for them, but his focus were mostly on what they wanted him to hear, because it'd be important as he went and visited his brother for answers. And likely remarks about how it just wasn't right that the baby brother of their family, hadn't come to visit before that. He'd probably get to feel a bit of a... Big brotherly moment from that, but alas, such were family sometimes, and it wasn't wrong. He really should go around and visit the various members of his family that had moved to Equestria, more often. Even his eldest sister, despite her quite literally making his smile feel weak, and cause him to shake with worry at times. She wasn't even that violent, she was just very intimidating.

On 2021-07-03 at 11:30 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Firstly, for now we just want to know where to find them if they indeed are kobolds...for how to tell if they are, assuming they are like in our Equestria, they should be around our size. some small differences exists of course, but we are around the average, bit over actually." "Our kind used to live deep underground before the sisters found us, and what we have been told, we were quite isolated, doing everything to keep surface out of our home and keeping ourselves off the surface. Apparently any time we found a new way up, we collapsed it." "But we are not hostile species, when some of us did end up on the surface, or vice versa, we did do our best to help anyone who needed help, though in the latter case we also sent them back up as quickly as possible." 

"So they should look like you, really not be happy about the sun, and be pretty deep down? Not sure about the size, but the last two would match what he told me, since he likes to dig down real deep. But I'll make sure to ask him in details, and maybe see if he can lead me down there. Not too happy about caves, since y'know, cave-ins and stuff, but we'll see. Take care until I'm back, and please try and have a good day, once Pinkie gets her hooves on you. It's not as bad as we maybe make it sound, I promise."

With that he'd wave at the lot of them with a big, goofy grin plastered on his face, and plant a kiss on Pop's forehead, before getting on his way. The sound of wings flapping were hear as he reached the great open outside, and he'd take off, towards jagged mountains, and family, in search of clues, regarding kobolds. Not how he imagined today would go, but hey, it were always nice to help others, and learn new things.

"*sigh* Silly dragon... Don't you two worry, he'll come back with answers, and hopefully it's the sort that you're hoping for."

"Pray tell though: If he does return with news of your kin, what then will you do? Go to them, and try to lead them? You must have some degree of a plan formulated, if it were the answer came back affirming they were there, yes?"

Onache had been silent, and mostly just observing things, but this seemed a good time to interject, and try to get some answers instead. One she thought might actually matter, as it would dictate what would happen with these two, within a few days. Something which she considered to be rather important to be aware of, quite honestly, for various reasons. Some of them being selfish.

======================================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 2021-07-01 at 2:11 PM, Windy Breeze said:

“Hey, what's going on here?" If 'individual' one ghost isn't enough, Razor peeks out from the entrance, “What's all the commotion?”

"Look, it's not... Okay, it's kinda what it looks like, but she started it."

Windy and her on the floor, Sorrow making sure to keep the Wonderbolt in check, while Tepe seemed to have done something up at the oven... Yeah, there really weren't a way around this, were there?

"Windy is just really impatient, and have to be held back. And Tepe? That's called an oven, not a furnace. And I saw you moved something on the panel. It wasn't the temperature were it? Baked goods can't handle too little or too much heat.

Oh dear Celestia, don't tell me with was the setting? If it goes from air to grill, that's gonna be a complete disaster! Okay, Windy? If I let go, can you behave yourself enough so that I can go check? And Tepe, try and put things back, because I know something was moved. There were a funny little movement thingie up there."

This were like caring for a bunch of kindergarteners, and not the oven had been meddled with. But in what way? She didn't know, and without their hostess here, she didn't know exactly what had to be the temperature either, nor really the setting, beyond what sound set setting were making. Wasn't like she had ever made these things before, and for all she knew, they could be more sensitive than a bundle of souffles.

=========================================================================

@Windy Breeze @Starforce @Kujamih

Luna sighed, ignoring the giggles coming from Cloudwatcher as she put Blitz down, “Please don't let this be a running gag”

"Awh, but you have a soft booper."

A low *Ffffff* sound came from behind the book, where Cloudwatcher kept doing her best to not openly laugh. Blue might have just let it out - a noise in here that made a few sets of eyes turn and look at her, wondering if she had gone mad perhaps, which then also extended to the guard trying to hide behind a book - but Blue appeared to be a friend of Luna's. That gave some degree of leeway to acting a certain way, that just wasn't there between strangers. Much less between a superior officer, and a recruit. So she had to try her best, even though Blitz were making this really hard. Adorable little troublemaker were sadly hitting just her kind of humor.

Curious anout the topic, Blue chimes in “What are these Sphinxes you guys are talking about? I heard from all you that they are really huge creators but this is the first time I ever heard of them”

On 2021-07-01 at 12:23 PM, Kujamih said:

" So Cali... If you see any sphinxes....please don't harrase them."

"H-Hold on. J-J *Pff* Just a s-sec..."

With Blitz having stopped her onslaught, Cloudwatcher could finally start to try and keep things here under control, but she'd need a bit of time here to take some deep breaths, and get herself under control. A few beginning giggles made it through, but she still personally thought that she were doing stellar work here, in not openly laugh like say, Blue were doing.

"O-Okay I'm.. I'm fine now. Just uhm... *clears throat* A little funny.

Anyway, sphinxes are large, catlike creatures. And I really mean big. Easily the height of ten ponies stood atop one another, from paw to ears, and possessing large wings. They have a mystical sort of magic that can grant wishes, but only if a deal is made. They can't utilize it otherwise, so it's important for them to make these sorts of things. Most of them live in their capitol, but sometimes, either a rogue one goes into the world to gain notoriety and fortune, or they go to one of the towns they technically own. Deals you know? And since their lifespan allegedly rivals that of dragons, they have a lot of time to enjoy their side of the bargain.

It's best to just stay out of their business, and let them be in their own areas. They seem contend with that, rather than trying to spread out into the world too much. If ever you see one, and you're lured into making a deal, or you want something badly enough, then make sure your words are chosen carefully though. Don't leave them holes in your agreement to exploit, and to be on the safe side, treat them with respect. They'll be less inclined to try anything, if you do. Allegedly, anyway.

I think there's still a part of this exhibition further in that might show one actually. From an old legend. It's a good piece of Equestrian history, but he had some talks about moving it for a time, to make space for some new things. Dunno if that have happened yet. I haven't been here for weeks."

==============================================================

@FanOfManyShows (Holy Celestia, you're back!)

General Screecher had not counted on chains suddenly erupting, grabbing her out of the air as she swooped downwards, and chaining her to the ground. Quite frankly, this were a big problem, as she could at that point, only grab the sword down her side, and stab if something got close to her, and that was it. Being a bat pony, she did not have magic. Shade had offered to teach her some times, but she had not wanted to break that taboo, nor were she willing to pay the price that came from trying to use magic, when she weren't a magic user. Something like that always had a cost, as were evident by these crazed users of the elements, and what seemed like insanity to some degree for all of them. Sure they were fighting Skall, but they also seemed to be just about ready to go too far and do something seriously damaging at any minute. Like Warlock, who were giving off quite an aminous energy right now. A disturbing one, with... Were that red eyes? She had to do something there. But as she could not move, all she would have were her voice. And so, she would use it.

"General Chariot! Control yourself this instance. He's baiting you!"

She had never called him either that name, nor his old title, but she thought that it might resonate with something in him. Some decency, of the pony he had once been, before his life took a dark spiral downwards. Even if it did not though, there would be one final player in this, and that would be Chow. Sure he wasn't a great mage or anything, but Astral were in this, and he'd be damned if he were just gonna let her get hammered again without him trying to help!

So he'd try and put what limited use of magic he knew thus far to use. Would be cool if he could just slab an enchantment on say, a knife, and chug it towards Skall, but with his knowledge... Well, he'd still try. It would either work, and break through with magic on the blade for a time, or it would fizzle out from being done improperly. Or you know, deflected. many ways it could go.

If it worked or not though, the element would manifest, and though she were still little more than a shadow, she would still stand in the way of the knife, and obfuscate the view of Skall. She wouldn't be able to do anything about it, but she'd make Skall aware of it too, in case he hadn't seen it coming before that.

"You won't take him from me again. He's Mine!"

Of course, her voice were rather low, and could barely be heard by anyone but Skall himself. Chariot might stand close enough to hear it though. Might prove useful later on. Though she herself, wouldn't. The shadowy figure still hadn't any real power to use here, and manifesting like this, however briefly, were all she'd be able to muster. She still needed more power.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Emerald would be just about done digging up the corpse she had sought out, as the shovel hit the lid. Grizzly business this were, but she'd withdraw the part that she'd need to repair Steelbeak, when next he showed himself, and then start pouring dirt back on the coffin. Put things into perspective for her, when she considered that doing something like this, didn't really bother her. Nothing she had the time to think of now though. She had a blood oath to keep.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia observed the seeming existence of the portal. Supposedly, she had sent the gryphon back to where he was from or at least that is what Magnolia assumed. She sighs, and her canine wolf form faded away and Fright could see the somewhat standoffish beautiful unicorn mare. She seemed...afraid in truth now that she revealed who she really is. She looks to Fright with an eyebrow raised somewhat. "I-I have heard about you but I was never told as to how you look." she stated and stepped a little closer.

"I find it interesting how you already know about Gretha and us. She said something about but I forgot what it was...hmm, something to do with you being a dragonesque? I think, yeah, I can see that..." she said in a fairly hesitant manner. 

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali laughs heartfully at the descriptions of the sphinx. "I don't need to strike deals with anyone for I already have what I want. At least, deals outside of purchasing property and items. So rest assured, I won't be messing with any gods or anyone of the like anytime soon!" she smiles, looking to Blitz with a sense of responsibility and fondness. "You know, instead of getting big mansions and all that I am content with watching over you, Blitz." she gently rested a hoof on Blitz's shoulder. 

@Blitz Boom
(My death has been, greatly exaggerated)

Skall looked at the tension around, Chariot fuming with magic too focused on this enemy to hear the cries of the . Seeing Chow trying to use magic, letting out but a pitiful chuckle at chow and his feeble attempt.
Skall grabbed the knife, twirled it around and attempted to stab at Chow, whether Chow could dodge would be decided as Chariot grapples Skall to the ground after the attempt

Suddenly a blast of light flares out, blinding to see directly, as everyone is tossed back several feet
Skall, starting to hover above, clutching the element, some aura behind him with a vague form to it. Almost manifesting the form of the element.
"You're weaker than I remember chariot, did the ponies friendship really do this to you? turning you into a sandbag,
Only an image of what you once were, a to be king of Equestria."

"I did it for my family, then you took me in and taught me dark magic!"

"So much for that, if you really did it for them, they wouldn't still be buried."

That was a mistake

in a heart beat Chariot summoned a blade, the swing of the sword was too quick for anyone to stop him, except it sliced straight through Skalls form.
A chuckle could be heard from their surroundings as clouds began to swirl up from the ground, separating Chariot form the rest of the group.
"Maybe you should've died with them, you could've been useful to the plants as you decomposed."

Chariot turns around, his eyes flaring with red magic as be began to tap into an ancient magic,
 from outside the clouds the rest could see the glow inside, the force of the wind keeping them from interfering.

"What should we do?" Astral asks, looking to Screecher

=======================================

Some reformed Changelings began to return from the ever free, as long ago a search party was sent out for Warlock
They now returned

"No sign of the element bearer?"

"We saw a group of ponies fighting something in the forest, a draconequus and later a dragon.
We saw the element bearer among them and we returned once it started to escalate"

"A draconequus and a dragon, did you see a griffon by any chance?"

"No mam', why?"

"They sounded familiar.
Well anyway, go let the canterlot guards know, I will put on my armor."

She said before walking away, going to standing before a door as her horn glows opening it,
"Can't believe they are still alive-"
it closes up behind her as she stops, quickly entering a battle stance

looking behind himself, Steelbeak glares at her, holding a deep red pulsing crystal, attached to some organic structures the magic flowing out to the rest of the hive.
"I had no idea you kept this thing, I thought you would've given it away like the good pony you are."

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Windy Breeze

"...." Light was out of words to say in this situation he is seeing Cali being like this.

"What the hell?" Is the first thing that he could think to say in this situation.

Light would try to rub his head and migraines away while thinking of the reason why Cali is acting this way.

" Blitz triggered Cali's maternal instincts?..... What? Does Cali even have that?" 

But Light also noticed that everyone is getting attached to Blitz. Including himself.

"This child can tame anypony!?"

Light looked at Blitz with fear.sketch-1625485113853.thumb.jpg.0f448d7ac335158e7bc629f32a51450f.jpg

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom

The siblings really couldn’t believe what just happened. No matter how many ways they tried to spin the tale in their heads, this was one where coincidences would be an apt description. Yet, there was truth in how a chain of events could lead to this outcome, something they couldn’t imagine. Perhaps it was just their lack of knowledge on background events, maybe there was a lot more to Rosa’s past they didn’t know about. Whatever the case, the longma were truly overjoyed at the moment.

With Ambassador Golden Sun’s talk of lodgings for Rosa, Sen was already getting some ideas in his head. Something to make the thestral’s place a lot more homely sounded just about right. Then again, he may need to calm himself and see what kind of accommodations the ambassador had in mind before deciding on anything. He’d keep his ideas to himself and let things play out before deciding what to do. 

For now, Lin would follow the ambassador’s lead, interested in seeing where they'd go next. Maybe there might be some time to ask what being an ambassador was like while they travelled. After all, it would be a waste to let this moment pass her by. Sen would hang back and keep pace with Rosa. The longma couldn’t wrap his head around a lot of things, mostly with what had happened earlier. Events in the wider world, things that Sen would never have known about… but those might not be the kind of things one would openly talk about at a time like this. Perhaps they would make good stories in private chats. 

“This has been quite a turn of events. How are you feeling? And how do you know the ambassador? Sorry, sorry! I just can't contain my excitement!” Sen would remember to pause himself and avoid asking too many questions now. Frankly, he had to keep his keep his energy and emotions in check. 

Lin would overhear her brother going on and on, letting out all of his pent-up anxiety as he found a moment of respite… if it can even be called that. She’d slow down to join them while barely able to stop herself chuckling at her brother’s display. Maybe talking to the ambassador could wait a little while.

“Please excuse Sen’s enthusiasm. He’s gone giddy after hearing the verdict.” Lin would then lean in a little closer to the thestral to whisper in her question, unsure if the generals wouldn’t react kindly if they heard what the longma would ask about. 

You really had all of that information for King Thorax to use?”

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

“Calm down, Blitz. This furna- oven's knob is already moving before I could do anything. I think this is how it works”

Razor grew interested, walking over to the oven, “Ah, I think I know how it works” he started explaining how the oven works, “this kind of prototype has a knob which acts as a timer which explains why it's moving. The model itself is very rare and very expensive. To see it in the hooves of an individual like Cimex is a rarity”

“I haven't heard of kind of mechanics in ovens before” Windy spoke up, proving his explanation to be most likely true.

“Ovens are unlikely heard of in my tribe” Tepe mused, “We don't really associate ourselves with technology”

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Kujamih

Luna sighed in defeat but did not say a word, just letting Blitz boop her whenever she want to. While Blue was both intrigue by the sphinxes though she isn't looking forward meeting one.

Edited by Windy Breeze

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-07-05 at 4:42 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“This has been quite a turn of events. How are you feeling? And how do you know the ambassador? Sorry, sorry! I just can't contain my excitement!” Sen would remember to pause himself and avoid asking too many questions now. Frankly, he had to keep his keep his energy and emotions in check. 

"We have never met, though that will change n the times ahead. By the grace of the eternal princesses, I am humbly serving diplomatically for the kingdom of Equestria, in whatever way I can. Counter intelligence does at time require my awareness, if information is found that needs to be properly introduced to our great allies, such as her radiant majesty, Princess Arabian Night. And I will admit to having some curiosity to see how his probation will go. I wish to hope that there will be nothing but positive results fro this compromise we have arranged."

As they were still not away from the room with the generals, nor the guards, the ambassador would not answer much more than this, as they wandered the halls, and made their way into the fresh air. Not that they were done walking at that point of course, but he would allow himself a few seconds to catch his breath, under the pretense of watching the great outdoors.

"You don't appear to be doing well."

"A recent attack on Canterlot had me slammed rather hard against the throne of Princess Celestia. I have received great medical care, and I am ever grateful for it, yet even mended, some things take time to properly heal. It is one reason why I have a personal attendee with me as I wander. A trusted companion whose service I shall not soon forget."

Said attendant still didn't say a word, nor really seemed to react to anything around him. His sole focus were on monitoring the ambassador, and ensuring that anything that seemed like it might be critical, would be taken care of. As well as anything taken note of at all, were monitored, in case it was a precursor. Golden should have been bedridden, but as he refused to do so, he had agreed to this helper, until his health had improved well enough. Which he'd need sleep and calm for, but there were too much to do. Maybe soon though, he would have the time. After he were done with these beings.

On 2021-07-05 at 4:42 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Please excuse Sen’s enthusiasm. He’s gone giddy after hearing the verdict.” Lin would then lean in a little closer to the thestral to whisper in her question, unsure if the generals wouldn’t react kindly if they heard what the longma would ask about. 

You really had all of that information for King Thorax to use?”

"You needn't apologize. As he is your friend, I can understand his relief."

Rosa would in the meantime, lean back in, and respond to what he had been asked. Yet quickly, as to not raise suspicion, as they were about to move into the next building.

"Potentially? I hadn't scoured through it all, when I got a lead on Filigree."

As they entered the next building, there would be a staircase to their right. The ambassador would point towards the path, that swirled upwards into who knew where.

"Please follow this, and then it is the second door on the right. I would accompany you all the way, but I need to avoid this degree of strain."

With that, his horn would let off a flash of light, and both he and his attendant, would teleport away. Though they could be near him again within the next four minutes, as the staircase were not too long, and just led to the second floor up here. Usually there'd be gaurs around here too, but they had been informed he would have guests, and that they weren't going to be needed. So after a short walk, they would be in his office. Whoever came in last, would then find that he would close the door with magic, while his attendant were applying a red salve to the side of his barrel. Something which seemed like it were giving him some degree of relief.

Four seats had been arranged for his guests too, though Omen wouldn't sit on hers. Instead she would wander over to a lit candle, and eye it thoughtfully.

"Thank you for joining me here. To be brief, here is your file, with your accommodations, Rosa. It is in the scarcely populated part of Canterlot, which I would not have recommended, but I were eventually convinced of the benefits. Among them, a certain degree of privacy, and it is not as f the house is run down. It have been renovated in advance."

"I mean no disrespect, Ambassador Golden, but might I ask how long preparation you had for all of this? The papers I had were informative, but I am not certain if they were put in enough order to do this much, nor for you to react upon them, after contacting Thorax. One whom - and I mean nothing ill of this - are not aware of how such papers work. Have you dealt with these things yourself before?"

"I wish I could take all credit for this, yet sadly I cannot. There were much code and confusion in the paperwork that I got, yet I were informed that there were much to gain, if only I could procure them. So I did, and they were then handled by a professional."

"Several of those codes are only used by my former associates. What sort of professional are we talking about?"

"The sort who have a vested interest in you."

Golden would procure something from his drawer, along with the file mentioned, and put it on top. 4 small, colored crystal, embedded in a coin. Something which Rosa knew only one being who used, and he'd suddenly stagger back with a look of actual, tangible fear on his face.

"N-No... You too?"

"As I said, the protection and prosperity of our glorious kingdom, is my topmost priority. Thus were the wish of Princess Arabian Night, and so I obey. And to proper, one most understand the idea of compromise, and whom it is well worth keeping on your good side. So yes, even I deal with her, as you now too will do. To give you her message in full:

*I pulled you out of the pit, and I can just as easily throw you further in, than you would have ever been, had I stayed out of this. You are mine now, Rosa.*"

He'd lean back in his seat, as Rosa swallowed what felt like a cactus.

"And she have wished for your presence. Noon tomorrow, she will have you summoned to her, long as you keep those coins within your grasp. I was also told to ask you specifically, Omen, to please not swallow it."

"Okay. Can I eat your candle?"

"...If you wish to.

And none of you need to worry. She said you had dealt with her before as it were, and would have something else to speak with you about regardless. What, I am not aware of, but she said you would be pleased. I find it wise to not ask, if she does not wish to tell."

The siblings should know who he spoke of, even if names did not get mentioned. After all, they had been handed these coins before. The toll to get ferried, to the golem makers, by Scarcity herself.

=================================================================

@Starforce

On 2021-07-05 at 12:53 AM, Magnolia said:

"I-I have heard about you but I was never told as to how you look." she stated and stepped a little closer.

"I find it interesting how you already know about Gretha and us. She said something about but I forgot what it was...hmm, something to do with you being a dragonesque? I think, yeah, I can see that..." she said in a fairly hesitant manner. 

"I am. In times long past, when the chaos were thick and plentiful, our kind were often made from events, instead of parents. I came to be when one of Discord's tricks caused much fear, and from that, I rose. And for a long time, I lived up to this, yet I came to meet one who had conquered theirs, and through his wisdom, understood that there were a better way. I have elected to not put you through this, as you remained mostly composed, but your friend will understand. For she feared me on sight, as my visage is prone to doing, and so, I hold her fear. Just as I held that of the best, and the griffin. Would you like to try being without, if just for a moment?"

If Magnolia said no, she wouldn't do anything. If she said yes though, Magnolia would suddenly find that what fears she did have, were suddenly gone. A burden risen from her shoulders, which should allow her some peace of mind. At least until Fright elected to end it.

"And we met, you remember not? When Gretha flew you to town, I rose up to speak briefly with her. I suppose, her impressive visage may have obscured me from view, if your angle were not proper.

Worry not about me though. I have faced my own fears, and made it a boon, as I help others to surpass their fears, within my temple grounds. Even if we are spirits of things often negative in nature, there is ways to use our strengths for the good of many. I found mine, as did Avarice, and Gluttony, even if they needed much of my guidance."

She didn't try anything funny as she spoke. Fright remained calm, soothing, and hospitable, as she floated in the air, lifted by the lily pads under the tips of her spider legs. Among their kind, she had long been seen as probably the most terrifying to meet, but considering what nature she were off, were it much of a surprise? How might she be fear, if she did not invoke terror with her visage too? Normally anyway.

=====================================================================

@Starforce @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Blitz were feeling all happy and full of smiles at all the positivity suddenly flowing through the air. Especially from Cali, who were starting to become really friendly. Even said she'd be happy to watch over her! That deserved another hug.

"Yeeey, more friends around. So fun to have lots and lots of friends. Just like the Everfree Forest, but with less wood puppies, and parents saying mean things."

She sorta missed the timberwolves though. Sure they had growled and tried to chase her down for munchies when she first woke up in the forest, but their bark were good for firework casings, and there were lots of it. Usually they shed some to distract her when she came around even, so they could run away. Silly things was afraid, because she had given them kaboomies when they tried to eat her. Silly wood puppies.

"Well, it's good to have more keep an eye on her on a somewhat regular basis, I suppose. It's very noble of you to do such a thing. And thank you for not trying to interfere with the sphinx. Some things are just best to leave be, even though I guess if the rumor about the one in Canterlot is real, you might see one eventually. I just have a hard time believing that one still. It just seem so... Weird, that they'd contact us."

Blitz would come bouncing over the Cloudwatcher as she'd talk, and rub her head against her leg like a cat. Something that couldn't help give the guard a smile on her face, and she took a hoof through Blitz surprisingly soft mane. A brief encounter, as she'd then wander over towards Light, whom had been saying funny things before, and she knew just what to say to that. Maybe. She'd sorta open her muzzle and see what fell out. That'd be good, yes?

"Taming ponies? Does that mean I get to put a pretty collar on you?  Ooooh, you'd look pretty with blue sparkly stones."

======================================================

@Windy Breeze

On 2021-07-05 at 6:14 PM, Windy Breeze said:

Razor grew interested, walking over to the oven, “Ah, I think I know how it works” he started explaining how the oven works, “this kind of prototype has a knob which acts as a timer which explains why it's moving. The model itself is very rare and very expensive. To see it in the hooves of an individual like Cimex is a rarity”

“I haven't heard of kind of mechanics in ovens before” Windy spoke up, proving his explanation to be most likely true.

“Ovens are unlikely heard of in my tribe” Tepe mused, “We don't really associate ourselves with technology”

"Ooooh, I've heard about those. Phew. I was afraid we were messing something up really badly."

She'd let go of Windy, and would try to get up, but were prepared to having to tackle the Wonderbolt again, before she'd go over and be brazen enough to try and actually open the oven.

"I think grandmother was offered one of these at some point, but she doesn't really like technology like that. She's more traditional. I have a cousin that's an engineer though. I bet she'd get giddy seeing something like this. Or maybe she'd poke around to see if it was possessed. Bet she'd just challenge the ghost to a bakeoff though. She's kinda weird like that, but very lovable.

What were we on about again? ...Right, the oven. Funny that Cimex have that, if they're really that high end. Maybe she have some friends in high places, or helped somepony important once? I bet there's a story to it, that'd be worth hearing. If she'd like to tell it, of course. I don't think we should press her for personal stuff like that, if she doesn't want to. It's kinda rude.

By the way, where were you, Razor? I was kinda wondering if you had returned to the other side of town, or something like that. Were you watching over your friend?"

@FanOfManyShows

Chow didn't get hit, but he were out of options, as the two element users sealed themselves off to do their grand battle. As well as not sure what exactly they were gonna do, which is why he turned to the general. She must have some sort of idea, right?

Well, she did, but it involved biting a hole in her own lip, and letting the blood spill down on the ground. Not something Chow saw being all that useful, but as she then started to use her wing to write symbols with said blood, he gathered this were something that had meaning, but were also pretty bad. And it was. Not technically magic, but a kind of summoning, that the general did not like to use, but she were out of options here. She needed assistance, and this would get her somepony here that would.

As the final dash were made, the blood would turn dark crimson, and then black, as smoke began to pour from it. And from the smoke, would soon step a familiar, shadow-clad pony. Shade Hunter had reacted to the summoning, by getting there as requested of him, regardless of him being absent. Something which he knew were only done as an emergency, and now he needed to take action. Though it wasn't truly him. It were a manifestation, much like the one that had been destroyed earlier were. Getting himself fully here would take more magic, but spending some of his consciousness in a construct? Not so much, so it were more ideal for this emergency.

"Shade. free me of these chains, and provide cover fire. Everypony, run. Now! Warlock is being baited, and can't see clearly now. We're in the crossfire."

Chow were gonna take her up on that, and go help Opal to get away. If she were still unconscious, he'd bloody carry her. Not the first time he had to carry a pony, and wouldn't be the last either.

As for the general, Shade would get a shadowy blade forth, and slash the chains apart, no matter how much force he'd need to do so, and wouldn't stop until Screecher were free. She'd then focus on getting them all directed away from here, whilst Shade remained to try and handle what might come through the clouds, or at least take the hit, if worst came to worst. Everything for his general, no matter the cost.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia said yes, before she felt all of her fears and anxiety simply fade away at Fright's power. She smiles widely and stepped closer. "Thank you so much for getting rid of that. I feel...so much better now. I feel as if this what I truly...want to be." she said, tilting her head slightly as she looks up into Fright's eyes with no hesitation. "I do remember you now, it is just that I was not able to see you as you are now. You tell quite a tale." Magnolia nods in understanding.

"If you wish to hear my own tale, my parents never loved me and cast me out to an orphanage. It was only until a later date did I discover my true heritage, for I am the older sister of Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor. For years, I wandered the land on my own. I simply did my own thing and studied my shadow magic. I had my own encounters with other sorts ranging from the murderous to the most joyful yet I always stayed as I was because nobody truly reached my heart..." she spoke with honesty as she looks to her friend Zeehva. "Until I had met her. She helped me." Magnolia didn't quite have the words and felt that she said all that she needed to say. With the lack of fear, she was more introspective and reflecting on her past in a positive manner. 

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Cali laughs happily at Light's words before her tail wags a little bit at how happy she was. "I wouldn't say it is noble normally but you are right. Normally I would have gone in hopes of finding the riches of the land for myself however, that had not turned out well last time and I am fine at the moment so I will not interfere with things as I once did." she paused slightly, watching Blitz with watchful eyes.

"However that sphinx in canterlot may be the odd one out. I find that most unusual. I hope Molotov is okay though. He should be good in a few hours, so we still have some time." Cali spoke as she went over to Blitz to give her some gentle pats on the head.

@Blitz Boom
They would start running, or at least the ones who couldn't defend themselves
Things would pick up pace as a swirling storm began to grow from the clouds, extending to the sky as Shade was able to cut Screecher free, Skall to focused on Chariot to bother maintaining the chains.
"ENOUGH!"
Chariot cried out, before flames erupted out of the swirling clouds, a brief glimpse of skall could be seen, blood splattering across the ground as his currently invisible form tumbled across the dust

His form shimmered back, dirty and grinning as he stood back up, his claw coated in his blood with a hole going straight through him.
"That's what I was looking for."

Chariot plowed into him, forcing him back to the ground
"Can you contain him?"
He said, looking to Shade

"Don't you DARE, I am your king!""
He said, scowling at Chariot with sharp teeth, raring to begin casting a deadly spell

==================================

Rose rolled her eyes at Emerald who seemed to be taking more time than she needed to, she really should've just pulled the body out of the grave in the first place
Steelbeak returning, appearing holding a crystal.
His breaths were heavy, exhausted, it appeared he just left a battle
"That changeling dog had it, I left before she could do anything." He said, tossing it to Rose who caught it. 

He wasn't lying either, Nectar had been swiftly defeated, but now she would certainly warn the elements of harmony about this.

"Ruby? Of course, element of betrayal in the hands of a changeling. What name did she go by this time?"

"Nectar, in some attempt to reform herself."

"Of course."
She looked at Emerald and hesitated, considering pocketing it
"You know... If you leave your sister behind, and join us..."
She holds it out
"I'll give you this."

"To her? You're kidding. Cares too much about family to hold betrayal in her hooves."