Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP mobile game ranting thread

RainbowMau

I'm sorry, but I couldn't avoid opening this thread after what happened today.

I was in level 78 and it resetted to leven 72, I had 140 magic shards and they were reseted to just 1 (just 10 left to open the magic stone), I got rid of all parasprites in Ponyville and they were resetted in more than one element, I had 121 gems and they resetted to 29, I lost Trenderhoof and probably Scootaloo too after achieving her challenge goals.

So, I'm not the only one who is having those issues with game resetting and dealing with lots of parasprites, are you having any of those issues with the game?

Edited by RainbowMau

It's device based, meaning if you lose your device or delete the game you lose everything including any realife cash stuff you spent (I didn't spend $$$ though, glad I didn't)

What if someone went "Derp" and deleted your app, and you happened to invest dollars into this game? Well...

It's device based, meaning if you lose your device or delete the game you lose everything including any realife cash stuff you spent (I didn't spend $$$ though, glad I didn't)

What if someone went "Derp" and deleted your app, and you happened to invest dollars into this game? Well...

Yes, but when the game crashes and resets itself it's really frustrating. A huge part of my progress is gone.

The game has reset on me and deleted a huge amount of my progress twice now, the most recent time being only a couple of days ago. 

I don't think I can bring myself to play it anymore, which is a shame because I really liked playing it and I had quite a few friends from the forum added.

The game has reset on me and deleted a huge amount of my progress twice now, the most recent time being only a couple of days ago. 

I don't think I can bring myself to play it anymore, which is a shame because I really liked playing it and I had quite a few friends from the forum added.

What kind of game is this? I thougt they only had crappy mini-games for mobile for MLP?

If you are familiar with save.dat files in a device based game you can in fact save the data, delete the game, install the game from scratch, and them swap the new save.dat file with your backup copy.

Easy to do on iOS ... a pain on Android.

I do it regularly though when I come up against the launch cycle crash issue.  

• Brohoof 1

If you are familiar with save.dat files in a device based game you can in fact save the data, delete the game, install the game from scratch, and them swap the new save.dat file with your backup copy.

Easy to do on iOS ... a pain on Android.

I do it regularly though when I come up against the launch cycle crash issue.

Do you have to jailbreak to do that?

(edited)

Now that I lost a lot of progress I wonder WHY THE FUCK are there very few events and it's harder to find gems!

I need more challenges to recover all the progress I lost and I can't if I only receive one challenge per day!!! Pretty bad moment to reduce the challenge number.

Edited by RainbowMau

I only spend maybe 5 minutes at a time, and I close the app manually every time I put my phone down, so I don't really lose much progression, if I've even lost any.

You could try complaining to Gameloft, but without before/after screenshots, they probably won't do anything.

Sorry for your loss, @RainbowMau.