Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Godzilla Fan Club, the Fan Club of the King of the Monsters

Darker

So I think it's very obvious what you're doing here. You are here because you are the fan of the King of the Monsters.

Godzilla, the one and only first daikaiju than ever existed. His message still ives up to this day, and the story around him is tragic as hell.

But since this is a respectful thread to the Gojira mythos, we will accept the fact that the 1998 movie exists, and especially that the amazing show based on it also happened.

The 2014 movie is also included.

But to accept you here you must answer the next questions:

1.Any Godzilla movies you've seen?

2.Are you fan of the genre?

3.Which is your favourite Godzilla monster(after the King, of course)?

4.Do you think the dark moral of the story in the original 1954 movie still holds up 'til this day?

5.What's your favourite design of Godzilla?

6.Which other monster(or a character from another franchise) you wish Godzilla fought?

7.Which of the atomic breaths do you think looked the coolest?

8.Do you prefer the nice friendly Godzilla or the Godzilla that destroys everything on its path?

9.Do you know what Godzilla means?

10. Are you hyped for the next Godzilla movie that will come out in 2018 with monsters from the original franchise?

11.Favourite Godzilla movie?

12.Favourite Godzilla show?

13.What was your reaction at the "Kiss of Death" scene?

14.Should Zilla (98s Godzilla) be appreciated in the franchise or hated?

15.From 1 to 10, how awesome is Godzilla's roar?

post-29199-0-00516700-1411765919_thumb.jpg

1. I have seen every single movie.

2. Yes, I am a fan of the genre.

3. Probably Gigan or Ghidorah.

4. Yes, I very much do.

5. Coin toss between G14 and G95.

6. I'd like to see Godzilla battle Gomora from Ultraman.

7. The Godzilla 2000 breath.

8. I prefer destructive(but neutral) Godzilla.

9. Gorilla-Whale.

10. Of course.

11. Undecided.

12. The Tristar cartoon.

13. Fatality.

14. Ignored.

15. Perfect 10/10.

• Brohoof 1

1. I have seen every single movie.

2. Yes, I am a fan of the genre.

3. Probably Gigan or Ghidorah.

4. Yes, I very much do.

5. Coin toss between G14 and G95.

6. I'd like to see Godzilla battle Gomora from Ultraman.

7. The Godzilla 2000 breath.

8. I prefer destructive(but neutral) Godzilla.

9. Gorilla-Whale.

10. Of course.

11. Undecided.

12. The Tristar cartoon.

13. Fatality.

14. Ignored.

15. Perfect 10/10.

Perfect comment. Right here.

I'd like to apply!

1. I have seen ever movie except Godzilla Raids Again and Son of Godzilla.

2. Yes I am. I also like the Gamera movies, and have a special love for a certain British movie by the name of Gorgo.

3. None other than MechaGodzilla.

4. I think it does, but it holds a different meaning than it did; especially with terror groups as opposed to nations.

5. I LOVE his GMK appearance.

6. The momma Gorgo. She was a tough son of a gun! Gamera would be cool to!

7. Again, gotta go with GMK. 

8. I prefer the one where he is essentially an unstoppable force of nature; evil or anti-hero.

9. That depends on what you mean specifically. Literally, Gorilla & Whale. Metaphorically, a representation of the fears of nuclear holocaust; both the affects & after-effects.

10. You're damn RIGHT I am!

11. The original Gojira.

12. The animated GINO film, for lack of a better term.

13. I quite liked it!

14. I'd say appreciated. Honestly, if it was just called "Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" it'd be all right, IMO.

15. No rating system on Earth can define how awesome it is.

• Brohoof 1

Being a fan of King of the Monsters himself, I guess I should post on here: 

1. I have seen every Godzilla film up to date. 

2. Yes, I am a fan of the genre. 

3. King Ghidorah (I can't wait to see him in the 2018 film!!)

4. I think that it does, but I also think that people will tend to change the meaning of the film throughout the future. 

5. It is sort of a tie between Legendary's 2014 design (Godzilla) and the Toho's 1999 design (Godzilla 2000: Millennium) 

6. Perhaps a larger version of Yamata no Orochi, Super Special SpaceGodzilla High Grade Type Two, or Hyper Mecha-King Ghidorah. (Yes they are real, but I am not sure if they are considered canon or not)

7. I can't tell between 2014 or 2000. They are both cool. 

8. I prefer the one that will only attack if attacked first. 

9. The name: Gorilla & Whale. The original movie: Nuclear Weapons are Bad. 

10. You are seriously asking me this question?!? Of course I want to see it!

11. 1954 original, 2014 remake, and (just because it was the one that introduced me to the series) the 1998 version. 

12. Godzilla: The Series (the one with Zilla Junior)

13. My Reaction?: 

tumblr_mzfxr9x9e61tq4of6o1_400.gif

14. I personally believe that they had a great monster to work with, but they put him in the wrong movie series. 

15. That is like asking me to explain how to Divide Infinity by 0 without saying that it is impossible in anyway. There is just no possible way to explain.

• Brohoof 1

1:  I've pretty much seen all of the movies from the 1st one up through Godzilla vs destroah, except for I think 2.  The one where he fights a giant crab creature and doesn't is awakened by lightning.   And the one where baby godzilla hatches.  

2: I am, of the original movie series and at least some of the 2nd movie series.  I've not seen anything after Godzilla vs Destroah so can't say about them.

3: That is a hard choice.  I guess either king gedorah or mecha godzilla.  

4: It does I would say.  

5: I can't really pick.  Like I have no 1 favorate doctor.  

6 - 7: I've not though about it before.  

8: depends on my mood.

9: I think it means gorilla whale, named after a guy that worked at the studio that, I think, was his nickname.  

10: Once it comes out on dvd, depending what the majority say about it and any reviews I can see.  

11: also depends on my mood.  Destroy all monsters may be if it were longer since it had so many Kaiju in it.  

12: I'd have to say the original one from the 70's that I use to watch as a kid.  Even though his annoying nephew was around more then he was.  Which I'm sure no one but me has heard of.  Luckily I got the dvd's of season 1 before they went out of print.  Sadly no season 2 will be out on dvd's.  On the plus side this Godzilla could shoot lasers from his eyes.

13: Must be a new movie scene I've not seen.  

14: if someone likes the movie I say let them.  Though that is not really godzilla to me.  Much the same as calling King Kong Godzilla, or one of the giant ants from Them.  

15:  above 10 I'd say, diffidently.

Edit: Think I"ll go watch an episode.  Talking about it briefly makes me want to see an episode again.

Edited by Kulstor
  • Brohoof 1

12: I'd have to say the original one from the 70's that I use to watch as a kid.  Even though his annoying nephew was around more then he was.  Which I'm sure no one but me has heard of.  Luckily I got the dvd's of season 1 before they went out of print.  Sadly no season 2 will be out on dvd's.  On the plus side this Godzilla could shoot lasers from his eyes.

Pretty awesome cartoon. Hannah-Barbera knows how to keep things right. Even if it was for kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DbW_D5CrG8

Didn't think anyone but me had heard, let alone watched that show.  The dvd didn't work,but I was still able to watch the episode by navigating through the dvd menus and luckily for me the media player I use can play .vob files fine. 

I wonder if there are many godzilla fan videos or fan music videos. 

Godzilla! <3

I used to watch the old Gojira movies all the time as a kid. I remember loving them, despite how insane they were. Anyways, I enjoyed the new American Godzilla movie as well. (The one with Walter White, not the crappy 90's one.)

• Brohoof 1

I wonder if there are many godzilla fan videos or fan music videos. 

Are you kidding?

There are thousands or who knows maybe even MILLIONS of Godzilla fan videos.

I enjoyed the new American Godzilla movie as well. (The one with Walter White, not the crappy 90's one.)

In only 2 days I've already watched it 4 times. It's THAT amazing. Thank God(zilla) that Gareth Edwards is a fan of the genre.

• Brohoof 1

I thought he had few fans since godzilla is an old monster and most of today's folks don't like anything old.  Which means nothing before 2000 or so.

There are lots of Godzilla fans out there. The Godzilla fandom is pretty big, there are a few young kids, but it's mostly older people from 20 to 30 years old.

So any hopes for Godzilla 2, which is out on June 8th, 2018? I just want some more Godzilla. I know he can't be in every frame of the movie, but I would like a few minutes more than what we got in this year's film. I do agree the human element is important, but in the end the kaiju are what we are paying to see. So overall I'd like a slightly more balanced human/kaiju screentime ratio.

So any hopes for Godzilla 2, which is out on June 8th, 2018? I just want some more Godzilla. I know he can't be in every frame of the movie, but I would like a few minutes more than what we got in this year's film. I do agree the human element is important, but in the end the kaiju are what we are paying to see. So overall I'd like a slightly more balanced human/kaiju screentime ratio.

I hope they give him a bit more screen time. The sequel needs it. It has not only Rodan and Mothra, but also friggin' King Ghidorah!!

The sequel is hopefully going to be as awesome as the first one.

I hope they give him a bit more screen time. The sequel needs it. It has not only Rodan and Mothra, but also friggin' King Ghidorah!!

The sequel is hopefully going to be as awesome as the first one.

Well they never specifically said ALL three will be in G2. Mothra will most certainly be in, but Ghidorah might, and imo should, be saved for G3.

• Brohoof 1

Another nice fan club, I see.

1.Any Godzilla movies you've seen?

1998, Vs. Biollante, Vs. Mothra, Vs. King Ghidorah, Vs. Destoroyah (one of my favorites) and 2014 (another favorite).

2.Are you fan of the genre?

A little bit.

3.Which is your favourite Godzilla monster(after the King, of course)?

Gigan.

hhd5lMT.jpg

M.O.G.U.E.R.A

li0YNLp.jpg

Mothra.

3XOukvI.png

4.Do you think the dark moral of the story in the original 1954 movie still holds up 'til this day?

A bit.

5.What's your favourite design of Godzilla?

The 2014 and (flame shield activate) 1998 designs.

6.Which other monster(or a character from another franchise) you wish Godzilla fought?

Trypticon from Transformers, all the Kaijus from Pacific Rim, Smaug from The Hobbit or Clover from Cloverfield.

7.Which of the atomic breaths do you think looked the coolest?

Vs. SpaceGodzilla and 2014.

8.Do you prefer the nice friendly Godzilla or the Godzilla that destroys everything on its path?

Both.

9.Do you know what Godzilla means?

Doesn't it mean "God lizard"?

10. Are you hyped for the next Godzilla movie that will come out in 2018 with monsters from the original franchise?

Hell yes!

11.Favourite Godzilla movie?

Vs. Destoroyah and 2014.

12.Favourite Godzilla show?

The one based of the 1998 movie.

13.What was your reaction at the "Kiss of Death" scene?

AWESOME!

14.Should Zilla (98s Godzilla) be appreciated in the franchise or hated?

Appreciated. I actually like Zilla.

15.From 1 to 10, how awesome is Godzilla's roar?

10. Anything less would be unacceptable.

Edited by ShadowPirateX

Well they never specifically said ALL three will be in G2. Mothra will most certainly be in, but Ghidorah might, and imo should, be saved for G3.

I agree, Ghidorah should be the last. But I want that bad-ass electric golden hydra SO badly. Or atleast Mecha-Godzilla, that would be great too.