How old is too old for cons?

RainbowMau

You're never too old for conventions. I went to a toy convention in Santa Rosa and there were plenty of people that looked like they were over the age of 25. I saw brony convention videos on YouTube and there were people that looked over 25 as well.

Death is the age limit for cons! Even then, I'll try to find a way to go to one, even after becoming a stiff!

But yeah, age doesn't matter! Who cares if you're 29? If you wanna go to a con, then by all means, go!

However, cons are hard places to meet new people on average.

Isn't it hard to meet new people mostly anywhere these days...

I've really wanted to go to a con but probably end up going by myself which would be meaningless. No one I know enjoys the stuff I like and going to a con is one of those thing in which going with others would be greater I would think.

Edited by Gone Airbourne

Isn't it hard to meet new people mostly anywhere these days...

That's very true. And because of that I've rethought my prior answer. :)

I've really wanted to go to a con but probably end up going by myself which would be meaningless. No one I know enjoys the stuff I like and going to a con is one of those thing in which going with others would be greater I would think.

Most of the time, yes. However... and this is a big however and part of my rethink I mentioned before... I've found cons are a great place to meet people you already know, but have never met. If you're a part of a long-distance community like this one cons are possibly the biggest opportunity to meet up with people you normally only know online (or for people like me who are old enough to remember them, through snailmail fanzines and newsletters.) It's always a bit surprising when you find out exactly how far some people travel to go to cons. It opens up a lot of opportunities, but it's also one of those things that pays to plan and arrange stuff ahead of time.

Some weeks ago I told at another forum that I tried to meet more people at anime cons and someone replied me that I'm almost 30 and cosplay events are not places to meet people or my lovemate for me anymore, that I should try with salsa dance classes or learning a language cause they're frequented by people from our age, and she also said "A place where people goes disguised as anime characters is not a place for adults to start relationships for me".

So, is there a limit age? I'm 29 so according to this person the limit age must be like... 25? :(

Naah. People who are even older than You go to any kind of cons. I know pegasis in her 60s who went to a con just recently. 

But I also have to say other thing. Don't treat cons as some kind of dating place. They are not made for that purpose and trying to find a special someone there can end up with very awkward situations (let's say that for example some people tend to look younger or older than they really are :P ). Just go there for fun, talk with people. If You find great girl that will later become Your gf - great. But don't make it Your #1 priority. 

So... don't worry, go on a con and enjoy Your time there. And if someone says You are too old - well, it is... like... their opinion. Opinion that differs from facts. 

according to this person

There's the problem.

On the off chance they have the Laws of the Universe on their side, could you get me a copy?

Here's hoping that joke is well received. I've historically found them a tad rough, but felt right here.

Anyway. Don't let others decide how you live...otherwise, you aren't living.

• 5 months later...

An age limit on a convention? No way! Conventions are E for everyone. There is nothing wrong with going to a convention and enjoying what you love. Heck, I'll be going to a pony convention soon and I'll be in college. I maybe be an adult, but that won't stop me from loving MLP.

You're never too old as far as I'm concerned. I've never been to a con yet but I plan to go to everfreenw next month.

I just went to a con and I was one of the youngest people there, I'm 20, most of the people who attended was 20-40, I saw done young kids, some teens, some people 50-60+ you can never be to old for anything you love to do