Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Thoughts on Game Grumps?

ovr9000percentcooler

16 users have voted

1. 1. who is better in game grumps (arin Hanson isn't an option because he was there since the beginning)

• Jontron
    • Danny (sexbang)
    • goddammit Ross *sigh*

I freaking love the Game Grumps. Watching them play through Sonic 06 was one of the things that kept me sane through the last year of high school.

I was pretty shocked when Jon left (like most people), but I'm also liking where Danny is taking things. He provides a fresh new look on things, and really changes up the dynamic (in a good way). And honestly, towards the end of Jon's run, it seemed like they were getting burned out. They still had their funny moments, but Jon (and Arin's) refusal to follow directions was bound to grate on people if they stayed like that for another year. With Danny, it feels like a new era, and they're both more focused on the game and pulling their comedy from there.

The only problem I see is that with Danny, he has the tendency to reuse some running gags, which while still funny, can start to be annoying through overuse.

While I understand why Jon left and I'm pretty happy with Danny, I'd still say a part of me misses him. I hope that the bridge with the Grumps wasn't totally burned down, and Jon and Arin are still friends. Fingers crossed for Jon to Guest Grump to finish Sonic!

I like Game Grumps. I haven't watched them in a long time (before Jon left). I quickly got bored of their videos after watching maybe a dozen or so but from the videos I did see I liked. I never made it a priority to watch anymore though.  I'm really glad that Jon decided to quit GG. I honestly wanted him back on his main channel making more JonTron videos because those videos are freaking awesome and always keep me entertained. I'm probably never going to watch GG ever again. But who knows? Maybe way far off in the future I might check out the channel again.

Interestingly, I've only watched a few videos by Game Grumps but I have watched around 100 of the animated videos. I don't really enjoy watching people play video games that much, so the highlights from the animated videos really gets me to the comedy aspect of their videos. 

• Brohoof 2

Interestingly, I've only watched a few videos by Game Grumps but I have watched around 100 of the animated videos. I don't really enjoy watching people play video games that much, so the highlights from the animated videos really gets me to the comedy aspect of their videos.

That's one of the reasons I watch their videos, for the most part the try to incorporate actual comedy and while they play video games, not to mention they also have reasonable conversations, sometimes informative even. Unlike other people, such as PewDiePie or Tobuscus, I actually laughed a few times watching game grumps.

• Brohoof 2

I miss Jon alot. I miss his ECH, his fat kirby voice (which never fails to crack me up), and his overall happiness. But Danny has made me laugh too, particularly his "Mayor Luigi", the MYCARUBA lines, and his Mr. Wilson. I love this new "Silver Age" of Game Grumps.

Honestly, I'd never heard of them, but the first video that came up when I did watch them was of Bubble Bobble. My brother and I played the snot out of the game when we were kids. Instant win in my book.

• 3 weeks later...

i was just watching an older episode with jontron and it gave me an idea to ask you guys who in your opinion is better jontron or danny.

Im gonna go with danny he came up with the idea for steam train then got ross in and made the show so much more

best of jontron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4ZzONYub4

best of danny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NCBXU85Upk

i know its kinda weird that arin isn't in the poll but he is worth more

post-11553-0-66545400-1384868095_thumb.jpg

Edited by a jewel of rarity
  • Brohoof 1

I really miss Jon... he just always brought such an unbridled ENERGY to the show and had such a ridiculously contagious laugh. He was always spontaneous and goofy; seemingly trying to actually entertain the audience. I don't know, Jon and Arins chemistry just worked. They were more or less on opposite sides of every discussion and opinion so there was always a reasonable debate with all the jokes thrown in.

Danny is just too similar to Arin... They go together too well, there's no conflict so it's just kind of boring to me. Not to mention Danny has one of the most pathetic laughs I've ever heard in my life. dry.png(But hey, that's just my two bits!)

• Brohoof 2

Yeah Aniki said pretty much everything there is to say. I don't think Danny is bad, he just isn't as good as Jontron. I gave him a chance and stuck with Game Grumps a few more weeks after Jon left but it wasn't the same. For me Game Grumps isn't Game Grumps anymore, it's just another game show now.

Edited by hawkminusthree

Honestly both Jon & Dan both bring a lot to the table. Jon had that crazy, yelling attitude Arin also has. ((ex: WHAT IS THIS?!?)). I don't think Sonic 06 would have been the same with Danny as the not so grump.

On the other hand however, Danny is a fresh new addition to the family. I've noticed less & less shenanigans, but the actuall serious convos have in my opinion been a lot more interesting to listen to. Not to mention his singing voice makes for awesome Game Grump remixes :D.

To be honest never really liked the Game Grumps in general Especially Arin. It killed it entirely for me when Jon left and they got Danny. That was the unsub moment.So it's pretty obvious my choice is Jon but to be honest I think It'd be funnier Jon and PBG but ah well others like it so to them I say enjoy

i voted goddammit ross because he is so cute with his Australian accent <3

Tis a wonderful accent isn't it? ;P

Edited by TwerkyUsername
  • Brohoof 1

Apparently I am one of the only people who likes Danny more than Jon. I feel like with Danny, there are more actual jokes being made. With Jon, I just found myself constantly adjusting my volume.

However I could just be biased since I really like Ninja Sex Party. And Danny seems more laid back, so I can identify with him more than Jon

Edited by AyoMistadurrk
  • Brohoof 1

I like Danny more than Jon. When Jon was on, GG was only something I watched once in a while because the show was kind of annoying to me, but with Danny on I find myself watching it more often, I just like him more I guess. :lol:

• 4 months later...

I watch them everyday! Love them, always look forward to their daily videos.

People still seem upset about Jon leaving, but I really like Danny, both of them were and are great.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, Game Grumps... I watch them every day actually.

I mean yeah, they're kind of idiots when it comes to gaming, but for some reason I find them entertaining. :P

My favorite series of theirs tends to be when Danny actually plays a game, so I really enjoyed both Punch-Out and Shadow of the Colossus recently for instance. :D