Favorite scary movie now, and favorite movies as a kid.

ANGEL33

Just a simple thread asking what your favorite horror movie is, and what your favorite movies were as a kid were. Since I'm the thread starter, I'll go first. My favorite scary movie is HALLOWEEN by John Carpenter, with the exception of HALLOWEEN 3. The HALLOWEEN movies scare the crap out of me. Because deep down you know that it is possible for someone like Michael Myers to exist. With the exception of him being able to survive anything like a gunshot to the head, stabbed in the chest, or burned alive. Now with that out of the way. My favorite movies as a child were and still are BACK TO THE FUTURE and SUPERMAN starring Christopher Reeve. No one brought SUPERMAN to life like Christopher Reeve did, rest his soul. Brandon Routh did good but not as good.

9m9i3.png

Ehh...scary movies are more for entertainment than anything. So I just treat them like candy-enjoy them, and once it's done just discard it and never look back. Especially with horror movies-after you've seen it once, you know what's going to happen, and the "horror" factor is lost.

Although...The Mist made me go 0___0

r2m976.jpg

A lil' Catherine <(^.^)>

Aw yeah, Halloween! I loved those movies as a kid. Sure got scared of them.

Same with evil dead and the whole x of the dead titles from the 80's.

I still like all of them.

Because deep down you know that it is possible for someone like Michael Myers to exist.

And that's the fun part. The very existence of michael is the epitome of all those infamous serial killers.

Scary movies? Movies can be scary?

Jokes aside, my favorite horror film is probably The Ring. I haven't seen much horror, mostly because most of it is boring and predictable.

Favorite movie as a kid? Hmm... I dunno, star wars or lion king. Or maybe toy story.

• Brohoof 1

Signature now 99% less edgy!

I'm not so much a horror movie watcher but I found The Grudge (first, not the sequels) pretty scary.

Favourite childhood movie had to be The Land Before Time. I still watch those movies if they are on T.V :lol:

Scary movies? Torn between Silent Hill and The Shining.

I like my horror to be scary from metaphors, not cheap thrills. I do, however, still love cheap thrills, but I don't consider them scary movies, just awesome movies.

As a kid, my favorite movies were numerous, but I watched Wayne's World more than anyone else in the world, ever.

Posted Image
  • Brohoof 1

strafesig.jpg

"The Gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."

• 2 weeks later...

As a kid, I got hooked on the Evil Dead series, which my dad actually watched with me. Army of Darkness was a childhood staple. Now I'm less into campy horror, and more into ambience and ghost stories. Titles like The Grudge and Shutter started me on foreign horror, which is great because at this point I've exhausted most other sources. ;D

A recent favorite would have to be

, which is a series of shorts that most people who liked movies along the line of The Grudge or Shutter would probably like.

I also really loved

, which while not typical horror is a very depressing post-apocalyptic movie about survivors in a bomb shelter where social order slowly breaks down.

Posted Image

that movie scared the shit outta me

the freddie movies were my fave horror movies. jus tthe fact that someone can murder you in your dreams and ou die like that in real life gives me the chills. invading someones deepest kept secrets and thoughts and using thme against them is also pretty awesooome XD. my fave movies as a kid would probably have to be lion king, and finding nemo,monsters inc. ,and nightmare before christmas XD

WOt8T.gif

Meh, I usually watch horror movies 'cause they're so cliché. And then I laugh at them.

But I do like The Shining, Silent Hill and The Strangers.

I think the idea in The Strangers is brilliant... and scares you quite a bit when you're alone in the house....