Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums MLB Baseball Thread

Doctor XFizzle

For all you Mets fans, at least be happy that it wasn't like the Leafs. After giving Sundin his honour, we lose 5-0 that night, and end up going 1-8-1 to kick us out of the playoffs. Leafs will always be the epitome of futility and mediocrity.

I know that feel bro.

At least we can always snicker at the Cubs.

• Brohoof 1

It's all Steve Bartman's fault. KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THE BALL :angry:

The most infamous baseball fan in history. God help him if he comes 25 feet near Wrigley ever again.

• Brohoof 1

2 Boston Red Sox fans on the same board? Oh, boy I better get me some protection. HOLD ON.............................................

*Puts up Big brick wall*

I am a New York Yankees fan

But, hey I am friends with quite a few Red Sox fans so it's all good.

I wouldn't feel so sad about the Cubs. At least not this year. I might be insane but this could be their year. I mean a new manager was maybe exactly what they needed. I wouldn't count the cubs out .

I have been waiting for a baseball thread here. I am going to be posting here so much. I think Baseball ranks right up there with FIM for me.

I am a New York Yankees fan

*insert good-natured teasing about 2006 and 2011 ALDS here*

I would make fun of the Yankees' futility considering their high payroll, but the Tigers are like 5th in the league in payroll now.

(edited)

*insert good-natured teasing about 2006 and 2011 ALDS here*

Don't forget '07 with my Indians beating them! (If anyone remembers the bug swarm invading the game, OMG that was the best baseball game I have ever seen)

Posted Image

Just checked my fantasy team...

Mariano Rivera :(

Posted Image

Edited by TOMahwk

So...Andy Pettitte may be returning to the Yankees. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Whatever happened to him wanting to be with his family...must have gotten bored of them xD

He and Urban Meyer must be good friends since they both like to retire to spend time with their families then change their mind and come back.

(edited)

Ubaldo Jimenez loses his no-hitter in the 7th inning. Oh well, Indians still suck. Tigers power.

That's a first, my two consecutive posts didn't combine. Strange.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

(edited)

So...Andy Pettitte may be returning to the Yankees. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Whatever happened to him wanting to be with his family...must have gotten bored of them xD

There's no "Maybe" about it. Right now there is only question as "When"? It was announced maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago that he was caled up and is right now pitching in the minor leagues to get his arm strength back up. He will probably be working hard with Michael Pineda. I know there's some people who say this guy is a bust. He may be out of shape but he is not a bust. He's only 23 years old and Pettitte has the experience that could get Pineda back to the Yankees faster. I figure by May Andy will be back with the Yankees. By that point maybe even Pineda will be back so we may need need to trade Nova and/or Hughes or DFA Garcia to make room.

Edited by RainbowDashFan

Ubaldo Jimenez loses his no-hitter in the 7th inning. Oh well, Indians still suck.

HEY!!!

Well, you have a point, they do suck

:(

(edited)

Mets win again. The youth moment is doing its best to keep things positive. The best part of it was seeing David Wright pop a home run over the right centerfield fence. Vintage Wright; I hope he can continue to do that consistently for the rest of the season. It drives me bonkers when he starts pulling the ball and swinging through fastballs and bad breaking pitches.

I'm encouraged, but I won't start declaring "Wright is back!" until I see about two months of this.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

Mets win again. The youth moment is doing its best to keep things positive. The best part of it was seeing David Wright pop a home run over the right centerfield fence. Vintage Wright; I hope he can continue to do that consistently for the rest of the season. It drives me bonkers when he starts pulling the ball and swinging through fastballs and bad breaking pitches.

I'm encouraged, but I won't start declaring "Wright is back!" until I see about two months of this.

I'm not a Mets fan, but I gotta say it is really nice to see Wright play again. Hoping he can keep it up ...

2 games into the season and already I've screwed up my fantasy team by benching the wrong players.

Benched Arencibia when he hit the go-ahead HR on Friday, then had Aaron Hill benched yesterday and he goes off for 2 HRs. >_<

Since this is my 1st season doing fantasy, I'm gonna be "that guy" and bitch every time one of my bench guys goes off lol