Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you want flim flam to return in season 5?

Tetrakemy

No. I'm pretty sure these two have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt they're nothing but a pair of two-bit swindlers, so if they ever showed up again they'd be immediately run out of town. Plus, I was never one for their barbershop quartet style songs. 

I don't think they will bring Flim and Flam back. Looking at the other episodes, flim and flam only think about money and nothing else

If the writers would make them apologize/redeeming then one of their best traits would dissapear

I would like it if they returned and tried to convince Applejack that they changed and they are no longer dishonest about selling their products. Everyone in Ponyville believes that they really did change, and they all shun Applejack for not giving the Flim Flam brothers a second chance. Applejack would then have a self conflict about if it is okay to give trust to others who have not been trustworthy before. At the end of the episode it could turn out that the Flim Flam brothers were still dishonest and they never really changed. Applejack would be at a loss because nopony would believe her about the Flim Flam brothers still being frauds, so she would have to find a way to expose them as the scammers they really are once and for all.

Edited by Judgement

I would like it if they returned and tried to convince Applejack that they changed and they are no longer dishonest about selling their products. Everyone in Ponyville believes that they really did change, and they all shun Applejack for not giving the Flim Flam brothers a second chance. Applejack would then have a self conflict about if it is okay to give trust to others who have not been trustworthy before. At the end of the episode it could turn out that the Flim Flam brothers were still dishonest and they never really changed. Applejack would be at a loss because nopony would believe her about the Flim Flam brothers still being frauds, so she would have to find a way to expose them as the scammers they really are once and for all.

They were honest the first time though, so why wouldn't they be this time?

They were honest the first time though, so why wouldn't they be this time?

They were honest in "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000", but became dishonest in "Leap of faith" by claiming that their tonic cleared any ailment. I was assuming that the Flim Flam brothers kind of became twisted salesmen after the first episode about them. Anyhow, it would be nice for them to have a season 5 appearance.

Also, I read some of your older comments on this thread and I kind of agree. They were respectable characters at first but then they were made to seem villianous in season 4. The writers should have made them villianous from the beginning if they wanted to do that (Or preferably not have made them dishonest at all).

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 1

They were honest in "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000", but became dishonest in "Leap of faith" by claiming that their tonic cleared any ailment. I was assuming that the Flim Flam brothers kind of became twisted salesmen after the first episode about them. Anyhow, it would be nice for them to have a season 5 appearance.

Also, I read some of your older comments on this thread and I kind of agree. They were respectable characters at first but then they were made to seem villianous in season 4. The writers should have made them villianous from the beginning if they wanted to do that (Or preferably not have made them dishonest at all).

I honestly didn't think they were that out of character. At their core, they're willing to do anything to make money. Sure, they didn't have to be dishonest the first time around. Then again, you could argue that it was pretty underhanded of them to try to push out the Apples by turning off their machine's quality control. I buy them trying to use the placebo effect to make a quick buck.

To be honest, I don't want to see them in season 5. They already came back a second time, and between the overarching plot of the season that has been teased and episodes with one off character cameos such as the one with Pinkie's family and whichever one Lena Hall lent her voice to, I'd rather the remaining episodes be dedicated to something else. I don't mind the Flim Flam Brothers, but they're characters I only want to see once in a while. I think they're better that way. The same goes for characters like Trixie. I only want to see such characters return A ) after enough time has passed to miss them, and B ) only if the writers can come up with something for them that is beyond the standard cartoon trope of having the same sort of idea framed slightly differently.

Yeah, an episode with the Flim Flam Brothers is sure to feature them trying to make money by selling some sort of product, but that's all fine as long as it's cleverly written and has more appeal to it than simply being an antagonist to the Apple Family and/or others and being foiled at the last minute. It all lies in the how, not the what as that's already established. It has to be engaging, as simply having these characters appear just isn't good enough for me.

Edited by Tross

I'd like to see them back, but only if they do two things:

1. Another Vaudeville act

2. So something different with them

Even though the Friends Forever comic with them and Granny Smith was ultimately MEH, it was at least a different take on the brothers. I think the show could do something similar. They don't have to do a redemption arc with them, but they don't have to do the same thing either.

• Brohoof 1