Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you want flim flam to return in season 5?

Tetrakemy

I really enjoy anything that has to do with them. They are not villains, but serve as a musical and very enjoyable obstacle for the characters to overcome in whatever snake oil sales pitch these two have cooked up!

They are the only ponies I know of that have a cutie mark that is a devotion mark. A term I would like to coin for them and any other future ponies who's cutie mark does not have anything to do with their mission in life, talents, but a mark the symbolizes their attachment or purpose with being with someone else. It is quite self evident in the fact that their cutie mark is one apple with a piece missing and the other who's cutie mark is the missing piece. 

Plus, their songs are AWESOME SAUCE! 

Would you like to see Flim and Flam return for season 5? 

A cool idea would maybe be an episode where the two is having issues with each other and try to break the dual up and somehow get dragged into an adventure together with some of the main six where they are forced to work together to save the day, but the only way to do so is to do "something" that the both of them are very good that only the two of them can do together as team. 

Could make for a good forgiveness episode in friendship! 

• Brohoof 2

They could have something along the lines of coming back for forgiveness, AJ convincing the others to not trust them, Flim+Flam  do work on Sweet Apple Acres (requested by Fluttershy or Twi) so they can prove themselves. However they keep messing things up and AJ, Big Mac and Granny are busy so Apple Bloom teaches them how to do basic farm tasks. As a result Flim and Flam decide to stay for a bit and Apple Bloom gets her cutie mark.  Ok so its a little a lot sketchy but I'm not MLP staff!

So overall yes I would want to see them back!

I didn't even want them back in Season 4  >_>

You don't like flim flam? How about some spam? Or a dam? Or you could have a gram of yam and ham and bam a lamb into some jam instead of watching flim and flam!  :lol:

• Brohoof 3

You don't like flim flam? How about some spam? Or a dam? Or you could have a gram of yam and ham and bam a lamb into some jam instead of watching flim and flam!  :lol:

lol, I'd actually prefer that honestly :P

On the subject of them getting redeemed, I think that's a really bad idea. Not every villain needs to be redeemed. Sure, some characters(like Gilda or Lightning Dust) could work with a redemption episode/arc, but for others like like Flim/Flam, would actually hurt their characters and make them less interesting for many

Flim and Flam need to invent another epic machine! I love the idea of magic coupled with technology. That was one of my favorite parts of "Rainbow Rocks" by the way. Not just Twilight building a technical device to reopen the portal. Vinyl's car obviously coupled with the magic to help defeat the Sirens. I'm hoping that the brothers come up with something awesome! 

lol, I'd actually prefer that honestly :P

On the subject of them getting redeemed, I think that's a really bad idea. Not every villain needs to be redeemed. Sure, some characters(like Gilda or Lightning Dust) could work with a redemption episode/arc, but for others like like Flim/Flam, would actually hurt their characters and make them less interesting for many

I agree with the redemption. What I was mearly suggesting is that they had a falling out with each other and the forgiveness episode would be about them having to forgive each other in order to work together to solve a problem that only their combined talent could solve to save the heroes. 

You don't like flim flam? How about some spam? Or a dam? Or you could have a gram of yam and ham and bam a lamb into some jam instead of watching flim and flam! :lol:

I love the flim and flammer, the salespony slammers, half mustachioed pistachio colored smooth talking scammers.

They're the unicorn brothers, the double profit lovers, the cure for your bothers and the speedy apple squashers.

Bit by bit they reap the bits, with no quit in 'em, take any pony and they'll win em', take any pitch and they can spin it.

So come on over, no need for cold shoulders, and see the way their nonpareil can make the crowds beg to pay.

EDIT: Squashers isn't the strongest rhyme but it seemed the best at the time.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1

If there's a story that calls for a pair of not-quite-so-ethical salesponies, then yes, sure, recycle them rather than creating new characters.

Other than that, not really. I never found them that enjoyable to watch.

• Brohoof 1

Would I like to see them return? Uhmm yeah  :P . I enjoyed them a lot. Especially their songs. I even managed to learn the 'Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000' song. It was hard, but I managed. I like how manipulative they are and how they are great opportunists.  

I'm not sure...

They were amazing in SSCS6000, I loved their song.

But I was a bit disappointed after watching Leap of Faith, the song wasn't that great, and they somehow became bad guys (since their product was a fake).

Instead, maybe they will appear every two season (2=>4=>6...)?

Edited by Blobulle