Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I hope Luna and Celestia get their own episode in season 5

John Locke N7

I LOVE these characters. There's something very enigmatic and awesome about them, especially Luna ever sense she started to show up in nightmares. I think a dedicated episode with the both of them to develop their characters would be great.

Do you guys think that sounds like a good idea?

• Brohoof 7

Sounds like a great idea to me. Those characters play big enough roles to where it wouldn't be too offbase, and it'd show us a side of the pony universe that's often shrouded in mystery.

• Brohoof 4

Well, granted, it's been touched on in the premier episodes S01E01-E02 where Celestia got Luna back as a result of the efforts of the Mane 6 but, yeah, a full episode or maybe even a two parter would be an excellent thing to see happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing in detail exactly what it was that caused the rift between Celestia and Luna to form in the first place. (Yeah, I know... That was touched on in the premier episodes) but I think it really needs to be fleshed out and I'd also like to see how their relationship has grown in that episode or episodes, however it would be done.

At this point I think Celestia is presented as just two dimensional, always having to come off as the perfect ruler. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of her flaws and character defects. Yeah, that'd be interesting for sure!

• Brohoof 2

I've been praying for a Celestia + Luna focused episode since before season 3. I did see some teasers that hint that Luna might get another focus episode in S5, and if that's true then that would be the perfect moment to include Celestia somehow. 

There may be an episode with Luna, Cadance and Celestia together but i doubt that every one of them is going to have a single episode. Writers are not too keen in making a story about them. Especially Celestia to the point on giving up her backstory to the IDW comics who decided her canon past.

There may be an episode with Luna, Cadance and Celestia together but i doubt that every one of them is going to have a single episode. Writers are not too keen in making a story about them. Especially Celestia to the point on giving up her backstory to the IDW comics who decided her canon past.

You mean this?

Capture.PNG

On the one hand...this is M.A. Larson we're talking about here, so he could just be trolling. On the other hand, this premise alone of a Pony Princess episode would easily be in the running for my favorite episode ever. 

I for one, agree that we should have an episode focused on each princess. They should give a back story on each one. But I'm pretty sure the writers won't do this because the show is mainly focused on the main six and the CMC.

I wouldn't count on Celestia and Luna ever getting an episode. It's just not in the cards.

Celestia's role in the show has been reduced to the point where she's now just meandering about, waiting to get knocked down several more pegs by McCarthy yet again just for the sake of making Twilight look superior. The show would not suffer in the slightest if the decision was made to write her out entirely, and I'm honestly surprised that didn't happen in Twilight's Kingdom. 

Luna's role is dwindling as well, not that hers was ever as big to begin with. 

At this point I think Celestia is presented as just two dimensional, always having to come off as the perfect ruler. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of her flaws and character defects.

Please watch Twilight's Kingdom if you really think Celestia is a "perfect ruler." 

You mean this?

Capture.PNG

On the one hand...this is M.A. Larson we're talking about here, so he could just be trolling. On the other hand, this premise alone of a Pony Princess episode would easily be in the running for my favorite episode ever. 

Of note, I noticed early on in recording (not too early so it's not the premiere) that Nicole and Tara tweeted about a recording session for an episode by Larson. Of note, Cadence's voice actor wasn't part of the session, while Celestia and Luna's were. So it's possible 407 is a princess episode but doesn't involve Cadence.

• Brohoof 1

I've heard that there is going to be an episode where Luna fights a nightmare.  Also, Sweetie & Scootaloo have both had a nightmare episode, so Apple Bloom is due (maybe something about not getting her cutie mark, or dealing w Diamond Tiara's bullying?)

I wouldn't count on Celestia and Luna ever getting an episode. It's just not in the cards.

Celestia's role in the show has been reduced to the point where she's now just meandering about, waiting to get knocked down several more pegs by McCarthy yet again just for the sake of making Twilight look superior. The show would not suffer in the slightest if the decision was made to write her out entirely, and I'm honestly surprised that didn't happen in Twilight's Kingdom. 

Please watch Twilight's Kingdom if you really think Celestia is a "perfect ruler." 

Please go back and re-read my post. I didn't say she was or is the perfect ruler, what I said is that she has to put on an aire of always being perfect in the eyes of her subjects. In other words, putting on for the sake of her public image but she's far from a perfect ruler.

• Brohoof 1

Cadance along with Twilight and Discord is her favourite character. She will want to make her more developed and relevant than other princess. Care little on how Celesyia is portrayed in comics but made sure that Berrow will write Cadance story in her book to fit her headcanon

Cadance along with Twilight and Discord is her favourite character. She will want to make her more developed and relevant than other princess. Care little on how Celesyia is portrayed in comics but made sure that Berrow will write Cadance story in her book to fit her headcanon

Oh, i didn't know that. That's why she also wrote Three's A Crowd, eh? Now the season 4 finale makes kinda sense. >_>

Bad sign for Luna and especially Celestia, unless someone else would make the season starter/finale.

I'm relieved that M.A. Larson will maybe the writer of this possible Season 5 Episode 7.

You mean this?

Capture.PNG

Probably Twilight and Cadance would have stolen the spotlight from the sisters with Megan McCarthy as writer.

Edited by Gary S.

I remember from an interview Meghan had before the season 4 finale, she said that her favorite non-mane 6 characters were actually the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Discord, and Princess Luna, and didn't bring up Cadence.

I remember from an interview Meghan had before the season 4 finale, she said that her favorite non-mane 6 characters were actually the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Discord, and Princess Luna, and didn't bring up Cadence.

Oh crap, this is even worse for Celestia. Now EVERYTHING makes sense, if the chief writer is a Luna fan :o

If Meghan let her die or disappear, then it's almost a reason for me to leave this show. Only Fluttershy's removal would be worse. Now i'm really concerned about Celestia's well-being in that announced movie.

Edited by Gary S.

Probably replaced Cadance with Luna because she invented Cadance and don't want to sound like she only like her own characters. However i can already predict that Discord/Cadance/Twilight focused episodes going to be written by Meghan. Luna and Celestia is probably going to be handled by Larson, maybe even Cadance just because they usually keep them together nowaday as a "princess package". Since Larson wasn't present in S4, Meghan just ignored the princesses entirely.

Probably replaced Cadance with Luna because she invented Cadance and don't want to sound like she only like her own characters.

If Cadence really was one of her favorites, she wouldn't have needed to replace her at all if she didn't want to sound like she only liked her own characters, since she would just need to mention characters that weren't hers. In fact she did. She mentioned the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Discord.

Edited by Marimo