Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought we'd have a break from the ridiculous match endings in WWE for a little while after the crowds returned but I was wrong. :huh:

Kevin Nash method of booking: We already have your money, Fox's money, NBC's money and Saudi Arabia's money, so who cares what you think?

So, let's talk about somethingng nicer everypony: The G1!

Recap of B-Block. I'm gonna start using a star system.

1. Kick things off with Tanahashi vs. Goto. Felt like a throwback match to that late 00s style for both men. Solid back and forth effort, but the match ended with Tanahashi countering a GTR into a small package. Right result, but the US champ could've used a stronger win. 3/5. 
  2. Yoshi-hashi did his best against Jeff Cobb, puling out a few new triks, but there's no stopping the imperial unit. Cobb crushes YH in what was basically a glorified squash. 2.5/5. 
  3. Another inter BC match between Tama Tonga & Chase Owens in a battle between Texans. Surpsiingly back and forth. Tama's athleticism vs. Owen's caginess. Owens definitely has the hard working underdog role int his tourney, but Tama gets the in by flipping out of a package pile driver to nail a gun stun. 3.5/5.
  4. Sanada fought Taichi in a battle of who can do the better AJPW call backs. Sanada channeling Misawa & Kobashi with Tiger suplexes, tiger drivers and moonsaults. Taichi channeling Kawada & Taue with backdrop drivers, headkicks and chokeslams. Oh and the compulsory peck off. Taichi gets the win on both with a black mephisto. 3.5/5.
  5. Old rivals meet with Okada vs. Evil. This was Evil's best match in a long time, though not on the level of pre-BC matches for Evil & Okada. This also feels like a reaffirmation that Okada has gotten his spark back, Rainmakering Evil to avenge that 2017 loss. 3/5. 

B Block-

• Okada: 4
  • Taichi: 4
  • Evil: 2
  • Cobb: 4
  • Sanada: 2
  • Tama Tonga: 2
  • Owens: 0
  • Yoshi-Hashi: 0 
  • Goto: 0
  • Tanahashi: 2

A-Block action resumed yesterday. Young Lion opener betwen Fujita & Master Wato was nothing to write home about. Shingo Takagi's exhibition against Yuji Nagata however was worthy of tournament level praise. Nagata's still got it, targeting the arm and getting good throws on Shingo. But Shingo is too tough of a bastard and overpowered Nagata to get a consolation win for not being able to face Naito tonight. 3./5

Rest of A-Block went as follows:

1. O-Khan beat a very Cagey Yujiro. Yuj has improved, but he needs the right opponents to work with and O-Khan wasn't one of them. Khan's power won out here, pinning Yujiro with the Eliminator claw slam. 2.5/5. 
  2. Tonga Roa battled Yano in a clash of power and ring smarts. Yano felt like a proper fit for Tonga Roa, who looks to be improving. Yano put up a bit more of a fight by using his amateur technique. but it was a miscue from the super shredded Jado and a low blow that got Yano the win. 3/5. 
  3. KENTA vs. Ishii was as stiff as we had seen from these two. KENTA heavily targeted the arm and Ishii could only delay his onlaught by stunning him with brutal chop after fore arm after headbutt. But it wasn't the GTS or the Game Over lock, but KENTA running Ishii into the exposed buckle and hookign his tights for the 3. while I normally don't condone cheap finishes liek this, it suits KENTA's character, so I'll allow it. 4/5 
  4. And once again, ZSJ & Ibushi meet face to face in a tournament. Seems they're destined to do this forever. Ibushi was his usual masochistic tough guy self but it felt like ZSJ took a bit more bumps than usual trying to show his own bravado. First targeting the arm, then the knee, then back to the arm. For every Ibushi strike, Zack had a subission counter. Heck, Zack even channeled Ibushi, hitting a flying mid-kick and a sit out power bomb. But Zack is on a roll and he won't be stopped, countering Kamigoye into what I can describe as a stretch muffler, leg scissored butterfly lock combo. I don't know if Ibushi verbally submitted or the ref just called it, but either way, Ibushi had no way to win. Zack has won his 3rd main event in a row, and on top of shelving the block favorite Naito and tapping out the world champ Shingo, he just submitted last years winner. Don't expect him to eat many losses this year. 

Standings for A Block are as follows: 

1. Great O-Khan: 8 points
  2. ZSJ: 6 points
  3. Shingo: 4 points
  4. Yujiro: 4 points
  5. KENTA: 6 points
  6. Yano: 6 points
  7. Ibushi: 4 points
  8. Ishii: 2 points
  9. Tonga Roa: 2 points

Get ready for the marathon stretch everypony. Starting Wednesday, it'll be 5 shows in 6 days. On top of your regular WWE, AEW, Impact, NWA & ROH.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is with a heavy heart that i must announce to you all the passing of Reggie Parks, the maker of many an iconic wrestling championship and a fine wrestler in his own right. This was the guy who redefined what it meant to have a championship. The King of the Belts as he was known. The Winged Eagle. The '80s Intercontinental. The classic WCW world title. The NWA U.S. title. The NWA Television title still in use today. We have gorgeous looking titles in wrestling today and it's all thanks to him.

On top of all that, dude was a beast in the ring. Trained under Stu Hart. The first opponent for one Dusty Rhodes. Let cars drive over him just to prove how tough he was.The first to use the airplane spin and the fore arm smash. The quiet superman people once called him. Nobody has had quite the impact on wrestler like Reggie Parks did. 

Rest in Power, King. May your legacy live on. 

See the source image

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

It is with a heavy heart that i must announce to you all the passing of Reggie Parks, the maker of many an iconic wrestling championship and a fine wrestler in his own right. This was the guy who redefined what it meant to have a championship. The King of the Belts as he was known. The Winged Eagle. The '80s Intercontinental. The classic WCW world title. The NWA U.S. title. The NWA Television title still in use today. We have gorgeous looking titles in wrestling today and it's all thanks to him.

On top of all that, dude was a beast in the ring. Trained under Stu Hart. The first opponent for one Dusty Rhodes. Let cars drive over him just to prove how tough he was.The first to use the airplane spin and the fore arm smash. The quiet superman people once called him. Nobody has had quite the impact on wrestler like Reggie Parks did. 

Rest in Power, King. May your legacy live on. 

Mr. Parks' legacy lives on in SO MANY memorable moments and matches plus the WWE's video games. 

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Even before I looked at the names I knew that was Bret Hart. He has one of those looks. :smolder:

I'm trying to picture Bret as a charismatic and quippy genie and all I'm getting is one of those Hot Shots style parodies. 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I'm trying to picture Bret as a charismatic and quippy genie and all I'm getting is one of those Hot Shots style parodies. 

Charismatic in his own way, yes. Quippy however, Bret Hart is not.

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Charismatic in his own way, yes. Quippy however, Bret Hart is not.

Charismatic in an understated Keith Lee sorta way. But for the genie, you need Jericho levels of rapier wit. 

Frankly I think Lace Storm would've been a better choice, only because his dry tone would've been funny in it's own way. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Charismatic in an understated Keith Lee sorta way. But for the genie, you need Jericho levels of rapier wit. 

Frankly I think Lace Storm would've been a better choice, only because his dry tone would've been funny in it's own way. 

I think Chris Jericho may be a genie considering how many times he's reinvented himself. 

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think Chris Jericho may be a genie considering how many times he's reinvented himself. 

Secretly sealed away in a can of Tim Hortons, buried in a cave within the planes of Manitoba until Lance Storm fetched it at the behest of Cyrus the Virus. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Secretly sealed away in a can of Tim Hortons, buried in a cave within the planes of Manitoba until Lance Storm fetched it at the behest of Cyrus the Virus. 

Do you get extra wishes if in Jericho's case you're the King of the World? 

35 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Nah, because that was one of his three wishes. 

I just realized that Chris Jericho could reform JeriShow with Paul Wight! :pinkie: They were fun to team up in the WWE video games. :D

9 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I just realized that Chris Jericho could reform JeriShow with Paul Wight! :pinkie: They were fun to team up in the WWE video games. :D

As cool as that would be, I'm still waiting for him to reunite with Christian. 

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Jericho and Christian aka "Vitamin C". :laugh:

Surprised WWE didn't go with Team Chris Cross 

On a totally unrelated note, look what's going down in the next 10 minutes. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Surprised WWE didn't go with Team Chris Cross 

Ah! :mlp_icwudt:

I hope Christian is doing as well in AEW as he did in Impact Wrestling*. *I feel "Ehhh. :lie:" writing their original name here. 

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Ah! :mlp_icwudt:

I hope Christian is doing as well in AEW as he did in Impact Wrestling*. *I feel "Ehhh. :lie:" writing their original name here. 

Considering he's the current Impact world champ, I'd say he is doing as well. 

And maybe it's for the best I don't know their OG tag name. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And maybe it's for the best I don't know their OG tag name. 

You don't know Impact Wrestling original promotion name, Total Nonstop Action? :lie: I thought the TNA logo was cool but their initials weren't easy to explain. 

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You don't know Impact Wrestling original promotion name, Total Nonstop Action? :lie: I thought the TNA logo was cool but their initials weren't easy to explain. 

Oh I thought you were talking about Christian & Jericho's old tag name. 

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Oh I thought you were talking about Christian & Jericho's old tag name. 

Nope. I don't even think "Vitamin C" was officially recognized as Chris and Christian's tag team name. 

Well there's good reason to be excited for rampage this Friday. It'll be running partially head to head with SD on Friday. So Tony is launching a primitive buy in. And the offer is enticing.

FBhyApvXIAYI1xD.jpeg.294a0b105e0831ba6a411fc293f60050.jpeg

We're actually getting Bryan Danielson vs. Minoru Suzuki. These two haven't fought since BD was wrestling under a mask. And that was a dark match too! I can't think of many other perfect face vs heel match ups better. 

I also like how this show is also helping build up Saturday night Dynamite's main event of Danielson vs Bobby Fish. Can't believe WWE never gave us the American dragon vs. Either member of ReDragon. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

These two haven't fought since BD was wrestling under a mask. And that was a dark match too! I can't think of many other perfect face vs heel match ups better. 

I have never been more terrified of a match-up screen of two wrestlers in my entire life. :blink:/:BrightMacContent: