Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

9 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What an AEW "debut" for you! I hope you have an AMAZING time, BWBFF! :D

Also, the Varsity Blondes give off an 80's/early 90's feeling that I think is really cool! Must be the hair. :P

Gee, it couldn't be because it looks like Pillman Sr and Kerry Von Erich raided the Steiners wardrobes. 

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Gee, it couldn't be because it looks like Pillman Sr and Kerry Von Erich raided the Steiners wardrobes. 

Nope. It's the hair.

I've found that fans have an odd obsession with wrestlers hairstyles. :worry:

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Nope. It's the hair.

I've found that fans have an odd obsession with wrestlers hairstyles. :worry:

Well yeah? Hair vs hair matches wouldn't matter a whole lot if they didn't. 

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Well yeah? Hair vs hair matches wouldn't matter a whole lot if they didn't. 

This is just something I notice on other wrestling forums.

It's too bad when you find a forum that caters to something you like (Wrestling in this case.) but then it doesn't feel like a "safe" place for

you to share your opinions. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

This is just something I notice on other wrestling forums.

It's too bad when you find a forum that caters to something you like (Wrestling in this case.) but then it doesn't feel like a "safe" place for

you to share your opinions. 

Sadly facebook killed off most wrestling forums. Reddit brought them back to an extent, but it still isn't the same. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-20 at 8:47 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

2766 days we've waited.

AEW posted a behind the scenes video of the guys in the production truck as Punk's return was going on and it was insane! :blink:

I know the wrestlers go through a lot but I can only imagine how the people working "around" them must feel. :sealed:

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And a sampling of the adventure.

Awesome! :pinkie:

I'm SO HAPPY to see your AEW dream has finally been realized after everything that happened last time. :rarity:

I hope you had an AMAZING experience, BWBFF! B)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

That was NWA: Empowerr, the night before. 

Ah, it was one of those NXT Takeover Saturday/*Insert "big four" WWE PPV Sunday* type of deals. Thank You for clearing that up, BWBFF.  

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Ah, it was one of those NXT Takeover Saturday/*Insert "big four" WWE PPV Sunday* type of deals. Thank You for clearing that up, BWBFF.  

Eh, I'd say it's more like the two night specials ROH used to do. Lie how'd they'd make their tournaments two night events. We were supposed to get the anniversary show and Past vs. Present back to back last year along with the Pure title tournament both nights. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Eh, I'd say it's more like the two night specials ROH used to do. Lie how'd they'd make their tournaments two night events.

Also, like this years WrestleMania.

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

We were supposed to get the anniversary show and Past vs. Present back to back last year along with the Pure title tournament both nights. 

That sounds like a REALLY cool concept for a wrestling show.

Too bad WWE wouldn't let their ex-RoH wrestlers participate while, AEW probably would.

7 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Also, like this years WrestleMania.

That sounds like a REALLY cool concept for a wrestling show.

Too bad WWE wouldn't let their ex-RoH wrestlers participate while, AEW probably would.

Strangely, the forbidden door is still closed between ROH & AEW. The NJPW partnership is still on the mend and the CMLL deal imploded, though that's more due to CMLL itself imploding. Maybe it's cause ROH has been taking Covid precautions the most seriously out of all the North American feds and haven't left Baltimore in a year. Only had their first show with fans back in June. But yeah it's kinda odd they've been left out. 

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Anti-Villain said:

I remember him from my SmackDown Vs. Raw 2007 days.

My favorite SmackDown vs. Raw game of all-time. I used to play as Divas and have them face super heavyweights to give myself a challenge.

So NXT is getting a rebranding. It'll now be overseen by Vince and Prichard. The focus will be on looking for big, charismatic 20 somethings over 6' 3". So basically it's becoming OVW circa 2001. 

Here's the new Logo. 

Spoiler

450b1a10bd76bc2b-600x338.jpg.86da40fff8d47d815c433bb01d167700.jpg

So NXT is getting a rebranding. It'll now be overseen by Vince and Prichard. The focus will be on looking for big, charismatic 20 somethings over 6' 3". So basically it's becoming OVW circa 2001. 

Thank goodness!

Usually, I would be against this sort of thing but we got stars like Batista, John Cena and Randy Orton from OVW in the early 2000's so ANYTHING

would be better than the mostly forgettable/uninteresting crop of NXT wrestlers (IMO.) that I see nowadays. 

Here's the new Logo. 

I'd like this logo more if it was associated with any other promotion. It just doesn't feel like a WWE logo to me. 

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Thank goodness!

Usually, I would be against this sort of thing but we got stars like Batista, John Cena and Randy Orton from OVW in the early 2000's so ANYTHING

would be better than the mostly forgettable/uninteresting crop of NXT wrestlers (IMO.) that I see nowadays. 

I'd like this logo more if it was associated with any other promotion. It just doesn't feel like a WWE logo to me. 

You do realize that for every Batista, we got a Heidenreich, a Nathan Jones, a Snitsky, a Matt Morgan, a Chris Masters, a Ezekiel Jackson and a Bobby Lashley? Yeah, some of those guys would be good eventually, But all were brought up long before they were. I think this NXT is gonna give these guys the bare minimum before they're called up. We're already seeing it with Amos and Azeze. Though the reason most of the current NXT roster are "forgettable" is because they've been sabotaged on the main roster. See these guys in PWG, ROH or Impact and you'll Change your tune. 

And yeah, lots of folks called it out cause it didn't feel WWE. But it was confirmed. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

You do realize that for every Batista, we got a Heidenreich, a Nathan Jones, a Snitsky, a Matt Morgan, a Chris Masters, a Ezekiel Jackson and a Bobby Lashley?

Yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rest in Peace former WCW/Impact Wrestling wrestler, Daffney. May your legacy live on. 

6 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Yeah, some of those guys would be good eventually, But all were brought up long before they were. I think this NXT is gonna give these guys the bare minimum before they're called up. We're already seeing it with Amos and Azeze. Though the reason most of the current NXT roster are "forgettable" is because they've been sabotaged on the main roster. See these guys in PWG, ROH or Impact and you'll Change your tune. 

No surprise to me since, that's what WWE seems to do with all of the NXT talent.

6 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And yeah, lots of folks called it out cause it didn't feel WWE. But it was confirmed. 

Raw and SmackDown both have a specific color associated with them so, why did they decide to go with a "party-ish" looking logo for NXT? 

Edited by Sparklefan1234