Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

On 2021-08-13 at 11:00 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Well it took only 14 years, 3 months and a day since the first try but-

One thing Christian Cage has over Kurt Angle, Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H etc is that they never held the NWA Heavyweight Championship. 

• Brohoof 2

And NJPW hosted its first US show in over a yearn a half. Mostly kissable, but I do recommend Jay white vs. Finlay for the NEVER title, definitely reccomend Ishii vs. Moose (seriously go watch it). And Lance Archer defending the US title against Hiroshi Tanahashi.

Spoiler

Untitled-design-2021-08-15T150925_982.png.8fea7e056bbc8373cc073a2613b30ad8.png

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Here's an interesting interview from Magnum TA on crafting his patented spinning belly to belly suplex. 

Show this to all of the people who thought it was silly because Bayley used a belly to belly suplex as a finisher. :devious:

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Show this to all of the people who thought it was silly because Bayley used a belly to belly suplex as a finisher. :devious:

I mean, I can see why they chided her on it. She didn't have that out of nowhere snap like Magnum did. Like how everyone knows Johnny Ace invented the diamond cutter, but all agree that DDP made the move memorable. Also I blame Big E. & John Cena for not doing the move right. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I mean, I can see why they chided her on it. She didn't have that out of nowhere snap like Magnum did.

True. That said, it also fit Bayley's gimmick at the time.

Now, if she'd used a bearhug THEN I could see the issue since that would look totally unbelievable for someone of her size.  

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

True. That said, it also fit Bayley's gimmick at the time.

Now, if she'd used a bearhug THEN I could see the issue since that would look totally unbelievable for someone of her size.  

If it's something involving a hug, IE a front waist lock a gable grip, then I have the perfect solution. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

If it's something involving a hug, IE a front waist lock a gable grip, then I have the perfect solution. 

That is a beautiful suplex. :wau:

26 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That is a beautiful suplex. :wau:

Something about young lions breathing new life into old school moves is strangely beautiful. Yuya Uemura does a impressive bridging double overhook suplex, while Gabriel Kidd has a Butterfly Suplex that'd make Billy Robinson proud. Proof that anything can be a finisher if you execute it well enough. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Something about young lions breathing new life into old school moves is strangely beautiful. Yuya Uemura does a impressive bridging double overhook suplex, while Gabriel Kidd has a Butterfly Suplex that'd make Billy Robinson proud. Proof that anything can be a finisher if you execute it well enough. 

There's something about suplex variations that always look both beautiful and brutal at the same time and DDT's are also fun as long as it's not silly looking.

I've become numb to high risk moves through the years due to the dozens of X-Division/hardcore etc matches I rewatched from when they were in their prime. 

Speaking of hardcore matches, Attitude Era hardcore matches are the main segments I skip when I rewatch shows from that specific time period.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Speaking of hardcore matches, Attitude Era hardcore matches are the main segments I skip when I rewatch shows from that specific time period.

I can't remember the last time I watched an attitude era match. Everything feels so archaic. Maybe it's cause once it all ended everyone and their grandmother started chasing its ghost and the industry stagnated as a result. Were all those record viewers worth it in the end? 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I can't remember the last time I watched an attitude era match. Everything feels so archaic. Maybe it's cause once it all ended everyone and their grandmother started chasing its ghost and the industry stagnated as a result. Were all those record viewers worth it in the end? 

The attitude era does feel like it's in its own "wrestling bubble" when looking through a modern lens.

I'll just say that Jerry "The King" Lawler's commentary is very uncomfortable to listen to with certain characters and I hope you know what I mean. 

12 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

I can and have to say that the Attitude Era and Golden Era are my favourite eras in WWE history.

The 1992 Royal Rumble is my favorite Royal Rumble match. I know that has little to do with what you said but I thought I'd mention it. 

14 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

I can't stand WWE in this era.

NXT is pretty boring, IMO. I tried giving it a chance but I couldn't find anyone to root for outside of the female wrestlers.

I'm also not too interested in the main roster because no one there interests me either. 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The 1992 Royal Rumble is my favorite Royal Rumble match. I know that has little to do with what you said but I thought I'd mention it. 

NXT is pretty boring, IMO. I tried giving it a chance but I couldn't find anyone to root for outside of the female wrestlers.

I'm also not too interested in the main roster because no one there interests me either. 

I think the 1992 Royal Rumble was in the Golden era or Rock & Wrestling era, I get them mixed up sometimes.

It was a really good rumble.

Trying to find interesting people on the roster today is like looking for a needle that has been cut up into pieces in a haystack.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-19 at 2:55 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

Maybe it's cause once it all ended everyone and their grandmother started chasing its ghost and the industry stagnated as a result.

AEW had their chance but they seem like they were/are trying to copy WCW's strategy by hiring wrestlers that WWE threw out and

letting some of them take time away from their original talents. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

AEW had their chance but they seem like they were/are trying to copy WCW's strategy by hiring wrestlers that WWE threw out and

letting some of them take time away from their original talents. 

A chance to start a new attitude era and become what WWF was in the 90s? Or a chance to become what WCW was at it's peak? 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

A chance to start a new attitude era and become what WWF was in the 90s? Or a chance to become what WCW was at it's peak? 

From my example, I would say WCW at its peak for two reasons:

1. While AEW may not be hiring EVERY castoff like WCW or Impact Wrestling did, they do have quite a few ex WWE guys on their roster.

2. AEW broadcasts on a Turner channel just like WCW did. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

2766 days we've waited.

Spoiler

I have never seen or heard so many wrestling fans this happy in a very long time. This is why we still watch everypony. 

Spoiler

Oh and the ice cream isn't a work. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

2766 days we've waited.

Spoiler

Punk has a jacket with his dogs name on it. :rarity:

I'm HAPPY he kept this theme song. :D

Also, that new shirt is pretty sweet. B)

• Brohoof 1

I think enough time has passed, don't you @Denim&Venöm?

In the first few moments of this video when CM Punk is kneeling on the ramp, you can see and feel Punk's passion for wrestling returning to him.

This is what wrestling is about, IMO.

The unexplainable feeling we as fans get when we see "our" wrestlers sharing emotions with us to the point where we feel like we are a

part of them in that moment is what puts this particular form of entertainment truly in a league of its own. 

SummerSlam had a pretty awesome (But really oddly executed.) moment for me, too this was the real "Summer of Punk". 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

It's finally happening. After a year and a half of waiting, I finally get to be All Elite. 

Tomorrow's matches are as follows: 

• Varsity Blondes vs. Lucha Bros 
  • the debut of Jamie Hater vs. Red Velvet
  • Orange Cassidy vs. Matt Hardy 
  • Brock Anderson vs. Malakai Black 
  • Miro vs. Eddie Kingston (?)
  • Aaron Solo, QT Marshall, and Nick Comoroto vs. Gunn Club's Billy, Austin, and Colten Gunn
  • Mox, Eddie, Darby vs. The wing men
  • The Dynamite debut of CM Punk 

Gonna be going straight after work, which is gonna suck. And I won't be getting back till very late, which will suck even more. But it'll all be worth it. 

• Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

It's finally happening. After a year and a half of waiting, I finally get to be All Elite. 

Tomorrow's matches are as follows: 

• Varsity Blondes vs. Lucha Bros 
  • the debut of Jamie Hater vs. Red Velvet
  • Orange Cassidy vs. Matt Hardy 
  • Brock Anderson vs. Malakai Black 
  • Miro vs. Eddie Kingston (?)
  • The Dynamite debut of CM Punk 

Gonna be going straight after work, which is gonna suck. And I won't be getting back till very late, which will suck even more. But it'll all be worth it. 

What an AEW "debut" for you! I hope you have an AMAZING time, BWBFF! :D

Also, the Varsity Blondes give off an 80's/early 90's feeling that I think is really cool! Must be the hair. :P

• Brohoof 1