general media Most Annoying Fandom

Doctor Boojangles

This is basically a thread for posting about fandoms you don't like.

No, you can't include bronies, just to avoid offending majorities on this forum.

Don't take everything to heart, it's just peoples opinions. Look away if you're easily offended.

Confession Time:

Otaku- *Is shot*

Some of my friends are Otaku and it's pretty annoying getting told to watch Hetalia and Noragami left, right, and center. I watched Hetalia to say I tried it.

Seriously bored.

Personally, my annoyance comes from friends talking about anime all day. I would go so far as to say some are Weeaboo...

That should give you the jist of this thread. Think of it as a vent on fandom hate.

Edited by legendheart
  • Brohoof 1

Trixie is best pone. Fight me.  :comeatus:

Most anime fans I've met online have been big assholes and really full of themselves with a holier than thou attitude. I've probably just had bad luck.

Edited by Mouse
  • Brohoof 7

^ don't listen to this guy ^

Most anime fans I've met online have been big assholes and really full of themselves with a holier than thou attitude. I've probably just had bad luck.

It's a shame really. I'm not much of a big anime Japanese cartoon watcher, but there are some good ones out there. Too bad most people treat "Anime" as a genre.

As for fandoms I find annoying, well I kind of have a love-hate relationship with the Brony fandom- *Is shot*

Edited by SpaceOnion

-Would totally talk about a certain community I was part of until 2 years ago full of wannabe "pro-gamer" assholes but I'd rather not even mention the "fandom" to avoid any attention towards that place-

The most annoying fandom (aside from the brony fandom duh - can't use it here, so yeah) would have to be the Otaku fandom. Why I'm part of fandoms I find annoying, I do not know. Maybe I'm just as annoying. But seeing people fanboy over stuff all the time sort of annoys me to the point I get mad at the own fandom for suggesting more anime I could ever watch...

t7gaxs.jpg

Sig by: Kyoshi

I've met a lot like this too. Anime fans seem to be the worst out of all the fandoms I know of.

(Yes, I'm generalizing fans of anime. I don't care.)

• Brohoof 2

Probably Trekkies back in the 70s (when show was just getting popular in reruns). I was 1 & how I escaped being murdered at cons is most Scifi fans were wimps & nonviolent

Today, sports team fans are probably worst (or at least most inclined to get physical about it)

Edited by sweetolebob18
  • Brohoof 1

Homestuck, it's annoying, confusing, and just stupid to be honest. >_>

Literally, the first episode of the first act of the damn comic is about a kid hanging up a damn poster...like seriously what the buck?

The comics are soo boring to me I had to start making fun of it with sarcastic comedy to make it interesting enough to read and follow. 

I rather watch 15 hours of CATS on broadway then to EVER follow along with Homestuck.

Homestuck I believe was one of those things that just "happened" and the internet was like: "okay...?"  :wat:

I feel like the founder of this breed of "Homestucks" (which BY THE WAY, sooo original and creative with choosing a name to call yourself *cough* lame *cough*) was on a mix of LSD, meth and WAY too much crack when this piece of sh*t happened.  :eww:

Homestucks, at least the few I've encountered we're obnoxious, TOO abnormal to even have a REGULAR conversation with, and WAY too butthurt when taking a joke about there fandom. Look, someone is hurtfully but not intentionally dissing my fandoms I'm not gonna betch about it and eat 10 pounds worth of ice cream because of that, I'd laugh and be fine with it. BUT if you even touch Homestuck they'll be breathing heavily on the other side of their computer screens and start typing furiously. This is the damn internet, a place that's filled with good and bad, make up your mind, sheesh.  >_>

• Brohoof 4

Colour outside the lines~ ;)

As a regular consumer of anime myself I completely agree. To me, a lot of other anime fans (online, anyway) come off as obnoxious and generally unpleasant/annoying.

Edited by Le Trashman
  • Brohoof 1

Homestuck, it's annoying, confusing, and just stupid to be honest. >_>

Literally, the first episode of the first act of the damn comic is about a kid hanging up a damn poster...like seriously what the buck?

The comics are soo boring to me I had to start making fun of it with sarcastic comedy to make it interesting enough to read and follow. 

I rather watch 15 hours of CATS on broadway then to EVER follow along with Homestuck.

Homestuck I believe was one of those things that just "happened" and the internet was like: "okay...?"  :wat:

I feel like the founder of this breed of "Homestucks" (which BY THE WAY, sooo original and creative with choosing a name to call yourself *cough* lame *cough*) was on a mix of LSD, meth and WAY too much crack when this piece of sh*t happened.  :eww:

Homestucks, at least the few I've encountered we're obnoxious, TOO abnormal to even have a REGULAR conversation with, and WAY too butthurt when taking a joke about there fandom. Look, someone is hurtfully but not intentionally dissing my fandoms I'm not gonna betch about it and eat 10 pounds worth of ice cream because of that, I'd laugh and be fine with it. BUT if you even touch Homestuck they'll be breathing heavily on the other side of their computer screens and start typing furiously. This is the damn internet, a place that's filled with good and bad, make up your mind, sheesh.  >_>

Couldn't agree more. I used to diss Homestuck all the time without trying it.

I tried it.  :eww:

I hate it even more. This kid going out to his mail box to get a game is not funny or quality material. For example there is a frame

(Note: Frame) where he takes arms and puts them on a cake (Wtf?) with a caption "This is %300 funnier" or something. I never laughed at all. Not once.

Homestuck to me is stupid and irritating.

EDIT: On the fandom name, I would go with homies

Edited by legendheart

Sonic fans can be really awful sometimes and I have bad experienes with them. However, I know there are great people among them, too, so I don't know. And yes, otaku are sometimes very annoying...

• Brohoof 3

Hmm...

Homestuck - They almost always say something about Homestuck in almost every single post they make. Even the slightest reference.

Sonic - Please believe me, this goddamn fanwar between Mario and Sonic was far too annoying that I stopped being a fan of Sonic.

Anime fans - Almost all in particular, yeah I know I know, I don't watch anime seriously, but they easily get annoying.

Also I don't mean I hate fandoms. I mean by which fandoms I feel annoyed by the most.

ojkmDtn.png

Also check out my OC vectors!

omg this is some outdated stuff

Ehh, I don't really find any fandom annoying... I don't think there's a collective negative attitude a group of fans have just because they like a certain thing. Every fandom can have good and annoying fans and nothing in particular comes to mind.

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-79436900-1383085974.png

"My past does not define me, because my past is not today."

First of all, Hetalia is a terrible anime, and any proper otaku in their right mind would not waste their time on that drivel.

Honestly, the Sonic fandom is probably the worst I've encountered, and I'm knees-deep in it. The vast majority are annoying and overzealous. Bronies might have their spats between 'best pony' and who WTCIRD, but with the Sonic fandom it always feels like it's them vs. the world. It also doesn't help that Sonic is one of those gateway series into the world of fan art and FCs.

Really though, any fandom can get pretty bad, and the bigger they are, the worse they get.

I'd like to rescind my previous opinion about the Sonic fandom being the worst, and raise it with the "Superwholock" fandom. :eww: This lot top the board by far. It's just ridiculous, and the shite that I see spouted from many in the fandom makes having your parents say they're disappointed in you, a minor event. I'm pretty big on letting people like what they like-and this lot is no different-but there as so many things I see that just have me wondering why?

Not to mention the hypocrisy of their common judgment against bronies and other fandoms, simply for being something against the status quo. Just like they themselves are.

• Brohoof 1

9hEemz2.gif

The Sonic fandom is absolutely ridiculous. :eww:

I'm with you on that one.

Also, even though I like the game but don't consider myself part of the fandom. The five nights at freddys fanbase is annoying.

It's so creepy that some of these fanboys make sexual stuff out of it, not to mention the people who are sexually attracted to toy chica.

Edited by Metallic guitar
  • Brohoof 4

Any fandom that is:

- Elitist

- Has members who judge others on their level of fandom and says stuff like "you're not a true fan if this and that"

Sadly, every fandom is like that.

• Brohoof 4

All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention. I believe that someone should become a person like other people.

"Aw man I love anime!"

"Aw yeah me too! What are your favorites?"

"Well I love DBZ and Digimon and-"
"LOL FUKKIN NOOB!!! Watching all that mainsteam shit!!! Watch a real anime like SUPERKAWAIIDESUHAPPYLUCKYSUN2!!!Fukkin noob!!!!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey man, they're finally releasing this anime in America, want to watch it?
"lol, why you watching dat dubbed shit!? Fucking casual! Real anime fans watches it in Japanese 'cause the engrish langrage shit "puristformbullshit" and everything's better from Nipponland!!!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think you get my point. 

I've had other bad experiences from other fandoms(Smash Bros, console and PC fanboys in general, even the MLP fanbase), but some of the worst experiences I've had has been from the anime fandom(it even got to the point where some idiot was blindly bashing the voice acting in The Legend of Korra because its "dubbed shit")

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 11

Every fandom has it's annoying fans and it's good fans. So there's no one fandom that I find more annoying than others.

Not all otakus are weaboos. I love anime, but agree that it's irritating when people try to shove it down your throat or won't shut up about it. I also hate elitists who think they're better than you because they have seen more obscure anime and don't watch dubs. These are the people that give the good fans a bad name and cause people to generalize. The entire fandom is not like this!

And Hetalia is not a bad anime, in my opinion...it's just a funny historical satire and not meant to be taken seriously. It's definitely not for everyone. The obnoxious fans ruin it, not the anime itself.

Edited by Emerald Star

I also have one problem with the Smash Brothers community. Some of them act like the only good game was Melee well giving stupid reasons why the rest suck. (No Mewtwo! No Wave dash!). Must I remind you that the wave dash was a glitch, ie not intended to even be in the game. So taking advantage of it competitively would be considered cheating.

• Brohoof 2

"Aw man I love anime!"

"Aw yeah me too! What are your favorites?"

"Well I love DBZ and Digimon and-"

"LOL FUKKIN NOOB!!! Watching all that mainsteam shit!!! Watch a real anime like SUPERKAWAIIDESUHAPPYLUCKYSUN2!!!Fukkin noob!!!!"

"Hey man, they're finally releasing this anime in America, want to watch it?

"lol, why you watching dat dubbed shit!? Fucking casual! Real anime fans watches it in Japanese 'cause the engrish langrage shit "puristformbullshit" and everything's better from Nipponland!!!"

I think you get my point. 

I've had other bad experiences from other fandoms(Smash Bros, console fanboys in general, even the MLP fanbase), but some of the worst experiences I've had has been from the anime fandom(it even got to the point where some idiot was blindly bashing the voice acting in The Legend of Korra because its "dubbed shit")

I,don't watch Korra, but isn't it American? How can it be "dubbed shit"?

I,don't watch Korra, but isn't it American? How can it be "dubbed shit"?

That's exactly it. It's American, hence why I called that person and idiot :P

Edited by Megas75