Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions GIF Avatars?

luftschloss
Go to solution Solved by Lightwing,

Hello friends! I see many people on this site with their avatars as GIFs (you know, the little movey pictures) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make their avatars a GIF. When I try to do it, the site just takes a random frame of the GIF (perhaps the frame from when I saved it to my computer) and makes that frame my avatar. If you can help me, thank you very much! :)

• Brohoof 4

The GIFs have a problem here when resizing.

If you put a gif that's bigger than your Avatar Size Limit (150x150 in your case,as you're a normal user,and 150x200 when you're suscriber/donor/staff),it takes a random frame of the gif and treats it as a png.

The trick is to use the exact size for a gif,so the avatar editor does't resize it.

I would recommend you this page . You don't need any program,and it allows you to customize the GIFs on many ways,counting size.

Hope that it helped!

• Brohoof 2

If you want to use .gif image as your avatar It needs to fit the limits so it cant be bigger than 150x150 px or 150x200 if you are donor and the  filesize cant be bigger than 100kb or 150kb if you are donor

You can use various programs such as gimp to resize the image so it fits the restrictions..

• Brohoof 1

If you want to use .gif image as your avatar It needs to fit the limits so it cant be bigger than 150x150 px or 150x200 if you are donor and the  filesize cant be bigger than 100kb or 150kb if you are donor

You can use various programs such as gimp to resize the image so it fits the restrictions..

I'll try to use some that are for sure below the size restrictions in both file size and image size, but it still does the thing where it takes just one frame out of it and doesn't make it a gif. The image is a .gif image and should work... 

• 1 month later...

The question has been answered, and the OP stated their satisfaction, so I'm going to lock this.

If you have any further questions, feel free to start a new thread! :muffins: