Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who was/is your favourite teacher and why?

FireFox

Who was the best teacher you've had? The one that you clicked with. The one that made learning fun.

My favorite teacher was Mr. Robinette (we called him "R"). He was my computer teacher in the 10th-12th grade. The computer classes at the time were for juniors and seniors only (11th and 12th grade). I was the first and only 10th grade student in the class. That meant I finished the 12th grade and last class in the 11th grade. In the 12th grade (senior year) I was doing independent study and made my own lesson plan. I was also an admin level user on the school network (netware advanced 3.5). Brohoof if you know what ncsnipes is.

Describe the teacher that made a big influence on you.

Best teacher I've get had was 7th grade english and history, Mr. Wlodarczyk (might've been Wlodarzyk, I think I'm allowed to mispell this name).

Unlike a lot of teachers, he combined the subjects into a study of human nature, social and cultural dynamics and how they effect everything, and how think on deeper levels. All in 7th grade. We did analyzations of a bunch of classic literature, figured out if money or knowledge is really power, defined normality, declared humans inherently good or evil, created and destroyed Utopias, and tons of other stuff. We had philosophical debates about things that college students would (although not quite up to that level).

Haven't had a teacher or class that good since :)

One of my Geo teachers over the years. He rocked. We had the most amazing and thought-provoking debates in class, and I actually semi-enjoyed the course because of him XD

Mr. Magnus.

He was my 12th grade U.S. Government teacher. He managed to take one of the most horrendously boring subjects at school, and made it fun and tolerable. Sure when you got home and had to do reports your pretty much up a creek without a paddle. But during class, well there isn't really a way to describe his method other then, he was simply "20% cooler" then the rest of the teachers.

Its too hard to choose! So i will put both

Mrs.Steve -1st grade-Homeroom

She was amazing, nice, and she even made REAL green eggs and ham and it tasted amazing X). She was also one of the teachers that didn't give out homework much.

Mr.Bailey - 10th grade- US Gov.

Now when you think you have crazy teachers, you haven't meet this guy. On one of his test he put "If you get to this answer before someone else, come and see me." So one of my classmates go up and talks to him and Mr.Bailey tells the class to go to the door and watch this classmate. So my classmate goes to the nurse's office and asks for meds for heart worm. The nurse was confused and gave a funny look, than my classmate ran out on all fours barking while heading back to the classroom XD.

(But he did a good job in teaching)

Edited by Bobthecableman

My geography and math teachers are without a doubt the best teachers I've ever had. They are a lot famous around my city since they work in many schools. They are not only very good teachers, but they are also very funny. They tell jokes, they do absolutely crazy things and they make sure to paste a smile on everybody's faces. That's the best way to learn, in my opinion: having fun! ^-^

Edited by DrizzleSTAR

I had an amazing geography teacher! (Mr.Moore)

He was kinda strict at first but once you got to know him he was really nice and was always cracking joke's ect :)

He dressed like an explorer and had the beard to match it (until senior staff made him wear a suit :( ) and it really felt like he was taking us to where he was describing.

He is such a good teacher that pupil's in his class generally got 10-20% higher mark's then the overall year average in geography.

My best teacher was my 7th grade LA teacher.She showed us alot of fun,and cool stuff,but the only bad thing about her class was all of my classmates.They can't shut their damn mouths.So all I hear is "BE QUIET!" for the whole class period.Other than that.We get some pretty good fun projects,and cool topics for debating on. :wub:

Best teacher for me was my Senior English teacher Mrs. Aaker. She got me interested in poetry, writing, and old English literature. Also at that time I was coming out of the closet and she helped me through that. I think I never would have graduated if it wasn't for her. Best teacher EVAR!

Clearly my old teacher Tommy he was our Alchemy/Math Teacher in 5th-7th Grade. He really made teaching fun and he must be one of the best teachers i've ever had. He was also so nice and calm too except when someone was missbehaving ofcourse.

My Art teacher last year... Mr.Newman

He was a total badass and was really nice to everybody. He was the only teacher that would let us listen to music in class, which was awesome!

Why are all art teachers so cool?

I'd say our computer teacher, Mr. Peters (common, isn't it?),whim we called "Teacher Dude"

He was cool, and he made learning fun. we didn't do stuff like watching long, boring lessons that are automated or he just sit at a poster and tell us what to do, he interacted with us. when we needed help, he'd encourage us.

He was awesome.

This was back in 7th Grade.

My 10th grade Ceramics Teacher, Mrs. Wait was the best teacher I ever had.

She was less of a teacher and more of a mentor. She had an eye for passion and talent in the art field and was a very friendly and happy teacher, even when she said she was depressed about something. Most of her classes encouraged self-teaching and creativity, and she'd go to as many students as possible and provide her professional opinion as well as helping them improve on their technique, getting to know them better as well. And for ceramics club, every meeting she'd bring a HUGE stash of food, drinks, snacks and candy for us to snack on while we did something for that club.

Although, the only reason why I failed that class was I was slow. She always praised my talent, and noted that if given a timeframe that wasn't as restricted as a high school schedule, I would do amazing things. *sigh* I wish I had the money to actually continue working with ceramics... That was a fun class. :(

The best teachers I've had have been:

My first grade teacher Mrs. Crittenden

My eighth grade algebra teacher Mrs Carlson

My AP english teacher Mrs. Rydalch

All were extremely effective teachers.

Let's see, my fifth grade teacher Mr. Jenkins, my 9th grade history teacher Mr. Woodmansee, my Japanese teachers Mrs. Nicely and Mr. Rockleman, my macroeconomics professor Dr. Hoftyzer, my analytical chemistry professor Dr. Richter, or my social philosophy professor Dr. Martire? I can't choose, although I think the latter beats them all out, even if marginally, for the passion and knowledge he had for his subject and that he really expected us to be engaged with the material. Although the material was tough, the fact that he was encouraging and that he treated the class as more of an intellectual journey than a series of punch-clock learning sessions single-handedly got me interested in the material. I'm constantly wondering if I should change my major from chemistry to philosophy because of him.

However, I like all of these teachers for different reasons, so it's hard to make a comparison, but currently I see Martire as the most influential.

Edited by JustFairness

Oh boy, my College Professor Mr. Niksky was the coolest teacher I've ever had. He really inspired me to become a better person in general. He was hilarious and had awesome stories about The Cold War and The war in Afganistan (For the Soviets).

Mr Travis! 8th grade history teacher. He was the bomb. Most down the Earth teacher I've ever met and he has my utmost respect for dealing with the things he did cause many of his students took him as a pushover. Even to this day he recognizes me when I go home to visit family and I stop in to see him. It just blows my mind how much of a wonderful teacher he is and how much of a passion he has for his job.

all the teacher were i go to school are awesome and if they aren't we get rid of them no kidding there was this teacher that we got rid of because she was old and wouldn't go away but right now may fav is my math teacher because he give us the homework so we fail it and then teaches it to us the next day it works really well

I just can't choose man. But they've all come from this year.

I mean I love my maths teacher. Complete awesome. Let's me do what I want to do, which let's me be a bit more expressive and think of new ways to apply what I learnt.

Course, my physics teacher is pretty darn amazing, considering she pretty much let's me ask whatever question I want, and her explanations are amazing.

Chemistry is just mind blowingly fun. I can go off topic, and I won't get in trouble for it. Which really engages me.

Well, those are my favorite teachers.