Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do some of the characters from MLP remind you of characters from other shows ?

Megachangeling12

RD is a bit like Han solo . As far as Sonic goes the only similarity I see is the color and speed . Let me put in alignment terms Sonic lawful or neutral good . Dash chaotic neutral at best . Bottom line somewhat similar powers totally different attitudes.

I've always thought of Rainbow Dash and Sonic as both chaotic good.  Sure, RD can be a jerk, but it's mostly because she doesn't think things through; take her reaction when Pinkie told her not to prank Fluttershy---the moment she gave it thought, she dropped the idea.

• Brohoof 1

If you don't mind me asking, where would you get these comparisons from?

Well,for Redd,it's not the personality. It's his appearence.

White_Showing_Off.gif

Well,for Redd,it's not the personality. It's his appearence.

White_Showing_Off.gif

Appearance-wise, maybe, but I think it's unfair to compare her to someone who drives other people to suicide, ruins lives, and even murders for the sole reason of personal profit .-.

Rarity reminds me of James from Thomas and Friends :P

Also, these aren't technically TV show characters but..

Rainbow Dash reminds me of Sonic and Twilight Sparkle reminds me of Tails. Predictable, I know.

And Pinkie Pie reminds me of Crash Bandicoot because.. reasons :P

Twilight - An amalgamation of Dexter from "Dexter's Laboratory" with Blossom from "Powerpuff Girls."

Applejack - Eddard Stark from "Game of Thrones"

Rarity - Milly from "Code Geass"

Rainbow Dash - Classic Spyro, Sonic the Hedgehog

Fluttershy - Rena Ryugu from "Higurashi"

Pinkie Pie - Mole from "Atlantis: The Lost Empire"

Most important:

Maud Pie - Best Disney Character Ever

(edited)

Another one, I get a lot of early Franziska von Karma vibes from Trixie(which is actually kind of funny considering I dislike Trixie yet consider Franzie one of my favorite Ace Attorney characters)

453012__safe_solo_trixie_parody_ace+atto

Edited by Megas75

I really think this thread is a little harsh on RD. Yes she has moments of being a jerk, but she's no comparison to he likes of Cartman, Eddy, Bender etc. We've seen plenty of examples in the show of her loyalty, her being a good friend and having a good morality.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I didn't pick those characters because I disilke RD on the contrary I share the same love for them as I do her . Like her all those characters have shown their own little sweet moments that help you to love them sometimes and not always root against fhem . Pus you have to admit like RD they may be jerks but their still awesome as ever .

Personally Bender is up there with my most beloved TV characters, don't watch alot of South Park and haven't seen Ed, Edd n Eddy since I was 10 years old. I agree they all have their sweet moments but the purpose of these sort of characters is to be the jerk that everyone loves. I don't see Rainbow Dash as that, I see her as a chaotic good character who has moments of being brash, arrogant and even selfish, but really she's loyal, caring and helpful. All of the main 6 have their flaws, Rarity is often greedy and selfish, Fluttershy is often a doormat, Pinkie Pie is often flanderized, Twilight is often OCD etc.

I really think this thread is a little harsh on RD. Yes she has moments of being a jerk, but she's no comparison to he likes of Cartman, Eddy, Bender etc. We've seen plenty of examples in the show of her loyalty, her being a good friend and having a good morality.

Honestly I didn't pick those characters because I disilke RD on the contrary I share the same love for them as I do her . Like her all those characters have shown their own little sweet moments that help you to love them sometimes and not always root against fhem . Pus you have to admit like RD they may be jerks but their still awesome as ever .

Personally Bender is up there with my most beloved TV characters, don't watch alot of South Park and haven't seen Ed, Edd n Eddy since I was 10 years old. I agree they all have their sweet moments but the purpose of these sort of characters is to be the jerk that everyone loves. I don't see Rainbow Dash as that, I see her as a chaotic good character who has moments of being brash, arrogant and even selfish, but really she's loyal, caring and helpful. All of the main 6 have their flaws, Rarity is often greedy and selfish, Fluttershy is often a doormat, Pinkie Pie is often flanderized, Twilight is often OCD etc.

Rainbow Dash kind of reminds me of Kevin from Ed Edd n Eddy. The way she calls Twilight an Egghead reminds me of how he calls the Eds,dorks.

3798348-kevin_dorks.jpg

I agree, there's nothing wrong with comparing RD to other "Lovable jerks" but comparing her to the likes of Cartman/Bender is pretty ridiculous.

I'd say RD is more in line of the likes of Spinelli from Recess, Han Solo or even Vegeta in the Buu saga

(edited)

Using Bender as a textbook emample.

Things RD wouldn't do:

- Be a petty thief

- Dream of killing all unicorns

- Do business with the Pony Mafia

- Throw a friends pet into a pit of lava

- Throw her own filly into tartarus in order to summon an army of the damned

- Victory Dance on the back of a pony who has just died of a heart attack

Just off top of my head

Edited by DashBandicoot
  • Brohoof 1

My thoughts on your list

1. Well Egan heros have been petty thrives ( Aladdin , robin hood ).

2. I'm pretty sure if Dash ever saw some of the things fan fic writers put her through she might actually have that dram ..

3. Prehaps if they offered her a lifetime supply of cider and daring do books .

4. Yeah that one probably not even if she wanted to her ekement wouldn't allow her to .

5. Can't remember any of the guys representing RD on my list doing that .

prehaps not unless that pony was Lightening Dust .

Futuama spoiler alert

Regarding the last entry. It was late in the Futurama series, Bender entered a tap dance competition and his main rival was a 6 year old girl with a heart condition, though she turns out to be an evil jerk herself (so yeah kind of like Lightning Dust). She has a heart attack after winning and Bender then does a victory dance on her chest which somehow recuscitates her. So he's a unwilling hero.

Ok I've come up with a list of the things that make RD similar to the characters I picjed

Bender : the moment we just discussed , the tendency to chrat , , anger I issues and possible self worth issues .

Cartman : the braggart of the group , rather lazy , sometimes moronic other times rather intelligent as tend use the insult Egghead / Jew . Has an obsession with winning , special connection with Fluttershy / butters ( who are very similar I might add .).

eddy : Scmrs ate often somewhat crazy , like the others obsession with winning , obsession with a food / drink ( cider and jawbreakers ., have gotten somewhat better since the start of the series .

Mung Daal : in charge attitude , tends to be outmatched in joke telling by a another cast member ( pinkie and chowder ). Considers one of their friends / co words to be a nerd ., obsession with a certain job ,

Bloo : ( thing s brought up previously ). As well as being a product of Lauren Faust .

Banzai : short temper , aggressive one all g their group who starts the fight , let act for injury ( think cactus butt and all those times RD smashed into things .) , has a somewhat annoying best friend ( Pinkie and Ed ).

Ok I've come up with a list of the things that make RD similar to the characters I picjed

Bender : the moment we just discussed , the tendency to chrat , , anger I issues and possible self worth issues .

Cartman : the braggart of the group , rather lazy , sometimes moronic other times rather intelligent as tend use the insult Egghead / Jew . Has an obsession with winning , special connection with Fluttershy / butters ( who are very similar I might add .).

eddy : Scmrs ate often somewhat crazy , like the others obsession with winning , obsession with a food / drink ( cider and jawbreakers ., have gotten somewhat better since the start of the series .

Mung Daal : in charge attitude , tends to be outmatched in joke telling by a another cast member ( pinkie and chowder ). Considers one of their friends / co words to be a nerd ., obsession with a certain job ,

Bloo : ( thing s brought up previously ). As well as being a product of Lauren Faust .

Banzai : short temper , aggressive one all g their group who starts the fight , let act for injury ( think cactus butt and all those times RD smashed into things .) , has a somewhat annoying best friend ( Pinkie and Ed ).

I think Wonderbolts Academy demonstrated that she's learned her lesson with regards to cheating. And while Dash does have lazy moments she is not always so and has been shown to help out on several occasions as well.

That is true Dash does help at times . But people seem to to forget their are numerous amounts of SP episodes where Cartman's involvement was nesicary and if he had chosen to be lazy in those episodes they would be had no plot . This includes the movie where he saved the world from Saddam hussien by electrocuting him . But it is true that Dash has a few more active moments due to her dream job of being a wonderbolt and their physical requirements . Overall I think all eight of these lovable cartoon jerks share a similar but not identical opinion on work and exercise . Which is they mostly avoid it but will assist there friends if absolutely needed and sometimes when there not wanted .