Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are story trades dumb in exchange for artwork?

twilight24

I was curious, as I can't draw but I can write ... what would be a fair trade for artwork? I'm not a great writer but I can string a few well constructed sentences here and there. I dunno , maybe it isn't fair to the artist, because writing a story can tale up to an hour or two while drawing can be a few days. I may just do commissions, just leery of putting my personal financial information online.

What are your thoughts on this matter? Is it fair or no?

Silently waiting

Hoping the words come to mind

Fingers tingling on keyboard

Twitching and typing as words form on screen

Tantalize the sensations

With every thought and letter taking form

Onto a new story and adventure

Could be fun ! :lol:

I'm not that great at writing in english and I tend to write long sentences and to repeat words.

If you're interested, I could use some help, but not right now, maybe in few weeks, I've got some ideas, but I need the pictures that go with them.

You can visit my shop in the section dedicated to it.

Of course, you don't have to do anything in return for a drawing :) , it's more about helping each other. No contract or anything like that.

EDIT: I'm learning how to use ponyscape instead of GIMP right now, so I'm not doing requests now but when I'll start again, I will be able to draw much faster so I won't mind drawing multiple requests for one person(at least I hope it will be as fast as I think it will)

Edited by ConcorDisparate

Could be fun ! :lol:

I'm not that great at writing in english and I tend to write long sentences and to repeat words.

If you're interested, I could use some help, but not right now, maybe in few weeks, I've got some ideas, but I need the pictures that go with them.

You can visit my shop in the section dedicated to it.

Of course, you don't have to do anything in return for a drawing :) , it's more about helping each other. No contract or anything like that.

EDIT: I'm learning how to use ponyscape instead of GIMP right now, so I'm not doing requests now but when I'll start again, I will be able to draw much faster so I won't mind drawing multiple requests for one person(at least I hope it will be as fast as I think it will)

When I try to write something, I always overthink.

Yeah you're right . I'm trying to work on a story for someone but its in short story format. Its okay just Linda hard to write in my house because of my sisters kids (the baby mostly )always crying. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhj.

Most people in the request guild section would happily make something without asking for anything in return. But if you really wanted to give something back, I bet they wouldn't deny a nice short story or poem. Just make sure you have a good plot and most importantly, correct grammar and sentence structure, because a badly written thing would infuriate the reader.

I do and I can write well enough c: I just have trouble with spelling mistakes, and sometimes grammar. Short stories are harder than you think

But thank you everyone for your help and encouragement!

@@twilight24,

As an artist and a (bad) writer, I think it's completely fair, as long as it's done right. 

If an artist gives you a sketch, and expects you to write a multi chapter fic, that's obviously not fair. If an artist gives you a full, shaded piece with a background, and you give them a short oneshot, that's not very fair either. The key is balance - you both should give what you get.

Hopefully this helped you out! I've traded art with writing before, and I was very happy with the results :)