Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Who can beat Battler Ushiromiya?

RAGESTAR

Oh, trust me, there's plenty of people who could outright make Ushiromiya their bitch, lol. And there are a few ways to get pat his Endless 9. Concepttual (utilizing a concept such as death or pain) attacks on a multiversal scale could do the trick. Also, being so much more powerful than him that its ridiculous could help too, lol.

Here's the problem: To be that powerful they would need to be all-powerful but you've specifically banned such characters.

My suggestion could take him out before Battler even knew he was there so assuming his powers have to activate consciously that would end this whole thing instantly. Otherwise Battler is too unbeatable if neither technology, stealth, pure muscle or supernatural powers will work on him.

• Brohoof 1

It kinda seems like every time someone suggests fighting you with pain you say "nope he can just reset the universe so he doesn't feel anything and you die"

Please, don't assume things like that, its very insulting. If anyone had named a character who could beat him, I would have said so. But the fact is, every charactet who has been named so far, just simply can't beat Battler. It's called a challange for a reason, you know.

Here's the problem: To be that powerful they would need to be all-powerful but you've specifically banned such characters.My suggestion could take him out before Battler even knew he was there so assuming his powers have to activate consciously that would end this whole thing instantly. Otherwise Battler is too unbeatable if neither technology, stealth, pure muscle or supernatural powers will work on him.

Actually, that's not even close. Kumagawa could reset the universe, yet he's been defeated before in his own series. Battler is the same, just on a larger scale. Trust me, there are guys I know who coul move and beat Battler. Just because one can control or destroy universes or multiverses, doesn't make them omnipotent.

That's kind of exactly what omnipotent is. All-powerful. Impossible to overcome. Able to rewrite any failings at a whim. He can both negate any power thrown in his face and remake the universe in a way that makes it so he didn't lose at all. That makes him impossible to defeat. With powers like his the only reason he'll lose is because the writers decided he should. In reality he is undefeatable.

The only reason Kumagawa was defeated was because of Medaka's own power which is to copy and perfect someone else's ability. Her power is literally oneupmanship. He wouldn't have lost any other way.

But like I said: Hei. If Battler can be defeated/killed/whatever by a surprise attack then Hei is the guy for the job. He doesn't have to use supernatural powers to defeat his enemies so they can't be negated by Battler's main skill. Assuming the skill doesn't activate on its own and he has to be conscious of something to rewrite it out of the universe then Hei would win. Battler won't even know he's there.

(edited)

That's kind of exactly what omnipotent is. All-powerful. Impossible to overcome. Able to rewrite any failings at a whim.The only reason Kumagawa was defeated was because of Medaka's own power which is to copy and perfect someone else's ability. Her power is literally oneupmanship. He wouldn't have lost any other way.But like I said: Hei. If Battler can be defeated/killed/whatever by a surprise attack then Hei is the guy for the job. He doesn't have to use supernatural powers to defeat his enemies so they can't be negated by Battler's main skill. Assuming the skill doesn't activate on its own and he has to be conscious of something to rewrite it out of the universe then Hei would win. Battler won't even know he's there.

Again, being able to rewrite, destroy, or create a universe, or even a multiverse, does not make someone omnipotent. Omnipotent means that you can do absolutely anything, anything at all, without any limit. Battler has a limit, and weaknesses, and flaws. It does not take an omnipotent to beat him. I could name 5 chaaracters off the top of my head who could beat him, and they aren't omnipotent.

Also, a sneak attack might work...but Battler is a trained fighter, and can amplify any of his physical stats on a whim. He could react before Mr. Li Shangshung could even process a thought. ^^;

I know I sound like I'm being difficult or biased, but please believe me, I wouldnt have made this if no one could beat him.

Edited by Battler Ushiromiya

Rewriting a universe gives him the power to do anything whatsoever. I don't see how that isn't omnipotent, limitations or otherwise.

Hei wouldn't wait to challenge Battler. He wouldn't even let him know he was there. How can he fortify himself like that if he doesn't know he needs to? If all of his abilities have to be activate with a conscious thought. If he's not given the opportunity to even think he's in danger then he can't activate those abilities.

You are being overly difficult with this. You keep adding on more and more requisites for his defeat. First he can rewrite the universe, then he could negate special abilities making it impossible to fight him as a supernatural being and now he can amplify his physical stats beyond human capability to the point that he can react to anything no matter how quickly or cleverly it hits him? You are doing what many anime writers have a problem with: They make characters that are only defeatable when the writer says it's time to be defeated. If you are the writer in this instance than no one is ever going to beat him. Even a character with the xact same type of power as him has his ability negated so it can't be used against him. You're being completely unfair to everyone who enters this topic.

Even if I chose Medaka, who would literally use his own power, perfected, against him you would no doubt find a way to say she can't do that when Medaka's entire existence is literally to overcome every opponent she's ever come up against. It's both her nature and her power.

I'm done with this topic. It's not worth my time.

Rewriting a universe gives him the power to do anything whatsoever. I don't see how that isn't omnipotent, limitations or otherwise.Hei wouldn't wait to challenge Battler. He wouldn't even let him know he was there. How can he fortify himself like that if he doesn't know he needs to? If all of his abilities have to be activate with a conscious thought. If he's not given the opportunity to even think he's in danger then he can't activate those abilities.You are being overly difficult with this. You keep adding on more and more requisites for his defeat. First he can rewrite the universe, then he could negate special abilities making it impossible to fight him as a supernatural being and now he can amplify his physical stats beyond human capability to the point that he can react to anything no matter how quickly or cleverly it hits him? You are doing what many anime writers have a problem with: They make characters that are only defeatable when the writer says it's time to be defeated. If you are the writer in this instance than no one is ever going to beat him. Even a character with the xact same type of power as him has his ability negated so it can't be used against him. You're being completely unfair to everyone who enters this topic.Even if I chose Medaka, who would literally use his own power, perfected, against him you would no doubt find a way to say she can't do that when Medaka's entire existence is literally to overcome every opponent she's ever come up against. It's both her nature and her power.I'm done with this topic. It's not worth my time.

No, I am not being unfair. It's just that people can't seem to do enough research about powerful fictional characters who could beat him. He's not omnipotent, and if you think he is, then clearly you don't know the meaning of the word. If people are gonna fuss so much about me being "unfair" when those are his freaking powers, then I'm just gonna request this thread to be locked.

Here are just a few characters who can beat him, btw: Hitoshura, from SMT. Reinhard, from Dies Irae. Ren Fuji, from Dies Irae. Pre retcon Molecule Man, from Marvel Comics. Pre retcon Beyonder, from Marvel Comics. And Othinus, from ToAru no Index. And thats just a few. I wasn't being unfair, your all just uncreative.

Could a mod please lock this? It seems to be causing nothing but headaches and fights.

Before you do, I have one character I finally found that can beat him:

TOAA.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You do know that I said no omnipotents in the rules, right? -_-

There are characters who can match him, and beat him, in his own universe, so conflict isnt instantly solved. And like I said, there are plenty of fictional characters who can kick Battler's ass.

So its basically its like Dragonball Z, only much, much worse. 

So its basically its like Dragonball Z, only much, much worse.

No, actually, the story has a wonderful, intruiging plot, with deep, meaningful characters. Not every single character in his world is as powerful as him, and he didn't even get that powerful until near the end...

I just made this thread for a fun challange, to see how well you debate, but everyone seems to be pissed at me or treating me like a fanboy just because I wont admit that he loses to anyones character here, despite them not having the capabilities to beat him...

You were being unfair from the start by choosing a character that's so utterly powerful. Power levels make no difference when all you're doing is looking for people to name certain characters. Power levels also don't take into account circumstances of why they're fighting in the first place, positioning or just sheer dumb luck. This entire situation is rigged in your favor. That makes it unfair. I gave you a potential scenario and you dashed it completely. Everyone else has thrown characters at you with the same universe-breaking powers as your own character and your character gets to negate said powers on top of being able to boost his physical abilities so he can't be defeated in a simple fist fight. Your choice of character is too broken. Even if there are characters that can beat him you've still excluded 99% of all characters. You even said it yourself: His ability renders all supernatural ability pointless. Hitoshura's power comes from supernatural means and they aren't even his own. His power comes from a demon parasite that crawls through his body.

You're wasting everyone's time here. You say you aren't being unfair but you are. You're tipping the scales in your favor at every turn. Next time try picking a character who isn't God himself.

You were being unfair from the start by choosing a character that's so utterly powerful. Power levels make no difference when all you're doing is looking for people to name certain characters. Power levels also don't take into account circumstances of why they're fighting in the first place, positioning or just sheer dumb luck. This entire situation is rigged in your favor. That makes it unfair. I gave you a potential scenario and you dashed it completely. Everyone else has thrown characters at you with the same universe-breaking powers as your own character and your character gets to negate said powers on top of being able to boost his physical abilities so he can't be defeated in a simple fist fight. Your choice of character is too broken. Even if there are characters that can beat him you've still excluded 99% of all characters. You even said it yourself: His ability renders all supernatural ability pointless. Hitoshura's power comes from supernatural means and they aren't even his own. His power comes from a demon parasite that crawls through his body.You're wasting everyone's time here. You say you aren't being unfair but you are. You're tipping the scales in your favor at every turn. Next time try picking a character who isn't God himself.

I HAVE NOT BEEN UNFAIR!!!!!!! If I really wanted to be unfair, I would have restricted comic book characters and manga characters. I didn't "RIG" anything!! You named a fucking super human guy with martial arts, and tried to come up with a scenario where he tries to beat up a guy who could take the destruction of a universe to the face!! I wasnt being unfair, you just think too small in terms of power.

I was trying to make this a fun debate, but when you get pissed because inadiquite characters are losing to him, and you accuse me of doing something as petty as "rigging" the fight, then you kind of ruin the thread, you know?

Oh, and if you say I was unfair or rigging the fight one more time, I'm reporting you.

Okay guys, please be civil in here.  This is supposed to be a fun, silly thread for everybody involved to joke around about who they think would win in a fight.  It's not anything worth arguing over.  If there's any more issues in this thread it will be locked.

Okay guys, please be civil in here.  This is supposed to be a fun, silly thread for everybody involved to joke around about who they think would win in a fight.  It's not anything worth arguing over.  If there's any more issues in this thread it will be locked.

To be honest, I would rather it just be locked. Too many people are complaining about Battler's level of power, and they seem to think I'm just making stuff up. This isn't fun anymore, with people getting so hostile towards me, just because I'm honest...

You. Are. Being. Unfair. His power level alone is unfair for everyone else let alone whatever discussion there is to get around his power level. I named Hei because you already said that any being with supernatural powers doesn't work. Battler's power automatically negates it. I used a character that can take him out with no special powers whatsoever but what's this? Your character can't be beaten by any physical means because he can react inhumanly fast and can buff himself beyond any human. If super powers can't beat him and physical strength can't beat him then nothing short of a god can defeat him and you already ruled out their chance to participate.

This isn't about research or power levels. This is about you being too high and mighty about your choice of character that you won't even concede that it's not fun for anyone to try to debate a possible way to defeat a character whose weaknesses are all covered on top of the fact that he can literally write the universe in a way that makes it so anything that happens to him never happens. The only power that can beat that is another rewrite but what's this? ALL GODS ARE BANNED FROM THIS DISCUSSION.

Report me. See where it gets you. You won't have won anything and I will still consider this and any other topic you create of this ilk a waste of everyone's time. A potential removed post for maybe hostility isn't going to change the facts: No one in this topic is having any fun and never had any chance of it. He may not be invincible but the odds are too stacked in his favor while other characters in the same ilk of him are all banned. That is the very definition of unfair.

You. Are. Being. Unfair. His power level alone is unfair for everyone else let alone whatever discussion there is to get around his power level. I named Hei because you already said that any being with supernatural powers doesn't work. Battler's power automatically negates it. I used a character that can take him out with no special powers whatsoever but what's this? Your character can't be beaten by any physical means because he can react inhumanly fast and can buff himself beyond any human. If super powers can't beat him and physical strength can't beat him then nothing short of a god can defeat him and you already ruled out their chance to participate.This isn't about research or power levels. This is about you being too high and mighty about your choice of character that you won't even concede that it's not fun for anyone to try to debate a possible way to defeat a character whose weaknesses are all covered on top of the fact that he can literally write the universe in a way that makes it so anything that happens to him never happens. The only power that can beat that is another rewrite but what's this? ALL GODS ARE BANNED FROM THIS DISCUSSION.Report me. See where it gets you. You won't have won anything and I will still consider this and any other topic you create of this ilk a waste of everyone's time. A potential removed post for maybe hostility isn't going to change the facts: No one in this topic is having any fun and never had any chance of it. He may not be invincible but the odds are too stacked in his favor while other characters in the same ilk of him are all banned. That is the very definition of unfair.

Could you please leave me alone? I'm already feeling like shit enough as it is, without you accusing me self righteously...I made this to cheer myself up, but all it did was make me feel more depressed than ever...thanks for the help...

The insults and claims that I was being unfair really helped, by the way, great way to debate...it really helped my depression sink even lower...

Someone please lock this, it hurts to look at it... :(