Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Do you use facebook ?

almozayaf

No, I do not use Facebook and I refuse to do so. I think that is the true cancer of the internet and a complete waste of time. And yes, I am a 14 year old who is refusing to use Facebook and openly saying that it's a waste of time.

Edited by GrauWitz
  • Brohoof 1

I don't use Facebook.

I LIVE in Facebook.

Well, I lurk it. I barely post anything, but I simply read the posts from other people, talk to the friends I made there, and watch pages. I visit it at least once a day.

It also kind of surprises me that the majority of the people who answered this thread claim to be distant to Facebook. I'm not entirely sure why.

People say they use facebook to stay in touch, but I think "Why not stay in touch via e-mail or even by sending handwritten letters?" Plus I don't like the idea of having conversations between me and a friend open to the public and subject to "likes" and other petty things.

Yep, I get on it everyday just to see whatever pops up on my newsfeed. I hardly ever post things though. Like if I find a really funny joke I'll maybe post it or whatever. It's basically how I stay up to date on what the news is without ever watching the news.

I made mine years back, never use it for anything besides coordinating school work between colleges anymore.

I'll probably delete it at the end of this school year. 

Since I have a lot of IRL friends who do use Facebook, I have no choice but to keep mine open. It is useful to me for me as another form of communication via it's IMing (Instant Messaging) system.

I use Facebook but I have some problems I put up with at times such as someone tagging me without my permission. Not only that, I have my parents posting pictures of me rather than themselves, which could get annoying because you get people who IRL don't mean much to me commenting how handsome I am. I used to hate it a lot but now I'm using it for the sake of showing old friends that I'm still alive and kicking. I also FB Like pages.

• Brohoof 1

Nope- even just looking at Facebook, I can tell I'd probably get bored of it very quickly. It's not really my kinda site, to be honest... =/

• Brohoof 1

I use facebook to find out interesting/funny things that have happened in the world on the various news pages, but i dont regularly post, unless there is somthing to complain about!