Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starting a brony research

Violet_S

Well at school, my teacher said I have to make a research, its what she calls a 'free style' topic.. So I get to choose what I'm going to be researching. But I have been thinking, what if I make a research about bronies?

My teacher is quite interested in what the fandom is since I mention it a lot during class and she's okay with it so...any ideas?

I highly recommend Neal X's Elements of Brony series, which is an extensive look at the brony fandom. I've only seen a little bit, but I found it to be very informative and interesting. Here's the first episode:

• Brohoof 3

I suppose you could try putting up a few polls and surveys on the forum, but this is just one website. If you want to study the fandom as a whole, use multiple sources.

even FanFaction if you want to.

To be honest, I would completely avoid talking about the fanfictions. Too much weird shit.

• Brohoof 2

You can set up some interview questions to ask people on skype and use a screen capture program to have footage of people you interview for your research. I know I'd be glad to help. "Skype: Jfatula01" send me a message if you decide to do somthing like this cause i'm sure you could find others willing to help.

• Brohoof 1

well, i would start by explaining why this show is good. explain the animation, the way they tell the story, character development, and the way they tie other episodes to eachother, and how lauren faust re-developed it. :lol: good luck!

• Brohoof 1

Mention that John Cena is a brony. Oh yeah, and Chuck Norris!

I enjoy polls, so i guess you could do a poll on here.

As far as I know, John Cena never stated that he is a brony. He only whined in a similar way to Rarity, which Equestria Daily said could be a "coincidence."

I have never seen a reputable source stating that Chuck Norris is a brony.

If you have any sources proving that they are bronies, please let us know. smile.png

• Brohoof 1

My only recommendation is to try not to imply to many assumptions, or try and define the fandom to one group of people. We're a very diverse fandom, with people ranging from very young, to old, but also we have a diverse; political, racial, gender identity, and educational spectrum,  compared to many fandoms I've experienced. I think that's very interesting about our fandom. One second you could be talking to a 13yr old from the France, and on the same forum could be a 40yr old American veteran. You never know what's going to pop up in this fandom. I wouldn't recommend you use the term pegasister though in your research given many people don't identify as female just because they appear female, and some people, like myself, prefer a gender equal term.
Feel free to message me to talk. I can always help you with information I have from my experiences. But as for statistics, and etc, You're going to probably have to set up a poll- I can't think of anywhere that would offer you unbiased information.

• Brohoof 1

As far as I know, John Cena never stated that he is a brony. He only whined in a similar way to Rarity, which Equestria Daily said could be a "coincidence."

I have never seen a reputable source stating that Chuck Norris is a brony.

If you have any sources proving that they are bronies, please let us know. img-3666547-1-smile.png

SHH, NOBODY HAS TO KNOW THAT :baconmane:

I think i read that John Cena had a twitter post that said that he was but idk for sure :)

• Brohoof 1

Investigation class ...why you ask? O.o

For different courses, there are different questions you need to ask to make the most of your topic.

For investigation class, I suggest you go deeper than just the obvious stuff about the fandom.