Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Keep Your Figures in the Box or Open Them For Display?

Twisted Cyclone 🚓

How can you play with them if they're in the box?!

Seriously though, I have about half of mine open. The rest I've resisted the urge, but mostly because I'm moving. Once I do, those suckers are going to be open so fast it'll make their plastic heads spin.

you're not supposed to play with collectables, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If I buy something, I like to pop the box open. I just enjoy seeing my things the way they're meant to be displayed and like to be able to pick them up and examine them. I keep most of them on a shelf, save for my Link amiibo and Marceline Pop Vinyl figure, which I keep on my computer desk.

Both. It really depends on the toy. 2012 SDCC Derpy is out of her box though I still have it but 2013's Vinyl Scratch isn't. All my pocket ponies are arrayed, but I have some of the early released FiM brushables in their packaging with the mini-DVDs. Full set of the Target Power Ponies set in their packages, but I have an out-of-box Rarity-as-Radiance on my shelf. Funkos are out of box. Signed toys stay in their box. 

I also don't have any more room on my Pony shelf. 

When I first started buying ponies, I kept them in the boxes, but I later thought, well, why am I bothering? I'm not planning to sell them on in the future or anything as I doubt they would even have any sort of value, plus they're literally only there for display. So I decided to open them.

I always open mine, they're easier to display and store that way. Besides, most of the MLP toys are way too common to be worth much money down the road anyway.

Give them a couple of decades then, they should be worth 40$ at least  :dash:

Nah, I like to get them out, I like to touch poneh when I'm down  :adorkable:

I always take them out of the box to display. That's what I do with all the merch I collect. Always have and probably always will :) 

I keep my Equestria Girls and some of my brushables boxed but other than that, no.

The Equestria Girls I can understand keeping in the box because their boxes look really cool with the character pictures and all. (Still doesn't stop me from opening mine though lol)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I always open mine, they're easier to display and store that way. Besides, most of the MLP toys are way too common to be worth much money down the road anyway.

You obviously haven't seen how much some of the Funkos can go for eBay, particularly Luna and Celestia.

Most of mine are still boxed, at least for the moment, and that's how they'll stay until I have a house and a decent display cabinet to put them in.  Even then, they'll be opened carefully, and the boxes stored in the attic.

I've always been a Toys-R-Us kid; unless I am buying something SPECIFICALLY as either a gift for someone or to sell, then I open that sucker as soon as I can.

Why buy toys if you aren't going to PLAY with them?      :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

I've always been a Toys-R-Us kid; unless I am buying something SPECIFICALLY as either a gift for someone or to sell, then I open that sucker as soon as I can.

Why buy toys if you aren't going to PLAY with them?      :pinkie:

Toys!  I'm thirty seven, I don't buy toys!  I buy collectible actions figures and figurines.  Totally different, honest.  I may take them off the shelf every now and then to re-pose them for much longer than it should probably take, but that's allowed. :derp:

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 2

Toys!  I'm thirty seven, I don't buy toys!  I buy collectible actions figures and figurines.  Totally different, honest.  I may take them off the shelf every now and then to re-pose them for much longer than it should probably take, but that's allowed.

To each their own decisions are wise; you are always welcome to your own opinion, of course.

However, I can't help but feel that you're missing the point of 'toys' in the first place.  *shrug*  Ah, well... 

• Brohoof 1