gaming mods or no-mods which do you prefer?

Night Wing

For a second I thought you meant like moderators.

Depends from game-to-game, for me, I prefer modded minecraft over vanilla myself, but I prefer playing Civ5 with just the DLC as opposed to mods (but then again the game is so huge that it doesnt really need em.)

• Brohoof 2

With mods of course. Without them I don't think I'd still be playing Skyrim and New Vegas to this day. Who would say no to all that replay value? :icwudt:

Or, if your bored, something a little more silly. :please:

6569-1-1327003050.jpg

• Brohoof 1

"Psst...Psst (Do your best, even if you don't stand out.)"

"The golden rule is: Think about what you're saying, then don't say it, and then just run away somewhere!"

img-30925-1-img-30925-1-post-8308-0-40154900-1434305791.png

Signature by @Kyoshi

Without mods.

Especially when on games that constantly update. Mods for games that have long stopped updating are fun, but when it comes to games that constantly update, they go out of hand for some time until the mod gets updated into a suitable version for the updated version of the game.

But hey, I prefer vanilla. That is, no mods.

• Brohoof 1

ojkmDtn.png

Also check out my OC vectors!

omg this is some outdated stuff

A forum without mods would be interesting...

I think the discussion here is about Game Mods (Modifications, not Moderators, think it like that.)

---

As for me, I usually play Vanilla until it gets boring. Then I do mods.

• Brohoof 1

gonna take you out

I usually don't use mods, but I'd say I prefer to play with mods.

They can give games much more interest and make them more enjoyable :) .

But, like I said, I never really use them, because most of the time, it's sooo boring to install all of the stuff required and it usually ends up not working for some reason because I didn't read forty tutorials about it, only to waste my time to watch/read 39 of them explaining something I already knew >_> .

• Brohoof 1

untitled_drawing_by_pucksterv-d8sr5ys.pn

Signature made by Pucksterv

Vanilla until I've completed everything in vanilla, then I do mods.

There are a few exceptions, I've only ever played FONV and Payday 2 with mods and I play Civ5 both vanilla and with mods.

• Brohoof 1

Depending on the game. Games like GTA and NASCAR Racing 2003 Season I use mods. Other than that no.

For a second I thought you meant like moderators.

You are not the only one that thought that.

Edited by RainbowDash72
  • Brohoof 1

Madison%20county%20so%20car.gif

Country and Rock fan | Car fan (especially police cars) | Weather Pony | YouTube | Twitter | DeviantART

This is an easy one. Mods.
I used to mod all of the old GTA games years ago when the mods were first coming out. Especially GTA San Andreas, that game was a masterpiece. I couldn't play vanilla MineCraft either once I started installing mods for that as well.

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't play many games that can be modded. Minecraft being the one I first think of. Which I like playing some mods on. So I say yes to mods. 

• Brohoof 1

sig-32904.sig-32904.sig-32904.sig-386639

Sig by Destiny

The only game series I've ever played with mods is The Sims, and there it's wonderful. Particularly with The Sims 3 there were great mods for the way Story Progression works and maintaining the world the way you wanted. I think that The Sims is perfect for mods and Custom Content. However, when it comes to other series, I'm not really missing it all of that much. I'd love to have custom content in Animal Crossing as well, but people probably still wouldn't make what I want, so...

• Brohoof 1

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!