Who's the most underrated MLP character?

Sugar Pea

I think *Gilda is one of the most underrated MLP characters...I mean, out of them all, I have yet to see her make a comeback or anything really. Sure we got griffon OCs galore and a few pieces of fan art, but in all reality? She was a one hit wonder antagonist. ._.

What about you?

Edited by M00nFl0w3r
  • Brohoof 5

My vote goes to Princess Celestia as she tends to be the butt of most derogatory jokes and theories in the fandom while the show continues to under utilize her

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 12

Mane 6: Rarity - While it's not as bad as it was before Season 4, there's a lot of people I feel make rather ridiculous claims about her.

In general: Gilda - I find her interesting for a few reasons, and she was one of the 2 characterized Griffins we've seen thus far, but she hasn't returned, and I feel she gets too much hate (even if most of it comes from "LOL SHE MADE FLUTTERS CRY!" 

speaking of which i prefer her character over fluttershy

• Brohoof 2

It would have to be Celestia. Lately she's had such a minor role in the show that they might as well write her off. 

Cadance is pretty weak too.

I believe the same can be said for Luna. I've thought this when I rewatched the Royal Wedding two parter, and thinking..."Where's Luna when you need her?" haha

She seems to be the most absent during huge events.

My vote goes to Princess Celestia as she tends to be the butt of most derogatory jokes and theories in the fandom while the show continues to under utilize her

I have to agree with you there, my vote also goes to Celestia. Aside from what the fandom comes up with for poor Sunbutt, it seems that the writers underutilize her in order to give her more mystery. However, the problem with this is that every time Celestia actively tries to do something, she's either shown to be helpless or blatantly gets her ass handed to her. Granted, she helped to take down Discord and Nightmare Moon, but that was with the aid of the Elements of Harmony. Without them, she's shockingly powerless.

Cadance is pretty weak too.

Again, I have to agree. She wasn't even in most of her debut episode.

Edited by Prince Firemane
  • Brohoof 1

• Granny Smith - One of my favorite characters. She is funny and very admirable

Celestia - A major character who makes clever jokes and should get more respect. I mean look at her, she's badass!

Cheerilee - She is very cute and I like her character a lot. I am surprised that she's doesn't get much attention I mean she even had her own ep

• Brohoof 4

Celestia (Sadly) would have to the most underrated. She is one of my favourites, she deserves more respect in the fandom. I don't get why Luna gets all of the attention.... 

Going for the Celly and Cadance on this one, they do have a lot of potential and they are often sidelooked. Luna gets about as much time as Celly used to now, and Cadance could certainly use more.

Granny Smith is totally the coolest Apple with an amazing backstory and unique design and personality and yet she's not really payed attention to. :c

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6: - Rarity. Call me crazy if you will but I feel Applejack has recently gotten more popular than Rarity and I usually would consider Applejack the least popular!

Background Ponies: - Almost any background pony that isn't Derpy, Lyra, Doctor Whooves, Octaiva, Bon-Bon, or Vinyl Scratch. Also maybe Carrot Top too since I've heard she's been pretty popular with Derpy lately. Besides any of those popular background ponies, every other pony is underrated. Very, very underrated for sake when compared to the ones I've mentioned.

Major or Minor Characters: - Princess Celestia as well as Princess Cadence and Gidla. Princess Celestia gets the most hate out of EVERYPONY in the whole entire show in my opinion just because of negative fan personalites of her or any other stupid reasons of why she might get hated. Such as "OMG SHE JUST SEND WOONA TO THE MOON WITHOUT TALKING TO HER AT LEAST!" Umm... hello?! Princess Luna was, out of pure anger and jealously without talking to Celestia EITHER, turned into bloody NIGHTMARE MOON for sake! She would make it enternal night and nopony could have sunlight to grow food and could strave to death soon causing them to be dying. Night could also affect all of Equestira in other negative matters.

As for Cadence, she's much more popular by far than Celestia and Twilight (The Brony Notion on Youtube did a poll and Cadence came as second place with Luna as first place not shockingly.) However, I honestly don't see much love for Cadence and she sometimes can be quite underrated in my opinion. Sometimes. She also doesn't appear much in episodes and many considered her a Mary Sue when she first came in the show. Whenever she's not having a moment with Twilight in a episode, she doesn't do much and not many fans of the show really seem to quite care if she's not sharing a moment with Twilight. She isn't that underrated but she is a little bit weak I suppose.

She doesn't even have a army to join in the Lunar Republic VS Solar Empire war.

As for Gilda, no doubt she's quite underrated. She's mostly hated on because of making Fluttershy cry. If Trixie (a very, VERY, popular character mind you) had made Fluttershy or another pony cry, I bet she'd be hated on a lot. Almost as much as Gilda. If Gilda hadn't made Fluttershy cry, I bet she'd certainly be more popular as much as Trixie almost.

In general: - Either Celestia or Gilda. Enough can be said on that.

Edited by GoldenGlintingPurple
  • Brohoof 3

Apple Fritter is very underappreciated. She's the first Apple family member that Applejack introduces Twilight to, she helps out with not just one, but two Apple barn raisings, she's in Pinkie Pie's You Gotta Share, You Gotta Care song and dance routine, she helps plan Applejack's welcome back party in The Last Roundup, plus she's the one pony that Applejack chooses to help her with the catering at Cadence's wedding. And she's damn cute to boot.

img-3681924-1-Apple-Fritter.png

↑↑↑ Second-best Apple family member right here ↑↑↑

(Apple Bloom = best.)

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 3

That's a tough question...A really tough question...

But I would definitely have to say:

1. Princess Celestia
2. Starswirl the Bearded. Seriously how come we almost never hear anything about this guy? Isn't he like the most powerful Unicorn who ever lived?