Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would a non-apple cutie mark still be useful on the farm?

ggg-2

Yes, another "Applebloom getting a non-apple related cutie mark" hypothetical thread. (Yeesh, i make a lot of these  :P ) This time the question is would a non-apple cutie mark still be useful living on the farm? Back in the early days, they seemed to make Applebloom's talent be construction and/or carpentry (an idea they've seemed to step away from, but i digress.). A construction and carpentry cutie mark could be useful on the farm, in case something needs fixing up. (Though comic issues 9 and 10 have farm maintenance be Big Mac's job) Nowadays, they seem to be making potion-making be Applebloom's talent, specifically botany potions. Though, being an Earth Pony like her kin, Applebloom would be magically connected to the earth anyway, making botany potions seem.....redundant.

I agree that construction would be very useful considering how often they need to rebuild outbuildings in Sweet Apple Acres ;)

A business or chemistry related mark would we be beneficial to any agricultural focused enterprise as well . 

• Brohoof 1

It wouldn't really be conductive to being an Apple. She should get an Apple cutie mark even if a non-Apple would suffice by a technical standpoint.

Definitely construction. I really think that's what her mark is gonna be

She couldn't even construct a mere table. I don't know what fan fiction that construction thing came from but it should go away.

Actually there isn't many cutie marks that would help.

But yeah I'm pretty sure she'll get a construction cutie mark, which would be very useful in a farm (for example she could repair the barn).

She couldn't even construct a mere table. I don't know what fan fiction that construction thing came from but it should go away.

I think it was hinted in The Show Stoppers.

business!! Seeing as how they actually have some competition (the Flim Flam Brothers, even having been kicked out) and they HAVE business partners DT's father, I think that'd help them grow.

I mean, it wouldn't help in context of the show, so I don't see it happening at all, but logically I think it'd be good for the Apples if she was secretly a business genius.

It would depend on what kind of cutie mark she gets in the long run. If she doesn't get anything apple related or anything useful to farm work, she can always go down her own path away from the family farm. I always get this feeling that Applebloom's real cutie would be different from the family's, or rather unique. And since she has the most self conflict about her cutie mark out of the others, despite Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo having the same fears.

Edited by Nature Of Meloetta

It would depend on what kind of cutie mark she gets in the long run. If she doesn't get anything apple related or anything useful to farm work, she can always go down her own path away from the family farm. I always get this feeling that Applebloom's real cutie would be different from the family's, or rather unique. And since she has the most self conflict about her cutie mark out of the others, despite Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo having the same fears.

Move away from the farm? Keep in mind that Applebloom is still relatively filly age. Applejack moved out temporarily as a filly and that didn't turn out well for her.

Oh, absolutey.

Say if she gets a cutie mark regarding construction. She could apply that skill to build other barns or new add-ons

Honestly, I actually think Applebloom would be best if she got away from the farm and the family business; she just doesn't seem quite cut out to follow in her families footsteps just tending to the farm like AJ and BM, she seems like she's an apple that needs to set out on her own.

That potion making cutie mark seems like a step in the right direction IMO.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Depends on what her cutie mark is for. Potion making? Yes. Renovations or architecture? Yes. Pest Control? Yes. Marine biology.... er... uhm...

Absolutely a non apple cutie mark could be useful around the farm as a lot of people have already said construction or carpentry would be a plus no need to gather all the apples to build a new barn. Maybe a cutie mark that has something to do with animals taking care/providing for them something along those lines, or something with the business more along advertising to other towns since she is pretty young to be in charge of finances and such.  

Move away from the farm? Keep in mind that Applebloom is still relatively filly age. Applejack moved out temporarily as a filly and that didn't turn out well for her.

Because it wasn't Applejack's destiny to stay there. If it weren't for Rainbow's Rainboom, she would've stayed there and never realize who she truly is, being something she isn't. Applebloom on the other hand, her destiny is yet to come. If she gets a cutie mark that's unrelated to apples, if it helps on the farm she'll stay, if not, she'll take her destiny elsewhere because that's who she is and what she is meant to do. Not saying she has to leave the farm for good.

But a non-apple cutie mark can still be useful. But like I said, it depends. I'm just bringing up the possibilities that could happen.

Edited by Nature Of Meloetta

Theoretically just about any cutie could fit on the farm; it just depends on how that mark is interpreted. For example Fluttershy's could be seen as non-lethal pest control, while Rarity's could be seen as looking for rocks that may hinder harvest.

In any case AB's doesn't necessarily have to be apple-related to be relevant to the farm.