Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why it's so special for you that you are a brony?

I love Jelly Otter

I guess the show is a distraction from my hectic life, I like to know that when I finish school on a Friday, I have a new episode to look forward to the next day. Also the people in the community are so nice. They seem like they are the only people on the internet (and in real life) who will discuss about different opinions rather than yell and swear at each other. Which is why I am glad I became a brony! :)  

• Brohoof 2

Why one would be happy/glad that they became a brony?

Two reasons for me, and one is likely something that is not typical. 

1. My two teenage daughters were fans before me. Showing an interest in your kids taste in activities, hobbies, and media is important ... but sharing an interest ... it is a rewarding experience that elevates my individual enjoyment of the show to heights that is hard to explain. +1 parenting moment. 

2. I have met many people who have become close friends (or at least I consider them friends). They are individuals that I would have otherwise not have met if I did not become a Brony. 

• Brohoof 5

I have two reasons why being a Brony is special to me. MLP:FiM is something I can look forward to in a negative-filled world. I deal with so much on a daily basis: school, work, social pressures, going to college the list goes on! This one cartoon is something I can escape to. The positivity the ponies have and the adventures they go on gives me happiness. And the community is astounding. Everyone on this forum is happy and are there for you when you need them. I am proud to say MLP Forums is like a second home to me. :D

• Brohoof 3

Because, thanks to the mostly bright world and characters of MLP, gave me strenght to not let my depressive life take me down. Hay, I even started to work out thanks to ponies  :yay:

MLP is what I go to at the end of everyday, whether it's art, the forums or the show. If I've had a bad day it brings my spirit right back up. Everyone I meet has a different story and something different to offer as a friend. I couldn't give a damn if some jerk at school or wherever finds out and bullies me, because at the end of the day there's more to My Little Pony than a girl's TV show.

• Brohoof 2

I guess I feel special in that I got over the stigma of being a brony to give the show a chance instead of caring what everyone else thought. And I feel proud that I watch such a well done show.

• Brohoof 1

For me it has to be the same reason as 4x4 clubs and robot wars back in the day. Everyone is friendly and they help each other out :)

Visit the show, stay for the fans!

The fan art though? The fanfics, the drawings, the readings etc. it's all just WOW.

I guess I feel special in that I got over the stigma of being a brony to give the show a chance instead of caring what everyone else thought. And I feel proud that I watch such a well done show.

You've made a very good point. One of the things that's so important to me is that being a brony means being a part of an awesome community based around an awesome show. One does not justify the other. I don't lie about the show being good just so I can be in the community. The show is honestly really good. And vise versa. Also, the brony community is the most open group I have ever seen, heard of, or been in. Period. You can literally be YOU and people will love you for it. Now that is one big deep breath of fresh air.  ^_^

I'm happy to be a part of this fandom and all but it's not really that 'special'. We are like any other fandom except we enjoy a show that is not meant for us but we watch it regardless.

It's not really special for me, personally. MLP Is just another thing/franchise that I happen to like, along with several other things that I like which are completely unrelated to MLP....

At first it was just that I could be a part of something that let's me know I'm not alone in this world and there are others like me in ways I never could have Imagined. Now it's also because being a brony inspired me to put myself out in the world and contribute to it when not to long ago I never believed I could.