Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So it has been 1 year?

TheMarkz0ne

I guess 5 seasons(2010-2015)= 1 year in MLP FIM? Quite an eventful year right? Saved Equestria more times than Goku saved the earth. They defeated 6 villains. Twilight went to anothe reality twice. She became an alicorn. So much in one year aghhhhh. But didn't we have seasons occur twice? Meaning it couldn't have possibly been a year?

• Brohoof 1

i always thought that 1 season equalled 1 year! 

how do you know that this all was just one year? i havn't seen the latest episode yet so this question might be really dumb. :P

• Brohoof 1

i always thought that 1 season equalled 1 year! 

how do you know that this all was just one year? i havn't seen the latest episode yet so this question might be really dumb. :P

The Gala is an annual event and the newest episode was the 2nd gala we have seen. 

• Brohoof 2

The biggest clue we have in terms of time is in Princess Twilight Sparkle when they mention that it is Luna's first Summer Sun Celebration since her banishment. Not sure off hand if they said a year had past, or referenced an exact measurement of time. Unless it is an event that is celebrated non annually, that does add to the idea that Seasons 1-3 all take place within a year's time frame and Season 4 premier marks exactly one year. We can also assume that Season 5 began shortly after Season 4 ended due to the fact that Twilight still has not become accustomed to the castle. 

That said, this is magical world where ponies raise the sun, moon, and control the weather so I try not to get hung up on the details that much. 

• Brohoof 4

I suppose this clarifies how much time has passed in the show. However, I still find it hard to believe it has only been one year. So much has happened since Twilight came to Ponyville and all that the space of one year? Cartoons.....

• Brohoof 1

I don't think there's a definitive indication that this GGG is the first one to occur after the first season's "Best Night Ever". Celestia only says it's been the most eventful in years, which could simply mean it was more exciting for her than the one the Mane Six ruined attended, and the last couple before that, too, or equally that there have been a few years worth of GGGs before. As for why the other hypothetic intervening GGGs weren't shown in an episode is that this was the first one Twilight as the newest princess was expected to help organize, thus making it the first one important enough to get an episode.

Just because this is the first time since S1 the GGG has featured in an episode doesn't mean that they haven't been happening off screen.

• Brohoof 1

I suppose this clarifies how much time has passed in the show. However, I still find it hard to believe it has only been one year. So much has happened since Twilight came to Ponyville and all that the space of one year? Cartoons.....

True. I suppose I tend to find it more bareable since I am a huge comic book geek. I came to the realization long ago that I finally surpassed Peter Parker's comic book age even though he is old enough in normal time to be my father. 

• Brohoof 1

The way I look at it is that we can't gauge how a year passes in Equestria like we do here on Earth. Considering that the sun and moon are raised/lowered and that weather, in certain areas, is controlled by pegasi; then everything is different.

How can we be certain a year in Equestria is the same as our concept of a year?

This whole argument comes up so many times.

Equestria obviously doesn't exist on Earth. It probably doesn't even exist in the same universe. What we're looking at is a world completely different from our own. A day may not necessarily be 24 hours, a month may not necessarily be 30 days, and a year may not necessarily be 365 days. These things are all arbitrary and dependent on our own time scale. One year in Equestria could be something like a thousand days for all we know.

There has been no specified amount of time being passed aside from the 100 moons in Apple Family Reunion, and this Gala happened to just be the second one we have seen. The whole idea of time passing has been left vague at best.

True. I suppose I tend to find it more bareable since I am a huge comic book geek. I came to the realization long ago that I finally surpassed Peter Parker's comic book age even though he is old enough in normal time to be my father.

Oh well, what can you do? Ever since I started watching the show I thought they would do one year for one season and maybe we would see the Mane 6 mature over the years but here it has only been one year and even though they have learnt a lot of lessons they're still exactly how they were in the very first episode.

• Brohoof 1