movies/tv Worst entries in franchises you like?

The Coffee Pony

If Epic Rap Battles of History counts,then.

Miley Cyrus vs Joan of Arc

-The match-up didn't make sense. 

-Too bland

-Lyrics were awful.

-Joan of Arc had potential.

Sir Isaac Newton vs Bill Nye

-Bill Nye's voice was bland and didn't sound anything like him.

-Bill Nye only got one verse.

-No whacky sound effects in Bill Nye's verse.

-Neil should've been a third party,instead of backup for Bill Nye.

If not,then.

Scooby Doo Get a Clue

-The design is horrendous.

-Has no relation to the past Scooby Doo cartoons.

-No mysteries.

-Not interesting in the slightest.

-Humor sucks.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Like, WOW. I almost cried at the end of Sky

I'm unashamed to admit that I cried a lot at the end of the main story (in both Sky and Red Rescue Team), but you haven't experienced true PMD feels until you've finished Special Episodes 2 and 5 in Sky. Especially 2. The ending rips your heart out and stomps on it, repeatedly.

For Pokemon, I hate Pokemon Conquest. It's shit. I hate it so much.

I liked Conquest, to be honest. To each their own, I guess. Gates to Infinity was infinitely worse by comparison.

Pokemon:

I wouldn't say I hate PMD:GTI-that's a strong emotion I reserve exclusively for EA-but it's still bloody awful. They took out everything that made PMD compelling and unique and good. If I'm not getting emotionally involved in the story (which I wasn't) and crying hard enough to induce chest pains by the end (which I wasn't), then it's not a true PMD game.

The Virizion-Emolga ship was cute, I guess, but cute romance is not the reason I play a PMD game.

Edited by RCTM
  • Brohoof 1

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest sucks

Zelda: Not including the CD-i games, the DS games were some of my least favorites in the series

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2 were bad.

I liked Raimi's Spiderman series better.

Man of Steel is a terrible movie on the Superman franchise. It tried but it had bad writing all over it.

Dark Knight series were god awful. Bad name for Batman

And pretty much all remakes like Judge Dredd, Robocop, TMNT were insults to their franchises.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

Tokyo Drift,   yah I hate the F en F movies with a passion but not being a car person but I loved this flick given how bad it was at times!

• Brohoof 1

Civilization Beyond Earth. I love the Civ games, especially 5. This game had be excited and disappointed me, being a $50 reskin. Even more so considering I still play it.

• Brohoof 2

Jesus H Christ, don't even get me started on PMD: Gates of Infinity. I swear I will go on a rant and it'll be terrible for everybody involved.

Also Sonic Boom wasn't very fun. It was one of those few games that I just got a refund back.

• Brohoof 3

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity.

Just... urrggh. Explorers of Sky is my 3rd favorite game of ALL TIME. IT had unique yet replayable gameplay, deep characters, an epic plot, and heartwrenchingly emotional moments. Gates to Infinity got rid of all of that. The characters and story are bland, and the gameplay was downgraded by A)For SOME REASON having LESS Pokemon than the previous installment. Um... what? Sky had almost ALL the Pokemon when it was released, over 400. Gates has 144. The dungeons were boring and easy, and the entire game was super short and felt extremely rushed. There were a TON of dungeons, which seems like a good thing, but it seems they traded quality for quantity, which is usually a terrible idea. They got rid of hunger except for the end, when hunger was A CRUCIAL ASPECT of the gameplay in previous installments! They just dumbed down everything and made it mind-numbingly simple, there's none of the strategy or skill it took to play the previous games. Though, the story is the main problem. See, the past 2 games in the series had AMAZING story. Like, WOW. I almost cried at the end of Sky. Gates just decided, "Nah, screw the story, lets just give a half-assed story with a bunch of spineless side characters that do nothing to help the game. That's a good idea." (Spoiler: It wasn't a good idea.)

If your a fan of Mystery Dungeon you can just look at this and know its a bad game. I did not want to give it a chance, i was kinda angry. One of my first video games was Explorers of Darkness actually, i remember being 6, in a bumpy car, trying to hold my finger straight on the aura thing. I only recently realized how nostalgic it made me, when i heard a song from platinum that was also on darkness. I friggin' love that game. Imma pull it out actually, i was never able to defeat the final boss :o

For Pokemon, I hate Pokemon Conquest. It's shit. I hate it so much.

I actually played a bit of it on a simulator, and i didn't mind it, I thought it was kinda fun. I wonder if its target demographic was females. I have heard a lot of people say that XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Metroid: Other M: This game ruined the characterizations of Samus and Adam Malkovich along with contradicting so much of the Metroid lore and the timeline in the poorly written and simple story that even going on six years after it's release, the scar of this on the Metroid fandom has never healed and likely won't for a while. 

Sid Meirs: Beyond Earth: While this game had a lot riding on it since it's the unofficial spiritual successor to one of the best Sid Meirs games ever in Sid Meirs Alpha Centauri, but to only turn up to be some 50 dollar mod of Sid Meirs Civ V is just insulting to all fans of Sid Meir alike.

Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. They both equally deserve the title of worse sonic games for different reasons.

Sonic 06 for being glitchy and terrible loading times, convoluted storyline, and a horrid princess protagonist that promoted both necrophilia and bestiality (you thought Bella was the first?).

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric for being so bland and boring in gameplay that frankly it's a boring platforming game with Sonic characters than a Sonic Game. Terrible and unfunny dialogue also weigh it down heavily as well.

COD Ghosts: You think playing Ghosts on a console was bad, try playing it on a PC where your FOV is set so low that my dad nearly threw up for the motion sickness he received playing it because the FOV was set for a big screen TV rather than for a much smaller monitor. To make matters worse, Infinity Wards refusal to fix it till later, a bland and tired story and multiplayer leaves plenty of reason why COD jumped to a near future setting started by Treyarch with BO2.

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy: The amount of lore that it wrecked because it wanted to make Anakin into a Jedi version of jesus is plenty evidenced in Mr. Plinketts vids. 

Star Trek V: Final Frontier: William Shatner turns his character into a mary sue while shitting on everything on the franchise. Alot of people don't realize just how bad this film is and how it almost destroyed the Star Trek franchise. To know more, check SFDebris's review on it.

MLP 3.5 Generation: When the official animation is making Dusk's Dawn look good, you have plenty of problems to say the least.

Paper Mario Sticker Stars: When you remove alot of the stuff that made Paper Mario famed (RPG combat and leveling up), you also have tons of reasons why this is the worst in the franchise bar none.

Doom movie: Or as I like to call it, Resident Evil on Mars for turning the whole Doom plot from a demonic invasion and you the lone surviving marine must find better weapons to survive and wade through the unimaginable horrors to a squad based action flick with the demons being turned into super mutants experiment gone wrong.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have two words that I've never said in succession for years: Halo Four.

I wanted to give 343 industries a decent try, I really did, but this thing ruined the franchise for me and I'm not looking forward to Halo five. The story line was absolute disorganized shit with no artistic vision, and the multiplayer system was a call of duty rip off. Why the f**k would you rip off call of duty? Call of duty is shit! You took the franchise that revolutionized online gaming and made a sequal that rips off the franchise that ruined online gaming?

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

Should we discuss Metroid Prime: Federation Force or give it the benefit of the doubt and wait for release? I mean, it has a rating ratio of 6k up :58k down on Nintendo's channel.

Pokémon  The 1st movies (IDK if there were any others, I quit watching them)  As an adult I rate kid movies on 2 criteria

1)How old a kid are we talking about?  For these, a retarded 6 year old.  They are too old for Barney, they are too old for this.

2)How many times can I watch this before my head explodes?  Once -if you are drunk.  Don't try this sober.

Digimon  The 3rd season sucked

James Bond  Haven't seen them all, but The Man With The Golden Gun defined lame

Star Trek Movies For decades, the even # movies were WAY better than the odd # ones.  IDKY, it just worked that way, III & V were especially bad.

• Brohoof 1

Should we discuss Metroid Prime: Federation Force or give it the benefit of the doubt and wait for release? I mean, it has a rating ratio of 6k up :58k down on Nintendo's channel.

Until we get the final product to judge it fairly, I do not believe so.

The Total Drama series. Yeah, the comedy can be bland or predictable, but that theme song just forces me to wear my nostalgia shades.

Yaaas. TDI was good, TDA was meh, and TDTW was pathetic and weird. It eventually got boring as the seasons went on. Also I hated how DJ got voted off from that one episode on TDI when Chef pretended to be Jason (or an alternative, but you know, copyrights n shit,) and started chasing people around. I knew it was going to be him because he's very delicate and sensitive. ;w; It made me upset and I actually got teary when he got kicked off.