Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Change something about an episode your dislike to make it good

Manman20x6

(edited)

One Bad Apple: Don't let Babs Seed off the hook. Have Applejack punish Babs for her bad behavior or have Babs try to make it up to the CMC's in some way.

This is pretty much the reason why I hated Babs Seed with a fiery passion when I was 11 years old. It really didn't help I wasn't a forgiving person. Seriously, she would need at least a small punishment like doing extra chores or make Babs do something in the ending like repair or fix the float the CMC made to make it up for them and end the episode with all 4 of them riding the float. Her bullying was far, far worse and more psychical than both Diamond Tiara's and Sliver Spoon's combined!

I actually BADLY WANTED Babs to fall in the mud instead of the CMC. I don't hate her anymore like that but I still believe she could have gotten any punishment at all or have her make it up for the CMC.

Hearts & Hooves Day

Maybe the only change I'd do is make Big Mac and Cheerlie a more believable shipping. Many people complain that the CMC just randomly put the two of them together out of the blue and they only fell in love because of the love potion. I would change it like leave CheeriMac shippers some actual moments between Mac and Cheerlie when they didn't drank the potion to leave some possibility between them for the shippers but not make them cannon to leave for the shipper's and audience's imagination and for creative stuff. Like fan fiction or whatever. At least give them some chemistry without making it full length cannon.

Also, maybe remove the sappy love talk they do. I have no problem with it, but that's the problem with this episode everyone hates so much. I like it because it actually works as a gag for this episode and for a joke. It works so well that it's funny and that's it's good. But if I were to remove it, it would be only because so much people have a problem with it.

Magical Mystery Cure

Changes:

-Make more episodes before this one and save this episode for a season finale so season 3 isn't so short and the most boring season.

-Make all the other episodes before this one FORESHADOW Twilight more of becoming a alicorn.

-Don't make the whole thing into a full-length musical. All the songs are good, don't get me wrong. But due to this, it's a pretty short episode. I would still keep every song however but not play them right after another one is finished or a short scene with no singing.

-Make the episode longer and the non-song parts more interesting and longer as well. Due to how short of a musical and episode it is, the episode isn't in much ways very impacting of Twilight being a alicorn.

I believe the episode was called "Power Ponies". If not, forgive me, my memory is failing me! I know that My Little Pony is a show for children as well, but man, was that episode so...un-dark (how technical of a term!) and anti-climatic for an episode revolving around an alternate universe which contains superheroes. Even the ponies themselves...their powers, in my opinion, were a sort of...let down.

If I were in charge of that episode, I would have made the Power Ponies and Mane-Iac more...cool, and I would have made things more climatic and...a bit more dark!

I completely agree. The whole episode felt cliched. The typical setup of a alternate universe where the main characters are suddenly superheroes and have random powers... Been there, done that! And the cliche internal conflict of being the sidekick who barely does anything. Yeah yeah, Robin ditched Batman because of that. We've seen that way long before. The "climax" was too predictable that it was super uncanny. Also, Fluttershy being angry over the fly getting injured... I just felt it was super stupid. Sure, it's KINDA in Fluttershy's character like in DragonShy (though DragonShy is much better, mind you.) But it felt stupid too.

A change I would make for that, to stay on topic as well, is that I'd make the Maneiac injury the Mane Six instead of the fly and make Fluttershy start off as the same level of anger as in DragonShy but she becomes more and more angry to the point she becomes FlutterHulk. It would have worked better in my opinion and keep her in better character.

Speaking of the Maneiac. Her character design is cool and she seems interesting a bit and all, but other than that, she was kinda a "meh" character.

As for the ponies' powers, I do quite agree. Though they're kinda funny references. XD

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/448460075371745278/

Rainbow Fall: the main problem of that episode is how they portray Splitfire as villain. They just need to make Splitfire a sympathic leader who want their hometown win not some typical competitive assholes.

Inspiration Manifestation: They need to make Rarity aware what she did not to be totally controlled by the book (like enhancing her creative to extreme but not control her) so that Rarity can face her mistakes and learn (cuz the only one learned in that episode is Spike not Rarity)

Agreed with all of these. Nothing I can say about these episodes now.

Magic Duel, arguably my least favorite episode. Firstly thing I'd get rid of is the dependence on Twilight, having Rarity be the one to beat Trixie, in a similar way (cause Celestia knows Rarity could have used an episode in Season 3) and secondly, I'd either make it more serious to fit in with the coloring and visual tone of the episode or lose the coloring and totalitarian imagery and make Trixie balls to the wall crazy.

Although Twilight is considered the main character and all and SHE is the one Trixie considers her rival so Trixie would rather seek revenge on Twilight and forcing the plot having to dependent on Twilight, I prefer your idea. Could have been interetsting to see Rarity stand up for Twilight and finding herself having to duel with Trixie. Not to mention good character development for Rarity.

Rarity Takes Manehattan:

NOT make Rarity get very angry at her friends and not push them to helping with designing the outfits. All that did was bring hate to Rarity from the fandom. :/

Instead have Rarity design the outfits herself and have Rarity insist the other Mane Six that she's doing fine and can make it all by herself. She doesn't want to be rude to her friends or let her generosity get the best of her so she plans to do the outfits herself rather than generally accepting her friends' help.

That Rarity wants to win fair and square and confirm that she doesn't want her friends to worry about her and that she'll be fine. Then Coco Pommel comes and offers help. But Rarity insists but Coco in secret goes to Suri Polomare and does something to Suri's outfits.

(Preferable she destorys that B-words's outfits and then straight up go up to her saying that she quits and Suri is covered in coffee in shock from Coco quitting just standing there dumbstruck like this awesome picture:

i_quit__by_muffinshire-d7103d6.png)

And/OR then Rarity in the end decides to quit designing the outfits and sleeps, tomorrow morning she will tell the judges she'll quit and the Mane Six by surprise finish all her outfits for her and making the outfits ACTUALLY look like amazing stunning outfits rather than how they looked in the actual episode with the hotel items like the soap or whatever. Seriously, they looked pretty silly on the pony models so I'd rather they wear something actually stunning.

Spike At Your Service:

Have the ending be like this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_x7PJi2mZ0

Edited by GoldKingdomKeyblade

Guilty. :lol:  I see her as more than a plot device, so it frustrates me when the writers seemingly pay no attention to her character and stick her in situations where she doesn't belong. Which is, sadly, a lot; she could written out of pretty much every one of her episodes, save Call of the Cutie and maybe Family Appreciation day, and we really wouldn't lose much to her character or the story overall.

Actually, since we're suggesting re-writes, I would've made it so that it was Diamond Tiara's dream sequence we saw at the end of Bloom and Gloom instead of the other two CMC. It would have interesting if we looked into her dreams and found out that some of Diamond Tiara's problems come from insecurities about her own cutie mark, and it may have set up room for character development in the future.

(edited)

Ponyville Confidential- Princess Celestia's guards show up to arrest Featherweight and Diamond Tiara for crimes of espionage against the kingdom. They were sentenced to five years in Tardis.

Pinkie Apple Pie- Pinky Pie talks about that she might be part of the Appleloosa family. Applejack goes on to remind her that all her closest friends are already members of the Appleloosa family. Then Pinkie Pie goes her merry way to chase a balloon or something. Applejack and her family go on a more daring action pack adventure with Rainbow Dash by their side. ****, yeah! B)

Edited by Singe

Ponyville Confidential- Princess Celestia's guards show up to arrest Featherweight and Diamond Tiara for crimes of espionage against the kingdom. They were sentenced to five years in Tardis.

Is that a typo? Please tell me that's not a typo. :lol:

(edited)

Power Ponies: Get rid of the whole Flutterhulk component and replace it with a more sensible superpower such as mind control (e.g control animals) or if that isn't possible get the original Saddle Rager from the MLP comics to play that role and have Fluttershy team up with her. Sure it might create a paradox but it sure beats having to watch that cringeworthy hulking scene!

Appleoosa’s Most Wanted: Let the episode live up to it's name sake and let Troubleshoes be the villain as advertised and not throw curveballs making him the good guy. If you promote a character as a villain, then let it play out that way. Don't change the story mid way through the episode. Also toss the whole CMC punishment business at the end of the episode in the bin.

Slice of Life: Yes I know, even though this episode hasn't aired yet I'm not happy with how it's being done being the 100th episode and all. For starters, scrap the dual story idea, background character fanservice and turn down the hype for the episode to sensible levels. Don't oversaturate hyping the episode to the point that people get sick and tired to the point that they are going to not watch it. There is no need to rub it into people's faces everytime a preview clip or teaser image has been released.

For the episode itself, I don't have a clue on how to go about improving it but I would have a reflection based episode with the Mane 6 + background ponies in a studio audience style talking about their time in Ponyville and also show some select highlights from seasons past. You would still get your background characters having a say in a vocal role and at the same time making the fans happy without getting people offside.

Edited by rjrgmc28
  • Brohoof 1