Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is a vector graphic? (what a vector graphic actually is)

FLARE

Well it's still vectoring so its not really an alternative to vectoring. The alternative to vector is raster.

But that's what it is. (I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear about this before) It's using raster graphics to emulate the style and technique of vector art.

(edited)

But that's what it is. (I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear about this before) It's using raster graphics to emulate the style and technique of vector art.

Incorrect, There is path involved which is scale able. Usually when someone is referring to something as "vector" it is the process used, not the final product. In this case, vexeling still has a path that can be scaled as a traditional vector, the only difference is that your filling it with raster techniques as appose to just bringing in the finished vector and rastering it.

PS: Photoshop can do vector art, it just sucks at it :]

Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 1

Incorrect, There is path involved which is scale able. Usually when someone is referring to something as "vector" it is the process used, not the final product. In this case, vexeling still has a path that can be scaled as a traditional vector, the only difference is that your filling it with raster techniques as appose to just bringing in the finished vector and rastering it.

PS: Photoshop can do vector art, it just sucks at it :]

Fair enough.
  • Brohoof 1

Sure. Here's the difference:

Normal art:

Posted Image

"Failed" Vector art: Posted Image

Do you have a version of it in SVG? attach it! That way I will be able to open it and check if you accidentally changed any settings. Does this happen with every thing you try to vector? Also if all else fails...maybe you should reinstall it.

Do you have a version of it in SVG? attach it! That way I will be able to open it and check if you accidentally changed any settings. Does this happen with every thing you try to vector? Also if all else fails...maybe you should reinstall it.

Well, not really, but when I try to use Path and used Trace Bitmap, I guess this is how it ended up on the second picture. And yes, I do have a version of Inkscape in SVG and opened it under the SVG file. The only problem is that I'm still having trouble turning it into vector art, which results the same thing from the second image I showed you.