MLP:FiM needs an "Evil Realm"

Jammo

(edited)

I was thinking about this for a while, but there is no "Evil Land" shown explicitly in My Little Pony, at least in show canon.  Chrysalis home was in the comics though not explored in the show, Tirek came from some unknown desolate badlands, which could just be a hostile environment, not a corrupt one.  Tartarus is more a prison dimension rather than a land "Ruled by Evil".  Who's with me, we need a true evil empire.  Crystal Empire doesn't count...  I'm talking a realm that eats, sleeps and breathes negativity.

To me the best way to do it would be to use Grogar.  I'm not super versed in G1 but didn't he rule a broken land called Tambelon?

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hmm... perhaps. I'm not sure... I like to see everyone has shades of grey in general? Black and white morality can be rather boring. 

Though, it would be cool for the canon ponies to meet evil counterparts of themselves. 

If you want to see evil ponies than look no further than fan fiction. (well some fan fiction) Where the characters you know and love get butchered and are turned into twisted monstrous parodies of themselves. 

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah I know it's cliche, the show writers are creative enough to put a good a spin on it.  Like what if most of the people living here, are more ambiguous than your typical "Evil Empire".  Like the citizens know what they are told, do it, but don't "feel" it.  So it could be a smart discussion of nature vs nurture and how environment can bend ponies who are pure at heart to the point they are unsure if what they are doing is right or wrong.  "Just normal"  I've heard people suggest this would work as a changeling story though.  One breaks away from the hive and learns friendship and has to cope with their lifelong ideas being "wrong".

• Brohoof 1

Actually it would've been awesome to have the Crystal Empire as an evil empire ruled by Sombra during the show rather than it just appearing out of the darkness and Sombra returning. An oppressed people and a dark army would've been cool to see be dealt with over the course of a season.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The changlings also have a kingdom somewhere which they're apparently liched all the love energy from. Its shown in the comics but only referenced in the show by chrsyallis during her gloating XD

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

I think the Everfree forest is supposed to represent an evil place, seeing that the Timberwolves, Shadow Bolts, etc. live there, but it would be cool to have another place that "breathed negativity."

(edited)

They have dragons and can do an evil dragon that rules a land through its tyranny. Add some reason it's magical and more powerful than the normal dragon.

Edited by Singe

A good way to introduce an evil empire is an episode where Princess Celestia holds a conference like the G7 or G8. We get introduced more to all of the world leaders.

• Brohoof 1

I think the Everfree forest is supposed to represent an evil place, seeing that the Timberwolves, Shadow Bolts, etc. live there, but it would be cool to have another place that "breathed negativity."

Everfree isn't evil, just dangerous and untamed.

And the Shadow Bolts don't exist. They were just constructs created by Nightmare Moon to try and temp Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 1

Evil has often been a difficult thing to comprehend for humans, or any race for that matter. Evil very rarely comes in it's most purest form, which is complete apathy. Only once had I ever seen any creature that had achieved sentience, yet showed no emotion. Unverwüstlich Wildschwein, or the Impenetrable Boar. The only one of it's kind, all it did was kill, and attempting to kill it was only met with frustration and death. The closest thing you could ever have to a place that is pure evil is a desert of some sort where no creature could survive.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

In G1, Grogar indeed rules over an empire of shadows - while I find "evil realms" a bit cliché, it would be great to see that badass necroramcer return for G4.

Edited by ~ Dr. Ocsid ~

Idea: We already have pun-named lands like Saddle Arabia and Prance. So, make the Empire of Germaney, land of the horses. The Emperor of Germaney is out to exterminate ponies for their inferior size and stockiness, seeking to preserve the purity of the species.

"Trotzis. I hate these guys." - Daring Do

...Sorry if I offended anyone there. I realize that was probably in poor taste; I just reeeaaallly wanted to make that reference.

The closest thing you could ever have to a place that is pure evil is a desert of some sort where no creature could survive.

That would be death valley, apparently not even microbes can live there its so hot. 

Not completely evil then, otherwise it would be too cliché indeed.

Aww, so no dark lands to the east, riddled with fire, ash and dust, where the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume, with a great, ever-watching eye, lidless, wreathed in flame?

But I agree, though.  Ambiguity would make this idea more interesting in a show like this.

I also think it would be cool to just do an alternate evil universe episode, a la:

• Brohoof 1

The Everfree forest is the closest thing we have I guess, although as others have said, it's more like Dangerous than *Evil*. I imagine Celestia and Luna exterminated any kind of "Mordor" type land (or converted it) in the thousands of years of rule.