Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the leader of the fandom?

JamesBobbyDReed

(edited)

arent we going to be a cult instead of fandom if we started having great eternal glorious leaders?

and oh ive always thought tara strong is the queen

Edited by Alto
  • Brohoof 1

There is no leader. We are a hive mind. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

In all seriousness, I don´t think this fandom has or needs a leader. Everyone has other things within the fandom they enjoy. Some like drawn art, some like fanfics, others focus on music... There are a lot of different types of fan within this community and I don´t think any one person could and should lead them.

Who's the leader of the band that's made for you and me! M-I-C! K-E-Y! M-O-U-S- er, wrong fandom.

Anyway, there really isn't one. Nobody ever stood up to figurehead us.

Why does there have to be? Can't everybody do their own thing and let the fandom be a thing that everybody is the leader of, allowing them to be the leader of their own thing. Perhaps the fandom is a piggy bank and nobody owns the piggy bank, but people can take and give what they want?

(edited)

i feel like the """leader""" would be whoever attracts the most attention to the fandom. at least, from the outside.

maybe Ziggy and Angelbaby x3

Very well; I accept.  I will be a leader to all Broners.  Which brings me to my first action as the undisputed Broner leader: I hereby change the term "Brony" to "Broner."  Any who openly resist this change will be forced to watch gen 3.5, nonstop, for one week and a day.  Unless they're a fan of gen 3.5, in which case it will be tossed down a hole and expected to rub the lotion on its skin.  Any who don't get that reference will be forced to listen to Spike's impromptu version of the Cloudsdale anthem, played backwards, forty times.  And then tossed down a hole and expected to rub the lotion on its skin.  I hereby change the title "Pegasister" to "Lady Broners."  If anyone doesn't like this change...  That's understandable.

From here on out, stallions may only be shipped with either Braeburn or that delightful and flamboyant mustachioed sea serpent I don't know the name of.  Flash Sentry's name will be changed permanently to Flesh Pantry.  Grimdork will be forbidden!  Unless it involves only Flesh Pantry and his evil twin Trash Gentry.

Every fandom-created OC will be an alicorn, and every alicorn OC will have a cracked or broken horn.  They will each have a dark past, amnesia, and a final shot at redemption.  They will all have vaguely Japanese-sounding names that actually translate to the names of kitchen appliances.

All Muffins will be required to send me a Rainbow Dash brushable on my birthday.  Parasprites and Birds and Cupcakes may simply wish me a happy birthday.  Pegasuses have to apologize for being a rank above me.

Pegasuses is now a word.

No one can have any pudding if they don't eat their meat!

Everyone will be expected to post in the Swimsuit Ponies and Pudgy Pony Bellies fan clubs on a regular basis.

No one is allowed to PM me to ask who my favorite pony is.

I will continue to not care what Lauren Faust thinks.  Unless, of course, something she said helps me win an argument on the forums.

Starswirl the Bearded will be renamed Starsquirm the Beergut.  And Broners will pretend as though there is a "big ball of lame" caught in their throats whenever his name is uttered.

Derpy will be made the seventh member of the Mane Seven.  Shortly thereafter, Granny Smith will be made the eighth member of the Mane Eight.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 7

Although Derpy is the figure head, the one behind the scenes controlling everything is Lyra. Between the two of them, it explains why this fandom is so quirky.

DERP!

Bronydom is not a "social movement". It is simply a bunch of people who like a TV show. They like getting together to hang out, developing wonderful works of expression prompted by the show, and sometimes assembling together to do awsome things. A work of "fiction", MLP:FiM, has prompted responses in many forms, be it life changes or paintings, social openness or music, forums or stories. Ah, the fanfics are great. But I digress.

Because "bronies" are only people who like MLP, you can't really have a leader. You can have a leader of this forums, if you so wanted. But you can't "lead" bronydom, because bronydom isn't a movement. Leading figures, yes. Celebrity worship, maybe. But not a true leader in the sense that he/she has real power. While sections of bronydom may have a leader to spearhead efforts, in the whole, you can't lead bronydom. One, this isn't a movement but rather a group of people united not by leaders but by interests, and two, we are too independant.

But, if I had to pick a leader, I'd say you should nominate a knight, since they are known for leadership. No, I don't have any single knight in mind.

• Brohoof 1

file_197057_0_mrt1.jpg

I pitty the fool who tries to lead a whole fandom 

Mr. T is merely gesturing towards the individual he deems most capable of leading all Broners.  And he is clearly pointing at me.

I'd like to thank Mr. T for his endorsement.  Also, for his delicious (long retired) breakfast cereal that I admittedly never ate.  This should finally bring over A-Team fans to my side.

• Brohoof 1

Mr. T is merely gesturing towards the individual he deems most capable of leading all Broners.  And he is clearly pointing at me.

I'd like to thank Mr. T for his endorsement.  Also, for his delicious (long retired) breakfast cereal that I admittedly never ate.  This should finally bring over A-Team fans to my side.

My last name is the same as one of the main characters of the A-Team. I think I got you beat.

(edited)

I vomit a little in my mouth at the very thought of there being a leader of this or any other fandom.

I vote Knight Hadron for leader.

Senpai, you officially have vomit flying at you. I hope it tastes good.

Edit: Don't let vomit stop you from voting for me, however.

Edited by Knight Hadron

I didn't think we had a leader. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

sig-3846701.Grail_being_repressed_small.

Perhaps we should be a narcocynicallist commune, where we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the fandom. But all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at bi-weekly meetings, by a civil majority purely in the case of internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major affairs.

(If there's a permanent leader, Or maybe even a dictator, I may feel as though I'm being... Repressed ;_; )

Please help me, I can't believe I just made this joke

This movie was hilarious and I love you now for making that reference. Acting in that show was even better and my part, was Galahad/Dennis, and that was my line.