Can you handle spicy food?

TOMahwk

144 users have voted

1. 1. Can you handle spicy food?

• Yes
    • Nope

I cant handle spicy foods.

And i honestly don't like them neither.

Its just irritating having to worry about the flaming lava in your mouth.

Instead of just enjoying the food overall.

The only spicy food i can eat is Hot Cheetos, that's just about it.

Edited by KToadstool

I can tolerate spicy food.  I always have some Sriracha in my apartment, just in case.  I also usually go for the spiciest option at restaurants.  One day I hope to build up to native hot at Thai restaurants, but I hear its pretty intense.  Even one of my Thai friends can't handle native hot.   

I can handle spicy food in moderation.It can really add to dish, but don't destroy your meal by having too much in it.  Although, if you have a higher tolerance to spices that's okay. Except, the fact that it's not a contest to see who can excrete the most sweat on top of their heads. 

Lastly, a small story about moi~ 

When I was in high school, I had been asked by my troll friend to swallow a spoon full of hot sauce. I was up for the challenge, and ready to go. I stared at the malicious sauce and thought to myself it'll just be spicy for a few minutes.  I was bit worried and hesitant before taking it. I had gulped it down with no fear. I awaited my bodies reaction. My throat, burning. Stomach, burning. Everything, burning. It was horrible! I felt like I had just embodied a volcano. I tried getting some sort of liquid to cleanse the burning within my throat. My friends were slow to act and didn't get me water as they were troubled with their laughter. It had been a good 5-10 minutes before one of my friends went inside their house to bring me water. I felt paralyzed, drooling mindlessly out of my mouth, with a ever lasting burn withing my digestive system. I had to wait an hour before my body could function well; without the thought of my body being on fire. I had claimed the $5 I had been promised for committing myself to the challenge. I told myself, "Never again."

Sauce

da-bomb-beyond-insanity-hot-sauce_1_std.

Apparently ranked 3rd's hottest hot sauce.

I am the local king of spicy foods.  I've taken on every spicy thing I've seen and tried it.  I put saracha on everything, (and sometimes swig it) I've taken on habaneros and even ghost chilis.  No problem for me.  I take it on and I got used to the burning.  Would have even been the victor of a ghost chili hot wing challenge if the wings weren't so old. 

However, I may have found my true nemesis.

pickled-hot-peppers.jpg

These middle eastern born delights, usually sold in a jar, pickled under the simple name "Pickled Hot Peppers," have caused me the most suffering out of any spicy food.  The burn of the Habanero is strong, and the ghost chili, also powerful, but I kept it down without much trouble.  Yet when I tried eating ten of these in rapid succession, it led to the worst case of indigestion I ever had.  And the burn was frightfully painful.  Not much of a "burn" as it was just pain.  Like I had bitten off my tongue. 

Strangely, I noticed this pepper for it's spicyness, as usually, my entire face and body go completely numb when dealing with anything more hot, so this is the limit of heat where my nerves are still active and SCREAMING in pain.  It is not pleasant. (But they taste so good...  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to eat one.)

I've had a Habañero before. Twice actually. It was horrible. This was before I learned about milk, so I'd just drink glasses of water, which did absolutely nothing. I actually started chewing cinnamon gum, which sorta counterbalanced the heat.

Overall, I like spicy food, but nothing extremely extreme.

Edited by Link

I thrive on spicy foods, I suck down hot sauce like most people go through water. Okay maybe not that much but I do like spicy food and hot sauce and mustard are my favorite condiments.

The least spicy thing I've ever eaten is a pepperoni pizza. And it figured, because the juice would always drip out without me knowing. The spicest however, had to be a jalapeno pizza. I swear there were burn marks on my tongue for the next 2 weeks :(

Note to self: never EVER eat jalapenos again

I can handle spicy, but that doesn't mean I prefer it. When the heat is more important that the flavor, then I bow out. I find a lot of 'hot' food, if you ignore the heat itself, has all the taste of slightly soggy cardboard and unflavored gelatin.

Mind you, my sense of taste is a bit dull. I honestly can't taste lobster and other very subtle flavors, so if the flavor is supposed to be subtle under the heat, I'm going to miss it.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly thought about doing that challenge once, but never did it.  I'm honestly a wimp when it comes to spicy food.  I can handle a little though.

Love it.  I tend to put hot sauce on most things.  There is a variety of sriracha or tabasco for almost any situation.  Pretty regularly when I go to a Thai place or an authentic Chinese place my server warns me about how hot the curry is or when I order something like Jom Bong because they see a pale dude and think I'm gonna die.  I tend to order the hottest stuff and am often doubted by the staff.  Even at regular wing places.  I must look like a total pansy or something.

I can handle most spicy foods up to the raw jalapenjo peppers. I am also a beast at eating chips and salsa. However I still have a hard time handleing the habenjero pepper. But I did survive eating some extract of ghost chilly which is far more powerful so im not sure. But im gonna chalk downa yes to likeing hot sauce in everything.

I took the habanero challenge. I ate 3 in under 60 seconds which was a mistake since the juice and seeds were super hot and spicy. I didn't cry but my sinuses were clear the rest of the day. Spicy food does not phase me none. I usually eat spicy curry whenever i have some rice laying around.

I can handle most spicy foods up to the raw jalapenjo peppers. I am also a beast at eating chips and salsa. However I still have a hard time handleing the habenjero pepper. But I did survive eating some extract of ghost chilly which is far more powerful so im not sure. But im gonna chalk downa yes to likeing hot sauce in everything.

Someone with a Hetalia avatar is a wuss WHO KNEW!?

Of course I'm just horsin' around with ya, but it sounds like you like regular foods not spicy ones.

Also I love Hetalia.

Ahh! Just thinking about spice makes my tongue burn!

I can choke down a Jalepeno pepper, but that's about the max tongue.png

Haha, call me what you will, but I'm not Indian and I can't handle the spice!

Anyway, this reminds me of the cinnamon challenge? Anyone take that one yet?

Someone with a Hetalia avatar is a wuss WHO KNEW!?

Of course I'm just horsin' around with ya, but it sounds like you like regular foods not spicy ones.

Also I love Hetalia.

I can handle most spicy foods. I mean I cannot eat a whole ghost chilie with out regretting the pain. But I can out eat most so called spicy foods at resturaunts. I mean volcano nachos,arrabiata sauce, jalapeno burgers can handle them. to be honest I never ate something super super spicy cept for wing stop atomic wings I hat to stop at three wings lol. 

Growing up, my dad would cook all kinds of Thai curries, so you could say that I've developed a taste for spice.

A couple of months ago I was eating chili in a restaurant with a friend and they said that they couldn't eat it because it was too spicy.  I did a double take, since I hardly detected any spice in it at all.  I even took a bit out of their bowl, just to be fair, and I would have called it, at most, a 3/10 on the spice scale.

Edited by Pony Joe

I can handle most spicy foods. I mean I cannot eat a whole ghost chilie with out regretting the pain. But I can out eat most so called spicy foods at resturaunts. I mean volcano nachos,arrabiata sauce, jalapeno burgers can handle them. to be honest I never ate something super super spicy cept for wing stop atomic wings I hat to stop at three wings lol. 

There are like 100 levels between taco bell volcano sauce and red robin jalapeno burgers and some authentic thai curry.  Also Wing Stop is terrible and I think they put antifreeze on their atomic wings because to me they just taste like tingling.

Eat some authentic spicy foods like real Mexican or some Iranian food (WHOOOOEEEE HOT!) or some good Portuguese (I grew up on this) authentic Indian and Thai, some Chinese is super hot. Stay away from corporate restaurant hot stuff, all it does is give you the runs! img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

I went to Tijuana flats, they had a sauce called Smack my Plot (it's ass, but I like plot better.) and call me aunt Sally. I tried some, wasnt that bad. Tried some fire sauce from Taco Bell. Wasn't that bad. I enjoyed the video.

There are like 100 levels between taco bell volcano sauce and red robin jalapeno burgers and some authentic thai curry.  Also Wing Stop is terrible and I think they put antifreeze on their atomic wings because to me they just taste like tingling.

Eat some authentic spicy foods like real Mexican or some Iranian food (WHOOOOEEEE HOT!) or some good Portuguese (I grew up on this) authentic Indian and Thai, some Chinese is super hot. Stay away from corporate restaurant hot stuff, all it does is give you the runs! img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Never noticed the anti freeze taste in my hotwings at wingstop. But then again I live next to where the original location was founded. As for the runs part I understand that logic quite well and even discord would agree to not eat taco bells spicy food. Ive had real maxican food never gotten the spicy food yet. I always seem to eat tamales or some sort of fish dish is the reason why I guess.

Never noticed the anti freeze taste in my hotwings at wingstop. But then again I live next to where the original location was founded. As for the runs part I understand that logic quite well and even discord would agree to not eat taco bells spicy food. Ive had real maxican food never gotten the spicy food yet. I always seem to eat tamales or some sort of fish dish is the reason why I guess.

Alright you had to allude to fish tacos and now I'm all hungry!  I'm going to have to have something hot and seafood for dinner because of this thread and I think I'm going to make a baked poblano tilapia with some cholua soaked spanish rice.

• Brohoof 1