If you had to be an equestrian race on earth -- what would you choose

silvadel

You become an equestrian stuck on earth, what race?  

64 users have voted

1. 1. If you were to be changed into an equestrian, but stuck on earth, what common race would you choose?

• Unicorn -- but of course you don't have any books on magic to help.
    • Pegasus
    • Earth Pony
    • Saddle Arabian
    • Griffon
    • Changeling -- Love is your food source
    • Dragon -- You need to eat Gems, control greed.
    • Diamond Dog -- fast burrowing
    • Minotaur -- Strong and similar
    • Breezie
    • Zebra
    • Donkey

In my Opinion,they have the same strength

Give me a video of a horse pulling a house. If you say it's the magic of love, then get a picture of an aroused horse pulling a house! Can 4 real life ponies pull an 8 car train? I don't think that was from love. 

Also, if they have the same strength as real ponies, then Unicorns or Pegasi would be much weaker.

Earth Ponies are stronger than normal ponies, and saying they aren't is basically saying they aren't that great, so being an earth pony would be a bad idea. 

• Brohoof 1

a fire breathing dragon

then ill go burn down villages mwuhahahahahaha *cough*

till the villagers get torches and pitchforks to hunt me down :blink:

(edited)

If I had a "safenet"  (either from other ponies or trough decent humans giving me protection, civil rights and basic resources); then I will be a unicorn. Even if will take me years to learn to float a spoon in the air, the promise of magic will give me a reason to not being "as usefull as possible" in the meantime.

But since the conditions is just "on Earth" (no other usefull data available on the O.P. ; appart of having to "learn by myself"); then I suppose it would be like in the "Four Score" fanfics; were I will be alone and getting myself hidden and independent as posible.

That is the reason I voted for "Pegasus"; because the pasive ability for controling and molding clouds (more than actually "flying fast"; just "hovering" and "falling slow" will suffice);  will give me the chance of remain undetected in an unconspicuous "mobile base"; moved by the wind most of the time.

I will carry with me as much as posible in saddlebags; (only going down_to_earth for food resupplies, as there is plenty of water and solar energy in my "house" for my basic needs).

As another extra bonus, since I am not always in the same place (rarely over cities); it lowers the chance of being found by accident by some curious human (while still getting in touch with others and use the Internet with a big tablet or smartphone attached to my forelegs).

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 1

If I had to be stuck on Earth...I think...Griffon.  Dexterity + flight.  And really, speaking generally across all fantasy and fiction, griffons are some of the most awesome creatures.  The griffons on FIM are kinda the coolest race, imo.  Not that I'd want them to be the dominant characters, and the ponies are obviously much cuter, but the griffons are cooler.

The thing that really surprises me actually is that nobody has chosen diamond dog, or minotaur.  I mean both can do anything a human can do really do except that a diamond dog can run faster and burrow faster than dedicated industrial equipment, and minotaurs have tremendous strength.

If I had a "safenet"  (either from other ponies or trough decent humans giving me protection, civil rights and basic resources); then I will be a unicorn. Even if will take me years to learn to float a spoon in the air, the promise of magic will give me a reason to not being "as usefull as possible" in the meantime.

But since the conditions is just "on Earth" (no other usefull data available on the O.P. ; appart of having to "learn by myself"); then I suppose it would be like in the "Four Score" fanfics; were I will be alone and getting myself hidden and independent as posible.

That is the reason I voted for "Pegasus"; because the pasive ability for controling and molding clouds (more than actually "flying fast"; just "hovering" and "falling slow" will suffice);  will give me the chance of remain undetected in an unconspicuous "mobile base"; moved by the wind most of the time.

I will carry with me as much as posible in saddlebags; (only going down_to_earth for food resupplies, as there is plenty of water and solar energy in my "house" for my basic needs).

As another extra bonus, since I am not always in the same place (rarely over cities); it lowers the chance of being found by accident by some curious human (while still getting in touch with others and use the Internet with a big tablet or smartphone attached to my forelegs).

Very well thought out. Brohoof

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Pegasus, i'd love to be able to fly and have the freedom. I'd also definitely want to join some sort of academy (Like wonderbolts academy)

Earth Pony. Hulk-Like strength and stamina, Poison Ivy level horticultural powers.

It is a good choice if you want to live by yourself in a secluded place (and posibly, helping others in a similar situation); without the need to interact with human society.

Pegasi will have to "hide in clouds" and steal food and other resources in order to live in freedom.

Unicorns (without mastery on magic) will have depend of others (ponies or humans); making their future uncertain in the short term.

What if you awoke and found yourself as Rarity and realized that you had been all along, and that your hooman life was merely Rarity-you's nightmare/dream?

Jus' askin' ;)

Maybe the fake life would be Rarity dreaming of a world where clothes were mandatory. I mean her business would be booming if that became a thing in ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

It is a good choice if you want to live by yourself in a secluded place (and posibly, helping others in a similar situation); without the need to interact with human society.

Pegasi will have to "hide in clouds" and steal food and other resources in order to live in freedom.

Unicorns (without mastery on magic) will have depend of others (ponies or humans); making their future uncertain in the short term.

Definitely the helping others in a similar situation.

• Brohoof 1