Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

will spike ever grow wings?

silvermane

Once he discovers the true nature of being a dragon he will fly with wings

You seem quite sure, I hope you're right! I just think it would make for a pretty good episode if he were to finally grow wings! :)

I hope he doesn't ever get wings in the series. I just think it would ruin his image.

But If he did have wings, would he know how to fly? Is it like an automatic thing? Dragons just know this or do they need a parent or a teacher?

You seem quite sure, I hope you're right! I just think it would make for a pretty good episode if he were to finally grow wings! :)

I don't really know maybe if he finds himself he will get wings that will be cool to see him with wings

During this episode: http://mlp.wikia.com...et_of_My_Excess Spike matures very quickly due to his greed, but he still has a lack of wings. From this episode I assume he will never grow wings.

true but in the episode dragon quest all the other dragons had wings and there hasn't been any other dragons shown to not have wings, so i'm assuming from that episode that since he grew so quickly he just didnt get wings.

I hope he doesn't ever get wings in the series. I just think it would ruin his image.

But If he did have wings, would he know how to fly? Is it like an automatic thing? Dragons just know this or do they need a parent or a teacher?

I think those are some very good points that could make for an intriguing episode and i wouldn't really think it would ruin his image too much :huh:

My theory?

Just like there are diffrent kinds of ponies, there are diffrent kinds of dragons.

Spike is an earth dragon.

All other dragons seen so far are flying dragons.

There may very well be magic dragons, or even a dragon king wich has all three, like alicorns.

• Brohoof 1

My theory?

Just like there are diffrent kinds of ponies, there are diffrent kinds of dragons.

Spike is an earth dragon.

All other dragons seen so far are flying dragons.

There may very well be magic dragons, or even a dragon king wich has all three, like alicorns.

Thats just what I was thinking. Spike could be a different kind of Dragon, like the different kind of ponies.

Once he discovers the true nature of being a dragon he will fly with wings

Almost like the dragon version of a cutie mark?

Once a dragon discovers their special talent they could grow their wings. Magically speaking, haha.

Logically, he wouldn't, as wings are limbs that draconic and otherwise beings are born with.

Phylogenetically, he wouldn't, as the structure of his body indicates 4-2-4(6) leg growth pattern (Quadruped in weaker muscularity stages, bipedal in adolescence due to weight distribution and ossitory function, and quadrupedal at full maturity if natural and hexapedal if accompanied by Greed Growth)

Canonically, not enough information to discern, but likely not.

According to dracology, no.

We're kind of assuming dragons are like normal creatures... They're probably not. Spike alone seems to have a property about him that the other dragons didn't have in Dragon Quest and that's the ability to speed grow. There were gems everywhere and the "King of the Hoard" did not turn into a giant.

I honestly don't know if he'll grow wings later on in life like a caterpillar that turns into a butterfly but dragons seem to come in all forms, shapes and sizes.

Posted Image

Crackle has eight legs and no other dragon in that volcano had eight legs. Some dragons have horns, others have lava proof hair, one had a giant tail with retractable spines (and didn't have wings either.)

Plus the purple dragon with blond hair talking to the mace tail dragon said Spike didn't have wings because he was newly hatched implying its normal for newly hatched dragons to be wingless. This could mean that Spike will grow them later on as he gets older so I dunno...

• Brohoof 2

Remember everypony, in Secret of My Excess, it was said that hoarding sped up growth, not the sole reason for growth. My theory is that a Dragon grows wings naturally through age. And Hoarding has no effect on the growth of a Dragon's wings.

Logically, he wouldn't, as wings are limbs that draconic and otherwise beings are born with.

Phylogenetically, he wouldn't, as the structure of his body indicates 4-2-4(6) leg growth pattern (Quadruped in weaker muscularity stages, bipedal in adolescence due to weight distribution and ossitory function, and quadrupedal at full maturity if natural and hexapedal if accompanied by Greed Growth)

Canonically, not enough information to discern, but likely not.

According to dracology, no.

Oh, I didn't realize we had a Dracologist here. I have the book somewhere... let me fetch it...