Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you think is smarter, Twilight Sparkle or Albert Einstein?

Azureth

43 users have voted

1. 1. Who is smarter?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Albert Einstein

Both are highly intelligent and study a lot, but if it came down to it who do you think would win in, say, a scientific debate?

Personally I'd go with Einstein. While Twilight is intelligent I don't know if she knows about things like nuclear power and e=mc2 lol.

• Brohoof 3

I vote Twilight. Twilight is a character in a cartoon. The fact that she is out of reality makes her without limits compared to a human of this world.Also, if she existed, she would know some things that human being don't believe even if he saw, like magic.So she would have a much more open mind.

• Brohoof 1

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

- Alberto Einstinerino

I'm sure they'd have a civil discussion on the differences between their worlds, since they're both smart enough to realize they're from separate worlds and the laws of one person's world doesn't apply to the other. As for the meat of the question itself I honestly couldn't be sure. We don't see a lot of how the actual academic development of spells and magic works in Equestria, we don't see how brain intensive it is, if Twilight has to juggle a lot of complex concepts like high-level math to work her magic.

• Brohoof 1

Einstein's dead; therefore, he doesn't exist.  Can you prove otherwise?  Can you prove, irrefutably, beyond so much as a sliver of a shadow of doubt, that he ever did?

His corpse still exists. Not that it would be that smart, but it would still be smarter then something that doesn't exist at all.

Also all you would have to do to prove that he has existed would be to take some dna from the corpse and run a dna test.

His corpse still exists. Not that it would be that smart, but it would still be smarter then something that doesn't exist at all.

There are living lab mice that are more intelligent than Einstein's corpse.

Also all you would have to do to prove that he has existed would be to take some dna from the corpse and run a dna test.

Why don't you get right on that Gestum?  Make it snappy.

(edited)

I don't know if I could confidently support one side. Both are highly intelligent in general, and are masters of their fields. But they both know a lot that the other doesn't, and it would be like asking who's smarter between a biologist and a physicist. We know for a fact that Einstein doesn't have a lick of knowledge in regards to Equestria. We also know the same is true for Twilight in regards to our planet.

In Twilight's universe the Sun and Moon are controllable objects, moved by Goddesses. She'd have no idea that in our world, and move of their own accordance due to gravity and are significantly far away(Moon being several hundred thousand kilometres away, whilst the sun being 150 million kilometres away). But in that same area, Einstein would have no idea that the sun and moon in Equestria are controlled by two horse goddesses.

Edited by Unikitty
  • Brohoof 3

Einstein's great thought experiment was asking what it would look like if he sped along at the speed of light, and tried to get a 3rd person view of a photon travelling. It's out of this that we now have the theory of relativity.

If Twilight was as smart as Einstein, I would imagine her theorizing and finding the mechanisms responsible for why and how magic works, rather than simply finding more and more niche spells and applications.

My money is on Magic being a new kind of fundamental particle or energy.

• Brohoof 1

Einstein's dead; therefore, he doesn't exist.  Can you prove otherwise?  Can you prove, irrefutably, beyond so much as a sliver of a shadow of doubt, that he ever did?

Can you prove that Enstein's dead? 

• Brohoof 2

Albert was 100% smarter o-o

Twilight is simply a student and a student only repeats what they've been told by a book or their teacher. Innovation requires imagination which is not something Twilight seems to apply to any significant degree ...

(Sorry Twily)

• Brohoof 2

There are living lab mice that are more intelligent than Einstein's corpse.

Considering Einstein did exist, it doesn't make sense to just forget that when he was living he was definitely smarter than a pastel colored horse on a TV show.

• Brohoof 1

They're both very intelligent but the biggest difference is that Einstein was culturally wise as well as smart- Twilight is book smart and only recently is able to learn from experience.

I think Einstein has more types of smarts than twilight, so I'd pick him. Twilight does know a lot of things about science and history, probably a bit more than Einstein, but memorized facts isn't all that shows intelligence in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Considering Einstein did exist, it doesn't make sense to just forget that when he was living he was definitely smarter than a pastel colored horse on a TV show.

I haven't forgotten anything; I've simply acknowledged that the man is no longer breathing.  He's all bones at this point, and bones aren't known for their intelligence.

Can you prove that Enstein's dead? 

Well, Gestum's pretty eager to do a DNA test on his skeleton.  So if you can round up a few able-bodied and willing individuals, I'll provide the shovels.

Yes, I quoted you twice.  Twilight knows and understands things that Einstein, when he was not dead (not undead - quite a different thing altogether), neither knew nor would have understood had he known them.  That makes Einstein less intelligent concerning things he didn't know.  What makes one kind of knowledge or intelligence superior to another?  Who gets to decide?

I think Einstein has more types of smarts than twilight, so I'd pick him. Twilight does know a lot of things about science and history, probably a bit more than Einstein, but memorized facts isn't all that shows intelligence in my opinion.

We don't know how many things Twilight knows about or to what degree she knows them.  And Einstein, in his current state, doesn't necessarily know anything.  He is as intelligent as a tombstone at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

I think the two of them would have an absolutely lovely chat with one another were they to ever meet, and collectively agree that such a conclusion could not be drawn regarding either of them, and so call your survey silly!

• Brohoof 1

Einstein is one of the greatest scientific minds we have ever seen, I am not saying Twilight is a dummy but it is very very difficult to even come close to someone like Einstein. Einstein came up with the theory of relativity which is one of the greatest advancements in physics ever, it is almost like the physics equivalents of inventing the wheel or discovering fire.

I haven't forgotten anything; I've simply acknowledged that the man is no longer breathing.  He's all bones at this point, and bones aren't known for their intelligence.

May I ask why cartoon horses are smarter than dead people than. I mean at least dead people exist (or have existed, that depends on how you see it) but cartoon horses haven't existed at all. 

• Brohoof 2

May I ask why cartoon horses are smarter than dead people than. I mean at least dead people exist (or have existed, that depends on how you see it) but cartoon horses haven't existed at all. 

Twilight Sparkle does exist; she appears in a television series that you presumably watch.  Even if you think something or someone fictional, the moment they are created, they exist.  And anyone is smarter than a corpse.  That's just a fact.  Even reanimated corpses aren't exactly brilliant.  So you're measuring the intelligence of an apparently smart and knowledgeable alicorn against an apparently dead person.  And still coming to the result of dead person.

Twilight Sparkle does exist; she appears in a television series that you presumably watch.  Even if you think something or someone fictional, the moment they are created, they exist.  And anyone is smarter than a corpse.  That's just a fact.  Even reanimated corpses aren't exactly brilliant.  So you're measuring the intelligence of an apparently smart and knowledgeable alicorn against an apparently dead person.  And still coming to the result of dead person.

Cartoon horses (or anything else) do not magically start existing just because someone deiced to make a drawing of them or write a story about them, that's basic knowledge. What does start existing is the drawing or story and I would say that they are around as smart as some dead guy. 

Twilight Sparkle does exist
 Not as a sentient being. As a drawing or as pixels on a computer screen maybe, but not as a sentient being.

So you're measuring the intelligence of an apparently smart and knowledgeable alicorn against an apparently dead person. 
But what if I imagine a living Einstein, by your logic he begins to exist. Then who is the smartest one?
  • Brohoof 2