Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler SDCC Season 5 Spoilers

Sidral Mundet

(edited)

So MLP just had a SDCC panel where they revealed a whole bunch of stuff about season 5 and beyond.  All the info can be found here: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/07/sdcc-pony-panel-major-news-points.html#idc-cover   here  http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/07/season-finale-animatic-from-sdcc-pony.html#idc-cover and here http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/07/epic-new-song-from-sdcc-pony-panel.html#idc-cover

Some highlights (double spoilers for those who really don't want to see them) :

Fluttershy has a brother and we'll see him soon (Personally really exicted by this one!) 

Maud Pie and the rest of the Pies are getting an episode as well as the Apples

A song with Frozen vibes is on it's way

What the Mane 6 would be like without the Sonic Rainboom will be explored

We're going to see the Mane 6's fears

Nightmare Moon and the Rainbow Powers will return in the next episode

Starlight Glimmer will return in the finale (See animatic for more info)

Another villain will return in an unexpected way

New Character Orchard Bloom

Lina Hall song and potential adult blank flank

Season 6 being recorded

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 5

Fluttershy having a brother seems to be the most interesting thing here. I'm guessing he may appear in Brotherhooves Social.

YES! Loving the Pie family stuff. Can't wait for it. Hearts warming eve stuff seems interesting too seeing as how the other episode barely covered it.

As for the animatic, seems interesting. It seems like they're trying to fix what was wrong with Magical Mystery Cure.

• Brohoof 3

So MLP just had a SDCC panel where they revealed a whole bunch of stuff about season 5 and beyond.  All the info can be found here: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/07/sdcc-pony-panel-major-news-points.html#idc-cover   and here  http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/07/season-finale-animatic-from-sdcc-pony.html#idc-cover

Fluttershy has a brother and we'll see him soon (Personally really exicted by this one!) 

Actually interested in seeing this one, my guess is that this is what Brotherhooves Social is about

Maud Pie and the rest of the Pies are getting an episode

REALLY excited for this one

as well as the Apples

whoopdiedoo -_-

Not surprised at all :P

Hype for the finale now

Hopefully it won't rehash the ones we've seen in the comics

I'm actually more interested in NMM than RP

Not surprised either, the opener kind of gave it away

Calling it, it's Lightning Dust

Have no idea what to think of this, hopefully she's as funny as Meghan says

Season 6 being recorded

yay

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Q: What would happen to each of the Mane 6 if the Sonic Rainboom didn't happen? A: Wait for the finale!

And then Spike gonna be all like

post-12583-0-81098900-1436557198.gif

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

Okay, I just heard the Lena Hall song and this is one of the most beautiful songs in the show. These are the kind of songs I hear in musicals like Wiked. So. Freaking. Beautiful.

Looks like we might be getting an adult blank flank. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 3

He must be named Butterscotch, make it so Number One!

Maud Pie and the rest of the Pies are getting an episode as well as the Apples

two doses of Maud this season, all of my yes! 

as sung by spike the dragon :D

*distant rumblings of my dead head canon crawling from its grave*

I'm listening 

Nightmare moon: MUAHAHAHAHHA

Pinkie: Hey Luna, have a snickers

NIGHMARE moon: WHY WOULD I DO THAT SIMPLETON

Pinkie: You're hungry, you aren't you when your hungry

Nightmare moon: omnomnom

Pinkie: Better?

Luna: Better!

to...much...hype...

Season 6 being recorded

hhnnnnnnggggh 

I am very excited to see how this all plays out IF THE HIATUS DOESN'T KILL ME FIRST D8<

• Brohoof 2

@@WriteCodes46, Apparently, it's also written by AKR. If it is, this song is a great way to end her tenure with FIM.

Until a few months ago, I hadn't heard of Lena Hall, but she won a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical. This song shows us why. It's not just wonderfully written. Her voice is very powerful. In each passing meter, emotion moves through. It's a song you can't help but appreciate her performance and the animatic's atmosphere, for they're all tied together.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy has a brother and we'll see him soon

Wait....what?!

Are you kidding me? First they pull a brother for Twilight out of thin air 50 episodes into the show, and now they're going to do the same exact thing for Fluttershy more than 100 episodes into the show?!?!?!?!  :okiedokielokie:

Oh, and let me guess. They're going to give him the exact same backstory they gave Shining Armor, aren't they? Fluttershy was really close to him growing up, though apparently not close enough for her to have ever mentioned him to her friends, but they've since fallen out of touch since she moved to Ponyville, right? Yep, I'll bet you anything that's what they're going with. 

Sorry, but this is just insanely stupid. It is way too late in the show to be pulling siblings for the mane six out of thin air. 

Hey, but while they're at it, they might as well pull a brother or sister out of thin air for Rainbow Dash as well, since she's now apparently the only one of the mane six without one. 

Wait....what?!

Are you kidding me? First they pull a brother for Twilight out of thin air 50 episodes into the show, and now they're going to do the same exact thing for Fluttershy more than 100 episodes into the show?!?!?!?!  :okiedokielokie:

Oh, and let me guess. They're going to give him the exact same backstory they gave Shining Armor, aren't they? Fluttershy was really close to him growing up, though apparently not close enough for her to have ever mentioned him to her friends, but they've since fallen out of touch since she moved to Ponyville, right? Yep, I'll bet you anything that's what they're going with. 

Sorry, but this is just insanely stupid. It is way too late in the show to be pulling siblings for the mane six out of thin air. 

Hey, but while they're at it, they might as well pull a brother or sister out of thin air for Rainbow Dash as well, since she's now apparently the only one of the mane six without one. 

There are Brothers and Sisters who don't see themselves for years. Things like that happen. I barely talk with my friends about my family, because i don't like to talk about my private life alot.

I don't think if i suddenly bring up my brother to them, they would say that i pulled him out of my ass.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Wow :D I slightly regret spoiling everything (mostly tomorrow's episode), but that's some great stuff coming up.

I hope they give Spike some attention in the "what if" scenario. Would he still be in his egg at this point if not for Twilight? Dragons nap for 100 years, so another 10 years or so of incubating may not seem like much.

First Twilight had a secret brother, and now Fluttershy? And Pinkie had a secret extra sister... how many siblings does Rainbow Dash have?

The CMC's expressions during that song makes me think that may be their cutie mark episode at last :squee:

Mane 6 fears should be interesting. I hope Twilight's is still related to Celestia, as it was in Sombra's door of fear.

And smart move announcing that there is for sure a real season 6 in the works, after that little twitter mishap :)

Hype train is back on track :maud:

861819__safe_animated_edit_nightmare+moo

Edited by dekutree64
  • Brohoof 1

Wow just wow!  All of these sound really great and interesting.  It looks like this season is going to be really great and possibly even better in the second half than the first half.

The song was beautiful and powerful and I can't wait for the episode in which it appears in.

From what I learned of the next episode it also looks like it can be pretty good as well.

The finale animatic is great and I bet the season finale is going to be quite enjoyable.

So yeah once I get past the hiatus it's smooth sailing form there and one heck of a season to watch.

I can't wait for these new episodes!

I don't really mind the whole "sibling out of nowhere" shtick as much as others do, but I hope that they keep RD's family small and keep her sibling-less, both because I'm to used to the idea of RD having a single parent, and it gives RD's relationship with Scootaloo some more dimensions

• Brohoof 1

Wait....what?!

You think that's bad? Do yourself a favor and don't watch the 2017 movie.

Personally I don't think it's that far-fetched. We know that Pinkie Pie has another sister she hasn't seen in a while, who only appeared in The Cutie Mark Chronicles together with Maud Pie. Maybe Fluttershy's brother is just really distant, and they barely even know each other.

Fluttershy has a brother, eh? Well this should be a very interesting episode to see. Looking forward to it.

Wait....what?!

I couldn't disagree more. Prior to Season 4 and if we really want to stretch it, the Season 2 finale, we really haven't seen what the Main character's families other than Rarity's or Applejack's. Even today we're still learning more about the Apple Family's relatives. We haven't seen anything about Rainbow Dash's or Fluttershy's family so I am glad we are just starting to explore that.

We just learned more about Pinkie's last season and Maud instantly became a fan favorite after her debut.

And like I said we barely know anything about Rainbow's background so it's possible.

(edited)
Maybe Fluttershy's brother is just really distant, and they barely even know each other.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if that were the case. It's just that, I sincerely doubt that will be the case. I think this will simply be Shining Armor all over again. 

Furthermore, I can't help but wonder why this far into the show, we apparently know so little about the mane six's families to the point where siblings can simply be pulled out of thin air more than 100 episodes into it. I simply accepted that Maud was nothing more than a retcon, since at least we knew that Pinkie had sisters. But another brother pulled from absolutely nowhere, for basically no other reason than the fact that they can? 

And here I thought that 50 episodes alone was far too late for Twilight to suddenly have a brother out of nowhere. 

Edited by Cleverclover
  • Brohoof 1

And this season just keeps getting better and better! Can't wait to see more of the Apples and Pies! Thanks for posting all of this with the links, can't wait for the 2nd half of this season :D

I wouldn't have a problem with it if that were the case. It's just that, I sincerely doubt that will be the case. I think this will simply be Shining Armor all over again. 

Furthermore, I can't help but wonder why this far into the show, we apparently know so little about the mane six's families to the point where siblings can simply be pulled out of thin air more than 100 episodes into it. I simply accepted that Maud was nothing more than a retcon, since at least we knew that Pinkie had sisters. But another brother pulled from absolutely nowhere, for basically no other reason than the fact that they can? 

And here I thought that 50 episodes alone was far too late for Twilight to suddenly have a brother out of nowhere. 

Again, this isn't farfetched. This isn't really pulling siblings out of thin air so much as it is filling in a HUGE blank. Really, when it comes to Fluttershy, we know close to nothing about her background so I'm actually glad that we get to explore some of that. It's never really too late to learn about a character's family when said character's background has never been expanded upon in the first place.

• Brohoof 1