Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Omniscience―would you want to know all things?

Dsanders

Same here.

And Joy is best emotion.

She sure is, though I got a kick out of all of them ^_^

Now I'm curious about something, would possessing omniscience give you the ability to know how your future will play out? Or is it only limited to curren and past knowledge?

She sure is, though I got a kick out of all of them ^_^

Now I'm curious about something, would possessing omniscience give you the ability to know how your future will play out? Or is it only limited to current and past knowledge?

You know everything, therefore you would be able to know your future as well as the future of the universe. That may either be burdensome or infinitely fascinating since you'll be able to know what ends up happening to everyone, all their futures and how their lives will play out. It'll be like watching millions of movies at once. This may even lead you to having more compassion for people that you see every day since you will no longer see them as mere strangers.

• Brohoof 1

You know everything, therefore you would be able to know your future as well as the future of the universe. That may either be burdensome or infinitely fascinating since you'll be able to know what ends up happening to everyone, all their futures and how their lives will play out. It'll be like watching millions of movies at once. This may even lead you to having more compassion for people that you see every day since you will no longer see them as mere strangers.

I wouldn't see this as a bad thing at all, it would be quite useful just so I could know my own future :) Thanks for answering ;)

Immortality seems like a two-edged sword, though normally it might be uncomfortable to think at some point you are going to pass away, some people are also understandably uneasy with spending eternity on this world. But what if you could visit as many worlds you like and meet many different kinds of people?

(edited)

Definitely not. Although I would know a lot of good things, I would also know a lot of bad things, and i don't think I could handle that. "Ignorance is bliss," as they say :)

Edited by SwirlyWolf

• 2 months later...

That would be both amazing and terrifying at the same time.
I'm really not sure if I could handle that or not.
If I could handle that heavy of a burden and/or responsibility then I would accept it.
However, to have that vast of knowledge may be enough to drive someone to madness.
In the wrong hands it could prove to be quite catastrophic..

If I knew everything I guarantee that life would become dreadfully boring beyond reason. Getting to learn new things is one of those things that keeps me going. I live to learn. Whatever keeps me hanging on must not be taken away.

• 5 years later...