Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Endeavor (Reboot)

Defender of Tomorrow

@@Chip Circuit

"I'm jumping at the chance to talk to a stallion like yourself," The mare admitted, with a sheepish crooked grin, "It's not often I get to talk to wastelanders. In fact, I don't get to talk to them at all."

She let out a scoff, smirking toothily but still sheepishly.

"Right, manners," she chuckled, and held out an armoured hoof, "I'm Solar Dust. Nice to met you, mister...?"

(edited)

"You could not be serious, brother?! Nobody is allowed to pray at the altar until the ceremony is complete! Even the initiates know that...I don't think I've seen you before and I did not see you during the ceremony.." The stallion commented as he moved his hoof to lift his hood. The blood of the mare continued to trickle down the altar, the plants feeding off of it more and more, draining the fluid as it came. The plant matter expanded in a matter of seconds, some of the vines latching onto the catwalk that Ellieum was standing on.

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow

@@Unicorncob,

Chip eyed the mare from hoof to mane, looking for any sign of hostility, still unsure of her intentions. "While that is a true statement in itself, you can understand why. Not many feel rather chummy when a mare clad in high tech power armor tries flagging them down." He teased a small smirk on his face.

The stallion cocked his head back slightly when the mare extended a hoof forward, his eyes glanced down at her hoof and back up at the mare. Suddenly his look of suspicion and caution was pushed aside by a large smile as he held his hoof out to hers. "Circuit, Chip Circuit, owner of Circuit munitions." He introduced looking the mare in the eyes. "Nice to meet you Solar and no need for titles such as that."

I took one of the large bags from the merchants wagon and filled it up with the supplies formerly owned by the raider and merchant ponies and tied them tightly onto my back. Might be able to sell this to some locals if I get desperate enough or find anything useful in their stores. I neared an area which was walled off. Giving a clear indicator that is was some ponies territory. I contemplated if I should go in to investigate or keep on going to my intended destination. Before I could decide anything a sudden heavy impact slammed into the side of my helmet. Pain dominated my senses and my ears rang due to the close proximity of the round. I quickly scanned the area for a possible sniper until I noticed the signal light coming from the walls of the nearby settlement. If they wanted they could have taken my head off, probably a warning that I was better off heeding than foolishly charging a well fortified location by myself. I tried grabbing my head in an attempt to stop the shaky feeling I was getting, sadly to no avail. With a sigh I quickly made my way out of the territory hoping not to get a second bullet in the flank.

I spent the last hour or so contemplating my codex as the other rangers do to past the time. Not many rangers actually remember the full codex itself,  there's too much text to remember anyway. Luckily for us it was pretty easy to decide what to prioritize, I mean surely a plasma caster could save more lives in the long run. They would have just died the next day and wasted ammo for you to save somepony you actually cared about, yeah that's what's important. Speaking of important ponies I wonder how Maple is doing, must be hard having Blueberrysabre on your ass all day about a generator you can't even build. With me deep in thought I was at the gates of New Appleoosa in no time, or as they would say in a jiffy. I got some stares from the town folk other then that they didn't come too close. I had too admit these folks had carved a nice place for themselves here, if there was something I could say about wastelanders was their ability to adapt and survive. I looked around for a suitable shop to peddle my wares and eventually found a shop titled absolutely everything.

I walked in to find a cozy little shop lined with stands filled with various supplies and trinkets which were interesting but not much of use to me. It was empty, despite this all her goods still sat on their prospective shelves. The counter even had a few caps laid upon it, whoever the owner the shop is they have these ponies trust and vice versa. I left the sack on the counter before grabbing what I believed to be a fair trade. Energy cells,water,food stuff, and two grenades. I tucked them away in my suits compartments before making my way out of town. That must have been the fairest thing I've ever done in my forty three year life span in this wasteland. I dumped the thought out of my mind as I continued westward towards the facility that may hold pre-war riches.

Swirly felt herself hauled onto a peg, she let out a soft whimper before trying to escape from the bag. Something sharp hit her flank cutting her though the bag. (-20 Hp) Swirly then listened in on the raiders, "let's resupply here for the night and then deliver this filly in the morning, those religious cloak heads should pay extra for her" A voice muttered. 

Lavender finally arrived at the compound, she paused glancing at the tracks in the distance, seeing them lead into a factory. She armed herself, putting several clips onto her front hooves. She then adjusted her barding making sure it was covering all her vital areas. Lavender finally cased the joint, spotting only a guard at the door. (Intelligence- 6) 'Killing him would alert the others inside, maybe I could try....'.

Lavender trotted over to the Stallion, he was instantly pointing his machine gun at her when she got into the light. "what you want? This our place, shove off" he growled at her pointing his gun at her chest(Charisma-3) "I was invite for the fun" she snorted smiling. The stallion raised his eyebrow and began laughing "oh, thats a good one, now scram before I improve you're face" he growled.

Lavender rolled her eyes and backed away noticing him turn away, she then pulled her riffle out before blasting him in the face "sorry, you're face didn't improve" she remarked as she picked up his gun with her mouth and kicking the door open. She glanced at the small group of raiders playing cards and then too a wiggling bag on a peg. "Royal Flush" she remarked emptying the dead raiders rifle at them.

The first two were dead before they could get up, the third was down as he grabbed his rifle. Then there were just two left who had taken cover, Lavender threw the rifle at one of them before pulling out her own. 

The first raider began firing at the mare while she was in the open, the second drop his rifle as he grunted from the sudden rifle smacking him in the face. 

Lavender felt several bullets hit her barding, most of the shots were ricochet however one was a direct hit and passed though hitting a rib to her left side. (-50 hp) She grunted in pain and stumbled behind a broken wall returning fire on the first raider hitting him in the hoof. She then glanced at her wound which would slow her down the longer she fought. She waited for the first raider to finish firing, taking a second bullet to her flank. (-10hp). She then fired from her cover taking the first raiders leg off with several shots, she then blasted him in the flank with the rest of her clip incapacitating him.

The last raider began firing covering his comrade as he fell, he pressed forward using the rest of the clip to get closer to the mare, he then pulled out a knife from his hoof. "take it you're the mother" he growled as he turned the corner.

Lavender has just finished reloading when the final raider turned the corner. (Agility- 4) She was too slow bringing her rifle up as he knocked it from her grip. "The pissed off mother" she retortedThe raider swung his knife towards her, "I'm going to skin you're filly after you" he threatened. Lavender spotted the knife and tried to dodge the blow (Agility- 4) She caught the knife and wrestled with the stallion, "not if I skin you first" she growled. (Strength- 6) The raider was stronger and stabbed the mare in the flank (-25hp), where the barding wasn't as protected, "you're filly's gonna be without her mother soon" he growled. 

Lavender became fearful of leaving her filly to this beast. (Mother's Rage) She grabbed the knife out of her flank and jumped on the stallion suddenly, stabbing fiercely "Not If I can help it" she hissed stabbing the long dead stallion repeatedly. She slowly came out of her rage glancing back at her wounds which were starting to hurt since her adrenaline was going. 

(First Aid) She patched her flank up with a rag torn from the stallion, however she was unable to do anything for the bullet wound to her chest. She glanced at the wiggling filly "Swirly?" she called to her weakly. Stumbling several steps and taking the bag off the peg finding her filly inside.

Key Item Obtained: Swirly 

Hp: 35/120 Lavender (Agility decreased due to injuries, -5hp due to her wound to her rib)

hp: 180/200 Swirly

Equipment: 

Several guns- (2 sawd off shotgun, 3 SMG's , Ammo, 3 flares, 25 caps and 1 large energy cell)

Edited by UnicornFilly

"You could not be serious, brother?! Nobody is allowed to pray at the altar until the ceremony is complete! Even the initiates know that...I don't think I've seen you before and I did not see you during the ceremony.." The stallion commented as he moved his hoof to lift his hood. The blood of the mare continued to trickle down the altar, the plants feeding off of it more and more, draining the fluid as it came. The plant matter expanded in a matter of seconds, some of the vines latching onto the catwalk that Ellieum was standing on.

"Well it was worth a shot."

Ezekiel grabbed the reaching hoof, pulled the leg back over his neck, stepped forward, and lifted, sending the leader over his withers and tumbling down the steps. The Shaman rushed to the girl's body, held one hoof pointed upwards over his heart and put another on her head.

"Spirits of Harmony I summon you now, save this soul from powers so foul.

Let her pass now to Elysium blessed, so that she endure no more and finally rest."

Let her pass now to Elysium blessed, so that she endure no more and finally rest."

Again and again he fired off the rite so that this mare's after life will not be just as much Hell as the one she was taken from.

"What? Stop him! Stop whatever he is doing!" The leader demanded.

"But . . . we shouldn't approach the-"

"STOP HIM!" The leader roared. Two of the more daring disciples rushed the Shaman. Ezekiel blade kicked the one on his left in the neck with his hind leg then chopped at the horn of the one on his right, causing him to reel, before sending him to the ground with a hammer hoof (hammer fist) to the side of the head. All the while keeping his one hoof still pointed upward over his heart and praying.

"Spirits of Harmony of summon you now, save this soul from powers so foul.

Edited by Steel Accord

Chip eyed the mare from hoof to mane, looking for any sign of hostility, still unsure of her intentions. "While that is a true statement in itself, you can understand why. Not many feel rather chummy when a mare clad in high tech power armor tries flagging them down." He teased a small smirk on his face.

The stallion cocked his head back slightly when the mare extended a hoof forward, his eyes glanced down at her hoof and back up at the mare. Suddenly his look of suspicion and caution was pushed aside by a large smile as he held his hoof out to hers. "Circuit, Chip Circuit, owner of Circuit munitions." He introduced looking the mare in the eyes. "Nice to meet you Solar and no need for titles such as that."

Solar shrugged, glancing aside. "Fair point, I guess. Not many ponies are trusting, especially when somepony looking like me walks up to them and asks where they can get a drink around here."

"'Sup, Chippy?" She said with a smirk, then perked up, "Say, I got a proposition for you."

She turned her head to look over her shoulder, pointing to a warehouse not too far in the distance.

"I was gonna check that place out when I was done here, you wanna come with?"

Chip cocked his head sideways some with a raised eyebrow as he looked at the mare. "Chippy?" He thought to himself never having been called such a thing. "Some sort of pet name?" 

The stallion's head perk up at the mention of a proposition, he could certainly use some extra caps as well as any parts he could manage to scrounge up. It would be far safer for him to hunt down these parts with a pony clad in power armor then if he were to go it alone.

The pointing to a large warehouse a short distance off from them and offered to let him accompany her. Chip looked to the warehouse and back at the mare pondering what he should do. After a short few seconds he nodded at her with a small smile. "Sure, I guess it will be safer to hunt down what I need with you around then if I were to hunt it all alone." He said taking a step forward toward her. "I'll follow your lead sol."

@@Chip Circuit

"Sweet!" Solar squeaked, giving Chip a toothy grin before blinking with intrigue, "Sol...I like it. Sounds like 'soul'. That's pretty cool."

She turned in place and began a trot toward the warehouse, hoping Chip was following.

"So, talk to me," She said to him, "Where'd ya come from? What do ya do?"

@@Unicorncob

Chip smiled at the mare when she approved of her nickname, she then turned and begun trotting off toward the distance bombarding him with a few questions. He trot after her until he caught up and matched her pace to keep up with her. "Well I was born and raised in an independent lab north of ponyville. There I was taught in engineering and electrical science. So now I'm a weapon smith as well as an electrical engineer." He said smiling at the mare. "What about yourself?"

Chip smiled at the mare when she approved of her nickname, she then turned and begun trotting off toward the distance bombarding him with a few questions. He trot after her until he caught up and matched her pace to keep up with her. "Well I was born and raised in an independent lab north of ponyville. There I was taught in engineering and electrical science. So now I'm a weapon smith as well as an electrical engineer." He said smiling at the mare. "What about yourself?"

Solar grinned as Chip seemed happy to talk to her. It felt really great to finally have somepony to have a chat with again, plus she could learn a bit about the wasteland from him.

"Engineer, huh? That's pretty neat," She said, smiling at him, then blinked at his question.

She hesitated and took a glance up to the overcast sky. "Uh...let's get inside before I tell you about me, just in case." She leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Somepony might be listening..."

Chip pulled his head back as he could feel her hot breath on his ear, from her glance to the sky and her paranoia about somepony listening as well as her power armor Chip was able to deduce that she could be enclave that came down beneath the cloud layer. He stopped in his tracks looking around a bit nervously and up at the cloud layer above, his gaze then returned to the mare. "Wait are you... you know?" He asked gesturing his head to the clouds.

"I could get killed sticking around you if they're hunting you." He said nervously starting to rethink this venture with Solar.

@@Chip Circuit

"Weeeeell," Solar muttered nervously, darting her eyes around, "Um...yes and no. See, the Enclave only come down here for a scouting mission or scavenge party."

She glanced up to the clouds again. "I'm down here out of protocol, so either they'll hunt me down to arrest me for treason, or I'll just be dead to them. Don't worry though; if they do find us, I'll go quietly in exchange for letting you go."

They arrived at the door to the warehouse, and Solar lowered her visor as she carefully entered.

The leader grunted as he saw Ezekiel kick away his followers, nobody would really be able to get to him unless they all rushed him, but even then he would still continue to try to pray. "Brothers and Sisters! A liar stands before us, trying to desperately defile our sacrifice! Let us show him the power of our savior through our undying determination! Pray my companions! Pray loud! Pray so that his frail voice may be drowned out, PRAY THAT HE MAY REGRET HIS ACTIONS!" The leader shouted with such passion to his congregation, and as he commanded, they began to pray once more, they chanted the same words they had been chanting earlier.

Standing up, the leader picked up the knife that had fallen when he was thrown and stood firmly into the ground, knife drawn and at the ready if Ezekiel should choose to attempt to interrupt the ceremony once more.

"What the hell is this..zebra doing?" Ellieum muttered as she watched him praying over the body of the mare. "If he doesn't get out of there soon...he's gonna find himself to be the next sacrifice." she thought to herself as she stood up on the catwalk, not caring if he saw her or not anymore and started towards the steamy corridor.

Chip nervously follow after Solar, fearful of the thought of a potential squad that would come hunting her down since she's on the surface against protocol. He let out a sigh at one of her comments as he caught up beside her. "I wouldn't be able to ask you to do that for me, if anything I will help you escape if they find you. I've heard tales of what they do to some that break protocol, granted they are only rumors." He said as his gaze shifted to her with a smile on his face.

The two soon arrived at the warehouse with Solar going in first, Chip wasn't sure what that were going to find inside. He was excited yet terrified at the same time being that he had never really ventured into the wastes before until now. "Sol, just be careful, I will try to provide long range support." He said nervously as he let himself into the warehouse as well.

Ezekiel took a quick breath to calm himself, briefly meditating and shutting out their chants, he was a Shaman of Harmony, the Spirits he served kept this land safe and happy for thousands of years. They would not abandon him, nor this mare, to these heretics.

As the cult chanted, Ezekiel knew he would be overwhelmed regardless of their inability to affect him, the mare's soul would be lost if he couldn't think of something. It then hit him. He stopped praying and leaned over, holding her limp lifeless hoof.

"A part of you still lingers good Ms. No matter your life, you didn't deserve this. So know this is not your end, in your moment of need I will be your friend. In exchange for letting you pass to a better place, when my time comes, we'll meet again face to face. Sound fair?" He asked not her body but her soul. Then he sung, softly, but with a resonating power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ixfTKGG8A

Edited by Steel Accord

The leader of the group threw the knife at Ezekiel "Die heretic! How dare you defile this sacred land with your heresy?" He shouted, his eyes filled with rage as he wanted to kill the Zebra so badly, however, his voice was drowned out by the chanting for the most part. [Per 9]. He then remembered that among all his necklaces and jewelry he had an emergency whistle to alert the nearby security that there was something amiss and grasped onto it tightly, blowing into it with all his might.

The whistle pierced through all the chanting and filled the room and nearby rooms with the sound, a sound of a table knocking over could be faintly heard and within half a minute a few ponies burst through the main entrance, armed with armor piercing rifles. They looked at the leader for a brief moment and he simply pointed at Ezekiel, they promptly fired their weapons at him. 

"Ahh fuck this!" Ellieum groaned and loaded her Magnum with normal rounds frantically, she promptly pointed her weapon at the armed assailants and fired off three rounds at the closest pony, all the bullets digging into his body and dropping him to the ground. One of the ponies turned and fired at her blindly while the other continued to fire at Ezekiel, some of the rounds had to at least graze him.

Lavender blinked sleepily, feeling slightly better than before. She smiled thinking that her wound was healed, till she looked at her flank. (Luck- 3) where she had pulled the knife out of her flank it had become infected having a pungent stench to it. "awwww come on" she growled before glancing at her filly. "Swirly, can you do mommy a favour and get me another bandage" she asked. She snorted realising her filly was still asleep. 

Lavender rolled her eyes and slowly got up, making the world spin. She tried to sit back down which made her ribs hurt causing her to stop. "now thats just..... fuck" she grumbled trying to step forward getting more pain in her rib. "celestia's wet flank hole" she grumbled. She then stood there waiting for her filly to wake up.

Swirly blinked as she slowly woke up. She glanced at her mother curiously,

"Swirly can you go though the raiders stuff, and find mommy something strong, and a bandage, and maybe a healing potion" she asked trying to be nice. She watched her filly slowly go around picking up random bits of junk and putting them in a pile in front of her. "just wish you got my brains rather then you're fathers" she sighed glancing at one of the guns Swirly had given her. She then frowned when Swirly brought back a flare.

"yes dear, unless you want to set me alight, FIND SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!" she growled making Swirly actually take the task seriously. "finally" she grumbled.

Eventually she had made herself a splint for her rib, she then could move but was still painful to do so. "Right good Swirly, you can keep the flare" she told her daughter giving her the flare to hold. She decided to get rid off  the raiders body's, rather than completely destroy the rest of Swirly's innocences.

She slowly dragged each body outside dumping them on a large heap, everything she could use she took however mostly it was just some junk, she frowned at the pile of death and snorted "good riddance" she remarked, thinking a burial was too high for these scum. 

Lavender then trotted back inside and looted the rest of the compound piling everything she found in a pile. Then she promptly fell asleep.

Swirly glanced at the large pile before deciding she wanted more than just a flare. She picked up another and a large glowing blue thing. She tied the flare's together with some salvaged rope, then she tied the glowing blue thing to one of the flare's. She then sat down tired after her modified flare. She then picked up what looked like a grenade and tied that to her flare. she continued doing this while her mother slept.

Edited by UnicornFilly

Chip nervously follow after Solar, fearful of the thought of a potential squad that would come hunting her down since she's on the surface against protocol. He let out a sigh at one of her comments as he caught up beside her. "I wouldn't be able to ask you to do that for me, if anything I will help you escape if they find you. I've heard tales of what they do to some that break protocol, granted they are only rumors." He said as his gaze shifted to her with a smile on his face.

The two soon arrived at the warehouse with Solar going in first, Chip wasn't sure what that were going to find inside. He was excited yet terrified at the same time being that he had never really ventured into the wastes before until now. "Sol, just be careful, I will try to provide long range support." He said nervously as he let himself into the warehouse as well.

Solar chuckled grimly at Chip's comment. "Whatever you've heard, there's probably some truth to them. But, thanks, it means a lot that you'd do that." She added, returning the smile.

"Don't worry, I'm a trained fighter," She assured him, tapping a hoof on her magical energy rifles, "these babies're top of the line."

@@Defender of Tomorrow @@Steel Accord

Her ears perked up and flicked at the sounds of yelling and gunfire further into the warehouse.

"Hey, sounds like they started the party without us," she snarked, smirking as she armed her battlesaddle, "Let's go be fashionably late."

Ezekiel dove behind the altar, the knife hit him but his cloak afforded him some small protection . . . not against bullets though, those tore right through and several nicked him.

The gunfire and chanting seemed to recede though, the world became more hazy and quiet. Rising above it all was a tiny light, golden and pink, pulsing in a steady rhythm, the little soul faded from Ezekiel's sight and passed away. A tear rolled down his cheek. Scowling, he hugged the altar and his hoof flew to the grip of his weapon, he waited for the gunfire to abate. 

Ellieum groaned as bullets grazed her flank and dug past her combat armor "F-fuck you!!" she screamed, unloading the rest of her weapon on the ponies that were now reloading. Two of the three remaining bullets grazed both of the ponies that were now reloading, causing them to drop their ammo packs from the sudden pain. [-40 HP]

Ellieum panted heavily as blood ran down her legs, she took quick notice of a dark drape that had been shot free from all the commotion and ducked behind it, it surely would make her harder to shoot now. Frantically, she loaded what she thought were normal rounds into her weapon (they were actually armor piercing rounds) and angrily fired at the ponies that now drew their weapons in her direction.

Tearing past the drapes, two of the six bullets outright missed, the other four bullets dug themselves into the weapon's of the ponies, forcing the guns to jerk out of their hands and fire off wildly. Some of the bullets found their way to the altar and the created many holes into the drapes Ellieum was hiding behind. 

"Anytime," Chip said still smiling at Solar, he was enjoying her company greatly it was far to rare to meet a pony who didn't want to attack a stallion like him.

Chip's eyes darted from side to side nervously as solar suggested that they go join in on the fray that could be heard through the warehouse. He let out a sigh as he looked toward the doorway where the echos of screaming and gunfire could be heard. "Alright Sol, let's go, I guess we should help out if somepony needs it." He said waiting for Solar to begin heading through the building since she was the one clad in armor.

@@Chip Circuit

"Armoured ladies first," Solar joked, winking at Chip as she began walking down a dark hallway that seemed to lead toward the racket.

She flipped on a light on her helmet to help the two see further in. The two-hundred year old wreckage thankfully proved not too difficult to manoeuvre.

@@Defender of Tomorrow @@Steel Accord

The flashes and bangs of guns coming from the central area of the warehouse was more than enough incentive Solar needed to turn off her light. Less chance of being detected when you don't have an eighty-watt bulb shining out of your face.

She turned to Chip and put a hoof to her lips, then slunk up to the doorway leading to the scene of the conflict. Peeking her head out was unlikely a wise decision.

Chip scoffed as he rolled his eyes at Solar's comment. "Yeah better for you to go first then the nearly unarmored stallion." He teased still following after her, he then pulled his rifle off his back as they drew ever closer to the commotion within the warehouse.

As the two approached the doorway leading to the conflict Solar unwisely poked her head around the corner, while Chip held his long range rifle in front of his face.

After the war lasted a few more years then Equestria had expected she soon had to rely on private industry to supply its troops. Ironshod industries was one of the more famous and widespread companies. If you had a weapon in your battlesaddle you could bet a whole lot of caps that it was made in an pre-war ironshod factory. I suspected I had much to gain in looting this facility for treasures. I still had my doubts though, mainly due to the nearby presence of civilization whom probably looted the facility long before any ranger could get to it. As I made my way to the facility I heard the sound of gunfire in the distance. It was either far away or muffled by a building, whatever it was it was far away and none of my business.

On the other hoof whoever is causing that racket might be a potential threat to me and my current goal. I looked at the distant factory before turning to the source of the noise. I shifted my sights a couple more times before groaning and finally made the choice that checking the potential threat was the safest course of action. From a short distance away from the factory was a warehouse, if you didn't make the effort to look there was no promise you'd find it. Probably home to some gang or tribal cult that made their home base a decently secluded spot. I primed my weapons and quickly found a wall to hug as I tried to look for an entrance. I looked at the E.F.S on my visor and spotted a couple of blips both yellow and red. After scooting along at a slow pace I finally found a door to enter. The gunfire and shouts got louder as I put my head to the door, before I pulled away and turned around. With a quick windup I bucked the door with both of my hind legs. The door quite literally flew off its hinges slamming down on the floor in one loud thump. I then stormed the building ready to blast away any opposition.