Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Quartz's 2015 Art Folder

Kiri

Ohhhh all your drawings are... Perfect ! And I loove flying Twillight, really youre an amazing artist xP

Thank you for the compliment, Laika! :3

• Brohoof 1

Hey there! I just want to say that I like your work. The colours are pretty and the style is cute.

From what I've read in this topic, you use Firealpaca. That's nice, I use it as well for my art. xP But I'm just wondering, how do you get your line art so smooth and nice? I assume you use an art tablet. I have one for about 4 years, but my hand is always shaky and as a result my line art tends to look sloppy.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hey there! I just want to say that I like your work. The colours are pretty and the style is cute.

From what I've read in this topic, you use Firealpaca. That's nice, I use it as well for my art. xP But I'm just wondering, how do you get your line art so smooth and nice? I assume you use an art tablet. I have one for about 4 years, but my hand is always shaky and as a result my line art tends to look sloppy.

Thank you so much, Odyssey! 

Woohoo, a fellow FireAlpaca user! Yes, I use a tablet as well. I used to try path tools in other programs, but found that I really didn't prefer to do my art that way and switched to free-handing lines. One thing I do to help with smooth lines is to place the Pen Correction at 17. It helps a lot with curves. On longer lines, such as the back, or the neck, I try to cover those areas in as few strokes as possible. I used to zoom in extremely close and try short, gentle sweeps, but training myself to elongate my strokes has helped with smoother lines in general. I hope that helps! 

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love the way you draw their muzzles! ^v^ Seeing an unique drawing style like yours feels so refreshing~

Any new drawings coming up? :D

Thank you so much, Merion!! :)

Fingers crossed for at least another digital piece before the semester starts. ^^

By the way, super cute Flutterbat sculpture! Nice job.

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Alright, one last hoo-rah before the semester starts. I'll still be posting art, but it will be traditional because I won't be bringing my tablet with me. I had a lot of fun with this Luna. I really want to work on the "comic book" heavy line shading style, so I thought I'd give it a go here. I learned quite a bit from the last piece I did, which helped me to work more quickly this time around. 

I like Luna's current show style, but I wanted to try her Season 1 look (with a longer mane of course). She's off-duty, so we caught her at one of the rare moments she isn't wearing her royal attire. 

It's been nearly a month (1 day off) since I joined this site, and I must say, I really appreciate all of you guys' support. You've encouraged me to push my limits and make improvements! I don't think I'd be where I am now without you all. :)

LunacomicstyleColoredlines_zpsi422nhoy.p

As you can see above, I colored Luna's lines dark blue. However, I made a variant with black lines! Not much of a difference, but I couldn't settle with just one version, so I'm posting the second here! Lol

LunacomicstyleBlacklines_zpsindktrrq.png

Edit: adjusted the lighting

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 9

Alright, one last hoo-rah before the semester starts. I'll still be posting art, but it will be traditional because I won't be bringing my tablet with me. I had a lot of fun with this Luna. I really want to work on the "comic book" heavy line shading style, so I thought I'd give it a go here. I learned quite a bit from the last piece I did, which helped me to work more quickly this time around. 

I like Luna's current show style, but I wanted to try her Season 1 look (with a longer mane of course). She's off-duty, so we caught her at one of the rare moments she isn't wearing her royal attire. 

It's been nearly a month (1 day off) since I joined this site, and I must say, I really appreciate all of you guys' support. You've encouraged me to push my limits and make improvements! I don't think I'd be where I am now without you all. :)

LunacomicstyleColoredlines_zps77y6qaxk.p

As you can see above, I colored Luna's lines dark blue. However, I made a variant with black lines! Not much of a difference, but I couldn't settle with just one version, so I'm posting the second here! Lol

LunacomicstyleBlacklines_zpsujtzvts3.png

aww I love your drawings <3<3<3 they aro so beautiful <3<3 =)=)=) they look like some of the could come out of the picture and be with me <3<3 you're so talented =)=)=)<3<3 keep being awesome and drawing the beautiful art =)<3

• Brohoof 1

LunacomicstyleColoredlines_zpsi422nhoy.p

LunacomicstyleBlacklines_zpsindktrrq.png

I love how you've drawn Luna here, in both versions :)

• Brohoof 3

aww I love your drawings <3<3<3 they aro so beautiful <3<3 =)=)=) they look like some of the could come out of the picture and be with me <3<3 you're so talented =)=)=)<3<3 keep being awesome and drawing the beautiful art =)<3

I love how you've drawn Luna here, in both versions :)

Thank you so much, you guys! :)

• Brohoof 2

sig-4053880.LunacomicstyleColoredlines_z

sig-4053880.LunacomicstyleBlacklines_zps

*loud gasp*

O.. M... G....

That's.. so bootiful.. :pinkie::wub: Absolutely amazing! LUUUNAAAA!!!!! Yay! :yay:

Best picture to date :grin2: (Partially because it's Luna)

Did i mention Luna is one of my top favorite characters?

LUNA! WOOOooooo..!!

But yeah.. you did an amazing job with this one ;) Love every part of it :wub:

Though, to be completely honest, i wonder where the sparkles in her mane have gone? :/

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

But yeah.. you did an amazing job with this one ;) Love every part of it :wub:

Though, to be completely honest, i wonder where the sparkles in her mane have gone? :/

Thank you, Aura! I really appreciate your comments. :D

I wanted to do pre-sparkle Luna and wasn't thinking about that, but if I have time, perhaps I'll throw some in! :P

Luna looks awesome :D :D :D. You are doing a great job :D :D :D <3

Thanks Jonas! <3 Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 3

sig-4053880.LunacomicstyleColoredlines_z

sig-4053880.LunacomicstyleBlacklines_zps

This came out super pretty! You effort with the heavy lines definitely payed off in the one with black lines; the blacks look appropriate and convey the volumes correctly without being overwhelming. The harsh edges on the bloom feel a bit synthetic (bloom usually fades off very slowly,) but it is a nice touch that adds to the work's impact. In the end, in both works you've made S1 Luna look super pretty, and overall they give off an almost celestial feel that I quite enjoy. :)

(You've asked for constructive criticism so I've tried to provide some. If you'd rather I scrub it out in the future lemme know! Good critique is hard to do and I make no claim of being even remotely adequate at it.)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This came out super pretty! You effort with the heavy lines definitely payed off in the one with black lines; the blacks look appropriate and convey the volumes correctly without being overwhelming. The harsh edges on the bloom feel a bit synthetic (bloom usually fades off very slowly,) but it is a nice touch that adds to the work's impact. In the end, in both works you've made S1 Luna look super pretty, and overall they give off an almost celestial feel that I quite enjoy. :)(You've asked for constructive criticism so I've tried to provide some. If you'd rather I scrub it out in the future lemme know! Good critique is hard to do and I make no claim of being even remotely adequate at it.)

Thank you so much for your comments and critiques, Forward! Much appreciated. :)

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Alright, , here you go. I changed a couple of things really quick and tossed in a couple of sparkles to make her look a little more "magical". I also softened that bloom effect. Lol

LunacomicstyleColoredlinesMAGICKS_zpsjbw

these are really pretty drawings

Thank you so much, Vendi! :3

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 6

Alright, , here you go. I changed a couple of things really quick and tossed in a couple of sparkles to make her look a little more "magical". I also softened that bloom effect. Lol

sig-4054899.LunacomicstyleColoredlinesMA

Wow! O.o The sparkles really stepped this one up a notch. Yay for the sparkle suggestion and the clean execution of the idea.

• Brohoof 1

Luna's looking very pretty, excellent work! :D I really like your style, especially the hair, it looks very colorful ^^

Thanks, Strudel!

/steals the luna drawing like a art thief in france in a bad movie with subtitles/

SOOOO PRETTY!

Aah, security! Haha, thank you Tao!

Wow! O.o The sparkles really stepped this one up a notch. Yay for the sparkle suggestion and the clean execution of the idea.

Thanks again, Forward!

sig-4054899.LunacomicstyleColoredlinesMA

*gasp* Wow.. it's.. so pretty.. :pinkie::wub: 

I expected little sparkles on only the mane and tail.. but with her whole body being shimmering like that just makes it way better ⁿ-ⁿ

Great work ;)

Why do i have the sudden urge to try and vectorize it now? xD

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

*gasp* Wow.. it's.. so pretty.. :pinkie::wub:

I expected little sparkles on only the mane and tail.. but with her whole body being shimmering like that just makes it way better ⁿ-ⁿ

Great work ;)

Thanks Aura! Glad you like it.

At first I actually was planning to sparkle the mane and tail...but I quickly realized that sparkles are like Pringles: you can't add just one or two!

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 1

I like the sparkling effect, one might almost mistake Luna for an Icelander (since we are so sparkly (a stereotype)). Good job

• Brohoof 1