MLP Forums Drawing Contest August 2015

ProjectRKA

Soooo... my drawing is pretty much done!!! All I have to do is add color! AH! I'm so excited! :D :D :D

I will probably get some colored pencils tomorrow so I can work on it. 

• Brohoof 5

So I am pretty much done with my drawing, but unsure what exactly a WIP is. I want it to be eligible so I want to make sure that I am following the rules! :)

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 1

So I am pretty much done with my drawing, but unsure what exactly a WIP is. I want it to be eligible so I want to make sure that I am following the rules! :)

It means "work in progress." So you basically have to document how you got from the sketch or whatever point of the image, to the finished piece.

• Brohoof 1

It means "work in progress." So you basically have to document how you got from the sketch or whatever point of the image, to the finished piece.

okay! I can do that! :) 

good thing I took a picture of my piece before I colored it! lol I was wondering if I needed to send my first draft and final product. 

• Brohoof 2

okay! I can do that! :)

good thing I took a picture of my piece before I colored it! lol I was wondering if I needed to send my first draft and final product. 

That's exactly what you have to do. :)

• Brohoof 1

I have a question: Why not just post submissions in this thread? I don't see why the email thing is necessary, maybe I'm overlooking something.

Otherwise it will get too cluttered in here with people's submissions, and it's also a way to prevent people from stealing art and claiming it as theirs.

• Brohoof 4

Oh-ho-ho-ho-HOOOOOO, finally a contest with prizes I can actually accept!! *rubs hands together gleefully* YEAAAAHHH!!

I can't accept physical or real money prizes, but the points I can get. ouo I'm really glad you guys did this, now I can finally participate in something :P

• Brohoof 5

Guys, just a remider. You're supposed to send your WIP's along with your finished drawings. Not separately. 

Norse horses? Interesting, I'll see if I can participate! And good luck to everyone! :D

Just a question: are any characters allowed, or only canon ones?

Oc's are definitely allowed. 

• Brohoof 3

Guys, just a remider. You're supposed to send your WIP's along with your finished drawings. Not separately. 

Dumb question since im kinda new to this whats WIP? im guessing work in progress?

Also i work with digital, so is there a size limit or any size? I usually work with the 1920x1080 but i was thinking going a bit bigger for this.

• Brohoof 1

Oh gosh! I sent mine seperately! I'm so sorry :( xx

Dumb question since im kinda new to this whats WIP? im guessing work in progress?

Also i work with digital, so is there a size limit or any size? I usually work with the 1920x1080 but i was thinking going a bit bigger for this.

Yep! It stands for Work In Progress. Preferably, we want your WIP in the form of either a rough sketch or line art.

There is no limit to what size you choose. If you want to go for a larger image, that's fine. :)

• Brohoof 3

...This is actually looking like such a lovely thing. I'ma definitely have to jump in on this.  :lol:

Question: for those who win 1st, does the special forum badge last for the month and disappear in time for the next contest, or...?  :)

• Brohoof 1

for those who win 1st, does the special forum badge last for the month and disappear in time for the next contest

Yes ... sort of like Sir Stanley's Cup or some other traveling trophy of sorts. ;)

• Brohoof 4