Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Life Lessons

Not Yellow Diamond

What Life lessons has the MLP fandom taught you? 

"Didn't they do that like at the end of like almost, uhhhh, I don't know. Every episode."

Not what i'm asking, but what have you learned from the fandom or someone in the fandom. 

So.  What has this fandom and it's people taught you? 

For me the fandom has taught me (Or at least emphasized)...

1.) Something I've known for years but never really took a lot from it... you guys on the forums, especially staff should know this one well..."He who never learned to obey cannot be a good leader."

I may not agree with my superiors all the time, especially at work… but I'm going to listen to them... because I have a feeling it will do me good in the long run. So, as Celestia says….

sig-4026581.sig-4026581.princess_celesti

2.) You are your stereotype

What I mean, is, I may have had a different intent than what is assumed... but... most people will look at you and others like you and see that you’re different. It does seem a tad suspicious, doesn't it?

So, people will assume and assume wrong of you in most cases. Prove them wrong.

3.) Pinkie Pie is a cartoon character, I'm not.

I match Pinkie Pie's zaniness easily. And we live in a world where everyone hates everything and everybody. So negative and pessimistic. So, don't be so excited. Always stay happy, but don't overwhelm. Unfortunately it sends a bad message to be too darn happy and excited all the time.

4.) I'm the only person ever who prefers to be told off than coddled

That should be self-explanatory

5.) Placebo Effect...

Things may seem great, but they aren’t always. Do your research and don’t let your guard down. Be cognizant of the fact people… aren’t always good and will assume the worst in you sometimes. Just as you judge people, people will judge you.

Even if you don’t judge people, people will still judge you. Let them. Don’t hold it against them. They are only human.

6.) Only Human

Always going to make mistakes... so are others. Forgive, and try to forget. Move on and be the best you can be.

7.) Hypocrisy is Human

Live by the saying, "Do as I Say, not as I do." or prepare to be thoroughly disappointed.

8.) Love and Tolerate

Even when they are 180 degrees from the right direction... Either turn them around, or let them go. Because if you know right. Listen to it. Don't throw pearls to swine and don't jump to save the one who is falling... or else. You're both dead. Watch yourself, because if you have yourself in check. It limits you from hurting, harming others.

9.) Be the best you can be for others.

I have had more joy helping people in this community than anywhere else. Nothing will stop me from wanting to help people. 

-----

That's what I have learned, what have you? Maybe you could teach me something else :)

Edited by Flashy Sentry
  • Brohoof 2

The only thing the fandom has taught me is that there are some fans out there who really need to chill out and stop overreacting.

Also, it taught me that there some very delusional fans out there.

(Ya know, people who actually believe that their tulpas exist and stuff)

• Brohoof 1

Nothing really... I'm a grown man and thus a cartoon or its fans don't really teach me anything that I did not already know. Except maybe:

The only thing the fandom has taught me is that there are some fans out there who really need to chill out and stop overreacting.

This. 

Beautifully said. This should be a plaque embedded on every nook and crany of the Ponynet. :D

Probably don't knock something until you try it. I thought MLP was a girly show and the people who watched it I would never talk to, but look where I am today. Also what Royalty said about people losing their shit.

Edited by GuyNamedEarl

Beautifully said. This should be a plaque embedded on every nook and crany of the Ponynet. :D

Do I sense sarcasm in that post? XD

There is no need to be afraid of telling people what you like; if they won't be your friend just because you like something, then they aren't a good friend in the first place.

Yeah, that first time when I got into MLP and decided to tell someone who I thought was a friend...

• Brohoof 1

It's taught me that assuming something is true without any evidence leads to terrible conclusions. And that you should ignore stupid people (at least the ones that should be ignored).

The lessons you learn in each of the episodes are good, but I think there is a bigger lesson not defined by the show, but for bronies. The thing is that the brony community has redefined men. This community and the show has taught me a whole new meaning of entertainment and molded my personality to be a nicer person. I can even talk to strangers a lot easier than I ever did.

The lessons you learn in each of the episodes are good, but I think there is a bigger lesson not defined by the show, but for bronies. The thing is that the brony community has redefined men. This community and the show has taught me a whole new meaning of entertainment and molded my personality to be a nicer person. I can even talk to strangers a lot easier than I ever did.

I always thought this too. There is a lesson for kids, but it's also directed at the bronies. For example Read it and Weap was about not being ashamed about liking MLP.