Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [RPG/SURVIVAL] Darkly’s Rampage (Open/Searching)

Darkly SteamGear

Story

Back, around a time 4 or 5 years before Luna’s banishment, there existed a town. It was located just a tad north of what is known as Manehattan today.  This town was known as Hayville. It was a mid-sized village, well known for producing and selling hay. But it was more famously known for its highly diverse marketplace. Ponies and other sentient creatures from across the world would come from all over just to to sell their products here. But now, it is just a desolate, abandoned ghost town. The ruins of old houses pollute this barren landscape, most of which look as if they had been burnt. It is a mystery to most as to how this happened. There have been legends and many tales, as to why this had happened. Some claim it was magic, while others claim that it was an otherworldly being. But, what was the true cause of this catastrophe?

Our Roleplay begins as this event unfolds. You are a citizen of this village. The mid-day sun glistens on your coat, as you trot happily to the marketplace. You were craving some of those delicious, and famous, Hayville hay fries. They were just so good, that even after eating them every other day, their taste never got old.

The marketplace was an always busy, and ever-crowded plaza where ponies, and other races from far off locations from all over would go to sell their produced goods. Apples, carrots, bananas, you name it, they probably had it. It was also situated by a shipping port, where many exports could be seen. There were crates of goods constantly being loaded and unloaded off of these ships. “You never knew what could be in them, until you gave them a good opening”, or at least that what you always thought as you saw them unloading the ships.

As you approach the hay fry stand, something catches the corner of your eye. It just appeared to be another Pegasus flying overhead. You ignore it, because it isn’t too abnormal, after all, this is a quite popular marketplace. But, something still seemed so off about this. As you continue your transaction to purchase the hay fries, you feel the ground shake. When you look back, you notice a crowd of ponies surrounding something.

After you bought the hayfries, you push your way through the crowd of ponies to see what was going on. When you finally get to the front of the circle of ponies, you begin to think it would have been better if you had stayed home. In the center of the crowd, there lay a chestnut colored pony, with eyes that had the coloration of dried blood. His hoofs and some of his wings were covered in a coating of some type of metal .His mane was a bit bushy, almost like Derpy’s. The same could be said about his tail. It was colored with streaks of a darkish grey and darkish red. And his cutie mark… it looked almost like gears with blood dripping from them.

You keep thinking “There is no way this could be real”. He attempted to pick himself up, but it was almost like he was possessed by something… He struggled to mutter something in an almost mechanical tone of voice, it sounded like he was saying “NO, NOOOOO. GO AWAY, ERRGGGAAAAAAAAAA”.

With a thud, he fell back down to the ground. But, right when you thought that was the end of it, you see his head begin to twitch as he begins to pick himself back up. This whole scene begins to unsettle you, to the point of where you push your way to an easy escape point from the crowd. You hear some unholy monotone voice that sounds completely alien to you, you assumed it was the bizarre chestnut colored pony. It said “ALL OBSOLETE LIFEFORMS MUST BE SENT FOR EXTRACTION…. BEGINNING CAPTURE SEQUENCE… CAPTURING SEQUENCE INITIALIZED”.

Shrieks of pure horror almost completely permeate all throughout the marketplace, as some poor earth pony is thrown through the crowd, and into an orange vendor’s stand. You hear the badly injured earth pony begin to wail. Before you knew it, you were right in the middle of pure chaos, as ponies ran in all directions, away from this monster. Then you notice that his hoof transformed into some flame creating device. Thankfully, he doesn’t notice you as you go to hide behind one of the vendor stands. You begin to enter fight or flight mode, as you hear him say, in the same mechanical and unholy voice “COMMENCING DEMOLITION PROCESS…. NEXT AEM PROCESS: CLEANSING…. COMMENCING..."

The rest is up to you and your party!

Now, to explain the mechanics of how I am going to do this RP (a few examples are displayed below)

Stats in normal non-combat situation:

This is your HP and Armor. It will let you know how much of it you have left. Your armor will take some hits for you, but it depends how high your armor rating is to determine how much damage it takes off your HP. Your armor will still take the full damage of the blow.

Darkly’s HP and Armor: 100HP/1000A

This is your armor rating. I will determine it based on the type of armor you pick up, or what you decide to wear. Also, I will list what types of elemental damage it is weak to, and what it is good at defending against. But that will be unveiled as time goes on, and listed below the rating as time goes on.

To find the amount of HP your armor takes for you, do AR/D (or damage, this will be explained later).

Armor Rating:  500

I will decide how high this meter increases based on the amount of damage Darkly has done to Hayville.  

-At 5% the Hayville guard will attempt to intervene.

-At 15% additional backup guards will be sent in.

-At 25%, a garrison of troops from the nearest town will be sent in.

-At 40%, a specialized team from Cloudsdale will be sent in.

-At 50%, The whole royal guard will be deployed in an attempt to crush the threat.

-At 75%, Celestia and Luna will attempt to contain the situation.

- At 100% Darkly will move to another town.

All of these bonuses will take an average of 5 turns, or however long I might decide. I might not decide to use some of these, to extend the life of the RP.

Total Destruction Of Hayville: 0%

Normal, non-combat turns:

The way I determine what happens during your turn relies on using a deck of cards in a game of war type situation. But I will draw both, your card and my card as a precaution to cheating.  If I draw an Ace and your card draws out as a King, then you lose that turn, or something bad happens.

There can be critical successes and failures, such as if I draw a 2, and your card draws out to be an Ace. Then you would critically win that turn.

Also, there can be a clash, such that if I draw a 5 and your card draws out to be a 5, then something good and bad will happen.

I will put the card you had, and the one that I drew at the top of the posts I make.

Combat Turns:

For combat, I will use a 6 sided dice as well as the card system I explained before.

The multipliers for the cards are as follows:

-  2 = 2X

-  3 = 3X

-  4 = 4X

-  5 = 5X

-  6 = 6X

-   7 = 7X

-   8 = 8X

… and so on and so forth.

The face cards are as follows:

-          Jack = 12X

-          Queen = 13X

-          King = 14X

-          Ace = 20X

The multipliers on the dice work the same way. I roll a 2, 2X roll a 3, 3X and so on and so forth.

These multipliers will determine your damage. To determine the amount of damage you do, ill do the following calculation: card multiplier X dice multiplier X effectiveness + skill with said attack. I will determine the skill with said attack based on your OC’s abilities and traits. I will also determine the effectiveness.

Also, the cards will decide who wins the fight, and gets to deal the damage. So if I draw an Ace, and your card ends up being a 4, then I win. Basically the same way the non-combat system works as explained above.

When going up against darkly, he has 2 dice multipliers, so watch out! :o

General Rules:

-no OP OCs, it’s no fun when you kill the primary antagonist in an instant.

-Alicorns... I mean I'm going to have to go with yes, as long as you aren't more OP then celestia, or princess twilight. Just describe how they got to the village of Hayville.

-Keep your OCs fitting to the theme of the story. Nothing too anachronistic, after all that’s Darkly’s job.

-you can explain how your OC got into this mess instead of using the main story, if you wish. just be sure to not stray too far from the main story. 

General:

Primary Antagonist:

-Darkly (younger/no endo skin showing) https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/darkly-steamgear-shorter-r8831 :played by Darkly 

Primary Protagonist:

Protagonists:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you wish to join in this RP, just post the information of him below. I will determine if is ok enough to join. This is still in the planning phase, and i am still looking for others.

Edited by Darkly SteamGear