Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Deer in FiM

Mrfluttr

I think the animators messed up and forgot that hooved animals are supposed to be sapient.

Are they consistent about whether goats are sentient or not?  I saw some with headsets when Iron Will was doing his show, but are they consistent about them being intelligent?

• Brohoof 1

Are they consistent about whether goats are sentient or not?  I saw some with headsets when Iron Will was doing his show, but are they consistent about them being intelligent?

I forgot about that. The chimera from "Somepony to Watch Over Me" had the head of a goat that talked. Now you got me thinking about sheep also. They can talk but Applejack herded and locked them up in an episode.

Well, it'd be great to see deer getting fleshed up. After all, back when Mrs Faust was in charge a scrapped episode idea involved a talking, sentient deer. Some deer make a cameo in Filli Vanilli. They played a bigger role in the IDW comics, but I wasn't fond of how they were portrayed pretty much as eco-terrorists. In all honesty, it'd be great to see what the deer civilization is like, but the truth is, the show is rather inconsistent when it comes to its portrayal of sentient hooved creatures. But after all, the main focus are the ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Deer exist in the comic, but they're boring elf Rivendell deer.

I don't see them fitting in, unless you basically make a second Everfree Forest the size of a nation and make their entire point that they let nature do what it wants. The problem is that this would have been heard about and considered normal, and the ponies' reactions to the Everfree Forest make it clear that this is not normal.

Deer are adorable, but I just can't think of a smooth way to integrate them into the pony lands at this time.