Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 6 Ages

Not Yellow Diamond

So, this may be a thread, may not be, but i don't see one and if it ever was a thread then not recently active. So... 

How old do you presume the Mane Six to be? 

According to Meghan Mccarthy and someone else... slipping my mind they are supposed to be young adults... so I'm assuming somewhere between 23-25.

Applejack: 25
Rarity: 24
Twilight: 23
Pinkie Pie: 24
Fluttershy: 25
Rainbow Dash: 23

My headcanon basically...

Oh and before, "What about Spike?"

Let's be honest... no one cares about Spike :lol: 

Everybody cares about Spike, they're just so afraid of admitting it their minds completely block out all memor-

Huh? Wha? Ah, yes, the Mane Six.

Well, given the passing of seasons and the like within the show itself, I think it's safe to assume that at least two years have past since Twilight Sparkle was first sent to Ponyville. So, assuming of course that the Unicorns, Earth Ponies and Pegasi (who may even have completely different lifespans compared to each other) age and mature at a comparable rate to baseline Humans, I could see the majority of them inhabiting the 22-25 area as of now.

Of course, I don't believe it's ever been specified how long they live, or how quickly they mature. They could be considered adults at 5 years old, yet still live well over a hundred years for all we know.

Edited by Worst Wizard

My answer is based on 2 things

1)Hasbro says the 1st 3 seasons lasted 1 year.

2)IMO, it was about 10 years between the events of the 1st rainboom (In The Cutie Mark Chronicles (S1E23)) & the pilot

Twilight was applying for Celestia's School, so she was either 6 (1st grade) or 5 (kindergarten).  That makes her 15 or 16 in the pilot (About the age Joan of Arc was when she started on her career)

Spike was just being hatched, so was 10 in the pilot.  Secret of My Excess is therefore his 11th birthday.

Apple Jack  In Apple Family Reunion they show some of her baby pictures. She looks about 1 year old. Granny says reunions are every 100 moons.  If the pictures are from 3 reunions back, that makes her about 26 during that episode, about 25 in the pilot & about 15 in the Chronicles when she is the last in her class to get her Cutie Mark.  If you assume 2 reunions, she would be only 7 during the Chronicles.  That seems pretty young to hitch hike to Manehatten

Dash  In Pinkie's Pride, (Season 4) Dash tells Pinkie she moved to town on her birthday.  There are 21 candles on the cake.  IMO, this is artistic license -there are no unseen candles.  That makes her 19 at that time & 2 years in town.  She probably joined the Wonderbolts as soon as she could & was thus 18 during Wonderbolt's Academy (S3E7).  This makes her 17 during the pilot & 7 during Chronicles when she says she is 1st in her class to get her Cutie Mark.  (IMO, Twilight was younger but 1) she wasn't in Dash's class & 2) They might not have compared this & Dash may not have known)

Fluttershy  She was in Junior Flight Camp w Dash & so some folks say she is Dash's age.  IMO, camp was like Summer Camp & had kids of differing ages.  I point out that some of the foals already had Cutie Marks & must have been older than Dash.  On the other hand, if she was more than 2 or 3 years older she probably wouldn't have become friends w Dash.  18-20 during the pilot.

Pinkie F says she is 1 year older than Pinkie (ICR Griffon the Brush Off ?)  Depending on "How old is Fluttershy?" P could actually be a few months younger than Dash, but is probably a year or so older. 17-19 during the pilot.

Rarity Hardest of all to say.  20ish during the pilot?  Old enough to be in business for herself, young enough she hasn't done much yet & was still in school 10 years ago.  It looks like she was in theater w Cheerilee, but that could still be true even if C was a few years older.  (IMO, Ponyville school only goes to age 14, but that's another thread) 

• Brohoof 1