Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Starlight be redeemed? (Possible Spoilers).

CastletonSnob

I don't care either way if she gets redeemed (I'd prefer if she didn't but she's probably going to), I just really, really, really, hope she doesn't join the mane 6. 

Not if she ends up pulling a Master Xehanort.

After all, is her upcoming time travel going to be interesting or just make her a contrived Villain Sue like it did him in a certain 3DS game?

Edited by A.V.

Starlight goes back in time, prevents the Sonic Rainboom (which begs the question of how she knew about its connection to the ponies in the first place) and the Mane 6 lose their Cutie Marks

Or something

If she's redeemed, then DHX is sending an awful message to young kids...

"No matter how awful your crimes are, all will be forgiven if you say sorry after being nuked by rainbows."

I'm hoping for another villain death

I hope not. I'm getting sick of seeing villains getting redeemed. I'd like to see some of them staying evil for once

That's not what this show is about though.

1. The show is called friendship is magic, so it's kinda a no brainer.

2. This show dosen't do long villains, or even Villain deaths (Sombra dosen't really count, since he looked like a spirit for me.)

I don't want her to be redeemed... I kind of see her being someone Twilight just can't change, and the mane six have to come to terms with sometimes having ponies not like them. It happens in real life...and I feel the writers are competent enough to write a tale like that.

That's not what this show is about though.

1. The show is called friendship is magic, so it's kinda a no brainer.

2. This show dosen't do long villains, or even Villain deaths (Sombra dosen't really count, since he looked like a spirit for me.)

While I get the show is all about Friendship, sometimes there are people who are just irredeemable and I'd like to see the show to reflect that. Not just with major supernatural villains like Chrysalis, Tirek and Sombra, but even the more realistic villains like Starlight Glimmer. Also, I'm worried they'd be treading similar ground with Starlight, where she'd be Rainbow'd and she starts feeling sorry(like Sunset), or the heroes save the day and she suddenly apologizes and say sorry outta nowhere(like Trixie)

Also, this may just be me, but with the exception of Gilda, whenever they "redeemed a character" it was either awkward at first and had use extra episodes for it to take effect(Discord and Starlight), or it literally came out of nowhere and was shittily handled(Trixie, the 3 HWE leaders)

While I get the show is all about Friendship, sometimes there are people who are just irredeemable and I'd like to see the show to reflect that. Not just with major supernatural villains like Chrysalis, Tirek and Sombra, but even the more realistic villains like Starlight Glimmer. Also, I'm worried they'd be treading similar ground with Starlight, where she'd be Rainbow'd and she starts feeling sorry(like Sunset), or the heroes save the day and she suddenly apologizes and say sorry outta nowhere(like Trixie)

Also, this may just be me, but with the exception of Gilda, whenever they "redeemed a character" it was either awkward at first and had use extra episodes for it to take effect(Discord and Starlight), or it literally came out of nowhere and was shittily handled(Trixie, the 3 HWE leaders)

While i understand your concerns about the Rainbow beam thing, i don't think that this is going to happen, since the season finale will be a time loop and they won't have their cutie marks. I think they will redeem her through a more realistic way.

And i think that Starlights redemption actually has alot to offer and if it's used well, can be turned into a positive.

Besides,

sig-3962403.1437603515230.png

If you look at the poster, where Mane 6 stay, you can clearly see that Starlight is standing there. Why is she standing so closely with them if she is a villain?

I don't say it's pretty much confirmed, but it makes you think.

I know i dont really watch Mlp anymore and probably shouldnt even talk about this, but ive seen shorts from both the Equestria Girls Movies and from the Episode in which Starlight Glimmer is in and to be honest, i would love to see Starlight Glimmer join the main 6.

Even more than Sunset Shimmer.

Its just, that Starlight is just the better villain for me, who steels cutie marks from everyone, is the leader of a cult and probably really strong.

I think she is just more interesting as character.

Warning, the following sentence could be seen as a spoiler for Once upon a time!

Also she reminds me a lot of Regina from Once upon a time and would really love if she also starts to turn kinda good.

I mean Sunset is pretty much good now...so...i dont know.

By starlight it would just be the constantly rivalry between Twilight and her. it would just be more interesting i think  :)

Edited by PsychoTwi
  • Brohoof 1

Starlight goes back in time, prevents the Sonic Rainboom (which begs the question of how she knew about its connection to the ponies in the first place) and the Mane 6 lose their Cutie Marks

Or something

If she's redeemed, then DHX is sending an awful message to young kids...

"No matter how awful your crimes are, all will be forgiven if you say sorry after being nuked by rainbows."

I'm hoping for another villain death

I don't mind if she's redeemed, but I don't want her joining the mane 6, also to answer your question I think in the animatic Twilight gives Starlight is shown sitting in on it and learning about how the mane 6 met.

Will Starlight redemption happen?

99% probability it will with a 1% margin of error.

Do I want Starlight redeemed?

No, and I know this is breaking some brony by-law, but I don't find her interesting in the slightest and would rather just like to sweep her under the rug and move on.