Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -OOC- (Never closed)

J.R.

(edited)

Idk if I believe his age is actually 19 with a post like that :/ he seems young, probably doesn't know any better.

Kind of reminds me of a 13 year old I knew in my old role playing community. Maybe someone should PM him to come here, he has been making posts like that in other people's RPs as well.

Edited by PonyOfWar

@Fractured,@J.R.@Magos Amphrose@bronislav84,

Fine. We'll cut down her lifting capability to 5 tons. That should be around the strength of a unicorn, if not a little weaker (Rarity & Twi managed to carry Tom). Looks like her radar has to go completely then. Her sonar hearing should be warning enough if she doesn't see her foe. I'd actually like to keep the 50,000 volt defense, but do it as a momentary discharge, rather than a constant current.

Not really sure how to give her partial protection from magic. You're either completely safe from it or you're not. And is there really any way for even the show characters to fend off magic. Never really saw Dash or AJ get out of Twi's magical grip either. 

(edited)

@Fractured,@J.R., @Magos Amphrose, @bronislav84,

Fine. We'll cut down her lifting capability to 5 tons. That should be around the strength of a unicorn, if not a little weaker (Rarity & Twi managed to carry Tom). Looks like her radar has to go completely then. Her sonar hearing should be warning enough if she doesn't see her foe. I'd actually like to keep the 50,000 volt defense, but do it as a momentary discharge, rather than a constant current.

Not really sure how to give her partial protection from magic. You're either completely safe from it or you're not. And is there really any way for even the show characters to fend off magic. Never really saw Dash or AJ get out of Twi's magical grip either.

Maybe you could make her weak to certain kinds of magic, that would be partial. Like what if she is strong against lighting based magic since she has a charge herself and weak to water which could make her malfunction. There are ways to be partially protected since not all magic could harm her. Edited by PonyOfWar

(edited)

Fine. We'll cut down her lifting capability to 5 tons. That should be around the strength of a unicorn, if not a little weaker (Rarity & Twi managed to carry Tom). Looks like her radar has to go completely then. Her sonar hearing should be warning enough if she doesn't see her foe. I'd actually like to keep the 50,000 volt defense, but do it as a momentary discharge, rather than a constant current.

Not really sure how to give her partial protection from magic. You're either completely safe from it or you're not. And is there really any way for even the show characters to fend off magic. Never really saw Dash or AJ get out of Twi's magical grip either. 

It is actually shown several times in the show (ala Twilight struggling to hold the Ursa, Flurry Heart shattering Cadence's spell,etc.) as well as stated in IDW's comics, that at least levitation and energy bubbles work through negating all of the opposing forces of whatever's trapped inside them at the time.

post-28184-0-96763300-1466902758_thumb.png

Meaning enough physical force or stressing of the system should cause it to collapse, provided it's more than the user can handle.

Edited by Fractured

(edited)

@Fractured,

@J.R.@Magos Amphrose@bronislav84,

I'm ok with this, as well as what Fractured said. Ok so shock defense needs to be activated, but just feels like it would be unwieldy to use. You either have it on and nobody can touch you, or you have it active passively and nobody can touch you. Either way nobody can touch you except Lektra and well, it's kinda OP which is why I just dropped it. It's too much micromanagement for me and my opponents. Should be able to just struggle out of magic, too. Transformation spells might be a bit overpowered to use on players and nobody uses them here anyway. Everything else I say just take things as they come, communicate with the GMs, and use your good judgement on how to react.

I imagine Lektra and Luster would be hanging out a lot. Won't be quite the progression like her origins, but count on her offering upgrades. Character development.

Edited by bronislav84

The shock won't be on for the whole time. 5 or so seconds at most.

As for a way to combat magic, well in her backstory I had the idea that some of the human scientists who helped build her were actually Sunset Shimmer & Sci-Twi. Perhaps one of the features that helps her escape magic would be using the magic collector Sci-Twi had. Every time magic is used on her, she absorbs a little bit of it, taking some of the edge off of whatever she's hit with. If she's in a telekinetic grip or up against a force field, the longer she's in contact with it, the weaker it gets. So no pinning her down with magic or else she'll gain the upper hoof in a few minutes, though she'll take the brunt of whatever she gets hit with.

I can see her bringing in some human firearms into the fray. I'll state whatever weapons she chooses to bring into her fights. 

So, does this help her pass?

(edited)

I feel 5 seconds is 4 seconds too many. A shock like that would most likely instantly kill anypony except Lektra. Haven't you ever seen videos of stupid people touching powerlines or putting a finger in an outlet? Instant death, but they're probably stronger than 50k volts. In this case it's about current. Are you using high current or low current? Because a taser really does have 50k but it's low current so it just KOs and doesn't kill. Using this too much though would be a bit on the unfair side. Matches go to death (unlikely and can be revived because Celestia is awesome), KO, or giving up, so if you can just KO with taser current that seems kinda well, cheap.

I think absorbing magic attacks might be an interesting mechanic, but have it eventually be able to be discharged as a shockwave or something. You could also alternatively use it to have her gain a power aura for a turn or two for various buffs. The rule about new stuff is you can't learn it during a match because it gives you an unfair advantage to learn EXACTLY what you need to get the upper hand, but you can definitely learn new stuff before and after. So as long as you decide on it and the GMs say it's ok, go nuts.

I'm not sure about having access to those weapons much less the ammo for them unless she's constantly goes between worlds to get new ones and replenishes her ammo. More likely she would have Magitek versions of those kinds of weapons made for her by Lektra. That seems more plausible and you'd be able to use beams instead of bullets. We have a couple of gunners in the RP with various firearms so firearms do exist here.

Edited by bronislav84

The shock won't be on for the whole time. 5 or so seconds at most.

As for a way to combat magic, well in her backstory I had the idea that some of the human scientists who helped build her were actually Sunset Shimmer & Sci-Twi. Perhaps one of the features that helps her escape magic would be using the magic collector Sci-Twi had. Every time magic is used on her, she absorbs a little bit of it, taking some of the edge off of whatever she's hit with. If she's in a telekinetic grip or up against a force field, the longer she's in contact with it, the weaker it gets. So no pinning her down with magic or else she'll gain the upper hoof in a few minutes, though she'll take the brunt of whatever she gets hit with.

I can see her bringing in some human firearms into the fray. I'll state whatever weapons she chooses to bring into her fights. 

So, does this help her pass?

I agree with Bron; when you're getting electricity passed through your body, one second is, in a word, an eternity, so you should limit it to that. But other than that. I'm okay with everything else you have now, so you're good to go, on my end. :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

By the way, @Hazard Time; if the countess needs someone of a "professional" note to "take care" of Raze, one of my OC's Sleight Mist is really good for this. She's really well known, and runs a spa inside the city; just hit her up, and recognize that she's not picky about her bits. Or taking care of business. :love:

Edited by Fractured
  • Brohoof 1

By the way, @Hazard Time; if the countess needs someone of a "professional" note to "take care" of Raze, one of my OC's Sleight Mist is really good for this. She's really well known, and runs a spa inside the city; just hit her up, and recognize that she's not picky about her bits. Or taking care of business. :love:

I was thinking of her hiring a hit pony in the second act, after her own dust up with Raze.  No spoilers on how I intend that fight to go XP

We had a good match back in the day. Since when is she a hit pony?

The term "freelancer" in her profile is the key to note here; it covers everything from small time jobs, like ridding towns of infestations and random criminals, to... less than pleasant activities. Which is a nice way of saying that she's influenced more political elections than taxes, and that she's the pony that you go to when you want other ponies to disappear. Permanently.  :blink:  All in secret, of course, though any reasonably shady pony in the underworld should at least know her name, and how to contact her if they want to get things done(mostly via contact of her employer, who sends stuff off to her, though drops ins are also acceptable, albeit poorly received.) . She's sort of a big thing down in that circle. :P

Interesting. Of course player characters can't be killed as far as I know, so how will that be handled?

Probably just beat Raze to a point where he can't fight anymore, then capture him.

Interesting. Of course player characters can't be killed as far as I know, so how will that be handled?

Huh. I thought we mentioned that that particular rule only extends to arena matches. Oh well; it'll be a lot more trouble to do this non-lethally, but I think that she's up for the task. :P

That would be interesting considering he's gonna have a supplier, at least until his funds run out then he's on his own............

Just curious, does Lektra accept payment in the form of, say, favors? I.e. she needs a special kind of material/tool, and Raze's gets it for her?

(edited)

Well isn't that kind of general RP a rule between players? No killing without permission? For arena we got Celestia and didn't a couple characters already die and get revived by her? Or was that like, near death and not full death?

Sure Mask, but it would have to be something she doesn't already have and can't make herself.

Edited by bronislav84

Well isn't that kind of general RP a rule between players? No killing without permission? For arena we got Celestia and didn't a couple characters already die and get revived by her? Or was that like, near death and not full death?

Sure Mask, but it would have to be something she doesn't already have and can't make herself.

I believe it's always near-death in arena matches.

Maybe you can die outside the arena, and someone knows revival spells or something like that?

Technically, they did; Celestia at least can heal pretty much any injury, and even pull your soul back from the other side, provided it was just freshly placed there (though obviously, that's rare, depends on if she's there, and she doesn't like doing it). Though, it's still technically possible to die, provided no one's around to help you when you're injured. And medical professions are only on rush call inside the arena...

Though, obviously, no killing characters without permission. That's entirely up to player discretion. :P